It's ugly

It's ugly.

>projecting this hard

>dad?

they need to just make an LLV that is slightly bigger and with more power, backup camera, and more ergonomical interior
>literally made by pajeets

it looks like the 56% meme

Its a mail van its supposed to be functional, not pretty.

Exactly.

>brittain getting ugly ass vehicals
every time

It's got the proportions of something I'd build out of Lego when I was six.

That's basically what the new Transits are. Will they last as long as the LLV's? I really doubt it but we'll see.

I would strongly think about changing delivery companies if they start rolling around in shit like that. We like to take pride in out appearance here in Murrica.

this is the worst bait I've ever seen in my 3 months of posting here

i hope they dont choose this disgusting t*rk garbage

wow good call

newfag

I like how the concept drawing for this mail truck had like 5 spoke Volks

Why do US government institutions insist on doing things differently from everyone else for no reason? Vans work just fine for every other country; it's not like the workload is any different.

I think the two can co-exist. You can have a functional truck that looks nice and stay away from going too far to either end- pic related.

This would be the equivalent of Dubai's Corvette "fire truck". I get that it's mainly promotional.

Some of the other prototypes being thrown around aren't much better....

Graft mostly.

literal cuckmobile

this is what peak performance looks like

Yeah, it might as well be a HotWheels or some shit with those.

i guess they're so goofy because usps is transitioning into a parcel business as letter volume continues to decrease and online buying grows in popularity. need space for all dem parcels

Bring these back

six cylinder suicide jeeps absolutely stripped down to the bare essentials. my dad has stories of drag racing these things at stoplights and absolutely crushing

Other concepts- 1

Other concepts- 2

>why dont this government truck made to haul mail luk gud n kewl???

They're fun as shit, especially if you tear off more body to reduce drag. You'll get crucified by purist Jeepfags though if you bring a Sawzall within 10 feet of any Jeep.

imagine a mail truck with flares like that... they're actually functional too

Hell yeah. Not sure how much they'd do for improving the comfort factor though.

>STAY-UNCE NASHUN!!

Seriously though it has shit clearance

Forgot to post the second portion of the sketches.

>"higher siting position"

Imagine a vehicle that used a pen spring for its suspension. This thing is somehow worse. Seats are also a joke.

i assume this thing i electric?
electric mail truck makes a lot of sense actually, especially if you go spartan as fuck with it and keep the drivetrain control electronics/software simple as fuck. unkillable and maintenance costs of fuck all

it's literally stop and go all the time which is perfect for an EV, where it's most efficient

it has an underbite

>We will never have this future because the government is full of nepotistic detroit loving cucks

That's what I never really understood.
Why spend literally billions of dollars to requisition the design, development, and delivery of a special vehicle just for the USPS?

They could buy off-the-lot Ford Transit Cargo vans.

I actually like the Indian prototype some

>Graft mostly.
This guy gets it.

The current fleet of mail trucks were made by Northrop Grumman.
The AIRCRAFT company.
They had no business making TRUCKS.

But juicy graft filled government contracts win the day.

I can predict right now, of all the concept vehicles, find the one that is ugliest, least functional, but has the most opportunities for graft... that'll be the one that will win the bid.

>shelve
>singular

S H E L F

>Severed Ties

fucking kek

I dont give a damn how it looks, they just need to make it standard so I can get my hands on some sweet ass government auction LLVs.

I believe the Oshkosh van they're musing over is at least partially electric. I think that would make the most economic sense, especially considering this is long-term planning. The simpler the better.

Agreed. That's been my dream for a while now. I don't have any particular modding in mind, I just really want one. I heard they might just send them straight to scrap instead of auction, which I hope isn't true.

>that mile thick bumper
wew

>spend literally billions of dollars
Thats why, its a fucking racket. Laundering billions of dollars under the banner of "Made in the USA"

the Grumman LLV was one of their best investments in terms of program cost to operational life. not many delivery vehicles on the road today can say they were made from 1987-1994

Fuck you nigger it's a fleet vehicle it's not supposed to be pretty

it's an S-10 with a Grumman body. Also the big reason for it was they had experience with delivery trucks and Aluminum construction.

Can't draw for shit

>when you clear your delivery route on expert in under 5 minutes and unlock the concept art

kill me

it's Oshkosh, they insist on ANGRY FACE OFFROAD MONSTER look on most of their stuff

>lets take an unreliable piece of shit
>and put it in a heavy service position

strip the interior, and drop a 4 pot diesel in the font. give it a 75% throttle limit and it should last for a long time.

>side door poening

Grumman actually made regular old delivery trucks and all kinds of other stuff before being tasked with the LLV.

>Grumman Olson built aluminum truck bodies, known as stepvans. Under the Grumman Olson brand it made the P-600 and P-6800 step vans for UPS.
>Grumman manufactured fire engines under the name Firecat and aerial tower trucks under the Aerialcat name. The company entered the fire apparatus business in 1976 with its purchase of Howe Fire Apparatus and ended operations in 1992.
>Grumman canoes were developed in 1944 as World War II was winding down. Company executive William Hoffman used the company's aircraft aluminum to replace the traditional wood design. The canoes had a reputation for being sturdier, lighter and stronger than their wood counterparts and had a considerable market share. Grumman moved its boat making division to Marathon, New York in 1952.
Outboard Marine Corp. bought the division in 1990 and produced the last Grumman-brand canoe in 1996. Shortly thereafter former Grumman executives formed the Marathon Boat Group to produce the canoes. In 2000 the Group worked out an agreement with Northrop Grumman to sell the canoes using Grumman name and logo.[10][11] The Grumman canoes with its logo are used in the film Deliverance.
>After Grumman took over Howe Fire Apparatus, the fire trucks were rebranded Grumman.
>Grumman sport boat
>Grumman-Flxible 870 transit buses (1978–1982)
>Ben Franklin (PX-15), a science submarine
>Grumman LLV postal vehicle widely used by the United States Postal Service and Canada Post
In 1984 Grumman leased the first superconducting MRI in Manhattan to East River Medical Imaging then known as S-K Magnetic Resonance Imaging, P.C.

not everything is political corruption, take your nightmare goggles off

For consistent, easy training, unified parts pool, all the great things that come with operating only one kind of machine across your entire operation.
UPS has their own special vans too, and they have nothing to do with the US government. The first UPS vans were also built by Grumman before the LLV.

Technically, the USPS is an independent agency and not completely part of the federal government.

dem bumpers tho

Looks like a 2nd gen scion xb from the front

Hans! You dropped something!

>they're actually functional too

How is it considered functional in a cargo vehicle when all it does is increased the footprint of the vehicle while the cargo space (the purpose of the vehicle) stays the same?

It looks like an American conversion of a euro cabover truck.

>using USPS

Hope you like your packages beaten to shit

Utility vehicles are built to work, not to look pretty, you fucking clown.

>We like to take pride in out appearance here in Murrica.
>proceeds to use outdated, wasteful designs with higher running costs because they look pretty
Either your or your entire nation hasn't understood the basic principles of cost return.

>It's ugly.
It's Turkish. It might even be part of the implicit bribe by the american government to Turkey in order to get them to calm down. I'd rather they modernize the LLV and have all competitors submit proposals to modernize the LLV rather than offer more costly replacements that don't have more cargo capacity.

The Turkey Karsan is ugly but functional because the black areas are polymer rubber. A study was made as to places that get damaged a lot and those places received the ugly black rubber coverings.

As others with experience have said, GRAFT is probably a big factor in why all new devices or services are purchased by politicians using taxpayer dollars. Upgrades or contract extensions don't provide opportunity to politicians to have their family and friends wooed by different corporations.

We landed a man on the moon and yuropoors have the AUDACITY to say we're doing it wrong

Shut the fuck up

>Either your or your entire nation hasn't understood the basic principles of cost return.

The smart people have. They take advantage of the nation's stupidity.

>Graft, as understood in American English, is a form of political corruption, being the unscrupulous use of a politician's authority for personal gain.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Name one politician involved in the development and acquisition of the USPS's new trucks, and how that person's relationship with the program will result in kickbacks, because so far you've just thrown around buzzwords with no substantiation. The LLV CANNOT be modernized, it is a massive pile of shit based on an S10 pickup with a detuned Iron Duke. Yes you could give it an electric motor, but it already doesn't have the cargo capacity to deal with the massive increase in parcel delivery, so where will the battery go? Larger, newer, more reliable trucks are necessary.

>German scientists land a man on the Moon using American money half a century ago
>somehow this makes America right about everything

>We landed a man on the moon

German scientists?

Military grade cope right here

So just use an existing van. Tried and tested, r&d already paid for. Like a Ford Transit.

Nissan NV200 ev with the latest LEAF battery pack would have been perfect.

150 mile range means charging it twice a week. Comes in rhd naturally from Japan. Silent and nearly maintenance free operation.

Pretty much all the delivery companies operating in the US use customized vans of some sort. It's easier to build in all the features you want if you make the vehicle from scratch as opposed to modifying an existing one. The USPS probably has specific safety and employee health requirements that these vans fulfill better than a regular production van.

Also, I should note the USPS does use regular panel vans and minivans for delivery in some locations, particularly rural areas that the LLV can't deal with, but I've seen their minivans in the suburbs, probably because they make less ungodly noise than the LLVs.

This is what peak performance looks like

What fucking features? What features does an American mail van have that a Euro van doesn't or can't retrofit? Right hand drive? Just order them that way, they build them like that, too.

we have a shitload of workplace regulations that stipulate how far an employee is safely allowed to bend over to pick up an item, how much they can carry at once and how far, they care about how much the employee has to twist their body to get at packages, so a lot of these vans have swiveling seats and up front storage. Now you could totally put that in a regular van but it would require reengineering of the entire cabin to make it work. It's easier to engineer for stupid rules when you build the machine from scratch.

>USPS doesn't use $80,000, 4 door trucks with 350hp minimum and 1,000lbs payload ratings

Kek their wives must be so embarrassed to go out to dinner in those.

>The AIRCRAFT company.
>They had no business making TRUCKS.

its a fair assumption you have zero understanding of how business works

Mail trucks are loud on purpose so you know when the mail has come. How would you do that with an electric mail truck without having it emit some annoying as fuck alarm noise?

>*right turns in German*

He didn't even get the company right. It's not Northrop Grumman, it's just Grumman. The LLVs were made before the company merged with Northrop, and they have a history of building utility vehicles for fire departments, UPS and USPS, and just regular box vans you can buy yourself, as well as aircraft. He's just another /pol/ conspiritard trying to legitimize his internal narrative.

Maybe just fucking look at the mailbox flag from the window every now and then. Most people are at work when the mail comes anyway.

Why do they need a special snowflake purpose built truck when you can just buy a normal van at a much lower cost? Also that is less aerodynamic than a Brick

Does your mail not come at the same time every day? Lmao

read the fucking thread

>Maybe just fucking look at the mailbox flag from the window every now and then.
Where do you live where they put the flag up after the mail has come.

>Most people are at work when the mail comes anyway.
>not being a stay at home mom

pfft, no, who do you think we are, Japan?

>Let's just take a ford transit and completely fuck it up for no reason other than to waste public money

Government ran anything is a meme holy fuck. It's all just vanity projects

Not only that. As it is an S10 chassis and nearly every working component is from an S10 all you have to do is build a box on top of it.

If you have experience in fuelsalages putting a square box on an existing frame is babby work.

>vanity
>horrifically ugly vehicles built specifically to meet exacting workplace requirements

nah

The primed flag automatically goes up as soon as the box is opened to insert mail.