/scoot/ Scooters 'n' Stuff

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

>Post Your Scoot
>Enjoy Your Hobby
>Mopeds Allowed

Whats the farthest you've ridden?

I almost died on a piaggio lmao

Just picked up this honda elite 2 weeks ago. Never had a bike before and it came in non running condition. Got the electrical working, and I'm rebuilding the carb this second while cleaning the fuel tank, cooling system, and doing body work on it. Dont think Ill have to tap into the engine, it only has 2k miles on it. No rides yet but they're soon to come

YES i love these fucking things
literally the aw11 MR2 of motorcycles. pop-ups and everything

I've since given it away, but I found this '84 Spree for $150. It didn't run and I never got around to being able to work on it.

Finally

Damn I'm jealous, have you seen the choppers people have been making out of old Cubs?

Not on the road. Though I've seen some 2 stroke cub looking things and some Honda monkeys. I want to get rid of it but every time I ride it, it puts a smile on my face.

I would love a cub, there's that Ed March guy going all over the world on his

my """bike""" is not a real bike and it is not a svooter either, im stuck in an endless void of nothingness, all alone...
pls halp... embrace me /scoot/

Grom clone?
Hey youre good as long as you arent the one of those fucks who ruin scooter rides and meets by pulling wheelies and stuff

titan160

Ruckus reporting

my br/o/ther

any cunts with an aprilia sr50 ditech? need some advice on this snowflake

50cc chinkshit rider here, I always feel "stuck between two worlds" because smug bigboys on their 600+ bikes almost never greet me, altough because my ride looks more serious than it is most riders do. Scootfags never wave back though...

I plan to move back into the city and swap my bike to this, do you have any experience to share?

Are you gay?
Are you a girl?
Are you poor?
No?
Why are you riding a scooter, then?

The funny thing is I also own an aw11, Ive got those early 80s aesthetics in full motion.
I've never worker on a bike before but these things are very straight forward. I say get another one for cheap and join the scoot scoot club. I picked up mine for 250$ and ive spent about 60$ on it in parts and paint and 25$ on a battery/price to deliver it to my gfs house

Was included in my car license.

They're fun

Why be this insecure? No one likes someone who isnt confident and a shitposter

since its a direct injection system its going to use like 2l/100km, however it can be far more fucky than a normal carb engine, also to the extent of my knowledge there has never been a ditech with factory kickstart so if your starter fails you're fucked

the biggest pro is the gas mileage youre gonna get and that sweet two stroke power, but you have to keep in mind that youre pretty much driving the citroen xm of scooters

thats just my experience though, ive owned a 15yr old ditech for about a year now and ive went through two starters and a battery, prolly an electrical issue though

I'm saving up for a new scooter. Riding a chinkshit 150 that's 10 years old and barely still in one piece (but amazingly runs fine).

Had the thought I'd be looking for a used Japanese scooter but over the past year I've come to know a lot about how these chinese bikes work and appreciated the simplicity of service and inexpensive availability of parts. Am I nuts to think about buying a new chinese scooter?

>so if your starter fails you're fucked
always carry a power drill

Just put it in second gear, hold clutch, push it and let go of the clutch. I always start my 50 year old scoot like that.

I have a first gen yellow rucks and a white zuma 125. Love them both, though I sometimes resent the ruckus because my gf likes to ride it now that I taught her how instead of on the back of the zuma with me :'(

>taught her how

What is there to teach about riding a scooter other than traffic laws?

I take it on regular 8 mile rides to my University and back. Paid $250 for it non-running w/1800mi, now sitting pretty in my driveway with 5200 on the clock and a fresh oil change. Keeps surprising me on how much shit it'll put up with.

how to lean and use a throttle. it takes getting used to if you have zero idea how it's supposed to work

I mean, I'm still a card carrying member of the scoot scoot club. I'm and I've had this particular ruckus for a little over a year now. After I brought the Spree home my car decided to die so I had to get a new car instead of work on a second scooter

OK dudes, How many of you listen to music while you scoot?
If you do, I STRONGLY suggest listening to Mario Kart music while riding around town, nothing beats it

Are whizzers allowed?

That belt right next to where your leg would be looks sketchy...