Why can't car manufacturers get around retarded emissions laws by simply selling the car with a super conservative tune...

Why can't car manufacturers get around retarded emissions laws by simply selling the car with a super conservative tune (like half the BHP), then giving you a ECU tuning tool when you buy the car that you simply plug in via OBD and it flashes the ECU to the power the car should have?

Other urls found in this thread:

arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thats literally what VW did and they got fucked so hard they almost went bankrupt

yeah do your research OP, stupid

No it isn't you gaping anus, VW made the car have a different engine map when it detected a emissions test was taking place. I'm talking about the dealership giving you like a "Snortthruster 3000 Tool" when you buy a car.

Like imagine if Dodge emission tested the Hellcat with the valet key so it only had 300BHP, but then when you buy one you get the valet key (just the normal key in this case), plus you get a Snortthruster 3000 key to make it have 800BHP.

I don't care about what you're saying, but holy fuck that man's anus must be demolished. RIP.

I took a shit that big once and I cried during because my asshole started bleeding and I couldn't clench to cut it in half

Then they woudln't pass inspection.

>I'm talking about the dealership giving you like a "Snortthruster 3000 Tool" when you buy a car.
What the fuck would stop the EPA (Or EU equivalent of the EPA) from sending out an undercover agent as a civilian, buying a car with the tuner, them taking it back and testing it? Your idea is stupid as fuck and they wouldn't be able to get around it at all.

that would be fine as long as the valet key was actually fuel efficient and you could use it for your DD. It sounds too reasonable for it to actually be implemented in real life.

No it wouldn't be fine because it still wouldn't pass emissions

Regular inspections occur in the developed world, usually biannual, and include emissions checks.

>Why can't car manufacturers get around retarded emissions laws by simply selling the car with a super conservative tune
Mopar already does this,
Just not as conservative as you're encouraging... Because there's no point.

why wouldnt it pass with the valet key? i mean i know its not going to with the turbo key but realistically thats not going to be used 99% of the time. I dont see the problem with it.

Emissions aren't a "pass somehow" thing, they're a "pass always" thing. If your car doesn't pass in all modes, it's not a pass.

If that were true then VW wouldnt exist anymore.

>Unironically complying with emissions laws and not ripping the cats out and getting a tune as soon as you buy a car

Because it's dumb.
There are rare cases where you can just install a smaller pulley, or a bleed screw safely on a factory engine, but the manufacturer cannot advertise that this was their intention.

Modifying the tune via the ECU is federally illegal in the United States by the way.

>emissions laws at all

You can go to any tuner and tune it for $500

Why does it matter? It would be considered a fault or mod. All they'd need do is make it a fuse in the fuse box you could pull. The concept is already in use in Corvettes with the dumb gearbox lockout shit or the exhaust valves in Astons.

>drive to test centre
>give tester valet key
>problem solved
Retard.

>Modifying the tune via the ECU is federally illegal in the United States by the way.
Not interested in retarded laws in third world shitholes.

>give tester valet key
Car would've never gotten production homologation in the first place because they would've been well aware of the performance mode. You think authorities would've let themselves get cheated this easily, you fucking moron?

>ripping the cats out
>oh god yes I like carbon monoxide so much more than carbon dioxide, give me sweet sweet poisoning, my combustion overlords

>I would rather have my car be raped by soybois and their cucked regulations rather than actually having fun

you probably don't like it because you're already retarded

just let us retard ourselves in peace, k

>lol soyboys cucked haha soy omg faggot, real men gas themselves and are proud of it

>he really thinks this is a problem
Even if it was they could just sell it for $1 as an aftermarket part.

>I hate horsepower

Good God, that guy's asshole should sue.

Because ecu tuning is literally illegal in the first place. Counts as emissions tampering.

things like this sorta exist.

Harley-Davidson sold motorcycles to the dealers with a ridiculously lean tune that would more or less grenade the engine over an extended period of time. the dealers then changed out the jets and sold them proper.

Where do you live.

Harley did this and got sued.

You should've seen the shit I took the first time I was in the US

That's normal size for men who are actively having homosexual relations.

Nice picture

I found the photo of mine

There was just something about american food that my body did not agree with

Is this normal for you norrish fucks to take a picture of turds?

I used to know a literal retard when I was in foster care who would take shits this big.
Motherfucker would hold it for weeks at a time and let it all out at once. He'd often shit himself too so you can only imagine how messy that could get.

I didn't remove them myself, bought it this way, but it's honestly no huge deal for me, I've never noticed CO symptoms and now that it's drinking oil, I know I don't have to worry about that clogging the cats.

i remember passing out for good 5 seconds after dropping this log that was an easy 15"+. fuck that was good shit and had a ghost wipe.

When its a good 3 times the size of a normal shit then yes. The person with the biggest shit also wins an additional bread ration for that month

That one just fucking slid out. I hadn't even been eating too unhealthily, its just that the food has no fibre or any of that stuff

yeah common trend here in america. i eat like once a day and about a day or two later i drop a log like that one that you did. you Europeans eat very little. i has a eastern European friend come over for a couple of days and when we hanged out for the entire day he didn't eat anything at all. said he had breakfast and wasn't hungry. felt super bad when we were in the restaurant and he was just drinking water and nothing else while we were eating.

Nah, I ate a lot until recently. There is a reason I weighed nearly 280 pounds, but even so the food here feels more "whole". It might also be because I simply didn't know what to look for when I was there

Man i hope snortthruster is trim some day. thanks for the laugh user

yup food here compared to other countries is heavy as shit. i really hate it. you eat a pizza here and you feel like a disgusting fat greasy pig afterwards, meanwhile you eat one in say, Italy, you feel light ,fulfilled, and neat. i think it's all the stuff they pump into food in order to make it grow bigger and faster along with bad cooking habits.

Depends on the place. Order from a pizza chain and you get a "thicker" pizza, stop into a bar and grill on a snowmobile and order a pizza there, it might be a lot thinner and made with something other than the standard, mass produced ingredients of the chain restaurants and feel totally different.

I'm sure you're the first person in the world to think of this and those engineers who do this shit for their whole lives are all really just fucking idiots.

Fact - Cat delete makes fuck all horsepower unless your cat is a piece of shit.

>regular inspections
Where do these happen outside of Yurp? In Michigan, we don’t have them.

Removing them lessens heat, weight and you can sell them for the platinum

When I was in Texas I took the girlfriends shitty old Buick to get its inspection. It had a broken bulb on the rear, the brakes didn't apply evenly, the seat was kinda loose, the horn didn't work and the rear tires had some very light dry rot (I bought the front ones new a few days before as they were completely rotted)

It passed in 10 minutes... what a fucking joke

You can get like 15 horsepower if you have a newish car.

Yeah! You told him. Fuck people who ask questions.

Harley Davidson already did it. When the bike leave the factory they are barely drivable so they get tuned at the dealership.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why not just let the aftermarket take care of it?

Sell car that is:

>turbocharged
>overbuilt block, heads, tranny
>oversized exhaust
>fuel system capable of supporting 600hp
>makes 200hp from the factory

tell people that under no circumstances should they turn up the boost using an aftermarket tune.

That way the car in all factory available modes passes emissions and the risk is passed on to the customer (who just substantially overpaid for a 200hp car)

This kind of thing only happens with anuses that were already previously enlarged you know.
So it's your own fault for either using dildos, or fingering your own asshole, your just letting jamal fuck you in the ass.

thats what harley davidson did u fucking idiot..

lack of fiber in your diet, actually

They almost didn't exist anymore, 44 billion dollar fine almost bankrupted them AND they had to issue a recall for all their affected cars and fix it for free

aftermarket parts still have to meet some type of emissions standards with california being the one most accepted
arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm

>aftermarket parts still have to meet some type of emissions standards
only for Commiefornia

>not using high flow cats

16 states use carb standards, or are in the process of implementing them

does not matter if you live there, if you drive your new 2018 car with a straight pipe cat delete into ca you can be ticketed, or other states with emissions standards for modified parts

So like what the Japanese were doing during the gentlemen's agreement?

Sure. Look how many awesome cars came out of that era.

in WA they're required to renew the license tabs
past a certain age it's not required, not sure when though, probably because old classic cars would never pass emissions

Most states have some sort of inspection. Rural states like Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio have emissions testing in some counties, and the latter two are phasing in safety inspections within the next decade. California of course has very strict emissions tests. Maryland requires a safety inspection when you first buy a car. Pennsylvania has annual safety inspections and most counties also do emissions testa. New York and New Jersey have both safety and emissions tests across the board.