/mmg/ mega man general

Humans are a Flawed Species Edition
Thread No. 187
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Rom Hacks
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_hacks (wiki page is a stub. feel free to contribute)

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2017/08/mega-man-battle-network-1-battle-chip.html
youtube.com/watch?v=F991RSOU00Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1VrE8crot5w
youtube.com/watch?v=buzCvgxpotE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CUTE!
DAY-CHAN IS CUTE!
GOOD NIGHT, EVERYBODY!

What a nice banner

Goodnight, Day-chan user. Thank you for continuing to be so enthusiastic and nice.

It's nothing.
I just want to honor Day-chan in the only proper way I can right now.

Goodnight, /mmg/, and here's to a MMX9 that lets X do pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=F991RSOU00Y

This was a rad animation. I was hoping for more after the ending.

Nice, if only we had a proper full translation for Operating Shooting star.

>just wanted to help humans get an edge over the killer robots
>gets permab& from life
Weil was misunderstood

>no BN7 where Bass gets a CopyBot

>He gets his edgy ass kicked by a 12 year old boy IRL

CopyBots left a lot of potential for BN's world, but probably not much more than can be done in classic MM. CopyBots are like a fusion of original and BN.

seems like a novelty technology in the BN world

Looking back now that both series' are good and done, does anyone else here see in Weil undertones of the Major from Hellsing, even though both were conceived independently?

>tfw no art of meganman with drake as beat because he's a musician and josh as rush because he's a little bitch

Does this mean Megan is Dr. Wily?

KOS-MOS' guns!

What do you guys think Dr. Cain's password was?

password1
Coincidentally it was also abel city's launch codes.

goodnight guys. Don't die!

youtube.com/watch?v=1VrE8crot5w

Does anybody else miss the feeling of instant gratification when you kill a boss and they die instead of monologuing?

Thanks for sharing this! It has been added to the ROM hacks page.

No prob. I'm sitting through it right now because it came up on YT recommended and the opening text got me hooked. Thanks for adding it.

If you find any more neat roms feel free to add them as well

I haven't checked it out yet, but are the X3 as Zero or MM7 as Bass ones on there?

There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who fight bosses by using their weaknesses against them. What the fuck do you have to say for yourselves?

You're a stupid faggot who holds back out of some misplaced sense of sportsmanship.

Weakness if I didn't like the level, then buster during the rush. Vice versa if I wouldn't mind accidentally game overing and doing the level again.

>tfw no lemmywinks as a maverick

Wait a minute
I recognized that elf...

I-it's from MegaMan Games Queue...

You're right, it does feel much better that way. Never realized until now

>tfw want to play games like Megaman but I don't want to play Megaman because it's too hard

My titty bombs.

start with 2. its probably the easiest one to get into

Has anyone tried to do a Mine only run in MGB yet?

The only good one is Zero Project for X3 if you ask me.
Look at "Mega Man Z" for instance, the gameplay remains unchanged and it doesn't even look like Zero.

For MMX they have an excuse because there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentations, (though maybe there is and I just haven't looked hard), but did they try to look at the sprite definitions to see if they could have changed the number of sprites and make it look like Zero?

Maybe they did and there is another reason, but maybe they didn't and just went the "simple" route, which in the end if just as hard because if you don't edit tile allocation, you have to worry about re-used tiles looking fine in all the frames they're used, which is less of a worry if you can edit that.
I'm just saying: for MM3-6 on NES there is tons of tools and documentations, explaining how to do all that and more for sprites, yet people STILL keep coming up with "character romhacks" that are just cosmetic and without changing a single sprite definition or allocation, which inevitably looks like the original game had a bastard baby with the DOS version of MM1.

He looks Zeroish, but I wish they'd have put the hair in (if not initially then at least for the head armor). I think the idea is mainly "MegaMan X but red" which is kind of fitting since that's what Inafune wanted and it suits the intro text of MegaMan Z well enough. I also like seeing a Zero with different colors like in MMZ2, so the changing colors with the weapons was cool. I wish he'd have held off on the arm upgrade though because I wanted to see X give Zeroish his Buster.

Not that I know of.

It seemed to me like something someone might do at some point if they were looking to eek more out of the game. Could be that people don't see MGB as a serious enough MM game to do anymore challenges than the game provides, though. As fun as it is and as unique as the Custom Shot can get, the levels are sort of in between the carefree, breezy atmosphere of a side game and the intense, unrelenting nature of classic MM without really being focused enough to be just one of those things.

I'll honor Day-chan tomorrow by taking his girlfriend and killing him over and over again, now at 60fps.

Personally, I had a hard time to get used to Ekoro and Beck after finish the game with GV so them being not exactly like the classic stages are good.
The middle ground thing is probably due the character balance as in MGB we have 2-3 options for a protagonist while most part in the classic series we play just as Rock. They needed to make both Beck and GV viable during the stages while making it more difficult from the MG original .

I didn't mean it as a detriment, just that it probably won't have the same longevity in serious challenge play as MM games often seem to, probably because MGB more than any other MM or MM clone offers such a sheer amount more to do when it comes to how to approach the game.

Which X vs Zero is better, 2 or 5 or 6?

That's literally what they're there for? Also killing metal man with his own weapon is just so damn satisfying. Though in 3, I kill the bosses with their own weapons because why not. For some reason I never attempted the same with other games. I'll have to try that.

Disgusting

5 was the most iconic.

All I'm hearing is
>I'm a boring guy who doesn't like using special weapons
6's weapons are fun. You should try them some time.

>not doing various replays in different ways

Why lock yourself into a single thing when MM games give the opportunity to play in so many different ways with all the weapons. I like to do a bit of everything, buster only sure, but also alternating.
There are plenty of things to discover, did you guys know that using a charge power armor punch in MM6 cancels robot master's moves ? It's pretty fun, just don't do it against Centaur Man or it'll backfire on you.

youtube.com/watch?v=buzCvgxpotE

Do improvements belong on the romhack page?

What about making a different category for improvements/bug fixes ?

I know romhacks for MM3-4-5-6 which get rid of lag and fix bugs as well, or lets you switch weapons with the select button, etc

Yes.

I'll add it after work if I remember.

Also yes

I'll remind you later then.

Oh...

That shouldn't be happening until 4

Nani?

Despite all its flaws, X3 is my favourite out of the original 4 X games.

I just played played the PC version up to the fortress and it's amazing
>only version that uses the CD musics and animated cutscenes while being in english and while not being 50hz at the same time
>doesn't play in a letterbox window like the Saturn version

Most of the musics are definitely better in the SNES version, plus they don't loop properly (they fade out abruptly before starting again), however I really dig the sound design of this version. It's very satisfying to shoot at stuff. The game also feels smoother than when playing on emulators, like the X4 PC version, zero input lag that's for sure.

Also one tiny thing that bothered me in the SNES version is the mid-boss explosions when they die. There is a long delay before the explosion starts, and the explosion itself took forever; both things are better here.

Also I dig the animated cutscene. I didn't even know the boss intro screens were replaced by those awesome animations, I thought it'd be just intro/ending/whatever.

BUT - it couldn't be that good. Pic related is what happens when I reach the fortress. Tried all kind of compatibility mode, settings etc, nothing works.
I'm wondering if it's because I can't actually "install" the game, setup.exe won't run, but copy pasting the content of the disc on the HDD works although I can't save either (but PWs work).

Any tips?

The Australian Classification Board has a bunch of bootleg Mega Man games rated and some of the names are pretty weird.

>Any tips?
Play a better game like X1, X2, X4, or X8.

MMZ1

I just realized that MMZ1's X vs Zero is CLONE WARS

Thoughts on the Hueland Mega Man comic?

I paid AmiAmi for the Striker Pack LE a few hours ago, so they'll probably start shipping soon.

the best comic that has 'mega man' in the title but isn't about him at all

And that was done for free, no less!

darn I want a physical copy but don't want to deal with a Japanese copy (I know it has both languages)

An American physical copy will be released as well, sometime in the future.

Yea but it's in the future. I kind of want to play it asap (tomorrow?)

Ugh choices. Inticreates get your supply chain shit together

It's interesting.

They got Toru Nakyama back.

What is this.

Looks like an image. In JPEG format, around 169 KB in size, with a resolution of 712x1000.

New Inti Creates games. Surprisingly enough it's not Mega Man-style.

Cute!

Reminds me of dragon's crown

Is X6 really as bad as people say?

Yes.

King did nothing wrong.

Judge it for yourself

>the staff list in the TMMN article
Funny how they never mention Mighty No.9

NOT IF YOU LIKE DONUTS!

I liked MMX6. Definitely not a 10/10 game, but i enjoyed it. Can't say the same for MMX7 though.