/ovg/ - Eternal Forza General Again

Welcome to Auto Vidya General

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

>because fads last forever

Exactly you stupid fucking retard, they don't, so your "muh prices 10 years ago" argument is retarded. Not to mention bitcoins already crashed, and prices are going down. Literally kill yourself.

Name a better game

NFSU2

Regular market rates aren't a fad you fucking idiot.
>Literally kill yourself.
Sorry I have a lot better reasons to kill myself than because some moron can't buy PC parts.

Except I can, mongoloid, do kill yourself though.

>10 years ago
Barely a year ago.
>prices are going down
That's what he's saying. I'm starting to think you can't read.

if you can then what are you complaining about

good thread

That's not what he's saying, read the whole conversation.

I'm not complaining about anything, he came bitching at me for saying 1.2k is too much money for a good PC, when it's obviously not.

What are you saying a good PC is? $1200 is more than you need to spend to play the vast majority of racing games, especially sims, in good quality/fps.

He was pointing out that fads don't last forever, and that prices will recover from the coin bullshit. Basically, just wait.

hi asspie look at steam thx

No it's not, especially with the new games I mentioned coming out, and VR. 1200 is just right, anything cheaper is a waste.

No, he was pointing out that if you didn't buy a GPU years ago before the prices went up, as if anyone can tell the future, you're a retard, and implied people are unable to spend money after 2017. Learn to read.

Like 8 months ago desu, he was also saying that fads don't last so you can wait.

Again, what are you saying a good PC is? Name parts.

dude i bought a asus prebuilt for $400 and shoved a GTX1060 6GB in there.
it does all that shit
$1200 what the fuck are you smoking?

Name a better game

not him but 1060 6GB is like $500 now

LATE
STAY SLOW PC2 SHITTER

A 1060 costs more than your garbage build, and isn't even that good of a card, retard. Excuse me for wanting decent parts, and not some 400$ piece of turd.

1.2k barely gets you a 1070 and a 8600k.

He was saying fads don't last while implying people are retards for not buying a PC an year ago.

>buying Intel in 2018
There's your first problem.

>Implying /ovg/ isn't a collective of PC2 shill
First week here?

AMD equivalents are more or less the same price, literal mouthbreather.

Gran Turismo

The crew 2?

A 1060 is more than enough for racing sims.

That's factually incorrect.

A 1060 is not a good investment for the future, and is not good enough for VR.

Take it to /pcbg/, we're here for simracing.

>tfw bought it at $250 and it lived in a $30 thrift shop special for a year

Ok so obviously building a PC right now is really stupid and you are basically wasting money on overpriced shit, so don't. $1200 is absolutely stupid, it doesn't matter that the market is causing the prices to rise, if you pay that much for a PC that you still have to assemble yourself you are a fucking moron. Wait or buy used/NOS parts from last generation.

No computer parts are an investment, they all depreciate.
>VR
If you want to use the latest meme tech you are going to spend a lot of money.

proof?

Ryzen 1600 is cheaper than an i5., 1700 is cheaper than an i7. Motherboards are cheaper too, and you won't need to replace them as soon.

>decent parts
>same chink shit mobo with a different logo on it and GAMER ARMOR

watch out guys we got a high roller here, look how well he wastes money!

Then shut the fuck up retard.

>le just wait xD

Not an argument.

Those aren't equivalents, they're shittier, and not that much more cheaper. Saving a hundred bucks doesn't make a difference if we're taking about prices above 1k.

>a 90 dollar mobo is the same as a 150 dollar one
>a chink PSU is the same as a legit PSU
>a shitty plastic no air flow case is the same as a good one

Good job retard, never post again.

>they're shittier
They aren't, and they also don't have the recent hardware issues/patch causing reboots that Intel is having.

>oh no I've run out of bullshit
>I'll just call everyone a retard
Lats (You), kiddo.

They are, a 1600 isn't as good as an 8600k.

>no argument

You should have stopped posting ages ago.

>PCs for racing games are too expensive
>no they aren't
>well that can't run VR
goalposts.png

It literally is, for like $50 less per chip and $50 less per MOBO.

>a 90 dollar mobo is the same as a 150 dollar one
Ha ha oh wow, you don't know anything do you?

>le just wait xD
>Not an argument
Too bad, it's the only solution that doesn't involve being a fiscally irresponsible dipshit.
You will save money if you wait. The games will be better, the VR support will be better, the hardware will actually be worth the price you paid, and you won't feel like a retard for spending $1200 on what should cost you maybe $800.

(You) do know that you can only say "not an argument" if they don't have an argument, right?

Except that VR was mentioned in the very first post that started all of this. Die.

WOAH BRO YOU SAVE 100 BUCKS WOAAAAH!!!!! Die.

>no argument

Thought so.

>You will save money if you wait.

That's besides the point, you fucking retard. Nobody is arguing this, but it's just the reality currently.

>WOAH BRO YOU SAVE 100 BUCKS WOAAAAH!!!!! Die.
I legitimately do not understand what you're trying to say. Is saving $100 a bad thing now? You complain about things being too expensive, maybe it's because you make bad purchasing decisions?

strong contender for worst ovg thread of the year right here

>maybe a VR headset
>this means that every response must be VR-ready
I see why you're poor.

Learn to read then, dipshit. Saving 100 in a build above 1k is literally nothing.

If you complain about money, but then say that $100 is nothing, you're literally retarded.

>waaah everything costs too much
>lol why the fuck would I save 100 dollars kill yourself
are you mentally ill

I'm sure you think saying "no argument" helps win you debates but people just stop talking to you because you're an idiot.

Pretty much all mobos are made in the same few taiwanese/chinese factories that also produce parts for prebuilts, the price hike on a "better" mobo is fake, the lower end models generally have the same pcb layout but the necessary parts are not soldered on or are disabled. Buying a mobo from a reputable company only insures you get competent quality control and easy RMA, you still get the same Chinese-made garbage Pegatron ships to Dell, except painted black with wacky colors for all the sockets.

we should just ban the rally autists

>He fell for the VR meme

>$100 is somehow not $100

it's almost as if you've never bought a car in your life, you take every dollar you can save. Same for PCs.

a gaming computer is pretty useless if you've spent all your money on parts and have no games to play but f2p trash

>projecting

Retard.

I'm not complaining about money, you are.

Not what I said.

>more money doesn't get you a better product

Not even gonna bother with you.

Not what I said.

Your first post was literally a complaint about the price of the hobby.

>if something costs more it must be better
at this point i hope you're baiting for your sake

>saving 100 is literally nothing
That is actually what you said. You can say it isn't, but it's in writing.

>Not what I said
Both of those posts are what you said, though. I don't really understand how you expect to convince people that it isn't when it's right here on the internet and we can all see it.

No, it was a comparison, then you started crying that 1200 is too much for a PC.

Again, not what I said.

Learn reading comprehension.

Yes, that's right, the most expensive item is obviously the best. Everyone knows that if you spend lots of money, nothing will ever break or go wrong. Yep, that's how reality works.

you're arguing with about three separate people, best not to assume one poster is another.

>not what I said
But you literally did.
>>more money doesn't get you a better product

>Learn reading comprehension
You said, word for word, that in this context $100 is "literally nothing"
That is saying that $100 is not $100. Words have meanings.

I think he meant that ultimately, $100 is a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost, but we are talking about $1200 dollars here, of which $100 represents roughly 11 percent. If this were a $12,000 PC he might have a point but $100 could go to software, peripherals, snacks, etc. that make the experience of using the PC more enjoyable.

Give it up, guys. No matter what you say now the only responses this retard/baitposter is giving are
>die
>retard
>not and argument
>not what I said

I know what he meant but it's still stupid to say that
>a good PC costs this much
When your own disregard for money is costing you almost 10%.

>spending $1200 on new hardware when the greatest racing game ever made runs at 60 FPS on a Pentium 166 with no hardware acceleration

Zizin 12 to car 13: I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

No they're not. Learn to read.

Sophism.

Nowhere did I do that.

Who are you quoting? Not what I said.

>taking things literally

Again, learn reading comprehension.

>I don't have an argument so I'll call someone a retard/baiter

How ironic.

Ah fuck I was going to hop in and ask if anyone knows any beginner friendly cars to drift with in Forza 7 but nevermind maybe next thread

You're such a little cunt, you indirectly asked already.

>sophism
it's sarcasm, learn reading comprehension

I know, I just worded it to complain about the thread quality at the same time.

You _are_ a retard.
You spend too much money on PC parts and can't argue your way out of a wet paper bag.

>some kind of hardware shitposting
>no rally shitposting

but you need to spend $1200 on overnight parts from china so you can do this

>60 FPS on a Pentium 166 with no hardware acceleration
maybe in VGA mode

thread is too waverly

it's doable, the only Pentium PCs I ever had to use VGA mode on were like 100 Mhz laptops. The first PC I ever played it on had a Pentium Overdrive @ 166Mhz and it was buttery smooth.

why do people argue JUST to argue?
anyone wanna play AC? ...well another time, after my sim hiatus

So these are my FFB settings, I had my wheel at full 900, but went down to 540.

Anything I should change here? Honestly turning the wheel is pain in Dirt Rally & Dirt 4

anyone wanna make useful frame by frame description of stuff happening in this webm?

they convince themselves they are right and when other people go "well, actually..." a shitstorm ensues, even if the others have perfectly valid points.

anyone wanna nuke this thread?

00:00 codemasters shit
00:10 codemasters shit

abridged version, please subscribe to my youtube for a full play-by-play

we're trying, post more race cars

It's sophism displayed by the use of sarcasm, retard.

>no argument yet again

Good to hear.

How do we fix /ovg/?

gameplay webms

Force "people" to browse /g/ for a month before allowing them in here. Also fund elementary school English classes, with an emphasis on reading comprehension.

detuned f1 series in gt sport

It isn't sophism, that's exactly what you were implying when you said the more expensive parts are better. For someone who so espouses reading comprehension you sure are illiterate.

I hate this idiotic way of debating where people call each other out on the form of their argument rather than what is actually being discussed, it shows an inability to conduct a civil conversation when you turn it into a battle of who can make the fewest perceived logical fallacies.

nobody comes here to have proper arguments
we just bark at each other like dogs behind fences

yes put everything at 30%

bring back tripfag blogging

neckbeards losing arguments resort to trying to show off their impressive skills at learning infographics posted on Veeky Forums

I like that, it's not a harmful thing to have a heated debate.

What I mainly have a problem with are the faggots who come in, bark their stupid opinion, and complain that everyone is barking at them wrong.