Yuropoor first car

Help me get my mind straight. In my 20s and want a first car of my own, I want something tasteful for a beater that is also a driver's car. Love the mountain and twisty roads. It's THE car, a keeper, until I change my mind, meaning it has to provide good reliable service. It also needs to be small because Yurop.

I am not against maintenance or slight rice / performance parts, but I am against buying an unreliable piece of shit. Preferably early 2000s max, I'm looking for mechanical stuff, not electronic shit.

My options are:

>2002 WRX wagon. Maybe turbo, but not for memes. Low key fun 4WD, proper sized car. Downside is price and maintenance. Not many modifications. This car I would have to keep yes or yes for years.

>E30, would get in "good" 6/10 "working" condition. Would spend money upgrading it little by little. Problem is I want a GodMachine with rice and roll cage etc... pretty bad option for a daily driver. This car I would also have to keep for years.

>Peugeot 206. Cheaper, more money for rice. Would definately rice in a discreet performance manner. I worry about long distance driving. This car I can probably part ways with sooner.

>2012 Twingo I. Cheapest memebox. Would enjoy and beat the fuck out of it, also care and money to spare on other things. Would rice a little, cherish. Can dump / sell any time.

Any advice? So far the price order is WRX>E30>206>Twingo, however E30s are relatively common, meaning they're used to shit and may end up more expensive than the WRX.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLz2aYRD6sQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot to add

Celica is also an option

What's your budget OP?

Coupe Turbo i5

>Downside is price and maintenance.
What do you mean by maintenance? Do you intend on changing sparkplugs every 10k km? I don't get your point. Do you think the price of the parts is higher?

5-7k € tops for a good condition working car, rice is outside of the budget. All of these are in budget where I live.

Mostly parts and things I can't do on my own. Gas consumption is also a thing but not so worrysome.

I don't think there is anything that you can't do on your own, that you can do on the other cars.

Peugeot 206. Parts are everywhere in Europe, thus it's cheap to maintain, and the mileage is good. I don't know about your country but here people get ripped off in insurance if you are young and drive a powerful car.
And with your budget, you can get a car under 100k km very easily.

I have also considered a 300zx in pretty good condition, however I see it as more of a road cruiser, and I move around small roads and gravel somewhat. It's also quite low and not that small.

My idea or ricing any of these cars would be closer to a rally setup than a track setup, if that makes sense, meaning I'm looking for semi-outdoorish capable vehicles more than pure road cars.

I was thinking the 206 is a compromise between rice and cheapness, also well priced as well.

E36
best cheap price:performance car you can have in europe
similar to E30 but parts are more readily available at any junkyard
t. yuropean E30 325i owner
for 7k euros you may want to consider an e46 330ci
or a decent e46 328ci can be had for around 3k

1999-2005 Lexus IS200 (sedan or sportcross).
2 liter straight six (1G-FE engine w/ 155 hp), 6-speed manual, rear wheel drive.
Crazy reliable, plenty of aftermarket rice, great fun to drive.

6k can buy you some good piece of junk. Which part of Europe btw? That's an important factor too

The chassis LOVES turns. It's a great mountain-road kinda car.

>>> Europe

plenty is200's in europe.
parts and aftermarket is not ''plenty''' for them here though.

Maybe in England and shitholes like that.

I have a ls400 available in my budget in pretty good condition as well, might also look at it but the v8 is wallet murder in yurop.

I'm in Spain, plenty of BMWs. Will definately look into it ,thanks. e36s I can get for 2k average, so I can probably commit to making the car nicer.

Out of the cars you mentioned only the 206 is cheap to maintain due to the widespread availability of parts.
Maybe consider Golf or Polo GTIs as well as Corsa GSI and Astra OPC if you are looking for cheap small or compact cars with good parts availability.
Also, selecting a common car will guarantee that even your average village blacksmith will be able to fix it.

get at least a 323i or 325i or 328i if you can afford the insurance and taxes and shit
i think affording a 6cyl bmw is not so cheap over there?

I'd rather get a 525i or something.
E34 is super aestetic.
youtube.com/watch?v=eLz2aYRD6sQ

They were mostly sold in Europe. Only in Europe and Australia, I believe.

>"plenty of aftermarket RICE"
Regular parts for basic maintenance are cheap enough from Toyota. The engines/drivetrain are pretty much bulletproof so all you need to worry about are components exposed to the elements like brakes (slide pins etc etc), ball joints etc.

Have you thought about an e46, is 250?
nice,cheap rwd with nice balance.Most e30 that are from colder part of Europe are rotten, parts are scarce and expensive. Basically a huge hipster tax.
There are a lot of nice cars just don't fall for the memes.

I'm somewhat afraid of purchasing a second hand BMW. Parts are expensive and it doesnt run cheap. I like the E30 not just for the meme but for it being relatively small and simple.

W202 Kompressor manual for maximum fun, pretty smol too