Buying old cars

What do you guys think of buying cars that are over 10 years old?
I need to buy a new car since i'm giving my '10 civic to my sister and I was looking into this civic. I like how it looks, but it's fairly old. Should I just look for something more new?

why are you giving away your car? i wouldn't buy pic related. shitty mods mean shitty boyracer owners

I'm not buying pic related, just a base model of a 05 civic.
I'm giving it away because my sister needs a car.

post your local craigslist

10 years isn't as bad as it used to be, just make sure you can get as much service history on the car as you can.
I think in general cars are aging much better. A car from the early 00s or even late 90s can still feel pretty solid and contemporary. Whereas there was a huge jump from 80s/early 90s to the 00s.

>giving the 2010 to your sister
>buying a base '05 for yourself

That's a pretty cuck move, senpai.

Maybe his sister gives really good head

are you mexican?

His parents are probably telling him he has to share the car with his little sister who just got her license. Op is upset and deciding to sack up and buy his own car...

She needs one for school, but I am now wondering why I should be the one to buy a new car.

A 10 year old car is a lot better than it used to be, depending on the make. Honda's are pretty much all fine, but some other makes less so. For instance, Mazda's of that era are very prone to rust. Subaru's of that era likely have headgasket issues. Chevy's of that era suck.

Now the big thing I'd advise looking for is something with stability control. Not all 10 year old cars have it, but it will statistically reduce your chance of being in a serious accident by 33%.

In all honesty, at that age range I'd try and grab a Matrix/Vibe. If you want a safe, practical, reliable car you can do a lot worse. That said, most people don't share my bizarre love of wagons.

just buy a car and give it to her

You buy cars that are less than 10 years old? If you buy based on year and milage just lease (don't), if not buy for the car, not for the line items of year/miles/condition.
You have to drive this thing after all.

>I'm giving it away because my sister needs a car.
And that is your problem because?
If you bought your current car with your own money then you have no obligation to give it to your sister just because she needs one.

Typical white person. So greedy.

Not everyone is a communist slavic mutt like you

Same about fucking old cunts like your mother.

Is this English?

So you don’t deny being greedy. Typical white person.

Nigrish

Not at all since I'm not a cuck. Move to cuba or some other commie hellhole if you don't like it

Buy it, if:
-The chassis is completely rustfree and there were no major accidents
-It has a full service history with proof
Instantly start with a high quality underbody coaring to prevent future rustings. 99% of japanese NA petrol engines are undestroyable. If it is a manual you will most likely only have to change fluids, brakepads, maybe some cheap parts. At the age of 10 plastic and rubber parts won't fall apart, it only starts after 15 years. If it is automatic, if it breaks it can cost half of the cars value. I have a 2004 Mazda6 diesel(EU), I bought it when it was 10. Now it starts to have more expensive problems, I don't know if Ishould keep it or sell it.

shut the fuck up faggot
Keep your civic OP