Car problems?

You haven't given up on your car yet, have you?
Are you close to the edge?

What's going on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/83m71ftgd08
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My 01 Dodge ram died suddenly while driving. Cranks but won't turn over. Put power to the fuel pump and then it will start and run wide open. Think the emc is fucked in it. Also I don't have overdrive do due a mechanical failure to n the transmission. Kill me

Stock head unit's glitching out on my winter beater.
Once the weather gets nicer I'm gonna head to the pick-n-pull to see if I can get a cheap replacement from a newer model.

its just annoying bullshit like a clunking on the many many potholes we have here, a single o2 sensor that reads whatever number it feels like, and a bad transmission that im just gonna throw out soon

'99 Lexus ES300. Bought real cheap. So far we have:
-Three failed ABS sensors
-SRS open circuit in driver door
-O2 sensor wire dragging on ground
-VSS failed after I bought it, speed is 0
-Grinding from front passenger wheel, bearing or maybe rotor?
-Exhaust leak at muffler
-Dude put an undersized battery in it
-Whole thing smells like an ashtray

Have to change the clockspring, change the pads + rotors on all four wheels, diagnose the A/C, and then focus on the cosmetics. Im mostly dreading the brake change because I don't think I can bleed the lines by myself without fucking it up.

The car in question is a newer VW though so I'm wondering if I should just sell it or hold onto it once I finish all the work.

Also have to flush+change the ATF and auto trans filter but I have to put the new ATF in through the hole where the transmission temperature sensor is

My WRX is having the infamous pop out on third gear meme. Not sure if I should prepare to fix the five-speed or start hunting down STIs in junkyards to do a six-speed conversion. Pretty sure my AVCS is acting up but I haven't found time to work on it yet. Pretty sure the turbo is about to blow but I can't afford to replace it until the end of the month. Pretty sure my headers are leaking because I've already replaced the gaskets from the downpipe and turbo-back exhaust and I hear a fluttering noise which is especially bad in enclosed spaces. I feel like my intake manifold has a small crack somewhere but I can't narrow it down (I swapped gaskets and it seems to act more appropriate, but I've just been checking just in case). My right axle is leaking transmission fluid from a shop that did my clutch for me... I haven't had time to go back to them and it's been over a year since I've been there (I found out about the leaking axle seal four months ago, but I've been putting it off).

My girl and I are in it to the end, but she's pissin' me off atm.

Is there another car you've had in mind?
Factor in the possible issues your liable to have with that other car, and see if it's worth it compared to what you have currently.
Bleeding the breaks shouldn't be too hard, this vid is pretty thorough

youtu.be/83m71ftgd08

>Rear suspension badly needs new springs.
>coolant engine ever so slowly leaks out of the system so that I have to refill it once a year when it's all gone.
>AC doesn't work and never will because I have windows.
>Shifter knob pops up and down.
>Only air control options are hurricane and off.
>Clutch somehow changes contact point after a few days. No leaks or anything and brand new clutch slave put in.

everythings fucked but laying it all out w/ prices in order of whats most needed has actually brought purpose in life since I have nothing else worth working for

>You haven't given up on your car yet

2001 honda prelude 160k first car
replaced
starter,timing belt, water/fuel pump,radiator

SS auto burnt to the ground couple days ago, looking into a 5spd swap now. sentimental value is a mother fucker.

>i cant get my car running
dont push me cause im close to the edge; im trying not to lose my head

>be me
>have this piece of shit
>be contractor
>make over 100K a year
>can't get auto loan because contractor
>parents won't cosign because muh Boomer parents did everything on their own in 1956
>stuck with a 8 year old car even tho I made it bros financial status

SAD!

meant to say "an 8 year old car" but I had to change the 7 to an 8 because I realized how old it was

Sudden loss of power at higher (3k) RPMs in some gears. Replacing spark plugs and wires this week to see if that fixes it.
Cat converter vibrating making it sound like shit and causing a knock sound, I want to just make it straight pipe to save some money.
Alignment is fucked and I'm going to try to get that done this weekend.

It's a fucking v6 W/T though so I'm not sure just how much I'm willing to sink in if that doesn't fix it, but so far it's just neglected maintenance.

I have a manual 1mzfe and whenever I floor it the revs go way up to over 5000 and it doesn't increase speed much. The clutch isn't in at all when this happens.

I'm thinking this could be a slipping clutch. Can you diy replace them or do I need to take it to mechanic? how much would it cost? and can you use any clutch for any car?

Your problem is that it's a fucking dodge

front bumper is hanging on by rusty clumps of metal and the front right ABS ring is totally fucking fucked, big time

i can fix both of these problems myself but i'm incredibly lazy and forgetful

My 99 Accord has new problems a month after every time I get something fixed and I'm gonna just kms. This time it's the ABS light, even though I still haven't replaced the headlight with a busted turn signal in it or gotten the power steering taken care of. Fuck this moneyhole

Haven't given up on it yet.

>Please solve my knocking under boost

The brake change is easy, ac is most likely outbof your realm of capabilities. And atf change is also easy. So you don't have much of an issue

>Please solve my knocking under boost
Describe the problem in detail

It's 100% the clutch slipping based on what you describe
Cost depends primarily on the labor, which depends on the vehicle it's in. Assuming Camry? There are 3 generations with the MZ...
Tell me the year, model and I can give you the book labor hours, and retail for parts. That'll get you close. Respectable independent mechanics bill you flat based on book time.

Yeah, just gravity bleed that bitch