Cars with pop-up headlights thread?

My favorite is the 2002 Pontiac Firebird.

cute

I never really liked the Trans Am myself, I always thought the base model/formula looked better. Especially with the 4th gens.

Suposedly they are no longer alowed because of pedestrian safety concerns. Then how are things like F150s (or buses, for that matter) with flat fronts that would instantly vaporize you on impact still being built?

Buses can't really be done any other way, and as much as we laugh at busriders you can't deny that bus is the best compromise between tram's efficiency and car's versitality, so they ain't going anywhere. They also follow the traffic laws so they are less likely to hit anyone.
Trucks are a sacred american right right next to the guns, so they play the muh commercial vehicles card. Notice how only good ol murica has those slab-nose "luxury" trucks.

Pickup truck exceptions are mostly from emission regulations. The north american wagon died to the proto suv which were essentially truck station wagons; being classified as trucks, they were exempt from emissions. The land barge full size rwd v8s died because of increasingly stricter emissions so automakers decided the next big comfy thing were trucks. The use of such big trucks even in simple labour jobs may be from stricter crash testings which disqualify things along the line of kei trucks. Since diesel is used much less in NA, things like the isuzu elf are a rarity. Not to mention the 70s van craze which were nothing more than boxes built on trucks (see E series) help to cement the work van aesthetic.
also guns are fucking awesome; just like cars everything is powered by explosions

500$ of rust and fun

Obligatory

968 is too rounded for my taste, even though it is the most developed of the whole 928/924/944/968 series

The Lancia Scorpion

They may only raise like an inch, but they're still popups

that's fucking stupid and i love it

US specific cuz headlamp height laws.
The EU spec models, called the Lancia Montecarlo, had fixed headlights.

i just want the auto industry to be allowed to kill pedestrians in peace

US models also had different bumpers cuz crash test regulations.

Also, the EU model got a 120 HP 2.0L I4. The US model got an emissions strangled 83 HP 1.8L version.

Also, lemme put this in perspective.
In 1976, The Scorpion would cost you around $11,000.
To put that in perspective, you could get a Chevrolet Corvette C3 pretty loaded new for $10,500

best flippy light car that's least likely to have rust and won't break down on me?

I cannot imagine only 85 hp. Thats barely acceptable for a bike nowadays

will definitely be rusty, make no mistake of that, but it will start every time you turn the key. it won't run particularly well, but it will run far longer than it should.

t. 02 SC2 owner

Good man.

Not sure of what car it is. Celica ?

hondurr akurd

1986-1989 Honda Accord
Seen here:
Was available as a sedan, a coupe, a 2 door hatchback, and a shooting brake (shooting brake was EU only)

4th gen corvette because obviously

The Aerodeck erects my Aerodick

Cute froggo

>Headgasket hangs itself

>golden shower