/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #899 - Ded Rat Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXQRmRLjEnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not MANIA IS OUT Edition

You fucked up, user

Thanks for beta testing PCucks, enjoy your malware

What would have happened if it was Sonic/Rabbids crossover? hmm I wonder...

I would've done that, but I'm pretty sure we've already had that edition I also don't have the Mania logo on me right now

>Steam reviews are saying that the game crashes on settings screen
>copy protection malware
>no mods anytime soon
>no DLC at all
Should I actually buy it, or should I wait for the torrents?

I'm sad that denuvo rules out a Sonic Mania & Bump mod for now :(

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!

You're slow AND wrong.

Very slow rat

>people whining about Denuvo
>people claiming the game is running poorly

>start up game on my somewhat low-end laptop
>stable 60fps with no apparent issues yet

Ok.

Good fucking god why the hell is their frame lag and inherent input lag on the PC version when not even the Switch had these problems?

Why the fuck are invisible hitboxes and walls still killing me?

Why the fuck can't the PC version go higher than native 1080? It's a fucking pixel game it doesn't require much effort for it to upscale.

Why can't it support X-input?

Fuck the DRM right now, this game is a fucking mess without Denuvo. How the fuck was the delay justified literally nothing changed at all and there are actually more glitches in the PC version.

I'm actually fucking mad right now.

Amy is cute!!!

>"Delayed for optimisation"
>Add Denuvo
Mememan strikes again.

Though I haven't had any problems with it yet.

............. very cute rat....!!!!!!!

Looks like you Sonicbabs made another bad game haha lol

Why doesn't his hat have an 'M'?
What retard drew this?

Would it work in the 3D games to have Knuckles' glide use ring energy?

Maybe even for Tails' flight?

no. if you're going to do that then you might as well put that kind of limit on the spindash as well

Why would you want or need this?

Yes to both because in a 3D environment they have a massive potential for abuse.

get down from there

used to do that as Tails when i was kid with sonic 3

Translation user here

I filled some requests, but posted them near the end of the last thread, so I'll repost some incase the requesters haven't seen them.
In the mean time, if you guys have any requests, feel free to drop them in and I'll see if I can take a shot at it.

To prevent abuse.

how do i drop dash?

Jump, then while in mid-air hold down the jump button again

Same.
Us right now.

This please?

he is seething you know he is.

Or you can design the levels so "abuse" isn't a problem. As much as I hate to admit it, SA/SA2 did a good job of designing levels around the character's abilities. You needed Tails' flight and air shortcuts to outpace Sonic in SA, and he still had a limited amount of flight time. Meanwhile Knuckles had vertical platforming and lots of open space above bottomless pits, which made gliding necessary (or at least helpful).

Can they share stages with Sonic or is that too much abuse?

WHAT WAS WITH THAT HEDGEHOG THAT LOOKED LIKE MY TWIN?

I'm having a bawl with these blue sphere stages. The new color combinations are really pretty.

I also touched up my original translation on this one which is more accurate and more true to the original.
1/2

Yeah sure! Just having dinner right now so I'll take a stab at it afterwards.

Seeing as they shared stages with Sonic in SA but still managed to work, "abuse" isn't really a problem. Besides, what's there to "abuse" anyway? It's not a strictly competitive game.

Then your solution is to either drastically limit what you can do with stage design, or make completely separate stages per character which drastically limits how many stages per character you can make (like SA2). If you want a good amount of stages per character, the best way to go about it is to put those special moves on a meter like boost.

2/2

Uhh well...maybe keeping them from getting OOB too easily?

CAN YOU IMAGINE
IF WE HAD TO PUT
DRM IN DNA?

this one's new

I think it's time to accept that Mania is a flop. It was a good love letter to classic fans, that is certainly true, but this current century has no place for this type of Sonic game. Forces is 99% likely to be Classic Sonic's last appearance.

see oh no. some idiot flew to his death. the game is surely broken

I don't even like the game but I know you're talking bullshit.

Don't start this garbage

Post your control schemes.

There's no need for a meter. Their abilities have always been limited in one way or another. Tails' flight has always been limited (except for SA2's Chao gardens) by time, and he drops quickly once he's run out. Meanwhile Knuckles' glide is affected by gravity and he's still somewhat slow.

damn, even my favorite futanari jap artist is streaming Sonic Mania now.

I never played sonic CD, what the fuck is a peelout?

Oh god. He's livid about this whole scandal.

>can't play mania unless you're connected to the internet
I knew there was going to be something sour about this.

It's the spin dash, but without the spinning.

Are there Chaos Emeralds to get in Green Hill? I didn't find any big rings.

That's kinda gay.

I mean I'll get over it but goddammit.

Do you not realize that Sonic is the only one in SA1 with real levels?

Look harder.

who is it?

What do you mean by "real" levels?

These?

Sorry! I only know Japanese.
Would like to be able to know what's going on in this though.

ubanis

>Mania mods
Do you really think Whitehead will send you his Retro Engineā„¢ in a cutesy box?

translator user is a weaboo not a koreaboo

I require birds. A replay of Zero Gravity years later reminded me of how much I loved it.

>customer service
How do I access it?

Oh, nevermind then

I was thinking it was either him, or mikoyan

Taxman failed the community.

More like SEGA lied to us all about the reasons behind the delay.

As in everyone but Sonic goes through a very small segment of Sonic's level or has a completely different set of gameplay that makes the actual level irrelevant. Knuckles and Big only have tiny cramped areas so they can emerald hunt and fish, Amy and Gamma go through smaller segments of the real level because they're slower than Sonic, and most of Tails' stages just has him flying through hoops instead of doing actual platforming. The only exception is Hot Shelter because it's the only non-Sonic stage. Imagine if all of those characters played through Sonic's version of the level (aka the main version): everything would be unbalanced in favor of Tails and Knuckles because of how much of the level they can skip.

Rooks rike in the end, I had the rast raffu.

youtube.com/watch?v=zXQRmRLjEnU

>starts with Tyson Hesse dicksucking
Opinion discarded.

OK, so what about S3&K or the Sonic Advance games? You could go through all the zones in full with them and they weren't "unbalanced". If anything, flight and gliding actually slow things down, especially if precision is involved. Both of them move at relatively fixed speeds in the 2D games, while everything else has momentum on its side.

Yes and in fact i have cause to think he planned mania to be not ONLY modable but easily accessible to newbies in game design a hidden "Mario Maker" with in Mania. SO that Others can enjoy the joy of creation just as he got to experience.

I don't see Denuvo anywhere in my EULA. If it's in the game, SEGA just fucked up and opened themselves to a class action suit.

that's a problem with 3D level design that's already been fixed in the 2D games. just add walls or enclosed areas. I'm sure you could break loads of the classic levels if you had S3 Tails as a playable character

It ain't Taxman's fault it's fucking SEGA being dicks as usual.

Denuvo was a mistake

t. refunded the steam version when the delay was announced and bought the PS4 version instead

Yes, but you also have to consider that some of the sections in Sonic's levels were made with other characters in mind. The end of Speed Highway, for instance, is clearly made for Knuckles despite the fact that it's at the end of Sonic's level.

>spend the whole week watching sonic mania videos because hyped as fuck
>denuvo
fuck sega

I specifically said 3D. I know it works in 2D but 3D requires a shit-ton more variables, and at the end of the day it's simply easier to put abilities like that on a meter rather than gimp the level design.

Please do it, I want 2D Sonic meme to die for good

Not really because those sections are tiny and irrelevant when playing as Sonic.

because they are installing basically a virus now,
because there is no permission granted by the user for install.

This by technicality makes it a virus
as its a outside program installed that messes with functions of users computer and being controlled by an outside force that the user has no knowledge of.

literal definition of malware
We can sue.

>/sthg/ sues SEGA
>Wins lawsuit
Then what? Will we own the Sonic?

where did you find this?

Oh Rouge. You're no gem.

We lived long enough to see ourselves become the Penders