Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7m7CiUUNwY
prerunnermaniac.
ford.
toyota.
toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70/specifications/troop-carrier-gxl
fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2016/2016F150_Technical Specs_SB.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not all ameritard trucks are poser shit.

but most are

The % is about the same, there's just a massive amount of trucks in america.

>another car worth of mods on an 8k EFF ONE FIDDY so you can go over dirt roads in socal at a moderate speed for an hour on weekends before it gets boring
>not posing

In all honesty if we've being this general, the vast majority of modified vehicles on public roads are absolutely clownish.

Visited US couple of years ago and I haven't seen single one of those cool long travel suspension trucks.

Don't know what the deal about that but obviously that shit is very expensive even for Americans.

Didn't really pay attention to it but most truck just had shitty block spacers in the rear or leaf springs with impossible arches - shit that would never pass any inspection in yurop.

Can't imagine what ride feels like with U shaped spring pack.

>70 series LC
>driving the lada riva of 4x4s

"Tons of us drive expensive trucks" is a meme perpetuated by Americans online to make their wealth-divided, increasingly impoverished country look richer, just like "tons of us have project cars", "tons of us have boats", "tons of us have campers" and "tons of us have offroad toys".

>The virgin minmax vs the Chad comfort.
Said this in your last thread.
Keking from the shitters m8.

>america

Cool Toyota truck for 16th birthday from parents.

RZR, waverunner after getting first paycheck.

>people have things and it makes me butthurt
I dont think you foreigners mean to come off as jealous favela squatters but thats exactly how you sound

Basically proving my point.

>people have things

Not op but I'm slav and I have problem with such huge differences in wealth. Always find interesting how hamburgers are peacefully conditioned with such great success in just accepting this like some law of nature.

Must be commie genes are still stronk in me.

But I still get hardon from length of suspension stroke you Americans can get on properly built trucks.

>adding more weight to an already heavy vehicle

that front end adds several hundred pounds in Horizon 3

>Horizon 3

screw IFS, I love me solid axles for tearing it up!

>Video game translating perfectly with life.

post the Toyota with the teeth
you know the one

That's what I find so annoying about them. There's rarely a really built one around me. It's just:
Straight pipe is so it makes noise
Cheaply lift it so it's tall
LED conversion so it's blinding

Hardly anybody goes "prerunner style" it's always "brotruck" style aka 10 inches of lift on sub 30'' tires.

Ehhh they're usually fags but at least they drive fast. Much better than fags that slam their cars to the point of doing 0.5mph over railway crossings.

that looks fuckin slick

The thing I noticed during my stay was the different approach to what makes an "offroad truck"

Note; this was Texas

USA
>way bigger trucks
>double-digit inch lifts
>no modification made to wheelarches
>mud tires with little profile, wheels themselves huge and shiny
>tires sticking a good foot outside the body
>straight pipes

Europe
>smaller trucks, two-door SUVs
>usually 2-4 inch lifting
>wheelarches usually cut to make room for tires
>tiny wheels (15 usually, 17 on newer stuff, very rarely see anything bigger)
>fat fucking tires
>very few people run with tires sticking outside of wheelarches, most will have fender flares
>cars usually modified in such a way that it can be relatively quickly put back to stock to pass inspection

The lift thing is what is the biggest difference. It seems that in the US they put on these gigantic lift kits so that they dont have to modify the wheelarches, while also making the truck look bigger/more intimidating - even if it takes a real toll on the handling geometry

fuk u toyota for getting rid of the xtracabs. i actually want to recreate this thing.

So, the point to the lift and big tires (people who actually use it and not just mall crawl with it) is muddin'.

The lift both keeps you out of the water and keeps the amount of your vehicle that can rub on the mud itself (which is what will stop you) minimal.

It's not what anyone who has bothered thinking about it for more than a few seconds would consider proper offroading, but is fun as hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=n7m7CiUUNwY

For some more videos search youtube for "bounty hole".

Proper offroad vehicles over here are often exactly as you describe. Jeeps, Tacomas, Samurais, Scouts, Broncos, whatever the name of the old Nissan pickup, S10s, Rangers, and the like are the usual basis for these builds and most people think of them as their hunting rig. It'll actually be set up to navigate rough terrain, get around in tighter trails, go through the woods, etc.

That said, full sized trucks are a status symbol in many parts of the US and doing stupid and expensive mods to the stupidly expensive full sized truck just make it that much more statusy.

>grins in europoorian

I did consider mudding to be a big factor, but for some reason I cant understand why folks would wanna do that with 36 inch mud terrain (not even a "tough" mud tire) on a 22 inch wheel... would those be the poser-trucks?

my neighbor/mechanic almost convinced me to go with 35's on 18" wheels.. i went with 33's on 17" because i was scared i might look like a poser after a wash

>constantly posting rohnny dahl's land cruiser in an effort to compare austrailian over land/offroad vehicles to american ones
>your trucks wouldnt even make it through moab with your largest lift and biggest tire
>off the lot american trucks can smash through moab with the most basic shit tier lift and half decent tires
>and still be $25,000 cheaper than your factory land cruiser.

Most people who actually go mudding run 33s on 17in rims and aren't shiny (not necessarily dirty but they haven't polished the undercarriage)

>but for some reason I cant understand why folks would wanna do that with 36 inch mud terrain (not even a "tough" mud tire) on a 22 inch wheel... would those be the poser-trucks?
Usually, yeah. Or, being fair, sometimes it's someone who uses it as a daily driver too and has a set of mud tires that they swap on when they go out...but yeah, usually it's just the look of the thing.

Are 17" wheels the most common there? If so; is it due to being the smallest size that fits over most brakes on US trucks?

Here 15" is most common up to about 2010 where most trucks & SUV brakes were made big enough to warrant 17"

Can yuropoors even flex?

up in canada I see a lot of 15 or 16 inch rims running 31's to 35's, 15 and 16 inch steelies are pretty cheap from the junk yard and you can paint them and they'll look close to new. Having a large tire with a huge rim and very little sidewall is stupid, especially if you plan on doing any sort of offroading.

17" is a pretty standard for full sized (half ton) trucks and most suvs

depends, most trucks and suvs are 16"+, my stock wheel size is 17" (wrangler)

i'm also a leaf, i could have gone with 16" steelies but i went with 17" alloys cause it's also a DD and i wanna swap the wheels to the next jeep i get. steelies turn orange in minutes cause of road salt

Currently you can get from the dealer an F150 with 17 through 22" rims.

>Having a large tire with a huge rim and very little sidewall is stupid

It looks ridiculous too. Thick, wide, chunky tires are gorgeous on an suv, unless you're driving a sport suv like an X6 that will never see more than pavement

agreed

most common setup for dodge rams is 20" (when theyre not work trucks)

Ugh... I saw an X6 again today. Made me throw up a little

kek@the range rover casually strolling by

Kinda along the same lines, it annoys the fuck out of me that the Colorado/Canyon is essentially the same size that a 1500 was a decade ago.

What the fuck have you done with your steering tie rod?

>virgin lifted 4x4 straight body with a tune
>chad rwd hauler with injectors and a turbo

Might as well post my question in this thread. Are any of the new American full-size trucks worth getting as an offroader or should I only look at new mid-size and older full size models. Asking since I want a decent offroader out of the box and I'm worried new full-size trucks will be too bulky even with a regular cab to do any serious off trail work. I'm I being dumb or is it a valid concern?

same thing with the tacoma/tundra, how a crew cab tundra in the early to mid-00s is the same size as a new tacoma. every single category of vehicle has become pigfat

it's a valid concern, since most new full-size trucks are ironically not at all offroad-ready. Your best bet, if it's not a DD, is to pick up an older 1500 and tailor it to your needs

Then again if it is a DD, go for any offroad packages, i.e. rubicon, fx4, trd, zr2,etc.

Jesus, I didn't realize it hit them...you don't see Tacos where I'm at and I don't look for them because of the ridiculous prices they go for used.

>99
>500,000 miles
>half the bed rusted out
>SR5
>$10,000
Since you refer to Americans that means you almost definitely live in a place you can buy a Hilux.

Buy the Hilux.

The current gen of trucks are pretty solid and you can definitely get some good offroad capable packages, but they are BIG. Go look up the dimensions.

Oh, when I say off road capable, I mean they can climb over stuff and not get stuck in stuff like mud. Being able to get up little ass trails with tight turns? No.

Pre runner style long travel kits can cost upwards of 5-15k, while a good coilover lift can be at most 5k

there was an 01 crew-cab taco with 180k miles for $15k in my area

>most new full-size trucks are ironically not at all offroad-ready.
They're more than capable enough stock with a locking diff and maybe some aggressive tires. A slight lift will get you most places you need to ever get to with a truck. If you need more than that there's a lot of fun toys that will do the job better and be more fun.

If you're doing "little ass trails" you should be using something little like a side by side or a quad/dirt bike. That or don't be a pussy and put some battle scars on her, they're just branches.

That and they usually need extensive fabrication. Though if people didn't spend $3600 on Rigid bars alone they could put a little more into suspension and shit.

>yfw they parked it crooked in the garage because its product placement.

>Posts literal poser shit

Why would you buy a hauling rig for offroading? Have you ever actually tried fitting that school bus on an ungrated path?

I actually am American. I guess I should have said "domestic".
It would have to be a DD. I can't afford two trucks/cars atm. I just need something that won't shit itself trying to move through rough terrain. For anything really tight and technical I would just walk or use a dirt bike.

thats an f150 you retarded abo

...that's his point.

>muddin
The only purpose of mudding is to get mud all over your car so you can look cool parking it at the grocery store and getting out. People without country fetishes just use logic and go around the water.

>a half tonne
>hauling rig
perhaps in australia half tonnes are considered tow rigs, but in America, 3/4 tonne's and 1 tonnes are what are more commonly used as tow rigs for anything over 2000lbs.

MCFLY!

Nope, the purpose is to prevent hitting trees while you're drunk off your ass and fucking around.

An F150 is rated from 5k to 8k pounds (2.5 tons to 4 tons), and is a HUGE truck as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. It's physically too large for most trails you'd use a prerunner type setup for.

>posts poser shit

Why do Americans lack self awareness?

Look into things like the RAV4s, Subarus, or VW alltrack. All the above share the "lifted wagon" mindset, with the exception being the RAV4. It's closer to a true ute/suv. The alltrack isn't good for rocky terrain, and the Germans don't believe in making it easy to throw a lift kit on. With japcrap you can throw a $150 lift kit on any of their AWD models, then throw some decent AT tires on them, and you've got a decently formidable adventure vehicle.

Don't bother with body on frame designs these days. They're all massive (literally) piles of gas sucking garbage, the exception being the Wrangler but that's a Chrysler POS. I really hope when Ford brings back the ranger it's actually like the old ranger, and isn't a """midsize""" (aka an XXL truck 10 years ago) monstrosity.

technically a suspension lift doesnt give you true lift in terms of ground clearance, thats the tires job, but larger lifts means you can put larger tires on without having to hack away half the fender, on top of articulating over obstacles such as rocks, tree stumps, hondas, and what not. But most american knows this

Those all cost as much as a mall crawler, The Subaru will manage to get worse mileage.

Find a Vehicross and lift it.
Live in the future we thought we'd have in 2000.

Horses for courses.

My yank tank does terribly in the jungle simply because it is too heavy even for its 285/75R17 tires that it just fucking sinks all the time and because it is that much broader than any jap 4x4 mean that I have to cut down more trees just to get them to the site. It has its plusses but my sidekick does offroading better despite its babby 215/65/16 road tires

That said Ronny Dahl's cruiser is definitely a toy similar to a brodozer some guy takes to the Moab once every three months if he remembers to keep up appearances when Mrs. Buckét reminds him.

all the pre runner trucks you see competing in dacar, and other such races are the same size if not larger than the f150 you are attempting to shit on.

I get that you see an f150 FUKIN YUGE M8 but the f150 in america is fairly unsubstantial as opposed to their 3/4 tonne and 1 tonne counterparts. the f150 and 70 series land cruisers arent that much different in terms of overall size.

Basic 2018 f150 xlt 4dr 4x4 style side with a 6 1/2 foot bed:
Overall length - 209.3 in.
Cab height - 76.9 in.
Overall Width - 96.8 in.

2018 LandCruiser 70 Double Cab Chassis GXL:
Overall Height - 76 31/32 inches
Overall Length - 205 29/32 inches
Overall Width - 73 5/8 inches

>all the pre runner trucks you see competing in dacar, and other such races are the same size if not larger than the f150 you are attempting to shit on
got a source on that?
Also worth noting the width on the Landcruiser you've quoted is the flatbed tray width which is less susceptible to bush damage. In reality the cab is almost 4" narrower making styleside, troop carrier and wagon versions closer to a typical midsize pickup.

i'd like to get a sidekick, samurai, or something similar for hunting, get a 3/4 tonne diesel and a 20ft deck over trailer, 8ft have a camper in the bed and an 8ft camper on the trailer with a samurai or 2 on the back, you and 4 or 5 friends can go out and set up camp, have enough sleeping space for everyone comfortably and have an extremely capable hunting rig thats reliable and can be fixed with a rock, a stick, and strips of tree bark (pic related is an example). I actually almost bought 3 of them when I was looking to buy a truck, but one had a good engine and a bad transmission, one had a bad engine and a good transmission, and the other was modified a bit but had a blow trans and engine, at that time, and still a little now, i had very little knowledge on how to do all of that stuff, plus the lack of space to do it.

prerunnermaniac. com/prerunners/prerunner-tech/item/351-pro2-vs-trophy-truck-what-makes-them-different/351-pro2-vs-trophy-truck-what-makes-them-different. html
half way down the page, it lists the specific specs of pro2 and trophy trucks ( is an example of a trophy truck) go ctrl f - width.

i grabbed two similarly speced trucks, 4 door truck, 4x4, think the bed on the f150 is a bit larger as i cant seem to find the "tray" or "box" dimensions on the toyota au site but regardless, similarly specced none the less.

the measurements i used came directly from the ford and toyota sites

i should also mention that the f150 in the picture is more than likely a 2004 to 2005, im going to say its a 2004 heritage based on the headlights, at that time the dimensions were
Overall Length - 224in
Overall Height - 75.5in
Overall Width - 78.9in

23 inches "isn't much bigger"

you talking about your waist you fat americunt?

The land cruiser 70 4 door will have a 4.5' bed.

Which makes your figures interesting since, according to them, an F150 4 door with a 6.5' bed is almost the same length as a landcruiser 70 4 door with a 4.5' bed.

I have had my ram 4 door 6.5 foot bed parked up next to a troop carrier ambulance 70 series recently and you could see the ram was a couple feet longer. Not to mention significantly wider.

The most noticeable difference is that my fuck truck has a 1,700 lbs payload and the troop carrier had a 2,400 lbs payload (we have to have our load ratings printed on the side of vehicles registered for work even if they are never checked)

just add 11.5inchs or 29.21cm on either side of your basic 70 series land cruiser and knock off close to $30,000 USD

the f150 i specced out is $39,865 USD or $51,217.98 AUD, the land cruiser i specced out is $86,354 AUD which is $67,215.36 USD

Ranger is best truck.

That's because that poster is an idiot. The 4 door 6.5' F150 is 243" in length.
Granted I'll bail him out somewhat with his "96.8 inch width" claim in saying they're 79.9 inches excluding mirrors (I'm sure the Landcruiser specs don't include that either), but that's still over half a foot wider than the 70.5" of the J70 cab.

>comparing different markets only through exchange rate
genius.

the cabs i think on the land cruisers are longer than that of the f150 i can try and find the cab dimensions though.

i just realized i goofed up and got the specs for the regular cab and not the super crew, i did however grab the dimensions directly from the ford site
>source
ford. com/trucks/f150/models/f150-xlt/?searchid=757865163%257C42528426849%257C171045578%257C

Go away Grandpa.

>source i used for the land cruiser.
toyota. com.au/landcruiser-70/specifications/double-cab-chassis-gxl

I'm aware of your sources, but there's more to analyse of that data. Here's the troopy; toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70/specifications/troop-carrier-gxl
And here's a better source for the F150; fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2016/2016F150_Technical Specs_SB.pdf

whats the best short wheel base 4x4?
Jimny, Shogun, Pajero?
I'd like to kit it out as an expedition vehicle but also daily it.
im leaning towards the jimny.

Horses for courses, but as long as the Jimny can hold everything you'd need for however long you're going to be away from civilisation for, then so be it. I could see it possible if you're just touring solo.
For two up though you'd have to go for something more akin to the size of a Pajero or Prado to venture away for any meaningful time in my opinion.

What car is this?

at least the US actually makes trucks

in the pic? It's an N160 Hilux.

Real trucks and real SUV's

pic related is an australian truck

people are actually going to be retarded enough to reply to this @18776850

Never underestimate o

>18776850
>18776909
this fag's going all out

retard

thank you at least somebody has enough of a brain to actually post an australian truck instead of reeeeing

shame hardly anybody in these threads actually fucking talks about them

Shut the fuck up Biff. You got two coats of wax on that right?