People still play this?

High quality Beta stream here:

gameoverse.com/live/

Point gun up.
Shoot.

You toxic fucking toxic nigger.

The beta really feels like a very short demo and not very beta-like

It's intentional you dumbo

the PC pvp really does not tickle my fancy. The game still feels like its made for consoles

it's not a pc/console thing, the game was taylor made for reddit

Its a server test beta, you're testing the server load not the game.

>not understanding what a beta is

>load up game
>silky smooth 60 fps in 4k
>45 degrees celcius CPU
>51 degree celcius GPU

A beta is unfinished. The game is finished.

He's probably use to those free to play MMORPGs, where beta gives you access to the whole game.

>beta one week before release

As a developer if I had a major software release a week or even a month and had code in beta i'd be fired.

No team voice chat, text chat or common lobby? Nice mmo

it's not a current build you mong

Personally, I can't wait to lurk in social spaces and take screen shots of guardians I like again. Been doing that in Destiny 1 and I will continue to do that in Destiny 2. I have a nice little collection.

>>beta one week before release

>One week

Oh you poor thing, you don't know yet?

And again, As I said in the post you responded to, its a server load beta, ITS NOT TESTING THE SOFTWARE YOU MORONIC FUCK ITS TESTING THE SERVER STABILITY.

Now you are straight up being retarded.
The console beta was what, 7 weeks ago?
This is the PC beta that doesn't release until october.

The console version releases in a week.
The PC version (the thing you are beta testing) doesn't release for another month or so

maybe I've spoiled myself on other shooters after playing titanfall 2

I think the average consumer should be annoyed that the QA department for these companies is being outsourced to you the consumer just so they can save money with their amazon servers.

Then why did they change gameplay elements after the beta?

Thats still not that much time. I worked n software for 4 years before it was released if I was in beta 2 months before release I would have been fired.

you have to remember that this is a console shooter through & through
can't give the player too many movement options or people will get disoriented trying to track him with their guns

>Just standing in the tower
>Still get party invites

Come on the game will be left behind in the dirt in a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=6C26qHS5qnQ

Post your final looks lads.
Goodbye old friend.

This is not a software test.
This is a server test.

Just stop.

"Beta" is essentially a colloquialism nowadays, for "a tech/server test prior to release"
For another term whose vernacular definition has changed from the initial description that the word denotes, see "trailer", or "glitch"

You sound like you are on the verge of tears with your replies.

I think in gaming at least the word beta has lost all meaning.

the worst is "alpha" and "pre-alpha", fucking stupid to call functioning games by that

twitter.com/Bungie/status/902606191984914433

The farm will be open tomorrow starting at 5PM PST

If you don't understand what we are saying, then you should stop asking for questions that you don't care for the answer

if you werent such a retard, you wold know that developers usually just use old versions of the game as a beta or demo. The game itself has been finished long before the beta itself even came out. Bungie themselves admitted that the beta we got does not really represent the final game because the beta is much older than the finished version

PC friends, I have a question for you: how do I get good at PC gaming?

I've been playing on console my whole life and I just tried the beta on a shitty laptop that barely kept 30fps on low settings. I overall felt clunky as hell when moving around because of the difference between wasd and a thumbstick but I really want to improve. Aiming wasn't really an issue, just the keyboard part threw me off more than I thought it would.

I'm considering in investing on a gaming rig but it all depends on how good I can get. Otherwise it might just be a waste of money.

Any advice is appreciated.

That's in 2 hours or in 26 hours?

learn how to aim with your forearm/elbow, not your wrist. You have a lot more control using a rotation point farther away from the mouse.

You going to cry bitch?

Yet they made actual software changes to the main build based on our input

*rolls eyes*

proove to us that you're not making shit up, no? didnt think so, get fucked

26 hours

you think they just sit around on their asses all day? Of course they are making patches to the game while they are still developing it, even when its finished.

Fuck off

no voice chat? lol

>learn how to aim with your forearm/elbow
Really? Is it really that big a difference?

>not keeping up with dev notes
>*rolls eyes*
>prove to us
>us
leddit get out

Wew pc destiny 2 is miles better than ps4

Game actually feels responsive

guys remember, if you're shit at pvp your opinion means nothing. let's see those k/d bois

a ton of practice, a good mouse and 60fps

a lot of people you'd be playing against on pc have been playing fps for years, some for over a decade. it'll take a while before you can even hope to compete.

Don't blame your laptop, you're just bad. People have been playing on keyboard mouse for years so you're going to be behind the curve on mechanics. I recommend playing PvE while the beta is out so you're not constantly getting bottom of the leaderboard. Once the beta is finished I recommend playing some other FPS single player games to continue adapting to controls (you should be able to run any Fallout)

Yes. You may be able to do faster movements with your wrist, but you would have to have a higher sensitivity to compensate for the lack of IRL movement.
Think of it as the distance between one side of a gumball and the other is 180 degress but 1 inch
Wheras the distance from one side of the globe to the other is 180 degress but fuck ton more

You'd be a lot more accurate if you use your arm instead of your wrist.

Goo looking titan, user.
Here's mine.

i was going to buy the console version to have something to play while i wait for the pc release but i don't think i can go back to console. the pc version is too solid.

>shit at the smallest content in the game

well, invest and build that gaming pc first
then we'll talk getting good at gaming

>Armamentarium
Patrician choice.

>Race through first mission at high level, one shot everything with the exotic hand cannon, tank missiles without standing in the shield.
>Ho ho ho, get dunked in a cutscene
>Back to level 1 we go.

0/10 Originality for how to do a power level reset.

That means the beta was more then a stress test you crying as bitch nigger

>implying I wouldnt dust you inside 30 seconds flat

Is there not a bar or a cooldown meter somewhere that says how much of the press space while jumping to do (Thing) anywhere?
Like the blink for warlock

no, you just kinda get used to it

>Can't have a minigun and a sniper on the same character
Am I mistaken here? Snipers are locked to Hunter, and miniguns to Titan?

You think Mayhem will return at some point?

no weapons are locked except class exclusives

you can use any weapon type on any character

the beta just starts you off with different shit

I already am, but by god does it feel awkward as fuck to use at the start.
Just lucky I'm used to "parkour 2.0" in WF to be already used to basically no cues about aerial shit.

guys how come my toon uses a revolver? what if I want my rogue to use a assault rifle when I go do heroic dungeons?

yeah, i have a couple of newfriends who are like "nani the fuck" and then "oh ok that makes more sense" after a few minutes of jumping around dying on Ness

Never thought about that as an option. I will give it a try!

Destiny for me has always been about the PvE so not really worrying about competing. But if it comes to doing a raid, for example, I don't wanna drag the fireteam down or anything like that.

I didn't blame my laptop, user. I mentioned the fps just to give an idea on how far behind I am when it comes to being prepared to play a PC game at all. I even mentioned I felt clunky because of me not being used to wasd. Thanks for the advice tho'. I should have at least a couple of f2p shooters available to download.

Do you know if logicalincrements is a good guide at all? Seems like a great tool to give me an idea of what I want/need and the budget I should aim for.

Thanks everyone so far. Hopefully I'll be able to join /dg/ on the PC since apparently consoles are going to take a big hit in population.

Why is this game so easy?

The sniper can drop for any class after the strike or a PvP match, just gotta get lucky.

The minigun, as well as the exotic handcannon and SMG, can also be wielded by any class. They don't drop after any activity in the beta though and since you have no vault you can't transfer them from character to character. But once the game is out you can have a hunter wielding the minigun and and a sniper. Or a titan doing so. Or a warlock.

The only exception are a handful class restricted weapons, but we don't know if there will be any yet, and the fact that you can't equip two exotic weapons or pieces of gear at once.

Actual QA is nothing fucking close to testing the strength of a server

You're an idiot

No, beta was just a server stress test. The beta is from a months old build and they're working on making the day 1 patch for the final verison.

THE

BETA

WAS

JUST

A

SERVER

STRESS

TEST

YOU

TOXIC

FUCKING

NIGGER.

>The game still feels like its made for consoles

yeah it looks great but it plays like a slow as shit console game. It makes Overwatch's slow game speed feel like it's quake or whatever. Yet I was all hyped being this was the big bad FPS from consoles, then it ended feeling like a shit console game. I should of known better.

maybe I'm just being unfair and need to play it some more and get use the game play a bit. I was really expecting something much faster and twitchy in game style.

is the high impact scout still as shit as it was in the console test?

Actual spoilers, albeit tiny ones:

Rahool confirmed for alive and well.

Did they get rid of the ability to see your guardians on Bungie's site?

First mission is supposed to be easy (you're supposed to be a D1 character at their height of your power pwning everything).

The strike is easy because it's a story mission and you have decent gear.

PvP is PvP and thus as hard as your opponents.

warlock air dodge has a cd tracker because it's a perk

>60fps
>in 2k17

The strike is also a normal mode.

So why does everybody have 1-shot perfect aim in Destiny 2?

Yeah, grimoire isn't accessible either.

My biggest issues with it right now are

>Jump being clunky as fuck
I don't even remember the jumping fucking with shooting as hard as it does now.
>Everyone is too slow to run from engagements
Its like if someone is camping a point or you happen to run into someone, there's no other option than to fight because if you try to run in any direction they'll just kill your dumpy ass and if you fight then jokes on you they've got a revolver and will just stagger you

And speaking on that
>Everyone is only using the Pulse Rifle/Revolver
Doesn't help that the game still caters to gamepad play as the aim assist is ridiculous

Play with your controller

It's auto aim on pc for some reason

so favourite class so far / what class will you be playing when the game releases

I'll probably play a warlock when the game comes out since i pretty much solely played a titan in Destiny 1

Why the fuck does chat show everyone my real name instead of my handle?

D2 Grimoire was implied to be in-game instead of online.

yeah that one, with X is great
I mean pressing space again AFAIK you can't rebind it, or even see a cooldown or meter in the case of the titans that continues going.

Oh fuck me. I hope all those cards are available in D2, even if the Ishtar Collective has them

no voice c h a t l o l

Holy fuck, guess I'm never buying this piece of shit

Turn the setting off.

You only see real names for RealID friends (not Battle.net tag friends or randoms) by default. And you always see your own name, because not knowing yourself in real life would be dumb.

game devs are weird about stuff, like not showing AA as a value when it is an extremely important piece of information

or like how bars flat out lie sometimes like how in COD putting a silencer reduces your damage below 1 shot level but the games didn't show it for like 4 years

1-body shot level for snipers, rather

Hey guys!

New Guardian here!

I came here because I don't get many upmotes when I post my personal experiences elsewhere like Reddit.

I mean, I haven't been told off, but I need a place where my own opinions I can express about how this game needs to cater to my needs.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I mean like, so am I to understand that when I do post about my personal in game experiences here, that I need to use proper posting format like on Reddit?

Like I have seen a lot of posting that goes like this

>meme arrow observation

>meme arrow observation slightly askew

black text of my witty comeback

So like I mean I get it HA HA le REDDIT meme, so should I not use proper post formatting here when I make my posts in the future?

Also, should I like, make fill in my name and/or a trip so people here know it is me when I make my posts? I am really smart and observant and I feel that my personal experiences in this game and my accomplishments I do in this game need to be labelled as my own, since I will likely say or do things that no one else will do in Destiny.

So pretty much TL:DR I just want to fit in and talk about my unique personal experiences that no one else has ever done in Destiny. (but don't want to resort to sticking with Reddit to share my own opinions and experiences)

THANKS!

Here's your >(You)

>day 1 of open PC beta
>there are already pieces of shit that idle at the start of the strike
FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE

Well memed +1upvote

I want to suck your dick off