Ok, real fuckin talk here

Ok, real fuckin talk here.

I have $2000 to spend.
How can I purchase and import one of these?
Has anyone done this here? is there a company I can put in the middle to do it all for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.shpock.com/i/VdDTYh2nw4J_B6v4/
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=257145454
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=258704900
leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/?th=1&q=twingo&re=1994
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

guys pls

You can't, $2k is not enough to import any car.

How much would it cost in just import?
I can go pick it up at the port myself to save on delivery

you are looking at 2 grand in just shipping dude

Well that's about fine,I can get the car itself for a hundred bucks. If I'm paying for space, not weight, I can also fill it inside with spare parts and bits. but I'd probably have to fly there to do that.

dear retard id like to see where you can find a running twingo for 100 dollars

Twingo is cool and all, BUT no way it's worth paying this much money. I mean, yeah, you will be hyped for a few weeks and there might be one or two Veeky Forumstists you'll meet that will appreaciate your shitbox. But that's really it. In the end you'll feel regret buying it, moreover 0 chances of selling it somewhere else othen than Europe. Zero shared parts, zero target audience, zero demand everywhere in US. Prepare to get stopped by officer every time you encounter them. You're better off buying mint condition Geo Metro or whatever the fuck equivalent US got.

People post listings all the time for that much or so.

Why would I be pulled over if it is imported and registered legally?

The Twingo's biggest selling point in Europe is how ridiculously cheap it is. You'd basically be spending a few grand on memes, parts would all have to be shipped from Europe or south America, although you'd pay almost nothing to fuel the thing and you'd have a goofy little shitbox with a neat interior that can just about hit highway speeds to roll around in.

Sounds fun though.

My intention would be to use it as a long distance camper because it's smol, cheap to fuel, and can be bed.
I was just imagining there would be a company that picks up the car from wherever in Europe and puts it on the boat, like as a service that does this.
And I also imagine that they would sell parts as well, so it wouldn't be too much trouble to fill the car up with complete spare engines, gearboxes, ect. Otherwise, eBay international exists. I buy shit from Latvia all the time for my Mercedes

Europe here. Don't buy a Twingo. They are shit. Nobody here wants one

You are objectively wrong.

France here. You guys are retarded these shitboxes are terrible.

Huh, so trips do lie.

Shh... they are trying to be ironic.

It's not that bad. It's just too old right now.

france here too. you guys are cool these shitboxes are awesome

>he actually bought another
You glorious madman

[spoiler]Why no sunroof[/spoiler]

it's not mine (yet). my best friend who spent the last 2 years making fun of me for driving a twingo just caved in and bought a rare Oasis edition (unique gold paint and interior that looks like sand dunes). it's got every single option except for the sunroof. we installed a t-ec2 E85 kit on it which is awesome, 16 euros for 550 to 600kms to a tank. you literally can't beat that with any other car. i will get one for mine too.

the wheel covers will get thrown in the trash and original ones will get put on this week. apart from that it's immaculate. he paid 340 euros for it. thing even has A/C and electric mirrors.

and here's the shitty mspaint i made/ i'm hounding him to make it happen for this year's nurburgring track day

R A R E

>he paid 340 euros for it

This is incredible.

looks absurdly comfy for such a tiny shitbox

That's not even the toppest trim either. The Initiale had the option of a full leather interior, pic related, and they're still piss easy to find below 1k, even with the 16V engine.
The real challenge is finding one that has that perfect combination of options: 16V engine, leather interior and glass sunroof. Preferably 2003+ so the electric mirrors have body-colored outer caps on them.

you have no idea. the twingo is different from all the other tiny cityboxes in that it can sit 4 tall, fat fucks comfortably. i'm more comfy in my twingo than in many other big sedans.

we have a connection at local dealerships which means we can get trade ins for the price people traded these cars. which is how i paid like 200 bucks for my orange twingo. otherwise that car would go for about 2500 to 3000 euros since it's loaded and low mileage.

i recently bought an immaculate Initiale for a friend's sister on the "regular" market, and i negociated the price to 2200 euros only because it had a dead rear wheel bearing

the "twingos cost 100 euros" meme is false at least for western europe. these cars are highly sought after because they cost literally nothing to run and insure. especially the post 2000 ones which have been redesigned completely and have all modern features like ABS airbags and stuff. you can get 200 to 300 euro twingos but they'll be early ones and will be banged up cause people don't care about them.

Do not buy twingos.

i expected to be able to just plug in the E85 ECU to the injectors, but i ended up having to remove the intake manifold. and to remove the intake manifold, it turns out i had to remove the A/C compressor. took like 4 hours total but was worth it in the end

i always thought Meganes looked kinda neat. Rear looked total ass tho

Are you planning to drive on the Burgerking in your Twingo again?

That's why I am confident I can get one for 1-200 euro. Because it must be model year 93 or older

Coupes and verts had a pretty good ass imo. Then again I'm a sucker for odd taillights and panel lines that line up.

Also a fun side note, it's literally impossible to find a picture of the back of a stock mk1 Megane coupe.

my friend flipped one and ended up in a coma
he's slow now lmao

eh. i dunno

i just fixed the Manta (complete engine rebuild from a new block) so i think i'll take that this year. unless i buy something else before then

i feel like i'm pushing my luck with the twingo, with all the horror stories from this year at the burgerring (people spilling fluids and ending up on the hook for hundreds of thousands) i'm not sure it's a good idea to bring the twingo again as it's not really made to be a race car. i actually can't believe it's lasted this long (my norway trip, 2 trips to the nür and my regular driving like an asshole + lots of other stuff). i've still not had to do a single thing on it apart from regular maintenance. it just passed its inspection last week with flying colors and i couldn't believe it.

The problem is that really pristine 93 Twingos have already been aimed at by collectors and cancerous car flippers ("FUTURE CLASSIC!!!111111 ONLY 5k!!!!!!!!11111) so your chances to find a mint 1993 one for sub 1000 are pretty small, ESPECIALLY remotely from Burgerland. You either need one who will spend time looking for one over the span of weeks or even months, then check it out in person and ship it to you.
If you just blindly remote buy a heap for €200 you WILL be disappointed (or you're okay with fighting rust and do TONS of shit yourself AND having to import at least another one in parts so you always have parts and don't have to import every single tiny detail).

The cheapest ones are probably the 95 to 98 ones. Those are the ones that can be really ok at 300 eurorubels.

i've been looking for a while for a clean 93 twingo. let me tell you, they are RARE. especially if you want the sunroof and a good color.

they're pretty much all beat to shit. you can get one for 200 euros but it'll have a blown head gasket or some other mechanical problem and the body will be beat to shit.

really clean ones go for like 1500 euros.

BTW, take a look at this, i've had my eye on this one cause it's the perfect early twingo IMO. price is good too.

fr.shpock.com/i/VdDTYh2nw4J_B6v4/

Wouldnt it be cheaper to import from south american shithole? car might be more fucked tho

>offer updated in august 2015

On average I think they look rougher than what you can get in France.
You usually have the best luck with German Twingos

It's like $2k minimum to import a car, doesn't cover taxes and fees. Then you won't be able to drive it anyway unless it meets emission and safety standards. If you're in a commie shithole like Cali there's even tougher standards to meet.

Just get a similar car, Suzuki has some shit boxes that look like that.

here's one from the netherlands (I wonder if it was used to transport a street lamp post)

>1993
>€ 895
>100k km

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=257145454

If they sell them in Mexico you can just drive it back. Then again you have to enter the shithole known as Mexico and risk your neck. I almost went down there to get a hilux but Mexico's version looks too much like a cholo lowrider truck for my tastes.

I think something that small can pass emissions. Just register it out of a free state like AZ or TX.

also if any of you amerifags is serious about buying a twingo, i could probably make it happen, just for the fun of it

i could go see/buy the car, and put it in a container at the port du havre.

but $2000 won't cut it. it's probably what it'd cost for the transport and taxes alone.

i'd expect the total cost to be around 5 to 6k usd ? maybe someone who's imported a car from europe can give us an idea of the total cost ? i know how much it costs to import a car from the US to here because my friends have done it (2000 euros), but i don't know how much it'd cost to export to the US

oh fuck, this 1994 one looks fucking good for 850

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=258704900

also if you guys want to check out french ads for early twingos, here's a link to the local craigslist:

leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/?th=1&q=twingo&re=1994

That's fine though. Even if I get one in a bad color and with the engine blown, I can just get another engine easily.

The shell the big bit with the Vin number stuck to it. That's the only piece that matters. If it needs a fender, or an engine, or some paint, oh well, that can come over in a box.

I'm not looking to get the absolute best example of one, because I certainly don't have the money for that. I'm not going to be making it a collector or anything, just a smol car that is happy to be loved again

sunroof is obligatory

[triggered]

>doing 90 in a 50
>having one of the gayest driving position
>being quicker on the horn than the brakes

what a fucking homo

If it's so expensive why not just fly to Europe, buy one, and drive it back?

Yes I know, I mean take a ferry from Russia to Alaska. If they sell them in Russia you're fucking gold, just go to Siberia and pick one up. If they don't, you're going to be driving through all of Russia... I doubt the twingo will make it during winter there.

>implying he won't pay more in gas for driving it rather than just shipping it
>it would also kill ze twingo
top advice

You cannot drive through Russia.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while? Are you on drugs?
Lol. Twingo is a rarity in Russia. Definately you won't find it in Asian part. Russians there drive RHD JDMs mostly

>You cannot drive through Russia.

hold my drivingbeer

For people who are into cars, you sure don't possess the traveller's spirit.

Then have Russia drive through you.

traveller's spirit won't find you a lot of twingos to buy in russia

Buy in Europe. Drive through Russia. When you return, study reading comprehension.

JUST STOP

if you're going to import a twingo, you better import the best fucking twingo on sale. Repairing the thing will cost you $$$$$$$$

actually parts can be bought from european ebay and are really, really cheap.

sure you'll have to pay for shipping but it's not gonna be too expensive unless you need something heavy like a whole new engine (which you won't cause they last forever)