Headlight tinting, nice or rice?

Headlight tinting, nice or rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like it. It makes cars look like mecha and sweet le mans race cars.

I love them personally, first time I remember seeing it was on GT3 when I was 4 and it stuck with me ever since.

poor imprezza is ill :c
get well soon

Yep, it gives a pretty sweet Le mans vibe

What do you think

lego car!

foglights only. Headlights are maximum autism not to mention illegal

I like it, pretty neat look and those neochrome ones are cool

illegal

Depends where you are desu, you can get away with a high colour intensity tint as long as it’s not some cop colour or affects your vision, and lots of places say white or yellow beam, but not how intense the beam can be.

Looks awful

why would you want to be reminded of the french?

because their cars are more aesthetic than american ones

Hon hon

Threadly reminder by buying PSA cars you're sponsoring state-mandated cuckery and rapefugee intake.
express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
In france, until 2 years ago, you couldn't own bikes with more than 100 hp top fucking kek.
In france, men cannot order a paternity test because the law sees peace in the family as more important than the father knowing whether the kids are his or not. Trying to get a test done, even via a laboratory in another country, will lead to a 10 year jail sentence.

It's cool. I want to do my lights. I'm thinking yellow fog lights, a classic, then neochromatic headlights and taillights.

>rice
in the 80's that was very common on french cars and volvos.

I don't give a shit desu

I love it but its illegal here

Illegal in NJ

Laws vary from state to state but headlights are usually good as long as the projected light is white, amber, or yellow. Something like OPs would be fine because at night, it would be the same as an old car when they had naturally warmer bulbs. Or you could get the chromatic ones that don't affect the light at all. Cops will only care if it's like red, blue, purple, green, or really dim.

I'm hoping theres a method of putting just a little bit because I'd want to keep that 80s halogen glow when i upgrade my lights

Illegal pretty much anywhere, and makes your headlights worse.

Appearance is somewhere between rice and trailer trash.

See This would be legal almost everywhere and have little to no effect on illumination performance

yellow/white light is better for illuminating obstacles in the dark than the bluish tint of HIDs

is there any science backing this claim?

it doesnt even seem to logically add up. as much as i dislike HIDs i know they are more powerful than regular bulbs. a tinted cover wont make a regular bulb more powerful than an HID, its not a magnifying glass.

also lets say i have HID bulbs, a clear cover on one side and a tinted cover on the other. the yellow tinted cover would filter some of the light emitted by the bulb just by virtue of the fact its being yellow. thus dampening the illumation.

Light scatters as ~1/(wavelength^4), so blue light scatters exponentially more than yellow/redder light. This is why white/blue lights create so much painful glare for on-coming drivers, and why they are so much worse in snow/rain/fog than yellow foglights.

Brighter light of a shorter wavelength is often much less useful and poses a hazard to others on the road. I hope this HID fad passes some day.

Our eyes evolutionary haven't been accustomed to differentiating blue light, yeah the sky is blue, but birds don't attack us. Our bodies have evolved to look for threats in the more earthy colors like brown and green.
That's why when you look at the spectrum of color by wavelength you will see that green takes the biggest area as a single color as we have to filter out most of the plantation to blend it in. Also this is another reason as to red requires the least energy to be seen, as red is seen as immediate danger.

After reading this , I () might be talking out of my ass, but it still makes sense to me.

Just get yellow bulbs

I key every single car I see like that in the parking lot. Looks gey asf

Sure you do, tough guy

Sure thing, friendo.

>take a picture of scratched e46
>claim on the internet that you are more of a scumbag than you really are
pathetic two bee quiet honest

how many times are you dummies gonna talk about this? we get it, you're daft and disrespectful.

>auto-generated and imgur filenames

Looks ricey in stock cars. Looks good on a car with tasteful mods.

>Light scatters as ~1/(wavelength^4), so blue light scatters exponentially more than yellow/redder light. This is why white/blue lights create so much painful glare for on-coming drivers, and why they are so much worse in snow/rain/fog than yellow foglights.
sciencefag absolutely destroys audi's laser headlight technology
Sylvania H6054 GOAT

I dislike tint on headlights, fog lights it makes sense especially if it's yellow

>HIDs
>2018

They don't make those anymore and haven't for a long time.

rice on anything but track cars
worst is those "dragon-film" ones that are green-purple

wait what? How are cars getting white headlights then, because those are def not leds

no actual GT racecar driver wants the yellow tinted lights because they work so much worse than clear light casings

>anime poster opinions

Dragon Eyez is just one brand of neochromatic tint and they look hella sick

I won't give a shit about your kind when the day comes either

rice2

They are LEDs. LEDs have a realy narrow spectrum, they don't tint to blue/purple like HIDs did. Pretty much all car (and motorcycle!) lighting is heading towards full LEDs if it's not there already. They use less power and last basically forever.

LEDs look absolutely nothing like HIDs though. The amount of blue in most HIDs should never have been legal, but they're gone now. Halogen is what you get on the lowest trim of the cheapest cars, everything is LED now.

> I want to see worse at night by obstructing and scattering light

This entire thread.

STI and Hepatitus.. RIP

This is done in endurance racing to make it so the slow cars know that a faster upper class car is behind them and not a rival class car so they can gtfo of the way instead of racing hard.

I think it’s cool but desu, serves no purpose on the road, thus diminishing its coolness.

I've put bigger scratches than that on my own damn car accidentally.

There's no way you actually believe that, right?

Yellow tint should be mandatory on stupid eyeburning LED and HID lamps.

yeah I'd definitely want people to know that my car has jaundice and liver failure.

what?

literally every manufacturer still uses HIDs (xenon) on their high spec models

or full LED for top spec or as an option

>tfw you buy a used car and replace the garbage HID mod the previous owner put in with stock bulbs

got an sti from poor life choices

>car with 4 separate headlights
>tinting only the two high beam ones

Yay or nay?

What about simply applying the tint to the bulb instead of the housing?

On older 3 series yeah. Tint the middle two and use them as fogs and use driving lights as the brights.