>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Postchengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500

InfraArcana v19.x has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt

Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA [and more in the future])
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Other urls found in this thread:

te4.org/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tummy lol

A quality post in a quality general for a quality genre.

Roguelikes do not exist. This is all a dream.
Wake up.

Remember, if any of the following is true, you are playing a rogueLITE:
-no permadeath
-has graphics
-it's fun

Dreams are roguelites
-no permadeath
-graphics
-fun

I had a dream about roguelikes last night.

I had a dream about (you) last night.

Wow! So my sister is a roguelite!

Why is Tome4 the best roguelike?

dont necromancy youre sister

Because you have bad taste

>no permadeath
I have some bad news for you user.

>no immortal sister
Why even live forever?

I can't seem to get the 32bit builds (18.2) of IA or the builds I compile (master) from git to run. They just segfault and I have very little leads on why. I tried diagnosing it with strace and it seems to fail accessing a few files related to ALSA, but as ALSA works fine for every other program, I kind of feel it's not the main issue. And as far as I know, I have all dependencies met too.
Finally, I've had IA working on two other 32bit linux machines (currently on gentoo), so I know it can work, somehow.

I'll see if I can post some more info when I get back to my computer later. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

ok let me just install gentoo to test it out, shouldn't take long

best girl

is this the new tummy slash?

Boring

I don't understand... biskup makes a game for fun that influences thousands of people, and then puts it on hiatus for a while to focus on his career (you know, the aspect of his life that actually makes money). Then, after having spent enough time to become successful (I assume), he decides to revive the old free video game of a relatively tiny genre with the idea that he can make it more modern.
To do so, he hires a full development team that he pays out of the indiegogo and his own pocket (steam is a relatively recent venture), and begins to churn out content... eventually peaking with 1.2.0. We are due for another content update, that's true, but looking at the blogs it's seemingly just around the corner.
He does all of this, and yet you say he's not passionate? Why do you think he did it then?

Alright, that's the spirit. It'll should only take two hours tops if you're good.

Nice b8, I r8 it 6/10

>you say
Who?

I think Biskup is passionate, but also a bit of an autistic tool with an overinflated opinion of his own game. The kind of guy who'd leave a crash bug in character generation for eight years, and then offer to let people see the source code, in print, if they pay him a thousand bucks and sign a NDA.

>defending Biskup

I'm planning to try installing bionics for the first time in CDDA and I have a couple of power storage bionics and a few different bionics that I'd like to use. However I only have a internal furnace for power generation. Is it worth using or should I keep looking for another alternative? Sticking a fucking wood stove in my gut doesn't seem very safe/reliable.

>Sticking a fucking wood stove in my gut doesn't seem very safe/reliable.
It is stupidly good for instant power as long as you carry a bunch of planks in your backpack.
It can be a bit tedious, but it's the cheapest power bionic that isn't solar.

Ok that's nice. So there's no chance that I'll burst into flames while using it or anything?

Nah, it's all safe.
The worst thing that can happen is you accidentally eating your +++accurized Rivtech dildo launcher because you misclicked.

Neat. And the more I think about it, the more the idea of a cyborg with a wood stove for a belly grows on me.

Fuck these ungrateful nigger faggots. I wish I could stay at home all day, be a NEET and play roguelikes until my eyes bleed. Being a wagecuck is lame.

Also you can OD on painkillers while installing it.

Not if you play uncucked builds

shit genre for grognard autists that deserves to die
fuck all of you for tricking me into trying to have fun for 2 years

R E A L A U T I S M

Just git gud m8

>play Og
>shit race
>ragequit
>play Dr
>Find Og dream weapon

Reee

>for once doing well, getting close to the Minotaur.
This is the first time I ever accidentally zapped a unidentified summon creature wand and something good happened, usually it's a mouse or a hostile super mob.

>have a terrible old laptop
>get a better Mac for free
>suddenly can't play a good few roguelikes
>basically the only genre I regularly played
Self-cucked.

The good ones generally support macs

I'm not good with the computers but can't you install wine to circumvent that?

Ogres are good user, you get reasonably good casting apts, +30% hp, ruks and a 20 damage weapon for measly 18 skill.

>imblying

Probably, but I am exceptionally bad at computers.

The only people here who claim to be NEETs are living with their parents. They are either kids who are not old enough to move and 30 year olds who are too mentally challenged.

For a set of all roguelikes X, the following conditions are true:
Every x in set X: x is not good OR x has a mac version

Disprove this
SPOILERS: You can't

What roguelikes did you want to play? I'm sure most major ones can be compiled for OSX.

You are a massive faggot.

Disprove this.
You can't

Well he uses Mac so that's pretty obvious

all good roguelikes have linux versions
for anything with a linux version, it is easy as fuck to cross-compile for OSX

>tfw very sharp tail

I can disprove this.
I am not massive, thus I am not a massive faggot.

I can also disprove the faggot part separately:
I only fap to futa and traps, meaning I am 100% straight.

Stop putting weird things in your mouth

Are gods other than Lulwy good in elona+? A 150 speed boost right off the bat with nearly no drawbacks seems too strong.

Trog

But veganism is soooo hard!
Where do they get their proteins?

Vine Stalkers. They're as healthy and nutritious as they are rare.

mostly they go for 100% natural home-grown sources

>SPOILERS: Yes, but I can't be fucked

I'm not talking about devirginizing you, but about mathematical proof of existence of good roguelikes not available on macs.

>Who?
He's literally quoting reddit posts.

there were some unneccessary bits in your post, i've narrowed it down to be more efficient and elegant:

>For a set of all roguelikes X, the following condition is true:
>Every x in set X: x is not good

c/d antimagic should do extra damage to elementals/magical summons

>go antimagic
>can't wear any of the good gear
>get a shitty shield that you can't even keep up and doesn't help against spellcaster burst damage
>mana clash doesn't even do enough damage to justify boosting it
What's the point?

mana clash exists for rares/elites to fuck YOU over with, since you have like 10% as much mana as most high-level enemies

especially if you play a vim class so you can't even rest to regenerate back what you lost lmao

In C:DDA, .270 ammunition says that you can use it in some .30-06 guns.
In real life you can do that, but the bullet is much smaller and using it will
basically lead to a very low powered and extremely inaccurate projectile.

However it seems that there are no penalties like that in C:DDA and no native .270 guns for that matter, and it's just a different flavour for .30-06 ammo. Is this right? Are you meant to use them in .30-06 guns?

You are supposed to melt the bullets and forge a katana with the metal

power doesn't matter in elona, efficiency does

you can always grind for more power, but you can't grind for more playing time

Can you kill a zombie hulk and 3 regular zombies in a single round with a full auto katana?

If you are dual wielding katanas you can kill three hulks and two jabberwocks in a single turn

but can you tip your fedora head armor afterwards?

because the classes are fun and the lore is immersive

How do you even dualwield

Unlocking Fungus after defeating Tempest Peak

Though I agree that mana clash is a flavor fail

Yeah but Fungus is pretty shit since you still get 1shotted and you aren't really going to do tempest peak before the hardest parts of the game (daikara and old forest). Fuck AM.

Does anyone have a link to Dragonball T?

Old forest is easy tho. Daikara is a decent challange, but they dont hold a candle to Dark Crypt and Temporal Rift

>old forest is easy
The ultimate shitter filter. Play the difficulty the game is designed around sweetie :)

normal adventure?

How would you describe the forest as difficult?

Daikara bursts you long range with lightning and knocks you around with stones, so that makes sense

Sandwyrm lair is harder than the forest, desu

swarms have 200% global speed

?
Literally nothing in Tome 4 will one shot you

hello i was playing a yeek archmage on normal adventure and i got one-turn-killed through part of a damage shield several times by various melee elites/rares
multiple lives though lmao

i havent played since i beat dredfell on that character, maybe i should continue it

first of all
>yeek
secondly
did you look at damage logs because you can get stunned or otherwise disabled, then hit multiple times in "one turn"
Thats how you usually die

i did look at damage logs
i think one of them was some kinda reaver guy in the waifu crypt
i also recall fighting an archer elite with the sniper tree and getting hit with a smokebomb for ~90% of my maxhp, but i had disruption shield up so i actually took 0 damage

you get one shotted if you don't take precautions

see this guy
>yeek

Is there a reason pcb mimic defaults to max points in chr?

*pulls out the red D*

looks like you dropped your D buddy. is this it?

is chr their casting stat?
because that's probably why

What's his endgame?

He hasn't started working on it yet.

t. never been flurried by an arcane blade

midge swarms are a joke tho. Half the time I cant even see them without hitting Look and they still dont mater

non-elite enemies are all nonthreatening chaff, yes
but higher difficulties can lead to elite midge swarms blowing you up with corruptor or archer spells or some shit

>midge swarms are a joke tho
Anything can be a randboss, user.

now I've got to try TOME because you fagits spam it here all the time. fu

I tried tangledeep and it's really bad

Remember to pirate it desu

te4.org/download
free game

the dlc is not free
nor donator only stuff
gotta pirate it
also you can unlock everything with just copy pasting shit into a text file

>free game
>DG obnoxiously jewing you every 10 minutes to buy it

the dlc is worth the pirate tho.

I just encountered my first ever Lua error in tome.
Somehow my 30th level possessor, taking the form of a purple slime steambutcher, while dueling the grand corrupter in the mark of the spellblaze, decided to strike my foe an infinite number of times the turn after they both escaped the fearscape.