Opinion on the new Supra?

Opinion on the new Supra?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/a19134100/2019-toyota-supra-tetsuya-tada-interview/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>bmw gets a manual
>supra gets an auto only
Why.

Anyways pretty sure someone will end up swapping it in at some point.
This is bound to be a platform as stated by Toyota themselves.

LGTSS
It doesn't have a manual, so it's absolute shit.

see you at the bump limit, and thanks in advance for all the (You)s

autotragic trash. Hopefully it gains a tuner following and an aftermarket so it can be fixed.

another bloated looking edgy ugly coupe with tiny windows

>auto only
>No i6
>Hybrid
>Ugly as sin

Waste of thought.

Shame the front end got so fat. I guess it's because of pedestrian safety or whatever, but still a damn shame. Looks a hell of a lot worse than the concept.

>no i6

This is why I dont like when manufacturers try to remake JDM/tuner legends except for the GT86 it never works they make it automatic only and add hybrid crap.

>>bmw gets a manual
Ultimate Driving Memechine
>supra gets an auto only
Maybe toyota wants this car to be aimed a different audience particularly those to buy most sports cars in auto anyway. the vast majority of vette sales in auto and so are 911 sales. i think Japan heavily prefers autos (except in miata sized cars) too and they want this car to be a success there.

Why do you guys keep saying Hybrid? was it confirmed that its going to be a hybrid?

Yes.

It's a V6 you imbecile.

What new Supra? That's a BMW

>Japan prefers autos

I find that funny since Japan created the tuner JDM boyracer scene which is one of the reasons why manual is so popular.

Nigga you read the recent articles that leaked the specs? 336hp inline 6.

>BMW

>Badge engineering

That goes against even Toyota's confirmed options. Source, a reputable one, or stfu

I like it, I'll probably get one

It's only slightly chunkier up front.

ugly

>LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>A manual transmission seems to be off the table. Tada said that Supra fans don’t think it’s a huge requirement...
Internet cargoys BTFO. Sorry but only real buyers opinions matter

It's a shame that Toyota doesn't have the will to innovate and continue the Legacy of the Supra.

It's fucking garbage. I would rather get a Tesla at this point or a Lexus.

I like it. Best of all, it's a Toyota. So it will be reliable as heck and will keep it's value.

Fags can keep crying about it not having a manual, what they don't realize it that their beloved manual is becoming obsolete and nobody but them wants it anymore. So way to go Toyota!

Isn't it confirmed to be BMW powered do they even have a V-6 right now? A performance oriented one at that?

Not big on the design, maybe it'll grow on me. I hope it's fast

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/a19134100/2019-toyota-supra-tetsuya-tada-interview/

From the words of the cheif engineer.

>And while we're on the subject of engines, Tada-san wouldn't confirm rumors that the Supra would be offered with an optional inline-four, but it will definitely get an inline-six.
>he and his team asked Supra fans around the world what they wanted in the MkV, and an overwhelming majority wanted a turbocharged inline-six

They made some sort of roadster, it wont be fast. I'm not sure if horsepower numbers are out but im assuming ~300hp and seeing how its a bmw, it will be difficult and expensive to make fast.

>performance BMW engine
>reliable
what the fuck are you smoking

How much of this "no manual tranny" gaffe is actually just japanese semantics/lazy translation?

You can have manual gear selection without a manual clutch. The west always bundles them up together, along with a stick as the selector -- but that's a weirdly narrow view of what a "manual transmission" is.

Tetsuya Tada did not say "the supra only comes in automatic". Since the car's design goal is being fun to drive instead of track fast, maybe this is the first car with a stick gear selector and an automatic clutch.

i want one tho

I wasn't very hopeful for the Supra until I read that article.

>50/50 weigh distribution
>stiffer than GT86
>lower center of gravity than GT86
>Turbo I6

sounds better than fat auto supra with 335 horsepower. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a manual down the road. If the car turns out to be good then there will be demand for it

why didnt he ask them what kind of transmission they want

you can go to BaT any day and look at the comments under an auto Supra and see that 99% of people want a manual in these types of cars

it's just stupid not to have it

no clutch = not manual

>>performance BMW engine
Uh, with Toyota's involvement, they made it more reliable.

race car version

So if it had paddle shifters and a pedal clutch you'd be fine? Bullshit. Most people are awful at using the clutch and never even get to the fun part. It's the stickshift people think of when they hear manual.

If you're an ignorant nigger, please don't post, thanks. It's going to have a B58 Inline 6 from BMW. Again, stop being a nigger.

Manual means one thing, and one thing only.
Crunch stick and third pedal.
No exceptions. No concessions.
Two bombs wasn't enough, and this is proof of it.
Trump will nuke Tokyo over the flop of the MKV Poopra.
It will go down in the history books as the most justified bombing of all time.

>50/50 weigh distribution
why they gotta ruin everything with meme driverlet distribution

Why cant they fuckin do real bias like a race car

It will have I6. It will not be hybrid. Jury's out on the rest.

The penile front end has to go. Pic related will be the first aftermarket bumper.

It looks like crying + autism. It's the new car of Veeky Forums. I can't wait to get one and drive around while vaping and listening to eurobeat.

This pretty much, it's not a looker, then again I think Toyota has lost the art of making non fugly cars.

You could give this guy a car with a zeroshift transmission and he would hate it because he couldn't LARP as dagumi and heel toe into second before I-INERTIA DORIFTOing around the most MASAKA corner on H-HAYAI mountain.

I like my transmissions to
>shift quickly
>only shift when i tell them to
>actually shift when i tell them to
>not break
>not eat up all the available horsepower
>not slip, grind, or pop out of gear
>not be fucking heavy
>not break

Goddamn man it's a transmission.

Manual is not popular under 5% of new cars are sold with manual transmissions in the united states

ummm so it is easier to drive on the roads??

if you're driving so fast on the roads that weight distribution matters that much you will be forced to turn in your license sooner or later

Because road cars don't have downforce to any real degree

bullshit.
after owning a 60/40 front bias audi and a 50/50 split bmw the difference can be felt every time you enter a tight corner.

t. gets stuck in snow
60/40 rear bias (or more) is best

but what if I can't afford a supercar?

Nope

Oh yes, the coveted supercar.

>snap oversteer
>best
also it has 46/54 distribution

Wtf this looks so much better

Get a Spyder then. Snap oversteer fixed, but you can induce it yourself by varying tire width on front and rear.

I've never watched initial D.
I like driving because I like shifting.
Shifting is such a major skill in driving that without it, it's not driving.
I don't want to drive any automated shifting car.

>shift quickly
Doesn't matter to me.
>only shift when i tell them to
That's a given
>actually shift when i tell them to
Will never happen in a car that comes from the factory with an automated transmission
>not break
Doesn't matter to me
>not eat up all the available horsepower
Doesn't matter to me
>not slip, grind, or pop out of gear
Driver error, doesn't matter to me.
>not be fucking heavy
Doesn't matter to me
>not break
This was said twice

I don't care about speed.
All I want to do, is corner and shift. Corner and shift.
If you take away my shifting, that's taking away half of what driving is.
Manual transmissions don't have a diehard following because of memes.
They have a diehard following because it is what driving is.
Niggers think driving is leaning and listening to toons.
Faggots think driving is scraping and vaping
Real enthusiasts thing driving is shifting and cornering.
If you can't handle mastering and repeating a skill with a low barrier to entry and unbelievably high level of mastery, then that's fine.
But don't think that means it's dumb because muh lap times.

nicely said, I completely agree with you

I can handle it, I do it every day, and I think it's a waste of time and a retarded relic of the past. You might as well say that pulling the choke is driving and working around the limitations of a live rear axle is driving.

Me? I want my millisecond shifts from a single clutch, human controlled sequential. No levers, just buttons and actuators. No shift computers. Push button cut power next gear. I already have such a thing on my bike and it's brilliant. As far as I'm concerned, the clutch pedal/lever is just for stunts and saving yourself from having to have one more computer onboard for launches.

The older Supra concept looked more related to the Mark IV than the new one.

Bumpity bump bump

Looks ugly as fuck and will be anemic as fuck just like GT-86

>new Camry with over 300 hp
>fwd

>gt86
>too slow

>Lexus LC
>too expensive

>new Supra
>no manual

You guys always have an excuse.

If purists will not buy it who will?

Soyboys

Not the first. Early mr2 had a sort of manu-matic trans as well. There was no “drive”, you had to navigate the gears on your own but there was no clutch pedal.

Not gonna lie I'd rather have this than my manual

Looks like a tiptronic-esque transmission

Is this for real?

Roof is ugly as fuck.

Looks great, everyone crying over manual are just kids.

This will be for people who like to drive, not kids who have to tryhard to look hardcore with their outdated transmission.

There’s also no “park”, you would put it in neutral and then engage the hand brake. Also I mean to say early ‘00s MR2.

rebadged auto Z4

That's a 86?

Looks fucking puke inducingly awful. That roof is a terrible design choice.

Doesnt have a V8 why bother

>underpowered hybrid poop machine when the supra's whole cachet was crazy numbers power figures, weight be damned
This is going to go the way of the Nouveau NSX. At least the NSX tried to be a successor, this is a Supra that's not even trying to be in the same vein as the Mark IV.

>Not gonna lie I'd rather have this than my manual
Why, the clutch is what gives you the best control.
Without it, you may as well just be stirring pudding.

>If purists will not buy it who will?
People who watch advertisements.

Though if a normie is dumping BMW money, they will want a BMW, most normies are completely oblivious to Toyota's sportcars.

>Why, the clutch is what gives you the best control.
>Without it, you may as well just be stirring pudding.
The only time you should be "using" the clutch is taking off from a standing start. In a performance driving application it shouldn't be used for any more than an on/off switch for changing gears.

>underpowered
600hp from a turbo i6 is underpowered?

>this is a Supra that's not even trying to be in the same vein as the Mark IV.
What makes you think that?

Going from arguably the best engine ever built to a bmw engine is the dumbest thing Toyota could do.

kinda reminds me of the hyundai coupe/tiburon desu

>Going from long redundant engine to an objectively similar contemporary is the dumbest thing Toyota could do
makes sense.
They sure do both look like coupes.

That's your stupid fucking opinion and it's irrelevant. You in no way shape or form can define what driving is and is not.

>Pay 50k for an automatic sports car
>Call everyone who doesn't like it a kid

learn to drive, forealz bruv you CAN do it

pretty sure toyota won't be touching the engine much

people who like to drive buy manual, not a glorified Dualshock controller on wheels

It is called sequential manual transmission, user

It's like a Miata.

>tfw the Miata is ten times prettier and is still the same shape of that piece of shit

Imma just swap the engine from this into a mk4 and call it the mk5

Kids detected.

>Everyone who likes good cars can't drive

Manual is shit, has no place in a performance car. People who like to drive would like to drive, not fiddle some cock like you homos.

The Supra was never a good car. The Supra was an overbuilt engine that could take an ungodly amount of aftermarket boost. There is a reason sales dried up and it was canned, and it isn't just the increased value of the Yen.

It is pure rose tinted glasses that make people want it back. A BMW inline 6 with a factory turbo isn't the same. Even if it was, it would take aftermarket experimentation to realize the potential.

Buying one won't make you Vin Diesel.

>PERFORMANCE CAR
>GT WITH 300HP AND AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
>CAR WEIGHS 4200 LBS
>PER
>FOR
>MAN
>CEC
>AR

Ya totes performance.
They're totes not trying to cash in on the MKIV market or anything.

>Manual is shit, has no place in a performance car.

t. Soyboy