>it's a full bumper to bumper warranty
>"yeah that doesn't cover the diagnostic fee"
>tell him it's the alternator, just fix the damn alternator
>"there's a process"
>mfw

Why?

learn to wrench

>buy car with warranty
>instead of getting a free alternator, free labor, and free everything, I should buy a $250 alternator and do the work myself
>being retarded on an anime image board

I already spoke with him and told him I'm not paying the diagnostic fee, either see if it's covered under warranty or just fix the alternator.

Why bother when theres a warranty

so dumbass mechanics don't scalp you for stupid shit?
Jesus

They get a fraction the price to fix warranty work from the manufacturer than a regular customer. They're trying to make up the difference. Quit fucking with them and call corporate.

>$250 alternator
Where the fuck are you buying an alternator for $250 for?

this

Hahahaha a new alternator on rockauto is like 50 bucks lmaoooo

>buying a new alternator instead of bitching your way up the corporate ladder until the "diagnostic fee" is free

>buying from a dealership
>not actually owning the car the your drive
>doesn't know how to change an alternator

Pity

Did you not read the contract when you bought from a stealership.

Warrenty is never FREE, not everything is COVERED otherwise they would go bankrupt after every other shmuck comes in with a broken part you idiot. Are you underage?

>paying to fix your car yourself like a cuck and giving more money to the corporate jews that manufacturer auto parts instead of getting free labor and free parts
Fucking cucks.
Correct. Warranty isn't free, I paid for it when I bought the vehicle. The warranty clearly states that all parts and labor required to fix or repair parts damaged through standard operation of the vehicle. The diagnostic fee is part of labor. My contract listed nothing about not covering diagnostic fees or any other labor or parts. Because they're supposed to be 100% covered. That's why I'm on hold with the claims department at their corporate office. Going to ask what will be cheaper for them, $150 service fee, or me putting in a complaint with the BBB to include a copy of the warranty section of my contract and taking them to small claims over it.

It's the principle of the thing.

How long is your nose?

Stop being a greedy SOB and pay up, without diagnostic fees and other "bullshit" expenses dealerships can't exist, which means people won't be able to buy new cars or get their cars serviced by knowledgeable techs.

You complain about a small $150 charge and yet you went and bought a brand new car despite knowing you instantly lost 20% of its value the moment you signed the paperwork.

BBB doesn't do anything.

I have a metric fuckton of lawyers in my synagogue. A lot of them owe me money too.
>CPO is brand new
I love how you guys imply stupid shit, like that I financed through the dealership or bought brand new instead of certified.

I'm not paying them a fucking penny.

>buying a pos that has things shit the bed new

>he doesn't know that threatening to do shit holds more weight than doing it with businesses having trouble keeping their doors open as is
Pity.

>OP is a kike
>wants to weasel out of a receipt
pottery

>falling for the "certified" pre-owned meme

You paid extra for LITERALLY nothing, as evidenced by shit breaking on your shitbox.

Congrats, you still got had by the dealership.

They already agreed to cover the diagnostic fee after I spoke with the shop manager. I didn't even have to threaten to do anything stupid, just told him that it should be covered under labor. He spoke to someone else and boom, it's covered.

Good for you, now fuck off

My fault for buying a Toyota. Alternators fail on any car. That's like shitting on a car because the battery failed.

Aftermarket or manufacturer warranty?
When i worked at a dealer, we would charge the 1 hour diag fee, and once it was found to be under (manufacturer) warranty the initial diag fee gets taken off the the workorder. From there its billed entirely under warranty.

I can understand someone charging you for that if you had some shit tier 3rd party warranty, but if you're under factory warranty there's no way in hell you should be paying that.

Also, $150 to diagnose a bad alternator. Ha. AutoZone will test your charging system for free, sounds like they're trying to scam you op

When I've had warranty work done it's been free to diagnose if it is a warranty related problem but a charge if it is not.

I.e. if your alternator is fine but the battery is shot. Normies can't tell the difference.

Recently I had water dripping from the headliner of my van. It was a faulty roof seal so I paid nothing. If rodents had got in there I would have had to pay. Yes that happens.

>all these car dealership employees ITT
lmao americans

Can you threaten them with legal action?
Even if you did agree to a diagnosis cost, there is no fucking way it's $150 dollars. You literally just test alternator and battery to be safe, takes 5 minutes. Obvious scam, don't let them jew you. Out jew them

>Obvious scam, don't let them jew you. Out jew them
That's always the plan. It's jew or be jewed.

>people getting salty that op is winning against jew shit

wtf is this shit Veeky Forums is ded

OP won this bout of jewjitsu

Never mind everyone anons LARPing again
Ignore this thread

Oh Vey

>OP has the new car bumper to bumper warranty
>Quit fucking with them and call corporate.
My dealer is like that with a diagnostic fee for everything including the most obvious things. It's how they pad their bills after our state laws on automobile charges got deregulated. Originally, we had a state attorney general that was strong on consumer protection laws. Then republicans took over the state attorney general position about 10 years ago. The consumer protection laws existed to define the concept of warranty and what was covered.

Essentially, our law was that if the repair was covered under warranty, additional charges to diagnose that problem were also under warranty coverage. It was illegal to defeat a warranty by creatively making charges outside of the warranty. Deregulation removed those warranty protection laws and now dealers are technically allowed under state law to charge diagnostic fees to "find out what the problem is". In small cases like replacement of a headlight bulb, the diagnostic fee is larger than the cost of the repaired item.

Nevertheless, call corporate. What is legal under state law might not fly with corporate policy. Or the corporate person will simply pressure the dealership to show courtesy and the manager will comply by waiving the diagnostic fee for the warranty item.

>without diagnostic fees and other "bullshit" expenses dealerships can't exist,
Good riddance
>which means people won't be able to buy new cars
Order online, cut out the middle man
>or get their cars serviced by knowledgeable techs.
Abloo-bloo, the free market will fix it.

Diagnostic fees are covered under warranty for labor. The service advisor is paid commission so he’s trying to Jew you. If they refuse to honor their obligations, call corporate

>The service advisor is paid commission
Not that guy, but my dealers don't use commission. They all use a monthly, quarterly, and annual productivity measurement that determines how much BONUS they get awarded. So it's basically the same as commission. It also discourages warranty work since they get more bonus money for out of warranty work. Because the shop is always busy, they can afford to discourage warranty work by charging a diagnostic fee up front and if there is a warranty problem, the fee is covered. If there is any non-warranty problem found, then the fee will remain. So if they find two warranty problems and one non-warranty problem, the diagnostic fee remains even if you only authorize warranty work to be done. Tricky and that's how they forced me to eat the diagnostic fee even though I only had warranty work done at the chevy dealer during the 3 year new car bumper to bumper warranty. The dealership manages to find something not covered by that powerful 3 year new car warranty.

The dealership is clearly prospering and making a ton of money. So these diagnostic methods are quite profitable. If my name was "Attorney General user" or "Inspector user" they would not dare do it to me of course. They pick and choose the clients they can jew.

must be some special 240 amp alternator user, surely!

I have started to notice that many warranties now carry a "deductible" ranging from $50 to $100.

Fuck off, if the federal law wasn't around forcing you to buy from dealerships wasn't there this would be so much better

dealerships do NOTHING, they are cancer

>Abloo-bloo, the free market will fix it.
No it won't because its not a free market if I'm not allowed to cut out the middle man, federal law prohibits you from buying from the manufacturer directly.

The simple fact is that we NEED inefficient shit like dealerships to keep decent-paying jobs around. If dealerships stopped existing tomorrow, the market would suddenly be flooded with unskilled labor and we'd have even MORE dumb uber/lyft drivers and overqualified burgerflippers/cash register jockeys.

Society having to pay a little more and deal with a little more bullshit is a small price to pay for more of society functioning and being able to participate beyond a poverty level.

This. But then you look at China and India’s population and I become very dismayed with the future.

>The simple fact is that we NEED inefficient shit like dealerships to keep decent-paying jobs around.
fuck off they aren't doing anything but being a middle man. Their contribution to a local economy is minimal. This is the same stupid bullshit logic New Jersey uses to keep it illegal to pump your own gas because "if not for gas pumpers all these kids wouldn't have jobs!"

>China
>He still believes in the "Chinese are really smart" meme

I don’t believe Chinese being smart. Stop putting shit in my mouth. (I actually kind of enjoy it) I just think that your local over population contributed to automation is nothing compared to it on a global scale.

>fuck off they aren't doing anything but being a middle man.
And? Without middle men and middle-management jobs, there is no middle class.

Fuck off retard

>federal law prohibits you from buying from the manufacturer directly.
Tesla sells cars to consumers fairly well without dealerships.

But as for dealerships in general, I feel they are necessary as repositories of both inventory and repositories of service knowledge. And beyond that, they also standardize the minimum knowledge level across a region or continent due to their training standards and their supply of authorized non-counterfeit parts.

If you removed dealerships, then pirate counterfeit parts would abound because there is no official "dealer" to cross check and verify those parts when they service a car. Without the risk of getting caught, pirates will sell counterfeit parts to all the independent service shops too.

i don't know about US laws but over here in principle you can demand (in written form) your warranty.
If they fail to meet that demand in a reasonable time frame (you'd demand it be fixed within 2 weeks, a month might be reasonable) you can nullify (? don't know the english word for this) the purchasing contract. meaning you get your full purchasing price back and they get the car back.
Off course you'd have to go to court for this where they'll settle within a second for just fixing it but that opens up the possibility to claim for the time you weren't able to use your car.
basically you can choose to either force them to upheld the contract or be a dick and nullify the contract. They'll probably figure that their worst-case outcome of this is fixing the car, but that isn't the case.

>federal law prohibits you from buying from the manufacturer directly.
What's up with americans and their love for being screwed in the ass by jew middlemen?

It'd be better if the medical and lawyer fields were allowed to compete. Those are large parts of the economy where there is no price performance competition allowed due to extensive lobbying by their organizations dedicated to keeping prices high.

What POS did you buy that the alternator failed while it's still under warranty? I'm guessing a dodge?