/acg/ - Armored Core General

Dead series? edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/F6zkTrC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>TGS
>screen fades to black
>there's a man sitting in a chair
>an old VR headset, worn and dingy is lowers onto his head
>two joysticks, a small console, and foot pedals are raised out of the floor
>STARTING COMBAT MODE
>world around the guy fades to a cockpit
>hatch closes to display a logo
>ARMORED CORE: VIRTUAL REALITY
Post your face when

>thread stays active for 23 hours because everyone is an amerifag
>dies every night because no european/japanese posters to keep it alive

>exploiting a flaw in the AI's AC
>Is this not true for every A.C. game?
It's more prominent in 3rd and 5th gen, but 1, 2, and 4th gens are less about stat abuse and more about finding a comfy combination of equipment that you can use easily.

3rd and 5th gen however both have a very "the battle is won before you even start fighting" mentality with things like heat, different defense types, range limitations, turning speed, etc. all of which can be exploited, but if you don't exploit them, will make the fight very difficult.

>AC will never come to PC
>It will forever be stuck on consoles
>The abomination that was the support of ACV
Maybe one day FROM will want my money again. But after how ACV was handled as well as DS2 I doubt it.

That's not a From problem, that's a Bandai Namco problem. And now that they're no longer working with Bamco, maybe we'll get a return to games being released when they're actually finished.

they'd never risk a full VR game, but they will have some gimmicky experimental VR option for one of their games, like the first person mode in previous AC games

But who is handling FROM's games now?

Probably Sony. Sony's listed in the #1 spot on their site and after BB it's likely they'll continue to make more games with them.

>Major Business Partners
>Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
>Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd.
>Nintendo Co., Ltd
>CAPCOM Co., Ltd.
>BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
>Kotobukiya CO.,LTD.
>KADOKAWA CORPORATION

The fact that nintendo is listed at all is also surprising since they don't have any games released for nintendo systems. Microsoft Japan hasn't done work with them since Ninja Blade, also, unless they are third parties to help out with the PC/Xbox ports.

Does FROM present shit at TGS? Or wr need to wait for Sony's expo or something? again

Hey guys letting you know that if the thread ever dies from now on and I'm aware of it, I'll make a thread quickly.

>LITERALLY ZERO MATCHES EVEN IN FREEBATTLE TO PLAY RIGHT NOW

What line?

I don't know, I haven't heard it.

The Silent Line.

it only shows players not currently in a match and waiting, so if people are playing but currently in a match or have a full room, they won't show up on search.

So that means that for every 5 minutes of people playing only 30 seconds of it actually shows them available in a room.

If you want to set up matches it's best to ask for people to play with you and add them to your friends list and send room invites. Joining chats helps too, like discord or PSN chat rooms.

>mfw someone CROSSES MY LINE

From is a third party developer, they don't actually have their own presentations. Instead they hand their presentations to people who actually have time slots / booths / events. So a game like Bloodborne is only shown via Sony's press conference, a game like Dark Souls 3 is only shown via Bandai Namco's press conference. It's actually extremely unusual for From to ever talk about or hint at their games in production before they are officially announced through publishers.

Think about From Software as a development company, who develop games for companies like Sony and Bandai- the people who actually sell the games and talk to the fans instead.

Sony tends to skip Gamescon because they show things off at Playstation Experience and Tokyo Game show. TGS is in September, PSX is in December.

Was looking through some old threads on fireden but wasn't able to find much in the way of discord, and it doesn't seem like /m/'s discord plays A.C. a lot. Any recommended channels?

discordapp.com/invite/F6zkTrC

there's some drama between different factions of AC fans but at this point I think everyone just cares about activity more than petty drama

Thanks very much!

top 10 anime betrayals of all time

I can't believe you guys are still here.
holy fucking shit.

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE

>my desktop background from 2006 to 2008

Last from me, night.

Are there any lewds in this series?

>implying that penetrating your opponent with a heat pile driver isn't already 10000% sexual enough

Yes, but why would you want that?

Bump