/ovg/ - VKOVGT3 leaks edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1-g2rO7-mR4Jehwazqtc0sbuJg8DSqvJW
simxperience.com/en-us/products/completesimulators/stage5racingsimulator.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Trip_Adventure
mega.nz/#F!2E81XJCC!KCVI4GkGt77_SOWKRQbPkw
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=215637020
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gayracing

Post pics of Valrys

Have you thanked him today?

which 3 NFS games should I play

Reminder that there is a drift server, uses driftworks cars and ebisu west. Full pack with cars and tracks here.
drive.google.com/open?id=1-g2rO7-mR4Jehwazqtc0sbuJg8DSqvJW
Server: WAT: Luisu
Pw: 4ch

reminder that all NFS kiddos need to be purged

this
give me refs

imagine an overweight acne faced pig nosed behemoth who put on a wig

/g/ not welcum

put some effort into proper spacing, add a hashtag and put it up for download

xth for last thread fuckin sucked

who's this goblino and why should i care?

Just played DiRT4 for the first time. I'm enjoying it much more then DR at the moment. Building your own team is nice and the stages actually feal real.

oh here we go

She saved /ovg/

Why
What are you trying to start?

What game?

Assetto Corsa

Name a better game

Anyone want to play PC2 cracked online?

Maybe if theres enough interest we can get something going regularly. The cracked mp has dedicated server support too.

Burnout 3

>Building your own team is nice
Yeah I agree, as I said from my initial impressions, it has a lot more "fluff" and small details, that aren't really important in terms of racing but help flesh out the carer mode and are extra fun if you are into that. Similar thing with the dirt academy and how it gives you a place to practice stuff or learn stuff for beginners.
I would say that if you are completely new to driving and want a solo experience then dirt 4 might be a better experience. But Dirt Rally is so far still seems like the more focused, clear to the point rally game.

However,
>and the stages actually feel real.
Completely disagree on stages part, I still think that dirt rally has far higher quality in terms of stages the only thing it's lacking is in the amount.

>But Dirt Rally is so far still seems like the more focused, clear to the point rally game.
it's a simautist-friendly grindfest that is focused solely on beating stage times. for anything more, the gameplay is flat and shallow and simply does not deliver. simfags love it though because it's similar in features to any circuit racing hotlap simulator

>has far higher quality in terms of stages
the only good parts are the recreated "real" stage fragments, which are very small. most of the roads are blander than games from 1995 for MS-DOS

SHiT 4, while having very repetitive road shapes, has more environment detail than Rally

damn what texture pack is that

> focused solely on beating stage times

I'll take what is rally motorsport for $100, Alex

If money wasn't an issue, what's the absolute best setup available on the market? Talking wheel, pedals, shifter, handbrake and stand if needed, maybe a racing seat.

A Ferrari 488 Pista and a (not sold anymore) Jahrekarte

>not sold anymore

Doesn't fit the criteria of being available on the market. What else is there?

A Ferrari 488 Pista and paying per lap, instead of a Jahrekarte

I'm looking at using my tax refund on a wheel setup.

How much does it increase your enjoyment?

My desk has drawers but I'm thinking I'll just pull them out a bit. Has anyone else tried this? I can get a new desk if I need to but would prefer not to.

>just googled what that was

Fuck off my guy.

Let's say I'm slow as shit. What put strategy should i use?
I think that staying out for the longer amount of time possible should be a good one, since a slow driver like me doesn't really get the benefit of running lower fuel or softer tyres that will become dust ASAP.

>tyres

You said money wasn't an issue. It comes with the wheels/pedals/shifter/handbrake/seat as a set...

Seriously, though, this is why saying "Money isn't an issue" is a bit silly. If you'll tell me to fuck off when I suggest buying a red track car for hundreds of thousands of dollars, will you tell me to fuck off when I tell you the best setup on the market is somewhere around the $30,000 mark? Or will you instead say what your budget actually is, and we can offer suggestions within it?

A real car isn't a video game, why are you so autistic?

simxperience.com/en-us/products/completesimulators/stage5racingsimulator.aspx

Fine. Here you go - one complete package from one of the most reputable direct-drive wheel providers, complete with shipping and on-site installation in the US. Bit cheaper than I remembered - $26,500 USD.

>being literate

so....?

The true answer, my dude, is that it varies from person to person. How much time do you have in a week to play with it? If you're using a desk, how much is it going to piss you off to have to set it up each time? Because those two variables will dictate how much you'll use it.

There's no comparison between controller and a half decent wheel in terms of immersion, consistency of inputs and feedback, but if you're only going to bother to pull it out five times a year it might not be worth looking at; if you're going to use it several times a week, it's totally worth it.

That shit looks beast, I'd buy it if I could afford to waste that much money. But I was talking about something more practical, assuming you have a PC with monitors already? Not as extreme as this.

Not him, but I was looking at some youtube videos, and some guy had a small T shaped stand where he mounts the wheel, the shifter on the side, and the pedals on the bottom.

Accuforce wheel - 1.6k USD
DSD or Heusinkveld pedals - 1.2k
DSD shifter - 300
Handbrake - 300
Pick the rig you like most - 1000

OH BOY I'M SURE EXCITED TO SEE PICTURES OF THE SAME MODEL RIPS WE'VE BEEN RACING FOR 3 YEARS

That's affordable. Good shit. I wonder if anyone in here has a setup like that.

A mate of mine does but doesn't post here often - except his wheel is an OSW; similar specs and prices.

I drank the Fanatec koolaid way back, and have too many rims to switch to Accuforce or OSW, but they're promising to release a direct drive wheel this year that'll probably get my attention.

If memory serves me correctly, there's user who's got a quite decent motion rig in here somewhere.

rabble rabble rabble hardware is so expensive
saving 100 bucks literally doesnt matter blah blah blah

Fuck off autistic cunt.

Aspirations has a 5 figure motion rig

Is project cars 2 worth 30 american dollars?

Is your sister? I could probably go to forty if she does blowjobs without the condom.

he also drives with an xbox controller

user I don't think you'd want that.

Oh, ok. Never mind then, I'll ask again in a few years.

what's this about a sister now

>mostepicanimebattle.wmv

not really
pirate it to see if you like it. can't see why anyone would though lol!

maybe

>pirate it to see if you like it
>demo exists
piratefag delusion everyone

LOL i"M SOOOO RANDOM XD

where da webms at

You first

any good racing vidya with addictive RPG elements?

Tunari's Game

auto vidya*
racing not required. but probably just gonna play GT4 for the tenth time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Trip_Adventure

any of the txr games

if by addictive rpg elements you mean grinding for parts that are marginally better than yours for hours on end then The Crew ain't half bad

Right one of you cunts tell me why the IR18 is shit so I don't have to waste my time and money doing it.

Are there any Initial D games that are fully emulateable without bugs and shit?

>racing soft tires have more grip on the f1500 than racing supersoft
the fuck

>Kart Track
>fullsized car

kaz's sense of detail right fuckin there

need for speed no limits

Hello, my name is Blakarot and welcome to Vadim Kogay's OVGT3 Experience. After 9 days in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait. Please let me know what you think after you've had a chance to play. I can be reached at [email protected] and my favorite car is the Porsche 991. Thanks, and have fun.

mega.nz/#F!2E81XJCC!KCVI4GkGt77_SOWKRQbPkw

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=215637020

is the bitcoin miner included?

lagoon racing

so which car is OP?

LEAKED OVGT3 S5 TRACK LIST

checked

SJ wasn't a part of making this game so no.

use a rally car and drift it

making full sized street cars dance on their toes is great fun

hey blakarot your skills suck you didn't even replace the bitmap in the config screen

www.cheaprope.com/5coolnoosetricks

the porsche ofc until gnik nerfs it

it is not done yet buster!!!!

What is this t or ñ? thing on the Google doc?

t or ñ?

For anyone wondering why you may see Automodellists or AMS, they were our working titles. EEC in the car files is just the Namibian studio name.

Yes t or ñ.

>tfw the GT-R finally turns in under light braking, doesn't require full throttle to rotate through corners, and still drifts like a mad cunt.

Now you're having mod problems I feel bad for you son
You got 99 bugs yet you can't fix one

[PATR10T Verse]
I got the net patrol on the rat patrol
Bros that want ta make sure my forum's closed
Chan critics that say we's "Autismal Hoes"
Worked with RaceArt, stupid? What type of facts are those?
If you grew up with moles in your EEC bros
You'd celebrate the minute you could close the doors
I'm like "Fuck thieves" you can't ruin my two years whole
If you don't like my physics, the carsets I'll hoard?
Got beef with James if I don't play he shows
They don't like my shit, well, they're net criminals, so
Veeky Forums guys try and sneak my .mas
So EEC can give 'em more packs of cars, fuckers
I don't know what you take me as
Or understand the engineer that our mod has
He takes it to races, niggas he ain't dumb
I got ninety nine car packs but you ain't gettin' one, hit me

[/ovg/ Chorus]
Ninety nine problems but a leak ain't one
Ninety nine problems but a leak ain't one
Now you're having mod problems I feel bad for you son
You got 99 bugs yet you can't fix one

Advice to anyone porting skins from previous /ovgt3/ series to VKOVGT3E:
Open the .dds and Photoshop and use the Levels adjustment on the Alpha channel to re-balance the reflectivity of your car. Remember on the alpha layer in VKOVGT3, white is fully reflective while black is fully matte. Anywhere in between will have varied amounts of reflectivity.

top tier loading screen

I literally cannot find a racing game I want to play for more than a day.

>no open world street racing game with realistic physics and damage with permadeath and realistic in-game economy

>no realistic rally game when you start from your local stage with an unbranded sub 90cv shitbox, slowly climbing the stage while building your team, cars and sponsors with realistic economy and events

>mfw