Cars that everyone but you likes

I really don’t see why people think this thing is so good looking. It’s just a flimsy looking car with shitty proportions and horrendous wheel fitment. Don’t get me wrong, I love old cars, but I just don’t understand the appeal of the e-type

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4RNsVkUWFnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ya I like the convertibles better w/ the luggage rack on them.

(You): The Thread

I agree the old xk jags are significantly better looking in my opinion.
Anyway pic is the car I don't like. I really don't like any of the skylines

Most beautiful car in the world

>horrendous wheel fitment
God stancefags are fucking retarded on top of having no taste.

Pic related. Just hate everything about it. Even the look is so outdated for what it could have been, and its hard to come up with reliable bench racing stats on it which is always fucking annoying.

The incorrect opinions thread.

I've gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the silhouette myself. To me the back is too sharply sloped, I guess the 240Z influenced how I look at this body style more.
He's not entirely wrong about old cars and how they wore their wheels, although you can definitely go too far.

Do you also hate the old nissans, the 2000gt, and the ghibli?

something about it just feels wrong, the front fascia looks so out of place and in general the proportions feel off

I’m not a stance fag, have you seen the positions of wheels on old cars? The wheels are almost always way to small and miles away from the edge of the fender. Just look at an old chevelle, the wheels are so far underneath it’s ridiculous, now look at a 250 GTO, the wheels go right to the edges of the fenders and fill up the whole wheel well

this so much. Everyone jerks off to this thing but I honestly think that the R34 is the ugliest skyline ever made

32 looks better.

Golf.
I don't know why every normie raves about them they just look like a fucking punto/corsa/bmw 1.
Its a shit car.

THE FIREBIRD IS BETTER IN EVERY WAY

It looks like a stretched civic and performs just as bad

Just... hot hatches in general. Usually fwd with tiny, over stressed engines that still manage to be underpowered. I can get behind awd turbo rally hatches, those are usually pretty cool, but if you want light cars with good handling, why not a roadster or coupe?

Isn't the Firebird literally a Camaro with a bodykit?

The point of a hot hatch is that you can drive it daily as your sole vehicle and get both sporty driving and practical capabilities. Try carrying a coffee table or a couple of kitchen chairs with a roadster.

>anything less than 22 inch spinners is shit

kys

>why not a roadster or coupe?
it's always pracitcallity. Hatchbacks, wagons and mpvs are the most pratical body types. Putting a tiny over stressed engine in a hatchback doesn't rob you from any of the practicality of a hatchback save maybe for increased maintenance cost and worse fuel consumption.
A (relatively) cheap hothatch like Octavia vRS still can serve just fine as a commuter and a car for a small 2+1+small dog family. It's the same car that the base model made for whatever purpose it was created, just accelerates faster. Slap a roofrack and you're ready to go for a budget vacations in Croatia.
What can you do with a fucking roadster when youre not in for "savouring the road"? Fuck all.

Getting into a roadster means you have the time, the money and the space to keep more than one car. There's a reason why hothatches are extremely popular in Europe with tight roads, high population density, high fuel prices and most people owning just one car versus the land of veee8 boomerbarges where the grocery store is anywhere between 60 and 150km from your house and weekly groceries for an average american family of 4 150kg+ hamplanets warrant a long wheel base truck.

you're showing early states of stancefaggotry. It's perfectly normal for cars to have travel distance between the wheel and the well. Only some sports cars like the GTO don't, and then the suspension is set up really fucking stiff.

e type is over rated as fuck, its a good car but i dont like its looks at all, the proportions are all wrong and the wheel base isnt wide enough for the body, only normies think it looks good because clarkson told them it does on top gear

does anyone like that thing whatever the fuck it is?
its probably harder to find somone who does like it

they are right
look how fucking far in the wheels are, you could fit a second wheel in the gap!
if i owned one of these although it would anger people i would put in spacers and half that gap, just that small change would make it look better from any angle thats not exactly side on

it's meant to allow the front wheels to turn, but of course an american couldn't understand why

kek

toyota sienna minivan

good for road trips, absolute shit everywhere else

the volkswagen range (except for the qt up gti). never been a fan of the golf except for the mk1. i can't imagine being someone who looks at a golf and says "yes, that is cool. i want to drive that". same goes to every other car especially the passat. fuck the passat. absolute misery. i see people driving their passats around and they always look fucking depressed like they are on the edge of plowing the car into a pavement. all of their cars look a bit pigfat and don't really do it for me aesthetically. if i had to some up vw with one word it would be pic related

This guy knows whats up

I just don't get the dick sucking of Testarossa.
Maybe its the black trim that puts me off, because I am looking at pictures of 512TR and I have nothing against that one.
I even had a model as a kid, but I guess I never clicked with it.
It looks like a shitty, pig fat body kit to me.

For me its been my favorite car as far as I could remember. Its a pretty polarizing design and I could see why someone might dismiss it as some kind of shitty kit car. Probably because so many kit cars were modeled after the TR. I personally disagree about the 512tr, it seemed like a tainted design with its bubbly 90s looking fog lights and grill contrasted with the straight edge everything on the car. It really sticks out. I also prefer the amber rear turning signals and the asymmetrical lip spoiler. It speaks to the utilitarian in me I guess.
Whats funny is that I've never actually met one in person (despite living in LA) to get an idea of what its proportions are like when you actually stand next to the thing.
I hope its not one of those "never meet your heroes" types of things.

Any memewagons with the interior space of a mid size hatch but 50% more pointless bulkiness, weight a
and height.

having driven new golf gti i know why people are miserable
its cause theyve never driven anything better and they think this soulless unenjoyable piece of shit is any fun.
If you want to have fun electronic nannies step in and ruin it.

New golfs are gay and you are a fag for owning one.

We must clearly have opposite views because for me what 512TR does different makes it go from "ehh" to "Nice".
Don't they have a Testerossa in that big Car collection? Is it not open to visitors? Or maybe at Pebble Beach?
Or do you want your first meeting to be in the wild?

I've never really tried to seek one out before. I always just assumed that I might just see it one day.
I've been to the peterson and they did have a pretty good collection of ferraris but no testarossa.
It may be in the "vault" they have but I think its closed off like you say.

Maybe they don't consider Testarossa really needing the special attention as it is already well known.

that's probably true but it would've been nice to see it there. they DID have a 288 GTO which was pretty incredible.

It is a special one.

xjs is superior to the e-type by looks and desgin

Any snoozefest audi sedan.

>audi
>snoozefest
*shifts into sixth at 300 kilometers*

nothing personnel kid

youtube.com/watch?v=4RNsVkUWFnk

>kilometers

friendly reminder that the F40 was meant to be a group B rally 288

>it takes him 300 kilometers to get fast enough for sixth

>he doesn't drive 8 minutes per hour

FIA in charge of not ruining F U N

>using kilometers as a measure of distance

>tfw arguably the best car of all time was a scrapped rally car regulations screwed over
go figure

>I really don't like any of the skylines

its because you have shit taste. It is ok thought.

C110 = C10 > 32 > 31 > 33 > Iron mask > 34 > anything else.

Attached: 1518355032959.jpg (528x805, 121K)

The 34 is unironically the worst Skyline. Even the GT-R is better because at least you can meme about Willow Springs lap times, whilst the 34 is as boring as it looks.

Ferrari F40

>popup AND normal headlights
>sad little grille
>depressed catfish expression
>NACA vents all over the fucking place
>trying to hard with the body styling
>big wang

Literally only looks good from the rear.

Attached: ferrari-f40-S2834180-1.jpg (1800x1350, 531K)

The 288 GTO Evoluzione was a Group B GT car like the M1 and 961, not a Group B rally car. (although the M1 was used as an almost tarmac rally car in France)

Attached: 1986_Porsche_961-7-1024.jpg (1024x724, 320K)

Any Lexus other than the LFA. They're all horrendously ugly.

M1 was built for Group 5 racing, before Group B's time.

>The Chad F40

Damn, not liking an F40, that's hard to follow

wrong

Attached: f40lm.jpg (800x600, 236K)

Attached: nervous_and_uncomfortable_vehicle.jpg (421x176, 32K)

Yeah, it's ugly. Not as bad as the F50 though.

Compared to something like Testarossa which is its contemporary it's pure garbage.

f50 is absolute shit tier, so is enzo

I don't really get it either. I guess people just like it because it reminds them of benis.

On a scale of 1-10, how butthurt does this make you?

Attached: 1949-delahaye-175-s-saoutchik-roadster-10.jpg (769x517, 89K)

What the fuck is this abortion

Attached: 1995_Ferrari_F50[1].jpg (988x768, 201K)

I think its much better than modern slabsided cars with almost no rubber on the wheels. Makes most cars look like oversized toys really.

I think hothatches are pretty cool, too bad all of them come with so much factory rice now. Even the standard Civic is riced to hell.

*perfection you meant

It's ugly

Attached: 1920px-Toyota_Supra_SZ_(A80)_front.jpg (1920x1437, 656K)

soarer looks much better

The regular Celica of the same era looked better.

Wheel diameter doesn't relate to wheel fitment at all.

The R34 looks like a bloated muscle car. I prefer the R32 and R33.

To contribute to the thread, I don't like post-2002 German luxury cars.

Attached: elliotbmw.jpg (634x376, 64K)

Bigger wheels are wider, so they kinda do.

It's pretty good looking in person.