Man, what a sleeper!

Man, what a sleeper!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSSSlfJEe8
youtu.be/ChZ_GvP_fkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8vXp7XOpH1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For it to be a sleeper it would have to have the looks of a stock car, usually stock cars don't have huge turbos sticking out of the hood. But it's still a sick car!

What a sleeper!

What's sad is that people will actually call previous-shitboxes with a huge blower sticking through the hood and drag slicks a "sleeper"
Some guy throwing an LS into a sunbleached '97 LeSabre? Now that's a sleeper

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSSSlfJEe8

Would this be considered a "sleeper".

sleepers don't shout "I'M FAST!" from every edge

youtu.be/ChZ_GvP_fkQ

Sleepers don't have drag slicks.

You guys want a real sleeper? I got you fampai
youtube.com/watch?v=8vXp7XOpH1I

Giving serious responses twice

heres my sleeper

Mfw today discover $400,000 Lamborghini Mercialago kit cars exist. $40,000 toyota mr2. Well, maybe someday...

>mfw find 1 piece fiberglass body for $5,000.

Any suggestions on what turbo 6 cyl car i should sacrafice? Miata?

Nice

its gonna cost you 50k to get the missing parts.

then youll still have a fake lambo after all the effort.

the way to do it is buy the legit car, not fuck it up for a couple years, then resell it for the same, slight loss, or slight gain.

If you are going to build a car, might was well design the body yourself, you will max kudos. +1 If you design the cage/suspension too.

What is this?
Why is there a lump?

They use MR2 because it's mid engine, you can't have a lambo (even fake) with a front engine

OwO what's this?

this. been working on mine for 4 years now. its a lot of work though and not for everyone.

dsm

More details

completely organic design. no drawings or anything like that, i just go out there and stare at it and make one change at a time. had to get the constants, like seats, engine, suspension, glass, head/tail lights. after that the body panels and lines are the variables. aside of the space needed and time, theres a lot of money up front. every step i do on it i realize why people dont do this or fail trying.

so that aside theres been lots of measuring though to keep it symmetrical. the symmetry has been the biggest challenge.

when the body is done ill pop some fiberglass molds off it, then i can make the tubeframe and progress will really pick up.

drivetrain is gen1 hayabusa, suspension is a mix of c5 and c6 corvette.

That's the joke you genius

What is this called? Like what the whole idea of this designing process is. What are you doing? Cutting styrofoam? I want to learn more

I hope you used an existing cars glass. Because that shit is expensive.

yes, i did.

i dont have a name for it. i cut lots of foam, but im not carving it like you think for the final shape before fiberglassing.

Nice. I'd love to see threads in the future about the progress on this.

Autismobile

What do you plan to do with this machine? Are there racing series you can enter it in or will it just be for fun?

I really want to see you finish this with a junkyard engine and btfo koenigsegg and hennessey, bonus if its a honda engine

register it as a sandrail and drive it around. or just park it in my garage forever. not sure. its just something i always wanted to do and finally had the time space and money so went for it.

Is that the rear glass off a taurus or something? Do those panes have ths same layer/laminating/whatever for safety as a proper windshield?

ill use lexan when its done. i wanted the stock glass with the defrost because it was borderline free, and those lines are good to work from.

Twingos are great sleepers!

God dammit every time I see your posts, I am reminded of what a failure I am.
I've wanted to build a tube car based off of a zx636 engine with a goal of sub 1000lbs kerb weight for a couple of years now. I think I had an 80in wheelbase with something like 60in track but that doesn't sound right, it's probably a bit narrow then that.
I even did it in cad roughly, but I haven't even tried to so much as order tubing.

just do it meng.

1000lbs is gonna be really, really hard. the weight adds up fast. a tincan old geo metro hatchback is 14-1500 for reference.

>being that acoustic
hey can you go away now?

>falling for the bait reply to a bait thread

I did the math on the tube weight and most of the large components, and came up with 950. So I'd be pushing it.
I mainly set that number because I'd be adding roughly 500lbs to the weight of the bike originally, so I don't want to slow it down too much.

>falling for the ole double bait

how new are you?

saw this car in the flesh 2 years ago its literally TINY the turbo is 1/5th the size of the fucker

I've seen real mercialago's go for $90,000