Engineers have stated no chance it will have a manual because there is not enough demand for one

>engineers have stated no chance it will have a manual because there is not enough demand for one

Fucking more trash from toyota it sounds like.

Brrrrap.

aaaand dropped

nips will be gutting z4's for tranny swaps
screencap this

considering the Z4 has a manual and the M2 sells about 50% with manuals - yes it is trash talk.
Toyota is probably cucked by BMW not allowing the supra to have a manual to boost Z4 sales.

Where has this been confirmed?

They said at the show that the Supra fans they polled didn't think it was important.

who the fuck did they poll?

People who will be actually buying Supras won't care. There is a reason modern supercars have moved away from sticks because DCT transmission are faster and don't experience torque loss like automatics.

Soyboys in their Hondas will continued to be assblasted driving their 80hp shitboxes listening to dubstep and autistically screeching "muh manual"

>everyone who buys a nice car buys it for track performance instead of driving experience

No you stupid nigger, I just think its fun changing gears.

Supra fans.

Not him but why not just buy a GT86? that's what that entire car was made for at the cheapest possible price they could get away with. you have to also realize not every car can be for "fun changing gears".

I’m thinking about leasing one. I don’t care that it comes without a third pedal. You get a second clutch.

Actual potential buyers. The only people who care about a manual are people who can't afford to buy the car new.

> that's what that entire car was made for at the highest possible price they could get away with
FTFY

>manual
>in a grand touring car in 2018
Are you guys a little soft in the head

sounds like excuses to me

lol complain more fanboy. when enthusiasts like you start buying new cars only then will manufacturers start offering more stick shifts.

I have the money to buy one, but I wouldent just because they dont offer it.

This will pan out well. Once these supras get tons of miles on them, I’m guessing the DCT will be the first major part to go. By this point, all of the Z4s will have electrical nightmares and other German problems. At this point it would be economical to swap Z4 transmissions into high mileage Supras. Then all of the people who wanted a manual Supra can finally afford it too.

The Supra doesn't have a DCT.

>grand tourer
who shit in your brain?

Jesus christ it's just a granny slushbox?

if it has DCT, I can go away from manual, but it sounds like it's going to have a ZF 8HP which isn't bad per say but it's not DCT or manual.

No

It is an excuse and a damn good one.

Doubtful, but I'll assume you have the money and we're actually seriously considering the purchase, you're still the minority and making a manual just for you isn't worth it according to profit analysis.
Granted Toyota has been known to forget about profits and just build something great once and a while (like the LFA which they lost a shit ton on money on) but that's something you can't be doing all the time. Also, they may have a deal where only BMW gets to sell a manual and only Toyota gets to sell a hardtop. This isn't uncommon. It helps to.push the cars into different buying markets so they aren't competing.

I'm betting this has nothing to do with polls, but BMW demanding they soy up the poopra to boost Z4's sales numbers

its because porsche has the best customer base
if they arent buying cuckbox fag ass shitty suvs that only have the badge going for it to slowly bodyroll around in traffic thinking their 3k badgewhore piece of shit cuckmobile is hot shit, they are buying fucking boxters, fucking caymans and fucking 911s and taking them straight from the dealer to the track.

Honestly here almost every single fucking 911 driver is a regular at a race track race event

because the 911 really is the only truly honed track machine with daily reliability on the market

>I hate what I can't afford!

Autism the post

ZF's 8-speed is probably the best slushbox-mated tranny you can get. According to ZF's documents, Mercedes' MCT is just the ZF 8 HP with the torque converter taken off and a multiple wet clutch pack installed.

BMW doesn't have fancy shit like that so it's still SLUSH

>no demand for one

and? that sounds like a dumb excuse, toyota makes billions every year, surely they can afford the cost of making one

WHO THE FUCK IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS BUYS A SPORTS CAR IN AUTOMATIC WHAT KIND OF BRAINDAMAGED FUCKING RETARD DOES THIS FUCK YOU YOU STUPID FUCKING RETARDS

Toyota have a dual clutch flappy paddle transmission?

So the car has 3 pedals but has paddleshifters in this racing "concept" car
So what are they trying to imply with this?

Why are you so upset when you couldn't even afford one?

It's here lads

>Beancounters have stated
ftfy

Racing sequential transmission

The industry as a whole is moving back to improving slushbox tech over making DCT. Volkswagen is the only DCT player now.