How do I talk my dad out of buying a Tesla?

my dad just landed a huge deal at work ($500.000+ in 3 years) and is on a powertrip. What are some of the main counterpoints for buying a Tesla Model S? I personally think it's a retarded way to burn money that should be used differently.

Environmental shit doesn't bother him, I need hidden costs like building a charger at home, reparations etc...i have no clue. He's not good at handling money.

500k over 3 years isn’t enough to afford a Tesla lol

Half that goes to government

Factor in cost of living and other misc expenses over 3 years and that leaves you with fuck all

Just make sure he gets the fast one. The P100 or whatever the fuck.

Let your dad be stupid with his money user, or offer him something he wants more.
Only advice I can over is show him some of that awful qa, massive panel gaps. Etc

Talk about:
>Low Quality, panel gaps, etc
>Common knowledge that owners are cuckolds/soyboys/whatever non-manly term you think will put him off
>Far more comfy/better/higher status symbol cars for the same price
>Plastic pedals breaking off
>Interior is totally trash

That an isf or a cla45 will stay even with the fastest 60 to 130. They're slow unless its from 0 and unreliable.

>He's not good at handling money.
You don't say.

Let him be a retard. Idiots deserve to fail.

How about you fuck off and let him buy what he wants. He probably bought all kinds of practical cars just because he was responsible for his family. Let him have some fucking fun, even if you disagree with it.

Ungrateful kids.

I am 100% sure he'll regret it in a couple of years

I have yet to meet a regretful Tesla owner. They have the highest customer satisfaction for a reason, despite Veeky Forums thinking that every single one falls apart after 20 miles.

don't. They're fun cars—I assume you'll get to drive it too? As for chargers, all you really need is a NEMA 14-50 in your garage and a Tesla wall unit.

because for the price of a model s (a good trim), you can buy a very nice and luxurious bmw, benz, lexus, etc. All you get with a model s is a basic interior, inferior to a brand new honda accord touring. All your money is basically going towards battery RnD at tesla hq

tell him to get a 3k civic and a few simple mods

The technology is still a bit too young, for now.

There aren't really any hidden costs when you get the car and have a charger.

>Gov gives him a tax break
>It has fuck all maintenance
>If anything breaks Tesla will have to fix it
>Electricity is cheap as fuck

And tell him to get the P100D with ludicrous mode for that disgusting acceleration

It's his mistake to make. Every old guy I know with a Tesla freaking loves it though. They think it's the closest they'll ever see to a flying car.

I can't stand the things myself, I need engine noise, but I don't think less of those who do. I'd rather have a big old NA V8 for that rumble.

There is no dealer network. Wait until one of those plastic pedals breaks, and just try to find a replacement. Try to find a tech that would even work on it.

Tellim to just get a corvette that won’t die in 5 years

after you're done discussing why he shouldn't buy it, he'll ask you the all too obvious "okay then what should I buy then?"

what will you say user

All battery cars are shit, but it's your dad's money so you don't really have much said in this matter
Since you said he'll regret in 2 years so just bear with him for the time being and resell it to jew the next moron

Have him test drive an S Class

>spending $120k on a car so you don't have to spend $2500 a year in gas
>spending $120k on a car with a Accord tier interior
>spending $120k on a EV for dat instant torque but driving like a grandma because muh range anxiety

That's not fair, Accords have nice interiors