Wagons

>ywn live in a timeline where this type of car became popular instead of crossovers.
based porsche, save us.

I don't see how that's a wagon and not a crossover. That's not what wagons look like.

Buicks new Regal Tourx is an example of a good, handsome modern wagon. I like that Porsche a lot but it doesn't look like a wagon.

And what type is that, very bulgy hatchbacks that have the same troubles fitting into parking spots as crossovers do but with even worse visibility?

Crossovers look exactly like that though...

It's weird, crossovers are slowly mutating into wagons/hatchbacks

To me the difference between a cuckover and a wagon is the height of the roof-line. You can tell that a wagon is a car, and that a crossover is an obese hatchback.

>bitches about crossovers
>posts crossover

>Buicks new Regal Tourx is an example of a good, handsome modern wagon
That's not a genuine wagon either.

h point is lower
it's basically a porsche outback

Not a wagon either, fwd econobox
This is a real wagon

both on 20s

Would be a neat performance hatchback if it didn't look like it would be 1.95m wide. CARS ARE TOO FUCKING WIDE NOWADAYS.

The point of the wagon is to have that space above where the top of the trunk would be on an equivalent sedan. Look at the upper part of the rear end on that thing. The rear window sits at like a 45 degree angle starting above the rear wheel. At least half of the extra storage space from an actual wagon isn't there.

Why isn't it a wagon?

If you go by the "rear must be flat and upright like an old Volvo" definition, then no modern wagon is a wagon.

I don't think Buick is sold in Australia

at least post a proper porsche wagon, donkey

But station wagons were all the rage just before crossovers came along.

It's just another fad like skinny jeans or choosing to be a homosexual

the crossover has been around for a while, since the late 40s actually with the Jeepster. the Niva, the Eagle, and more recently the Rav4.

Don't equal capable offroaders to urban shitboxes.

I wouldn't call something designed to be AWD a crossover. I'd say that's a true SUV. It doesn't necessarily have to be body on frame to be an SUV, this is modern times and BOF is on it's way out for anything that isn't going to be hauling serious weight.

A crossover is basically an everyday driving car that's been fluffed up to look like an SUV, but it actually has shit capability off-road. Talking low ground clearance, no simple lift kits, and fucking 2WD (maybe an AWD option is available but it's not the main production model). Essentially these are minivans with a slightly different shape and bigger wheels, so soccer moms can feel badass.

Most wagons being made these days are basically crossovers with lower roofs actually. They don't have that boxy, utilitarian look nor much utilitarian function such as AWD or decent ground clearance.

we need to go wider.

>capable

the two most capable vehicles sold right now are polar opposites. one has two solid axles, a true transfer case, an available manual, and locking diffs. the other has independent suspension at all corners and an 'intelligent' power delivery system with adjustable suspension. anything can be 'capable', all depends on what sort of tech is between the wheels.

a crossover is something that takes the chassis of a car and fits it with the body of an SUV

SUVs often have beefier frame or just use a truck frame. Crossovers usually have the literal skeleton of a midsized or compact sedan.

that's exactly what i said

>based porsche, save us.
>posts a crossover

I never understood why Veeky Forums has such a hard on for wagons but hates crossovers so much.

They have more ground clearance, get the most AWD tech, and aren’t horribly assy to park. Wagons are equally ugly too.I don’t care about some fucking roofline.

If anything, you guys should be hating wagons when you hate on crossovers. Not enjoying a worse version of crossovers.

>Crossovers usually have the literal skeleton of a midsized or compact sedan.
No issues with that. The midsize "SUV" of today is yesterday's fucking massive boatmobile. At least with what you call a "crossover" it's an actual midsize vehicle that can fit on off-road paths. I wouldn't call one of those massive Ford or Chevy monstrosities an SUV because it doesn't actually have much sport utility. It's a truck with enclosed cargo space that can't fit on paths, and trucks are designed for hauling not "sport utility". It's for driving your kids to school and hauling your camper to designated camping areas with grated roads leading up to them. Something like a RAV4 can actually get you a decent ways off the grated road, much more than say a Chevy suburban. Yet one is defined as "crossover" and one as "SUV". Mind you, the most popular "wagon" (Outback) is called a crossover.

Define them based off capability and use-case, not what dumb automaker shills define them as.

i hate wagons
but wagons are butchered normal cars made more appealing to soyboys

cuckovers and suvs are shitty overweight pieces of shit that do everything about as well as a 3k civic except weight 5 times as much and are driven and bought exclusively by retards who dont care about cars.
Wagon owners at least care about cars.

This is probably the dumbest post ITT. You can even make a salient point.

You just make mad assumptions about people buyin crossovers and state that wagon drivers “”””care about cars””””

This guy gets it. My mom is out there tracking her outback right now, because she actually cares about driving. I don’t see any crossover owners out there doing that.

They look cooler and are typically slimmer and more efficient. Capability is probably about the same, if not worse since most SUV/crossovers are more truckish.

For example I'm deciding between a VW alltrack and a Subaru outback for my new car. The VW is a true wagon, very sporty, small, and fucking fast. The outback is more of an SUV, it's larger (more cargo), has higher ground clearance and can accept larger wheels, and can actually haul light trailers. It's also fucking slow, but that's because of the goddamn CVT.

Neither is better than the other, it just depends what you want your vehicle to do.

>ground clearance
irrelevant, i go offroading in a corolla
>AWD
haldex lol
>assy to park
stop being a woman

I used to park box trucks in cities. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy things that are easy to park

>Haldex
What’s wrong with that? All you can muster is a lol?

>corolla
Irrelevant. Wagons still have less clearance than crossovers.

>Wagons still have less clearance than crossovers.
Here's a crossover compared to a fucking minivan.

You’re an idiot if you think the outback is slow because of the CVT. I can understand not liking CVTs, but you’re retarded in claiming that it makes the car slow. Try driving one with the 3.6r that actually pairs well with the car’s mass.

Not even trying to defend the outback. But that was just dumb.

>Renault
impressive cherry picking.

>VW alltrack clearance
5.5 in
>Ford Escape
7.9 in
>Volvo V60 cross country
7.9 in
>Subaru outback
8.7 in

The Volvo had to come out with a special package just to match the clearance of a compact crossover.

Secret extra bonus track
>Buick regal tourx
5.9 in

>>Renault

Wouldn't a lifted Panamera be considered a crossover and isn't that what this is?

>5.9 inches

no crossovers have a higher seating position regardless of ride height

Come to yurop

Wagons everywhere

That porsche is not a wagon

>offroading in a corolla
You go on a grated dirt road. That's still a road idiot. If you actually left the path you'd tear your oil pan off real quick, if you didn't get stuck first.

it's a wagon/crossover crossover.

Think about it.

>Buy the 6 cyl cuckback
>Slower and 2mpg less than a 4 cyl RAV4

Fanboy pls

Holy shit... They're not bringing back the wagon, they're DESTROYING it! We must stop them!

WAGONS ARE SQUARE. SQUAAAAARE!!!!

>Rav 4 0-60
>8.4 sec
>outback
>7.1 sec
Just because you’re retarded doesn’t mean you need to lie too.

>RAV4

Or wait for the FTAC which is pretty much confirmed. Bottom pic is the concept version so the final product likely won't look that crazy.

>small diesels that sound like shit and make no power with shit tons of turbo lag
No spank you

Don’t care unless there’s a 6 cyl or a turbo 2L. The world doesn’t need yet another 176 hp crossover.

Also the new V90 CC has a 8.3 in ground clearance and is much better looking than any crossover.

Not really. That outstretched ass looks hideous. Comparing it to another Volvo like the XC90 isn’t a fair comparison.

BASED VOLVO

Why not?
Even when the new V60 is shorter and has more vertical tail I like the V90 better.

>hurr niva and eagle are crossovers so other crossovers are good too

That's a crossover.

I've noticed that as well, maybe the invisible hand of the free market is actually going to work in our favour for once and slowly eliminate the crossover.

Yeah. They’re totally gonna stop making crossovers because cashless benchracers aren’t buying any new cars.

Fuel economy regulations are getting more strict, so slimming down of vehicles is going to come inevitably. The wagon shares the same fuel economy as the sedan, whereas the crossover has a bit less. It's going to happen, but unfortunately they're not going to be the wagons we love. They're going to be rounded out abominations.