Why do Crosstreks look so fucking cool?!

Why do Crosstreks look so fucking cool?!

Yet they're cucked with a very disappointing CVT. When will shitbaru make a WRX version or when will someone copy the design but with a better engine/tranny? Is there anything I can do to make this piece of shit go fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/ford-police-cruiser-carbon-monoxide-leaking/
google.com/search?ei=MOyeWtzlD6LV0gK-ipbIAg&q=ford carbon monoxide leaks&oq=ford carbon monoxide leaks
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgyGTQX2nM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They have a 5 speed manual you fucking retard

Get it with the 3.0 boxer 6. Got a sub 7 second 0-60. Really all the faster you need in a grocery getter marketed towards females.

They only have a 2.0 you fucking retard

I’d get one if they put a turbo on the 2.0 and mated it to a traditional torque converter automatic. Still, the 8.7 inches of ground clearance seems pretty good.

I’d still rather go for the Ford Escape.

>cool
They look like the melted blob of the impreza they are with ugly body cladding to boot.
OG USDM GC Subarus at least had the decency be plain.

They call it the Ford Escape because you can't escape the repair bills, or the carbon monoxide it leaks into the cabin.

Get a RAV4, slightly bigger than the crosscuck and has good power.

Whatever, just buy a fucking outback little bitch. Practically the same thing any way

The only bulky cladding on it is the bumper cover which I'd tear off and put a rear skid plate on.

I want a fucking serious rally car. The Crosstrek has the body shape and ground clearance I need, but that fucking engine...

I'm holding onto my 03 WRX Wagon with 321k miles (owned since new, original engine, HGs replaced at 115k, 3rd transmission) and counting until one of the following is available to buy new:

>Turbo Crosstrek
>USDM Levorg Turbo
>WRX Wagon

Manual gearbox is also a requirement for purchase. I have $25k in an interest bearing account specifically dedicated to the purchase of my next Subaru, but they just don't make the exact car I want to buy right now, or probably ever.

I’d like a citation in the carbon monoxide. Never heard of that. As for repair bills, 70k miles strong and only basic maintenance.

I like Toyota, but I’m not about to drop 64 HP based on some hearsay and non-experience.

>outback
Same issue, it's no faster than the Crosstrek.

It's not the Escape with the CO leak issues, it's the Explorer, and more specifically the Police package.

cbsnews.com/news/ford-police-cruiser-carbon-monoxide-leaking/

How did Ford go from making the best police car of all time (Crown Vic P71) to making shitty SUVs that are literally killing their occupants?

>Crosstrek 0-60
>9.2 sec
>outback 0-60
>7.1 sec
Not even that user, but I knew you were retarded and needed to shut up.

>sorry about the carbon monoxide goyim
>looks like you’ll have to start buying the ecoboost interceptors now

That said, those EB cars pull up on you in spooky ways that the crown Vic never could.

There was a recall for documented cases of cops passing out while driving the escape and explorer police models. I've driven some where you smell a hint (or sometimes strong odor) of propane. I've also smelled it in Tauruses too. I don't know if they added that smell, like they do in propane, for safety reasons or what it is. If I was unlucky enough to own one I'd drive with the windows down 24/7.

Sources everywhere but since you want to be lazy to stay in your ignorance bubble here:

google.com/search?ei=MOyeWtzlD6LV0gK-ipbIAg&q=ford carbon monoxide leaks&oq=ford carbon monoxide leaks

If you've actually driven one you know you have to floor it to get anywhere near that, and you know what happens when you floor it... It sounds like a goddamn symphony of Mexicans that ate too many burritos. The CVT sounds and feels like it's going to fucking explode when you even go 50% throttle. I don't feel like going deaf every time I need to merge onto a freeway.

None of those are about escapes. There isn’t even a police escape. There’s a meter maid escape, but no police cruiser. I’m also not a cop. So much of this doesn’t even apply to the escape you’re a giant idiot for even going on about it instead of simply not replying.

The reason I asked for citations is because there are none. Citing the Explorer is pointless because they are not even remotely the same vehicle.

The only ignorant one here is you.

>I want a serious rally car
Then buy a fucking 4K WRX, rebuild the engine, replace the trans, beef up the suspension, etc. Don't buy a lifted base impreza.

I’ve actually driven one. And was disappointed that the H6 sounded so tame and calm when flooring it. The CVT made no noise whatsoever.

And of course you have to floor it to get that time. That’s what a 0-60 time is you fucking idiot.

Are you sure you actually drove it? Are you sure it wasn’t nothing?

Ford sold a vehicle to its customers that could have killed them for something that hasn't been an issue since the 50's. Go ahead and trust them as a brand while calling me ignorant lol.

>The CVT made no noise whatsoever.
Already completely deaf from driving fartboxes I see...

Nah. I just don’t make things up to support an argument.

My brother has a '15 2.5i with a 6-speed manual and it's pretty cool, car like handling, sightly higher ground clearance makes going over obstacles easy and gives you confidence over rough roads. He has taken it to dirt roads only "serious" off-roaders go and it performed absolutely flawlessly. He used to own an unmodified Cherokee XJ. After all it's just a lifted hatchback Impreza. It actually has better ground clearance than most shitty mom-SUVs out there, because of the dumb running boards and front dams.

>j-j-just cause I’m wrong doesn’t mean you’re right
You were wrong. Just get over it. My car is fine and has no problems. You were proved wrong and now you’re shifting the goalposts.

The Crosstrek has incredible ground clearance even before considering the size of the vehicle. I just wish Subaru strapped a turbo to it.

You drive a fucking Ford. You're wrong. Furthermore you don't belong on a board for car enthusiasts.

I'm pretty convinced Subaru hates money at this point. How hard can be to slap the WRX drive train in a Crosstrek? They're both Imprezas ffs.

I’ve never seen somebody so assmad about being wrong before. Please, do go on.

They have a Forester with a turbo.

Too tall and goofy looking.

It's a very economical car. I wish the outback got the mpgs the Crosstrek gets

>WRX drive train in a Crosstrek?
They share the same drive train dude. They both have the same symmetrical awd

The guy at the dealership told me the Crosstrek was the best thing Subaru ever did for their sales department, because a lot of the time it resulted in two car sales. The first sale was the Crosstrek, the second was a different car when they traded it in for being underpowered.

They're likely going to up the power when sales die down. It's a known complaint among Subaru.

why not a fucking ford focus hatchback SEL unless you want to innawoods or need the off road ability.

the jeep compass lifted or a trailhawk looks fucking cooler and fits the purpose better with real 4WD and systems, not fucking AWD which is each wheel spinning at the same speed.

And you don't seem to understand.

>AWD which is each wheel spinning at the same speed.
That's what 4x4 is. AWD systems are what you probably think 4wd systems are, each wheel spins as much as the program thinks it needs to to retain good traction.

Holy shit you have no idea how either 4x4 or AWD work. Lurk moar before posting newfag

I absolutely feel your pain with the CVT, I drive a 2011 2.5 Outback that is the slaggiest shit yet. Fuck CVT's! I literally would cry while driving it because it was such a disappointment, I've been thinking about ending my life and just restarting.

You made this thread last week.

I need to kill myself and vape in heaven

Which outback?

The current one with 3.6r
No point in comparing models that aren’t made anymore

The CVT sounds like someone grinding a chain over bars of metal.

Just because you make something up, doesn’t mean it’s true or that you’re right in any sense.

Uhh, that is what it sounds like.

I have one. Even those feel underpowered.

Post any video of fully functioning Subaru transmissions sounding like that. I’ll wait.

I am not trying to troll y'all....

If you wanted a faster crosstrek wouldn't you just get an impreza wagon? I thought the point of a lifted impreza wagon was to have the ground clearance to do Baja/dakar type rougher off road trails?

It appears Subaru is a very odd company.....

Go drive a new one and give it more than 40% throttle. Sounds like a chainsaw cutting metal.

>Baja/Dakar terrain on sedan/crossover suspension

this

Not even joking, sounds like a chain running over a storm drain

You had all of that time and it could never find an example? I can go drive a 2017 outback anytime I want if I feel like suiting my mother. Still doesn’t do that at all.

Visiting*
Still never made a chain noise.

I think user is just imagining what he thinks a CVT would sound like because he doesn’t like them.

Point out any moment the transmission does what you’re saying in this video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgyGTQX2nM