/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #197

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Open Beta for 2.4 is up soon, you should be able to access it through launcher if you're a PC player.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you specifically want to buy Ben more eyeballs(and cheese), finance Sandi's dreams of being a C grade actor, fuel Chris's cocaine habit and send Erin and Brian into crippling inescapable depression.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
unity

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7bCVKjce8iU
youtu.be/yxpW2ltDNow
youtube.com/watch?v=9MNFWhCw8dg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_temperaments
youtube.com/watch?v=L-TS2bHvsNI
youtu.be/fmF3tTeEaZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for SC never ever

Just check the forums.
I remember some devs gave us answers in a thread a couple of month ago.
I think it was in late June or something.

They didnt explicit tell us that all of those 3 where scrapped, but they are not in the plans at the moment and maybe not for many years because of how the game engine and netcode turned out.

Vanguard a shit

3.0 soon

SQ42 when?

Its the reason I pledged :(

*empties your wallet*

>2017
>asking "when"
We should be happy if it even releases late 2018 at this pace and level of ship sale autism

Just 2 more days until we'll see an increase in bugs discovered and a decrease in bugs fixed.

3.0 Februaru 2018! I called it

They turned down dx12 in favor of Vulcan just so they can support Linux.

Yes, but that still doesnt mean Linux support will happen within the next 5 years.

CIG have a ton of other useless shit they want to add to justify the time.

Chris aint interested in Linux.

He wants ships and flashy unimportant stuff like FOIP.

>Erin saying they want to show S42 at CitCon and still aim to release it this year
S-sure

Linux

Most likely no releases this year.

I feel bad for Erin who said they expected to give us 2-3 major releases this year.

WwwwwWhat!? fucking Erin said that at gaymesCON???

Just Verse my shit up.

my face if Erin loses his shit over his broder and bails the project

brother*

Seconded.
If Erin did leave the SC project then that's a definite sign of how shitty things are going.

He said it in an interview he gave with some German youtube channel at Gamescom.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bCVKjce8iU

Beta 3 of 2.4 is available for Elite Dangerous.

What do you guys think will come first, Elite 3.0 or Star Citizen 3.0?

Word of Warcraft 3

X4

i cum first tehe xd

Half-life 3

>implying either will.
You think ED is dead now, wait until they kill Quince for good. The only thing that saved most people last time was Quince not actually being broken. When the best you can manage is a few mil per hour for the 3 billion it takes to have a murderconda, nobody but barely functioning autists will do that shit. As widespread as autism is here, there just isn't enough people in the general population that deep into the spectrum to support the game own its own.

I don't understand Quince for noobs. It's like you start a new game and the first thing you do is grind for a week to get every ship and you're top imperial rank.

Even for longer term players repeating those same missions over and over just doesnt seem worth it.

If anything it's just created a small boom in players who most will likely quit due to having nothing to work for and no real connection to the game itself.

>cultists talking about ships for their nogame
>dads grinding for anacondas again
>nms owners still in denial

what a terrible thread

Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those JPEGS will be lost, in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

That's not the Erin I know.
It's not like him to be like his brother Croberts who would fucking spoon-feed gutter-trash to his backers by hand if that were gpmma make as good money as selling jpegs.

Even SC will manage 3.0 before ED will. I doubt Fdev even has a plan for what feature they could add to get people to cough up for another season pass dlc.

That's easy to explain. Making money isn't gameplay, no matter how you do it. Once you stop playing the game to do a repetitive task to earn money, you aren't playing the game, you are earning money to hit an objective.
Redirecting what you play in game to line up with making money is an alternative, but fucking paltry gains compared to dedicating yourself to getting money out of the way of what you want.
It's not any different than speedrunning WoW to max level. That can be done in under 2 weeks, easily. Getting a A rated conda is just the beginning. There are still hundreds of hours to get it to 10/10ths and fit your style after you choose a few wrong loadouts, THEN you can actually start playing the game.

>nogame
>noships or content
>not worth playing or talking about

Yet we are still in the greatest era for space simulators.

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Hello games is fun

gpmma ~ gonna

I really feel like it's a totally different school of "gamer". I never understood the concept of hammering to max level to "start" playing the game but then again I never got into Mmo games. I guess I'm just too casual or something.

My computer literally refuses to launch nms after I finished the big questline and reached the center of the Galaxy. I choose to believe this means I beat the game.

The game is fun. If it's not fun, why bother?

Depends on the game, sometimes its not max level, it's just reaching what ever is the point where there are no more "you must be this tall to ride" signs locking off the game's content.

youtu.be/yxpW2ltDNow

This helps explain who game devs are targetting.

Fair enough, that's a lot of work to just grind out, but to each their own.

I'm almost triple elite anyway, decent ranks too and every engineer done except 2 (one I need elite and the other is useless) so I still have a chunk of "work" to do to get the big faction ships, but I don't mind.

Theyll probably just release the next major patch(after 2.4) as 3.0 anyway and sell the next chunks as individual DLC.

Space legs and atmospheric landings is all they have that people are shouting for anyway, that and content. And unless they're going to change style and start charging real money for ships (they might since horizons has exclusives) I can't really see much either.

I'll still buy a season pass or whatever, because I'm hooked to the grind and invested too many hours already.

>extra credits
kys

I wish I had haters like that, holy shit. Show us on the jpeg where the youtube man touched you.

they're pretty much flat out wrong about almost everything they say

if you want to make games, always do the opposite of what EC says

Just gave it a look, makes sense but then again if you were applying that video to how I've been playing elite, I'd be almost a square on the chart. Either the games designed that way, or Im autistic enough to play that way without realizing. I'm guessing it's more game design than me being special

They post opinion pieces. Ofc it isn't going to work for everyone. Not only are you free to disagree, but you would be much less of a faggot if you to actually have a fucking spine and debate the topic you disagree with instead of memeing for attention.
They give a book report on Bartle's Taxonomy. I was just pointing out to the other user that he was not casual for not wanting to grind, different personality types have different goals. Is there something about that you don't like?

you're a fucking retard, dad
elite is and has always been about the building up part

when you have the most expensive ship and the highest rating, the game is effectively over. it's called "elite" for a reason. the rating is a goal to strive for.

it is not the beginning, it's the end. and you should go back to shitting up wow instead of giving harmful advice that will make people grind the fun away.

youtube.com/watch?v=9MNFWhCw8dg

none of those personality types are desirable. they're all on some kind extreme and need meds. all of them are high on some kind of extrinsic factor and are just there to shit up the game.

it's based on a shitty early mud, which is for faggots.

once you get rid of them or minimize their presence you can start having people who enjoy games intrinisically play.

>when you have the most expensive ship and the highest rating, the game is effectively over.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, user. That is literally the most dad thing I've seen in several threads. You're gonna tell me a Asp is all I need next, right?

what are you gonna do with your maxed out anaconda you fucking retard? you've put 800+ hours into the game doing shitty repetitive boring tasks. so now you're completely burned out and you discover that "there's nothing to do" and you quit and cry like a baby. because you're retarded

you skipped all the actual gameplay with your exploits and grinding. the real gameplay are all the activities you do to progress in the game. your progress being the money and the ships you can buy for them. you should do things that are fun, and enjoy getting to the next milestone, not grind until the "endgame", then quit and call the game shit for having no "endgame"

the grind is literally all in your head

>even the toilet paper in cig office is hexagons

>none of those personality types are desirable.
Dude, all that is left after those is sociopath. You really need to fucking chill for a second and realize that it is a problem if you see the 4 major personality types and hate all of them because you are projecting yourself on to it and hate what you see. Those are only descriptors, and not representative of actual people. If you see a part that resonates with you, that doesn't mean that you are automatically that person and trapped in that description forever. The other user said he would be a square on the chart. I think most well rounded people would be. The question is where the center of your square is.

>what are you gonna do with your maxed out anaconda
Whatever the fuck I want.

looks like an octagon to me

What exactly is happening in Quince?

It's too far for me to explore just yet.

no actually whats left is mentally stable people who don't need games to validate themselves in some way, but can enjoy them for what they are.

I think you're the one projecting here. I don't have a need to do any of those things.

They would have made it hexagons, but the toilet paper company can't deliver that kind of fidelity.
CIG will probably buy a toilet paper production company and refactor the fuck out them to fix this.
Youtube "down to earth astronomy quince"
>tells me to kill myself
>tells me he doesn't need this shit
What? I was replying to another user and you had to jump in and show off your autism for what reason?

The only reason that people play doctors in ss13 is in hopes of murdering someone while maintaining a plausible excuse for why they're at the crime scene, are covered in the victim's blood, and the victim's corpse is covered in forensic evidence pointing towards them. That and having access to the very best medical supplies for their own selfish consumption.

The only time they actually help other players is when they leave a few first aid kits in the waiting room or drag warm corpses over to the geneticist for cloning.

The only reason that the geneticist helps people is because the cloning process is an extraordinarily simple affair that is a small price to pay in an exchange for an opportunity to pursue his true goal, mutating himself in an unstoppable cross between the incredible Hulk and professor X.

Probably the last safe credit exploit.

Apparently it's a bunch of shit you scan with a lander equipped swidewinder, then kill your self to turn in data quicker, then repeat the process getting tons of cash and emp rank in the process, I think.

The mission board was typically generating planet scan missions from only a single planet.

You'd stock up on missions, goto the planet, find the spot and scan the one beacon. Then every mission would count as complete.

Blow yourself up and respawn in base and you keep the mission data. Turn in and you just earned like 5 or so million, a bunch of materials and cargo, rank and faction rep

Also I think the scans would trigger for every commander in the instance too. Plus something about passengers not caring what beacon you scan in a system.

Now it's partly fixed, but it's a little more tricky

Idk who's who, but, there's 4 main personality types of people in general anyway. The user who said sociopath is the 5th is probably correct.

Tmnt, sex and the city, l4d,
Blood, piss, shit, bile
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_temperaments

youtube.com/watch?v=L-TS2bHvsNI

The ORG Of ONES Who CONSORT With BEASTS !

Because there was an user asking in the last thread. This is the newest version I could find.

The link is dead.What's going on?

Clearly the Explorer are the superior race, only we care about complex gameplay mechanics whereas the other caste can be pathetically fooled by half-assed trick, a scoreboard for achievers, any social gimick for those entertaining fools or a lazy lack of anti-griefing mechanics to attract psychopathic killer.

As you see, only the Explorer master race will be picky and ask designer to step up their game with more sophisticated everything (be it sophisticated murder, difficult achievement or constructive cooperative/social gameplay)
We are the force pushing video game toward greater place.

I'm not joking, that's why the Carrack will be best ship

>plays eve,elite,nms
>"discovers" procedurally generated trash over and over agin
>we wuz master race

ive got no idea what im reading

You're reading an upgrade path tree for ship in elite dangerous. I don't play elite and don't own it, and even I know that just from being in proximity for so long.

>tfw I am almost desperate enough to buy E:D
after 4 years of refusing due to early shillery and dislike for both its flight model and ship style. Almost. I'm still pretty sure it's actually a terrible job-sim and not game though. I don't mind grindy gameplay but the idea of economic stuff being nerfed for being too profitable enrages me.

Those game wouldn't exist if they were made by explorer, they would have be pruned for not having real gameplay or enough content
I say that as someone who would run through a fucking procedural empty desert so long as there's survival or navigation gameplay

get people to play with and you'll enjoy it. sale is almost over mate. time to decide

it's not "economic stuff" it's literally a glitch

the things that are supposed to be profitable were never nerfed, in fact I think they still have a problem with rare trading being disproportionally profitable compared to everything else

>I'm still pretty sure it's actually a terrible job-sim and not game though
>I am almost desperate enough to buy E:D
The state of space games desu

youtu.be/fmF3tTeEaZQ

New Bugsmashers.

There needs to be another infograph highlight which ships would be better for each circumstance.

You wouldn't pick the Asp Explorer over the Diamondback Explore for traveling since the Diamond has the further range in the game.

Stop reposting the same images, you shit. Some of us have memories that extend beyond the last time roberto promised something.

E:D is only a job simulator if you make it one. You can have fun with the cheaper ships. I expect SC to be the same.

Oh my fucking god!

I just realised that Roberto-san is going to be the next Sean Murray when SC collapses as hard as NMS.

BUT, this is if it gets released and not going away as vaporware after 6 more months of 3.0 delays.

It's supposed to be a quick and easy guide over which ships do what, and how much their baseline cost is. If the person reading it has a kernel of sense to him he'd read up on the different ships before making a final decision.

they should make a show called "game releasers"

That's a relatively recent change though and the infographic probably predates it.

I'll take some more when I get home :^)

>hurr durr

>only the person in the turret can use the weapons

Cutlassfags on suicide watch

>After consultation with CIG we deleted our last video, because there has been wrong information included. Correction and reupload will follow tomorrow.

This has been the way it is for a long time, and they've been saying that was gonna be the way it worked out all along.

t. Cutlassfag

The carrack is such a nice looking ship.

FAT

I think I'd actually whale out for a 2012 style hornet at this point. the new one is incredibly ugly.

I wouldn't. Old hornet looks about as detailed and hi-polly as a Freelancer ship.

Personally don't think much of the design anyway, but at least the new one looks good.

>S3 wing mounts on the Gladius now
So what got nerfed in return?

Congratulations to gladius-shitter-kun who whined so much his tears reached the desk of Chris Roberts.

GG on your weapon upgrades.

Anyone played Starway Fleet?
Supposedly it's like wing commander

It's compensation for Chris fucking with the cockpit layout.

>post millenial who never played actual early 2000's games

My favourite dogfighting spaceship is Starlancer's Reaper Heavy fighter.

Its a long-needed change, I hope they nerf its hp to compensate (and not fuck with agility).

thanks, slobbering-hornet-retard-chan, i couldn't have done it without you