/fg/ - Falcom General #68

Previous Thread: Fomenting revolution in coffee houses Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!L5Z1iKTT!zewg0l8TyAfGNU5Fx9C2S7G06hgArXI8EB3zFHvRr0M
youtube.com/watch?v=ET1IroX86T4
youtube.com/watch?v=RT0V6wDZe60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calvard when?

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

What went wrong?

XSeed are the best. NISAshills not allowed here.

*pre-orders her game and hides the free crossbell*

>liberate Crossbell
>give it to Calvard

>crossbell is liberated
>calvard invades erebonia

Lol. Calvard would invade Crossbell first then Erebonia.

Theres too many master rusemen in zemuria

what is the problem with NISA?

That's what they want you to think.

Arteria when?

reviews for ys 8 are out, i don't really care enough to read them but they're out

Reviews for Ys VIII are out. Some mention that the localization is bland compared to past games. Then there is this user from previous thread

The final chapter of ao is pretty long. I guess Im 20 in so far but it is the best final i saw in a while... I dont want the raid to end ;_;
Also wazy final event was cute as fuck. same with rixia.Funny how someone like her grow into me in 2 chapters meanwhile elie is still elie...(I like her too i guess)

>;_;

It will end

>KeA is voiced by the Rie
I wonder whose shitty VA XSEED will replace the loli tsundere goddess with?

rember to always eet well

>sleeping together with Lloyd

Nothing, it's just XSEED fanboys throwing a fit again.

O, warrior of NISA!

Falcom has done it again

I love those events too. Ao really was great overall. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Ao is a game characterized by extremely high peaks and extremely low points. Large chunks of the game are incredibly fucking boring, forcing you to slog through irrelevant sidequest after irrelevant sidequest, then do it all over again. The game has major pacing issues. Way worse than anything in the Sky or Cold Steel games.

But, yeah, the final chapter is pretty good.

DELET THIS

I completely disagree. Ao is the trails with the least irrelevant sidequests. There's plenty of stuff that contributes to lore, small details and characterization. Not to mention all the fanservice for sky fans. Everything feels very rewarding. And the pacing is very good. In fact the entire format is also very different from the usual formula the other games fall into. You can never predict where the next chapter will take you and they usually end on a high note.

O, warrior of XSEED!

She sleeps with everybody.

There is no such person.

Someone call the police.

Yes there is.

She even sleeps with the police. Never trust a Rie loli.

In the sense that it's the same old autist arguing with himself, I suppose.

Nah it's just a XSEED fanboy.

You need to do a much better job false flagging if you expect anyone to believe that.

This place needs more esoteric funposting and less of the exact same arguments every day.

How am I falseflagging? I only posted the Rin part because I love the VA for her roles with Shana, Lotte and Nagi. I'm just disgusted at the thought they'd dub her. I'm sorry for falling in love with a VA ok.

>Rie and Miki in one game
Based Crossbell.

>pretending this desperately

>dubfag doesn't even know the girls from these classic anime
KYS.

I bet Estelle's feet do not taste good at all, I would NOT lick her feet

I want feetfags to leave

This isn't bad for an accessory.

I want the people who constantly screech at each other about subs/dubs/arc wars/publishers to leave yet here we are. We can't always get what we want so you'll just have to put up with people like me who appreciate some good feets which estelle DOES NOT have.

mega.nz/#!L5Z1iKTT!zewg0l8TyAfGNU5Fx9C2S7G06hgArXI8EB3zFHvRr0M

Properly looping JDK Band Arrangements of Mother Earth Altago, Great Tree and Legend of the Five Great Dragons for Ys Seven PC

Says the guy that can kill himself in one hit:

youtube.com/watch?v=ET1IroX86T4

what are you implying?

Trust no one.

Kill yourself?

Do you think there'll be pairs in the new Thors branch.

Do you think falcom forgot what kind of people they are trying to make money out of?

Is this even up for debate?

>End of Trails in the sky
>Yeah so those traitors who did a coup d'etat? All is forgiven lets hug and get along
>That psycho killer who has killed countless people with no remorse? All is forgiven since you look cute and we like you!
>End of Crossbell
>People being complicit in the deaths of multiple people? All is forgiven lets hug and get along except for the one dude who got screwed over fuck that one guy.
>End of CS2
>That one faggot who is responsible for the killing of at least several hundreds of civilians and soldiers? All is forgiven he is our bro after all!

This series is nice but the carebear shit is gone way overboard and it is starting to get on my nerves. The bad guys gets forgiven just because they happen to make friends with the main cast beforehand.

Only one due to harem rules.

FIlthy shippers looking for cute couples?

Richard did objectively nothing wrong

In general you're right, but Crow isn't responsible for that stuff in CS. The war was going to happen no matter what he did since he wasn't the boss planning a war, and I don't remember him killing any civilians.

Loopholes always exist. Besides there's usually a lot of antagonists so you can't get rid of everyone. You'll have your bad guys who always get away or once in a blue moon die/get arrested and the ones who get special treatment so they can join the good guys (again).

Liberls queen has alzheimers. I hope liberl gets invaded by a proper nation.

Too bad we can't put Mint in charge of the romance.

Any cool mods for cold steel yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=RT0V6wDZe60

>Duvalie even has victory quotes
fucking how

Richard and friends get sent to prison, and only get pardoned after they help fight Ouroboros in SC and even then they still all lost their careers and reputations because Weissmann used his mind magic to make Richard genuinely believe he was doing the right thing for Liberl. When Richard snaps out of it at the end of FC he even defends the party.

Them forgiving Richard and him having serious issues because of what he did was fine.

With sky Richard did show he was overly patriotic and wouldn't do shit against them after getting sense beaten into him, and saves them later. The queen is overly nice. Renne i assume, was only being given exception due to the fact that she was just like Joshua, but still young, and clearly being influenced into it.

Crossbell I don't remember people actually dying in Crossbell's assault did they?
Aside from Ilya almost dying due to Shirley, and some people getting hurt. They did talk no jutsu Ian out of it, but it's not like he wouldn't be punished. As for guy who got screwed over, i think you mean the Erobonia dude with the overly expensive mansion? He could still be bullshitting, and he was corrupt in the first place working with mafia and probably killing people in the process too.

As for CS 2 yeah, they did forgive him too easily, he didn't personally involve himself in innocent killing, but did aid in the group. The class itself was concerned for it, but dropped it once he started to die i guess, but a more clear line of discontent from his actions would have been nice. The rest were supposed to be overly petty people.

It was probably programmed but not finished, thus left in the code.

For Ao I think he means everyone just forgave Arios. And the only one who was actually punished was Dieter.

I've never played a Ys game before, can I start with 7?

He probably added/modified a clip from somewhere else.

Pretty sure Siegfried was jailed after everything was over, Shirley escaped with new 3rd Anguis. Maybe they forgave Arios because in the end he was still reluctant and didn't actually kill anyone, and he was still way more useful out there helping as a Bracer, rather than jailed, since his crimes could fall under following the regime of Dieter.

Wait never mind i meant Sigmund got jailed.

Maybe but I wasn't really arguing about the how or why. Also do you mean Sigmund? Because he also escaped.

You get to visit the jail at the end of Ao, Sigmund isn't there. Pretty sure Hartmann is there, along with Garcia, Marconi, and Earnest.
And Dieter is also "imprisoned" at Orchid Tower once you clean the city.

Weird, i remember reading he had been jailed. Guess i'm mistaken.

If you go back to the merkabah somewhere before the final boss Abbas will tell you they saw the red constellation's ship which obviously came to retrieve sigmund and shirley. And you obviously can't stop them cause you can't spare manpower or time at that point.

Step aside, Trailsfags. The king is back.

I wonder if CS3 is going to address those people.

Go away Grunt you can't fool me.

Richard literally did nothing wrong. he performed a pretty painless coup in an attempt to even the odds with Erebonia, a nation that LITERALLY INVADED LIBERL THE VERY NEXT GAME. The queen is fucking retarded with her treaty and CS3 is only going to drive that point home further.

The others I agree with, although Renne was pretty young and unacountable. Crow is definitely the worst case so far though. Class 7 should have killed him with no remorse.

The treaty was the only choice she had because she knows full well in a war they'd get steamrolled, they only won the last war because Erebonia was desperate to keep news of Hamel secret. Richard's plan while not his fault was also of no actual benefit to Liberl.

He still paid for it, and they figured out his mind had been fucked with to think it would be the best course of action since he had certainty that underground he would find a treasure to make themselves on par with the other nations. Hence why his sentence was so lenient.

Speaking of Richard, I always wondered what his plan was for when Cassius got back to Liberl. Was he just going to go "Hey master what do ya think pretty cool huh?"

I never said I disagreed about him paying for it, I said you were wrong that his plan was good or not Alicia was an idiot for trying to diplomatically prevent a war that would end in the destruction or conquest of Liberl.

He must've figured he'd have enough public support to keep going on

Probably. His intention was to make Liberl able to protect themselves from future invasions thanks to whatever was underground, he might have thought the royal family wasn't aware of what it was capable, hence he would show up as a hero to their nation, and thus his actions would become justified.

Do we really need to spoiler tag FC stuff this heavily

This makes incredible sense. Nice take user.

>nice take
Its literally stated in the game.

Was that specifically stated in the game? I don't remember the game ever going over what plans Richard had post-coup. I guess I was too focused on the plot to think that the nation would hail him as their savior if he happened upon a superweapon.

Reminder that today is dual wielding soul and swords as one.

I takes me half a second to put on spoilers, so i don't mind spoiling end game plot points, even if it's old.

It would be cool to see Garcia meeting Fie,
especially considering how great he was at the last Ao chapter. Dieter will also probably be addressed since he's mentioned a lot in CS and CS2. I doubt the rest will play any role though, unless Earnest's demonization is related to Rean.

Did you not spend 100 hours babysitting those kids? How could you ever expect they'd not forgive their friend who had such a tragic backstory/life. If anything it was consistent with the characterization and writing that liked to insist in big letters you are all best friends. Also technically the game did punish Crow in the end since the entire reason he went on this crusade in the first place is actually alive and basically he accomplished literally nothing and he finds that out before he dies. If it weren't for CS3 shenanigans it'd have been satisfying enough.Also for what it's worth it's a bit hypocritical to excuse the others when they aren't that comparable since Richard is clearly a good patriot and has a literal mindfuck excuse. Meanwhile Renne must have killed plenty of people and Crow was also young when shit happened and then got a robot..

Its just pointless and makes it a pain to read, no one else spoilers things that are mentioned in every single other trails game.

Well, do they?

Right in the gut.

someone put a leash on this nep already