youtube.com/watch?v=GzU7HqhkyYs
youtube.com/watch?v=mkH9QRaQJM0
youtube.com/watch?v=24afjVqm2Uw&t=74s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>engines that are diesel

>motorcarriages

>engines that aren't inline six diesels

>Nurburgring lap times matter

>Fuck engines that are designed to last million of miles.

Muh gasfags are the worst. Gasoline engines are extremely stupid.

hurr durr all i need iz torques and shitty fart noises

god diesel cucks are the worst enjoy your shitty sound and no revs

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

> shitty fart noises
hahahahaha!! We're talking about V8 diesels dummy, not shitty Renault 500cc engines.

Find a better sounding thing youtube.com/watch?v=6JgSdB8h4tk

>in b4 the trap-posts

>Diesels should be giant i6s
>Displacement chads

The way I like to think about it is:

Low-revving Diesel are the 6'6 400 lbs White Chads that can kill you in one punch

High-revving small Gas engines are the smelly squalid Chinks that can land a whole bunch of shitty punches that, isolated on their own, do absolutely nothing, and somehow manage to cause enough damage.

I'm looking at buying a V8 diesel right now. It's good for a purpose, but not all purposes.

>rotating-assemblylets
Mfw

6.7 a complete shit though.

Fords or Cummins?

>Big Burgers disblazment fuggg :DDDD

>muh vee ate

lay off the soy

>His engine doesn't say Cummins or International Harvester on it

7 . 3 !
!

Regards, lives in a literal trailer and drives a Daewoo

What do you guys think about the new V6 Power Strokes?
>Not like I want one to put in a Ranchero or something

WEW checked
Diesels are GOAT confirmed

It sounds just like a I6 heavy duty diesel. I6's are better for HD and industrial applications because reasons. If your gonna go V8 do it right.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPm-CSpF2wg

>Diesel engines at all

If you have to go for a diesel, why would you cuck yourself and go for a V8 instead of totally supperior I6

V8 diesels are horrible. I6 is the only way to go. I would avoid the strokers at all cost. Who wants to take the cab off just to change a fuel filter?

The dmax is mostly aluminum. Which is great for the grocery getters pulling a boat twice a year. But have fun melting your engine pulling ten tons.

Cummins is the only answer. It's just too bad you have to get it in a ram

>Take the cab off to take the fuel filter off
nigger what the fuck are you talking about

This
And also this.

Inline 6 Diesel is the way to go. V8 Diesel is a meme.

>Diesels that aren't 4 cylinders and 1.8 Liters made by VW

I refuse to believe that this is required for a fuel filter change

>gifs that don’t move

I was being sarcastic.

But it is required for tons of shit. And shops are going to charge you for it if their book tells them to. I believe you can't even pull injectors without removing the cab

Haven't seen them yet. Waiting as well to see how GM's new I6 Diesel is before comparing.

It's the same engine that's been doing the rounds in Landrovers, Jaguars and a couple Australian Fords for over a decade.
which diesel is that?

>Diesels that aren't inline 6
But why?

>not i4 turbo diesel

wow. apparently you have to take the cab off to change a head gasket. lmao @ people with slide in campers.

It depends on the application. Diesel in a car is stupid. In a utility/work truck or lorry it's a good application.

6 in a row ready to tow, 8 in a V you sit down to pee

The I6 meme needs to come to an end.

What the fuck?

Why are diesels white? Why can’t they be black?

Because diesels are supposed to work.

Straight 6 is master race

>doesnt know the i6 is more american than the v8

>1.8
> Not superior 1.9TDi übermensch engine

>The balanced reliable engine used in virtually all heavy industry, and that can be scaled up to container ship sizes meme needs to end
>Not the two inline 4s stuck together meme

Autism
Probably rides a bus with a "Chad" diesel engine

#justFORDproblems

My bus' engine is a 6.7L cummins that runs on flex fuel diesel and cng

>V8 diesels are horrible
>meanwhile
youtube.com/watch?v=GzU7HqhkyYs
I was genuinly surprised the first time I saw this video. I didn't think it would sound that good

Protip: every diesel is "flex fuel". There's not a diesel engine out there that can't run off of everclear with a little motor oil in it. Some are just more tolerant to shitty combustion than others.

I know what you mean bruh but these ones have volvo's system that allows up to 80/20 cng/diesel during cruising and 100% diesel during load

Try that on a modern high pressure and computerised diesel and see what happens.

>engines that aren't DOHC turbocharged inline 6

Damn straight my dude

what about 4cyl diesels

>don't buy that grand tourer user because this spartan sports car can lap x track y amount of seconds faster!

Naw. So far they've been not worth getting in North America unless you do a lot of flat highway towing. A V6 is better for day to day things.
Unless it's a 2 stroke 4 cylinder.
youtube.com/watch?v=mkH9QRaQJM0

5 cylinder master race
youtube.com/watch?v=24afjVqm2Uw&t=74s

Those Recallarados are a POS.

Aluminum heads on a super high pressure system...

>italian motor
>not expecting retarded shit like that

Aside from Dodge/RAM, Why can't Ford or Chevy use Inline-6 Diesels for their quarter ton trucks?

Ford needs it the most because I just killed my 6.4L Turbo Powerchoke at almost 350k miles.

They'd have to change their cab and chassis to fit the long inline 6. There's some small inline 6's coming but they won't replace a powerchoke or a big boy diesel.

Cat Diesel in a Topkick/Kodiak?

What's wrong with that? It's worked for the 6.6 Duramax? And FYI the VM-M 428 is a stout little industrially derived motor.
Ford's using an in house modified version of the PSA 3.0L V6 that's been found in Landrovers and Jaguars for over a decade to go in their F150 and GM's working on a 3.0L i6 Duramax to power their half ton.
Inline six for a midsize quarter ton isn't necessary.

wtf is a quarter ton? The Ranger/Canyon?

what recalls? I might buy a used one. All I can find is dpf sensor recalls

Looks like a regular GMT400 pickup to me. A topkick has a hood that comes forward like a semi, with open sides. That pic you can see the wheel wells and inner fenders, plus that washer fluid tank screams GMT400.

Perkins 354.
Basically what Cummins was aiming for with the B-series

F-250 and up, Silverado 2500HD and up, Ram 2500HD and up... You get the idea. Those are three quarter ton trucks. I just forgot to add the "three"

What does the 750 kg stand for?

Oh yeah duh. I should know that. I have a 92 C1500 in my garage. Good call, user.

LP5 Duramax hood is a no for me.

>wanting your car to sound like a literal tractor

>Tractors sound bad

This one is mounted the wrong way, sorry

I don't like it either, but if it's functional then that's all that matters.

you know that like a 3xxx is a 1 ton, 5xxx is a ton and half, etc. so "quarter" doesn't really apply, right?

But a transverse I6 is smooth as hell, also extremely rare