/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 29th of August:
708 – Copper coins are minted in Japan for the first time (Traditional Japanese date: August 10, 708).
1261 – Pope Urban IV succeeds Pope Alexander IV as the 182nd pope.
1315 – Battle of Montecatini: The army of the Republic of Pisa, commanded by Uguccione della Faggiuola, wins a decisive victory against the joint forces of the Kingdom of Naples and the Republic of Florence despite being outnumbered.
1350 – Battle of Winchelsea (or Les Espagnols sur Mer): The English naval fleet under King Edward III defeats a Castilian fleet of 40 ships.
1475 – The Treaty of Picquigny ends a brief war between the kingdoms of France and England.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - In the Emperor's Good Grace
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-63-in-the-emperors-good-graces.1040523/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cP8Yxh83NMk
youtube.com/watch?v=cCpuuglA05U
youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA&t=2m29s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you guys in?

Reminder to accept and encourage good posting

Random country picker doesn't work

Of course

Shit, what happened

Of course the one surviving thread would be the one with that link still and the old mods.

its been like that for a like a month

>old mods
What old mods?

I do not have the following CK2 expansions:
Monks and Mystics
Rajas of India
Conclave
Sunset (obviously not getting that shit)

Do I want any of them? Reviews looks pretty poor so I skipped them. Do they add any worthwhile general mechanics? For example I'm not really interested in playing India itself.

It really didn't tho

Every one of them except Sunset

it really did tho

Not him but I remember it happening in the last 3-4 days.
You can probably check the archive to check it.

>3
I would rate Sunset about Rajas of India. But I still wouldn't get Sunset. Monks and Mystics is imo a great DLC. Conclave is meh, but if you want more interactions with your vassals you should get it.

>Not buying Sunset Invasino
Litearlly the best DLC

Some user had made a thread where he replaced Flavormod and Africa mod with WTWSMS, and MEIOU and the /gsg/ MEIOU submod. Also he had taken out that dead country picker link.

most reddit post itt

>I would rate Sunset about Rajas of India.
>Rating a meme-aztec DLC the same as a historical one

British nobility shall be free from democratic opressions of Lancaster rule
House of Plantagenet, leading the open revolt, decided to lead the english nobility in fight against democracy.

Why the fuck would we promote outsider mods and gigau's mod anyway?
What the fuck.

Flavormod isn't really an old mod, the only outdated mod is africamod I guess.

what the fuck is this shit britannia is this EU1

Based Gigau

t. gigau

I wish. He is a nice guy.

EU3

Nice try

how come it has Mayo aka dogshit fake Irish province

youtube.com/watch?v=cP8Yxh83NMk

>Robert Hyde
Is that Sam Hydes dad?

*tips*

Maybe bloatmod ripped-off CanOMer's map

look at all those fake Irish places I bet the person that made this is Irish and they all have 20 development each or something

You got me.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=cCpuuglA05U

What is it with Irish and these kind of bantz? Is it only video form or they actually fight in the end?

Why didn't Baden or Wurtenburg get incorporated when I made the confederation?

Noob here, I'm playing Rasha in eu4 and I'm not quite sure how how to deal with big regional powers efficiently.
I usually strive to only attack countries I can overwhelm, but at some point you run out of little guys to bully.
How do I take an equal on?

Alright, with the basic event structure finished, it's time to move on to the fleshing out the specifics.
Should I enforce RP? e.g. should I prohibit Kind characters from raping? Or should I just make it so that you lose Kind if you rape? Which would mesh better with vanilla events? I'm only talking about the player here; a kind AI will never rape.

For thousands of years people have been roving about Ireland fighting each other. When they discovered the internet they started using it to wind each other up. Yes, they do fight each other at the end. Most of the time it's pretty lame but you can get some right good brawls sometimes.

While rivaling such powers as Scotland and England, being in between them will surely not help our dire situation. In response, Henry VI decided to forge alliances with minor irish dukes which surely will soon be able to help us

Aight. Here have a vid what happens when Poles meet Swedes.
youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA&t=2m29s

Holy shit thats fucking hardcore
I prefer stuff that is done in pub carparks though and is highly illegal. Why don't Swedish men do this to all they coons that are raping the children?

The better question is why did Bavaria?

B-but Swedes are the one that got plastered on the ground.

Even just getting in a ring takes a lot of guts though. More guts than they show when they go to the voting booth or look away as vans of peace mow down their women.

I'd say lose kind from doing it as long as there's the option not to do it. Gives the player more choice.

Yeah, that would be my choice too, but I honestly can't remember how vanilla does it.

Bullshit

What game

>Primitive Nation
What's the point then.

I got the DLC Rajas right after the release. After that I played in India for 5mins, so Sunset added much more

I haven't seen an EU4 Prussia game for a while. Does anyone have screenshots of Prussia with some kind of novelty twist?

>tfw want to play gsg but none of the games come even remotely close to the stories and worlds I can conjure in my head

what the fuck

hmmm
so how exactly does the AI think it can win this?

Beaten France and Italy so hard I would have been able to take all of the sahara and magreb if I had infamy to spare
Any other fun primitive or underdog to civilize? Im thinking maybe south east asians

Epic.

Mod idea: friulian and central italian(tuscan corsican roman etc) in vicky2/HPM
what do you lads think

I wonder if AIs aren't purposefully forced to do dumb things once in a while to spice up the game a little.
Or maybe the AI calculated that France was busy enough with Algeria and that it could erase the military tech difference with its mobilization.

Forgot pic

tbf they did catch me off guard infamy wise, had just wasted nearly 5 infamy for fucking Socotra.
But I'm not allied to France, I'm allied to Germany.

w&b

Wow this is actually quite aesthetic.
Or would be if it wasn't for fucking West Virginia.

Oh kek, my bad.
Very stupid move then, yes.

OwO

New HPM when?

Branco e baseado

Any dane can tell me what the fuck am i looking at?

MEIOU guy, if you're here, the EIC decision (and CB if you don't make it a colony for money) doesn't check for or use all Indian provinces because it's using an old province group instead of the subcontinent. The CB's somehow worse because it checks for the subcontinent but the wargoal checks for the province group, so it's possible to declare war on someone and be unable to take any of their land.

So it's possible to form the Roman Empire with any country as long as they're Christian or pagan?

In CK2, if rumors reach you that people are conspiring to kill you (or a family member) and you gain the option to go into hiding, does that mean that the plot power is over 100% and death is imminent? Or does it just mean that there is a murder plot against you in general?

>an M+T dev browses /gsg/
Ehhhhhhhhhh?

murder plot in general

>Any dane
Yes?
>can tell me what the fuck am i looking at?
I have no idea. The name doesn't even make sense. It's not phonetically something we'd come up with.

They come here to shill their shit, what's so surprising about that

What woul make more sense for a danish central american colony? Also world map

Never thought I'd be doing my first wc with Austria.

He isn't, he's just making a submod to fix their shit.

>HOI IV
You might do it with Luxemburg or Mongolia,meh.

>HOI4

Dansk Centralamerika would probably be the name I'd give it. I'm sure someone else could come up with a more clever name, but that's congruent with the name of our actual American colony, which was called Dansk Vestindien. (Danish West Indies)

T H E Y R E B A C K

Well, time for Pearl Harbor 2.0 i guess
We might even get modern Paradox game outta it

>commies and fascists fighting in the streets
>america trying to choke off a nation's oil supply
Oh boy here we go again...

Should I attack Russia next, or the Sadbats?

USA commies arent really commies.
Now here in Balkans we got Stalinist commies,those are hardcore.

North Korea's going to kamikaze the USS Constitution into Guam Naval Base any day now

Like that iirc. You can torture if you're kind/just, but you'll lose it.

Michael Temming looks like a v2 player aka a big baby.

Yo Dane what would the prefix be for your naval ships? HMS, eg.

Enrico

Based

Dandalo

I think we can all agree that HoI4 is the definitive Grand Strategy experience. Don't forget to buy the DLC!

For military ships either KDM (Kongelige Danske Marine) or HDMS (Hans/Hendes Danske Majestæts Skib).
Civilian ships would be prefixed according to purpose or propulsion.

As a dirty commie I'd agree, the US "antifa" is generally considered a joke by most other places.