I want one

Why shouldn't I want one? Dealership will sell me one at sticker price if I order it and wait. Will I look like a faggot driving one?

My 2nd choice is the Golf R. I won't buy a Focus RS; they're pieces of shit, barely better than a GM product.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWdoTv3Hsbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks fuckin disgusting

You’re a homosexual

Do it. In 20 years time it's gonna stand out from the rest of the cars this generation.

Do you really think it looks that bad? Even the white one in the picture? I'm not feeling the wing, but I can live with it.

All hot hatches look odd, while the Golf R just looks fucking boring.

Yeah I was thinking of getting it full protective wrapped. I think if kept stock it will actually be worth a lot in 15 years when everyone is rolling around in Jewgle's plastic self-driving cuck boxes. And then it will be even more fun.

It looks far too busy, with edgy 12 year old angry faux vents all over it and that HORRIBLE wing. I feel genuinely sorry for people who fell for the hype and bought it with dealer markup.

Get a Golf R and look like a respectable member of society rather than a manchild / fratbro.

Yeh man it really looks just plain weird nothing really works there. There’s no flow to the design. The rear end is maybe tolerable without the wing perhaps. But shit sometimes you have to walk away from the car giving you a different view
It looks like a fukken transformer m8

A bunch of engineers have come out and said all of the vents and wings are functional. ...I agree though it looks super edgy. What I'm struggling with is that I know it would be nonstop fun to drive.

...Yeah I feel yah. I'm wondering if I'd be having enough fun to ignore the fact that it looks like it was designed by a 15 year old vaping edgelord. I thought maybe if I get it in white it would be more livable in terms of looks?

desu just get a focus rs and enjoy dorifto mode

It looks kinda good. It actually stands out and is easy to recognize. Don't give a fuck about what others think here, they are driving 20yo civics or some rusty miatas. Do what you want.
And there is nothing wrong with this car. Will hold its value very well if you decide to sell.

Dude, I would drool AF at you if I see you driving one. (But in the back of my mind, I will be like, FF LOL)

bro dont buy that rice mobile XD
get a 3k civic that will require 20k in mods and 10k in maintenance to barely be halfway to comparable to it XDDDDDDDDDD

These guys say the Civic Type R is the best hot hatch in the world in terms of fun. They also mention it's more agile than the Golf R.

Fuck br/o/s I can't handle these feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWdoTv3Hsbg

Thanks. What color? I'm leaning towards white or black. They did a nice job on the red though. I like the white with the red seats because it looks like the Gen 1 Type R.

There's only 2 reasons to get a Type R over a RS.
1. The interior is better, even though I've heard the material looks really worn in only a year that might be Ham Hands that doesn't know how to take care of his shit
2. You're a weeaboo
But seriously, have fun with your wrong wheel drive Hot Wheels looking ricer that's more expensive and less fun. Your bad purchasing decisions will only make my RS more valuable in 5 years by keeping supply lower.

why does a car with FF layout and only 300hp need all that shit. It will still get destroyed by stacy in her 500hp bmw/merc behemoth or cletus/chad in his camaro/stang corvette, heck even a 370Z around the corners and every stop light or freeway pull. Seems like a waste and not a lot of fun. Want fun get a miata still as slow but at least it handles better.

Good advice, but makes me sad. The RS is just soooo 'Ford' and 400lbs heavier than the Type R. The transmission on the Type R is supposed to be god-tier too.

But yeah the Civic looks pretty autistic. I wonder if you can get rid of the wing on the Type R?

You are not a race driver on a race track. You will never utilize more than 70% of the Civic's or 80% of the Golf's true potential. Both cars will be identical in everyday performance. Both cars are very quick.
However, they may differ in terms of interior quality, practicality, ergonomics and looks.
You will likely outgrow the Civic rather quickly once you realize that the Golf would have been superior in day-to-day use.

3. You dont want to replace your engine every 8,000 miles

Yeah these are all good points. I have some soul searching to do.

The Golf R looks much better with a front splitter added and some carbon fiber mirror caps and tint. You do that and it looks a lot less bland. The new wheels on the 2018 Golf R are a huge step up too.

Your RS is already worthless.
Enjoy your blown headgaskets and crumbling interior
>ford
>any year

>you are not a race driver on a race track

for a very small fee you can be
lapping days aren't expensive. normies spend more on the difference between a big name phone plan plus cable TV and prepaid and DSL.

Isn't it the wing that has the brake lights in it? Or was that only on the concept

We're not talking about the STI here. That's not an issue for any of the hatchbacks.

You're like the people that want to get steelies and a hood scoop delete on a WRX STI

It's a car. Nobody is judging you that hard for it. The most negative normie opinion is "what the hell is that".

Yeah Ford isn't even on the radar. I hate American cars.

>Enjoy your blown headgaskets
What are recalls?

Okay weeaboo. Can't wait till you Dagumi into a ditch.

Yeah it does. And all of the Honda engineers say all of the weird wings, vortex generators, vents, diffusers etc are functional and necessary for the handling. They were asked repeatedly if stuff could be removed and they were told no by Honda and other auto engineering types/experts.

The Japs do handling very well. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't lying. It was obviously an engineering-lead project without a decent designer as far as the eye could see.

Fair point thanks. Maybe that's what I needed to hear. People are just being so savage about how the car looks, but I want it.

You must be there guy who fights tooth and nail to defend the BRZ when the EBM or even a V6 Camaro is better in every quantifiable way.

The American cars have just such poor fucking quality...They fall apart, especially the interiors. That's what kills me...The insides of anything made by Ford/Chevy/FCA just start breaking and coming loose two years after you bought it. I've had two Mustangs and they were both dog shit. I can't do it again...After I got rid of my last one I swore off American cars.

Well, you're probably right, but who in his right mind would take a nice new car to the track, especially if it's your only car and you had to work hard for the money? I'd rather have some mechanical empathy...

until you get to the craigslist market and goodness = price

>same year:
>camaro: $15k
>BRZ: $9k bro!

My best bro has a 15 year old chevy K truck, branded GMC. Everything inside it is golden. However, the exterior paint didn't hold up so well.

Tracking does not destroy cars unless you have a horrible crash, and even then it's like, bumper damage maybe. Hope you don't roll.

>inb4 he patronizes track with solid barriers anywhere but one section of the main straight

>. People are just being so savage about how the car looks
Because it just looks like a mess. You could never feel proud walking towards it in a parking lot. You would never look over your shoulder once after you parked just to look at it. Every conversation you have will start with "well yeah it's ugly but"

BRZ is a decent platform, but it is priced wrong. It should be $24k new. It's not the greatest by any stretch.

Actually, you'd probably look over your shoulder to make sure no one sees you walking towards it.

>However, the exterior paint didn't hold up so well.

Do a Rustoleum paint job on it. I did that once and it turned out great. It just requires a garage and decent prep work. Or just spray it with that Rhino Liner shit lik e they do on a lot of Jeeps.

LOL. Brutal!

Looks are subjective OP. For what it's worth I think it looks fantastic and if I had the money, it's the only hot hatch I'd buy today.

Launch = golf r
Overall driving dynamic = civic type r
wew lad factor = ford rs

Don't listen to haters OP, the only person who should like how it looks is you.

> You're like the people that want
> to get steelies and a hood scoop
> delete on a WRX STI

sounds dank desu

I was also cross shopping these two. I went with the golf because I plan to have it 3 or 4 years and I feel like once I’m over the styling it will be annoying to me.

Also because it’s super easy to tune the golf r and make it dumb fast.

I'll wait a good few years before they depreciate through the arse before buying one.

After all i just bought a mint FN2 here in Australia with 35,000k's for 12k, they were 42k brand new

Honest opinion, front looks sweet, back looks so weird its nearly cool, rims also look a bit shit.

If they're not gonna charge out the ass for it unlike other Honda stealerships, I'd snag. homo schmomo, who cares if some poor person thinks your gay by getting something they want and can't afford

When you do get it, Please pay attention to your temp guage. whenever the thermostat cracked in my old car, what I did was throw it in neutral and turn off the engine while rolling, wait a little bit, turn back on while still rolling and go for another minute or two and repeat until I get home

I can't even imagine how mentally, physically, and culturally cucked you would have to be to get excited over some jap car.