Could have made it more Supraish.

>flyby wire everything
>engine isnt even from toyota
yeah op sounds epic!!!!!!

That already looks so much better

new 1m

why do i feel nothing

that just looks like a weird BRZ-Mk IV mesh

Wait, Toyota is skipping out on the engine as well? So it's basically a BMW with Toyota badges? Fucking pass

And why would that be a bad thing?

Yeah, I believe the top-of-the-range (so far) is a 3L straight six turbo from BMW making some 340 hp.

Z5 with a hardtop.

i wish the new z4 had a coupe version

Because its painted like in some arcade game developed in early 00s

Wait till they drop some bomb ass colours on it

Yeah weird how they would do that considering Toyota has never done that exact same thing before on any other car ever

idk where you live but plenty of toyota diesels sold in yuropistan have bmw diesel engines.

If you don't like it now you won't like later. This concept is the best it will ever look. The production model will be there same minus all the cool aero it'll just be some lame deep red

Subaru is one thing you dumb faggot, putting a BMW engine with lolbmwreliability is another

Kill yourself badge whore

retards

>badge whore
Explain, that was a shitty comeback

Toyota has been using BMW diesel engines for a while.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_WW_engine

do you honestly believe subarus are more reliable than BMWs? LMFAO clueless weeb

Literally A N Y THING is more reliable than a BMW, a fucking Alfa is more reliable than a fucking BMW

is this what weebs actually believe?
do you even have a drivers license?

Hell yeah
I'll have a full time job by the time this comes out and I'll lease the shit out of this thing

Kys you'reself bmwnigger

>itt: buttblasted corolla owners can't accept that BMW builds better engines than Japan

daddy

I wish they kept the nose more FT-1ish.

No, this is what people with actual experience dealing with BMWs think, if anyone is badgewhoring here it's your pathetic ass

Kys stupid manlet
90s japanese shitboxes will never be made again

You don't know shit about cars or engines but you're a weeaboo who thinks muh Japanese shit is superior just because it's Japanese even though BMW is way more reliable than Subaru ever was or will be

And? What part of that means current and future models have to be ugly?

Jesus Christ, you're a filthy been badgefag, I've been working on cars longer than you and know the truth, the only thing you know about working on cars is driving that piece of shit you own to the dealer so Mommy and daddy can pay for it

I dare you to find a single dependability study where Subaru is above BMW. People hate working on German cars because they're over engineered and expensive but not because they're unreliable

Is this particular Supra made for a class of racing, or is it just a generic race car

You have no actual experience with actual cars let alone German luxury cars.

my subaru doesn't have a plastic electric water pump or an oil cooled alternator

Your subaru engine however grenades itself under high G's.
Kys weeb.

Not with a baffled oil pan, and that problem isn't exclusive to subaru

none of that shit happens on German cars though.
Plus the last BMW with a plastic water pump was built 18 years ago and no BMW ever has had an oil cooled alternator.
Sick to your jay dee em meme mobiles

>says the 19 year old screaming fanboy upset his favorite POS brand is garbage

>oil pump nut backs out
Pick your poison, I prefer mine being cheaper and easier to work on.

>grenades itself
Nice memes faggot this doesn't exist on the wrx sti only the wrx and even then it's a non issue

I misremembered, the e65 is notorious for the alternator bracket leaking oil because for god knows why they piped oil through it.

You don't track your car ever so it's a non issue that no one gives a fuck about.

>it's garbage because i have 0 experience with them but i read on the internet that its bad
HAHA end yourself weeb
>it's just a meme i swear!
youtube.com/watch?v=CFoOgdMqUoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EFzH1W2EiZg

>this only comes about because some kiddies modes their shit and do anything important to race it
>surprised when your car that isn't made for a race track doesn't fair well
>Oh yea I just Google exactly what I'm looking for because I'm a bench racer who gives a fuck about laptimes and shit that doesn't matter

Keep saying and repeating your bullshit kid, doesn't change the fact BMW is a shit brand worshipped by shitheads

I can beat on a fully stock BMW, drift and track it without having to worry about blowing anything up because BMW actually knows hot to build solid cars.
Your weeb ass is living in denial if you think subarus are reliable and that engine failures at high g's is a non-issue.
So it all came down to ''bmw owners are jerks therefore they are bad cars!'', same shit as always lmfao.

No, now you're strawmanning, as usual
BMWs are shit cars because they cheap out on critical systems like the cooling system, and the lubrication system
Not even American cars do stupid shit like that, and so sorry you're so assblasted that Japanese cars are more reliable than your favorite brand, but it's true and has been proven through multiple publications on a yearly basis
If you want to be a fanboy of a German brand, at least be a fanboy of Porsche, they're not a joke like BMW

But as disputed earlier the last BMWs with cheap plastic cooling systems were built in the late 90's-early 00's.
If you had ANY car knowledge you would know that BMW straight six engines are historically bulletproof and that the more recent turbo i6's are modern dyno queens that are pushing up to 1000hp on stock internals reliably.
Why are you implying Porsches are more reliable than BMWs?
Why bring up Porsche in a Supra discussion anyway? The new supra isn't a rebadged 911 but a Z4.
I don't deny that Toyota is more reliable but if you want to talk reliable cars don't bring up Subaru shitheaps.

Talking about Porsche because you're such a good amount fanboy for a company that doesn't deserve it, Porsche deserves it, and this is a massive step back because you know who else made Dyno queen straight six engines in the 90s/00s? That's right, TOYOTA, and they don't explode like an M20/50 does when the boost is turned up
Toyota working with BMW was a fucking mistake from the get go, and this is bad because it will be a limited run that no one will buy and Toyota will use this as an excuse to stop making sports cars which is a fucking shame because, while not the fastest, they we're affordable, reliable, and a hell of a lot of fun
Partnering with BMW is the industry equivalent of double tapping yourself with two to the back of the head

Is this racing in GTLM or GT3 or is it a super GT only car? wouldn't mind seeing it go against the NSX.

Why should I fanboy for cars that are priced at over $100k for the base models?
Why not be a Mclaren and Ferrari fanboy at that point?
The point is BMW still builds good daily drivable sports cars with very potent engines at an affordable price point.
I'm not talking about 90's engines but modern turbo 6cyls such as the N54 which is often called the modern 2JZ.
Japan is incapable of building good sports car chassis these days hence Toyota had to partner with BMW.

>one engine
>in it's entire history
So that the reason to be such a fanboy? Porsche has put out nothing but great turbo engines SINCE THE 70s, yes they have a higher price point, but so does the M4 and that's a turd compared to a 911
>Japan is incapable of building good sports car chassis
>What's the GT86
>What's the MX-5
>what's the 350/370Z
>What's the RX-8, chassis not engine
>what's the MR2
Again, take off the rose tinted glasses you dumb fuck

All of the chassis except MX5 and GT86 are old and outdated.
I said ''modern'' chassis
If you really think the N54 is the only good engine that BMW has produced since the 70's you truly are clueless and in that case I understand where you're coming from.
I'll post some noteworthy engines BMW has built since the 90's for you:
S14
S38
S50
S54
S62
S65
S70
S85
N54/N55
S55
And those are the only the engines, there is a even longer list of noteworthy chassis.

None of those engines compare to the JZ series, nor even the 7M-GTEs, and the chassis are the only good thing BMW can build, except on the rear where they like to rot, even on the M cars, typical BMW bullshit

They don't compare to the JZ series because you say so?
Dude pull your head out of your ass 2JZ is the only noteworthy engine Toyota has ever produced and it is not where near as advanced as a S50 or S54.

Oh and the 1LR-GUE V10 is a good engine too I guess.
Still no where near as good as the BMW S70.

You are completely fucking retarded
>2JZ is only noteworthy engine
Right, cause the 1JZ was shit? The 7M-GTE only needs a re-torque on the head and it's capable of 600whp, the 3S series motors we're amazing and BMW didn't have anything to counter it, also the RB series from Nissan literally shit on Beemer engines as well, I can keep going if you like?

The only good thing a BMW is good for is the chassis, and even that needs to be inspected to make sure it's not pulling itself apart
Then you can put an actual good engine like a JZ/RB in the chassis and make it the car they only wish they could have made

*blocks your path*

RB26 and 2JZ is a joke compared to the S54.
S54 does 360hp naturally aspirated while the 2JZ pushed up to 320hp with 2 turbos.
BMW has always been 2 leagues ahead Japan in terms of engines and chassis.

>S54
>BMW finally joins the 100hp/liter club
>in 2004
Toyota had been doing that for over 10 years before BMW with the ANCIENT 4A series, and yet BMW is "2 leagues" ahead of Japan? What are you smoking?
>RB/JZ is a joke compared to the S54
Considering both the RB26 and the 2JZ are capable of 1000whp on stock internals and the S54 VANOS is known to shit itself, let alone incapable of producing similar power numbers on a stock block, I'm calling complete and utter bullshit

BMW “joined” the 100hp/l club in 1992 with the S70.
Then again Toyota has nothing that could meet modern standards and still be capable of 1000hp on stock internals but BMW does, hence the new Supra is BMW powered.

If you're tired argument is that Toyota can't do it, then you're retarded and there's no helping you
Toyota is more than capable of making an N54 destroyer, problem is they're more worried about being the top producers of passenger vehicles in the world than to go back to their racing heritage which is why they partnered with Subaru for the GT86, and even then Toyota thought they made a mistake letting Subaru control and design the powerplants, them just handing over the whole project to BMW is representative of just how big of a bureaucracy Toyota has turned into that they can't be bothered with making their own sports car, which is a fucking shame, but to sit here and say BMW is the better car company is completely retarded because if Toyota got their balls back and said fuck their partners, they would create another legend like the LFA

Bimmer engines are reliable, it’s the rest of the car that breaks. Seeing as The rest of the car is Toyota, it should be fine

It's not, it's literally a Z4 with a body kit
>BMW engines are reliable
Lol no

can someone please edit this with a castrol livery

How does it matter if they could or could not?
Fact remains they haven't developed a good engine for many years.
BMW can afford to build sports car chassis yet Toyota can't despite having more money?
Obviously building good engines and chassis is not so easy - see Lexus F models, the RC-F is priced to compete with the M4 yet it's hardly on par with a 440i in terms of handling and performance.
Developing a whole new i6 for the Supra wouldn't be so easy as it would take years of research and development.
Toyota didn't develop the LFA without the help of Yamaha too.
Toyota didn't develop the 2JZ without the help from Germans too.

Fixed permanently with a $2 piece of safety wire

M/S5x can handle just as much or more boost as the 2JZ pham

Still requires either pulling the engine or taking the motor mounts off and jacking it up because you can't get the oil pan off with the engine in the car.

S50 and S54 >>> JZ

>Toyota didn't develop the 2JZ without help from the Germans
lmao wrong, if you're going to have a debate about why x is shittier than y at least get your facts straight
The JZ series was developed with Yamaha's help on the design of the cylinder head, just like every other performance engine they sold from the 80s through the 00s, the Germans had fuck all to do with Toyota's success
The LFA was literally Toyota F1 team's engine, Yamaha had nothing to do with that engine

As far as the RC-F not competing well, you're right because they let their California studio design the fucking thing instead of either their European division or they're Japanese division make it, and the entire lineup is Grand Touring cars, not sports cars and yes there is a difference
Toyota wants to dominate the market now, not make niche cars for a specific segment which is probably why they can't be bothered making a proper sports car anymore, they know they don't have as much market share and unfortunately that's all they care about anymore
Not on stock internals or without VANOSS shitting itself
Read above

Do the latter, and even factoring in the extra hour it will take you it's a lot cheaper than a baffled oil pan

>''Development of the 2JZ-GTE was outsourced to German engineering firm, Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH, for refinement to meet production car homogolation requirements set forth by the former All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship.''
2JZ can't handle more power either with its failure-prone timing belt tensioner bracket
oil pump seal blowing out
crank pulley coming apart
poor-flowing cylinder head
failure-prone sequential turbo system

>Sent to Germany for refinements to homologation
>implying this means they helped develop the engine while it was in blueprint phases
Nope
Also
>making shit up to prove a point
Come the fuck on already with this bullshit Beemer worship

>he actually thinks those are non existant issues
>he actually thinks the 2jz is flawless
There is a reason more people swap BMW engines in jap cars than the other way around here

And where the fuck is here? Bizarro world? You're whole post is a lie because more people are swapping Japanese engines in BMWs because the stock motors are garbage and require more investment in them to make the same power a RB/JZ series makes
There are plenty of kits that mate a ZF gearbox to a JZ engine than a BMW engine to an Aisin/Getrag box

Pic related

Here where German cars are more common and 2JZ isn’t always the best way for big power outputs.
People don’t buy in the jdm meme here, it’s always either BMW or LS.

So Germany then, right? I'm assuming you're a turk then because even actual Germans know BMW is the inferior brand to Porsche and Mercedes Benz, and if the JZ is best for big power why are Russians constantly using them? Why are Americans/Aussies/Kiwis constantly using them over BMW motors? Oh, that's right, because they're not unreliable shit that costs a fortune to get them at the same level as a JZ/RB engine

>it's a concept car

Lol no i’m from Norway, S38 is nicknamed the 2JZ of Scandinavia here, literally all BMW straight 6’s are better choice than 2JZ because they can output the same power just as reliably but they cost much, much less and parts are readily available.
2JZ meme is dying in America too because more and more 2jz’s are blowing up making them more expensive weekly.

Also nobody swaps Porsche or Benz engines into anything how are they “””superior”””? Lmao.

Then it's a difference in the markets, here in the states only purists stick with BMW engines in projects, and they end up paying more because the parts to make a BMW engine as reliable/capable as a JZ engine are more expensive than the JZ swap kits and the engines with fuel system/turbo upgrades
The JZs live longer than the chassis they came in, so they'll definitely outlive a BMW chassis
>2JZ meme is dying in America
Lol, you better sauce that because that's not true
>blowing up
Only if they use a shitty tune or do some bullshit hackjob when installing a piggyback ecu in their backyard, all professionally tuned JZs don't blow like a BMW engine
No one swaps Porsche engines? There's a lot of T-3s and older VWs that say different
>no one swaps MB engines
You got me there, but that doesn't make MB the superior brand to BMW, the entire package is what makes MB superior to BMW

Is no one going to talk about the new car?

NO, ITS A BMW WITH TOYOTA BADGES
SHAMFURR DISPRAY

No it fucking doesn't, it looks derivative as hell like a FR-S fucked a 370Z and had a fat baby.

Hell if it's just a BMW engine with D4S tech (port + direct injection for NO MORE CLOGGED INTAKE VALVES) then it'll still be fucking epic.

>>The LC-F will just be some lame ass car once it finally comes out

Toyota has done it once and I'm starting to believe that they might continue down this path of bringing concept cars (almost) directly to market. They're only going to get better at it and then the rest of the industry is going to follow suit... again.

My buddies from socal are buying more 335i’s and 135i’s than ever due to increasing popularity of the N54 there are more 800-1000hp builds than ever and a 335i can be had for half the price of a turbo mk4 supra.
Go to classifieds and look up 2JZ pricing they are becoming meme engines at this point.
>he uses old porsche engines in old VW vans to back his argument
are you trolling me?
Benz doesn’t build sporty cars like bmw and they all have shit tier reliabiliy the only reason to get a benz is if you’re a badgewhore who buys into the “best or nothing” bullshit.
Literally everything BMW offers is better than Benz counterpart with the only difference being the S class, it is the best in its category.

looks like a sex doll desu

Do you not know what it's supposed to be taking design cues from?

I honestly wish they were not the only ones doing this, because their concept cars are fugly to begin with.