/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Localization is the process of adapting a product or content to a specific locale or market.

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MHF-Z, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link

Seregios for World!

Anime .

The cuck better start running

Worlds's monsters are good because they draw entirely from real-life instead of reskinning existing skeletons with huge spikes and neon lines

>anjanath is literally deviljho but more boring
>great jagras is literally royal ludroth but more boring
>chameleon thing is literally just Gypceros but made into a chameleon
>new drome is just great maccao but with a rock
>you can fast travel everywhere
>monsters like Barroth slower than ever
>can go to camp and take out items from your FUCKING ITEM BOX
Not liking how this is turning out, so far.

You "anime" spouting retards are worse than the chibi or huntress posters sometimes I swear

>every monster is like some other monster but different
>I am misinformed about certain aspects of the game and therefore I am mad

Seregios no longer teams up with every monster that appears in 4U Village HR
I hope it's in

I'd like to take this time to say thanks. Although I really fucking hate fighting you Tidal Najarala, you have an amazing Insect Glaive, and it's one of the main reasons I was able to solo Fire Drill, because Brachydios and Stygian Zinogre are weak to water.

REEEEEEEE

But not the gunner armor, sadly.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get MHG to hold me over until MHW, but only for 3DS because lol@Switch prices for MHXX

Tell me about hunting styles. To be frank I don't like the idea of the series going into absurd anime territory so I figure I'll stick with default (Guild style?) but what are the facts about the rest?

I always forget /v/ is a terrible place to talk about MH since the threads always lean one way or another on MHW rather than letting people voice their compliments and concerns about the game.
That and they are all fucking retards when it comes to hardware discussion.
one thread died because of the massive amount of shitposting that came from NMH Switch trailer being shown

Think Capcom will offer cosmetic DLC gunner armor? I'd pay double the price for the game to get it

Don't give them ideas.

>capes and skirts are cool! let's put them on everything!
>then they clip like mad ingame

why capcom

>Female has better asymmetry than male
>Except she still have to carry a dumb shield.
Kinda glad though, that means they'll reconsider touching up on some gunner designs before dumping them back into World.

In MHXX where is the cat that cooks all the raw meat? I'm too lazy to do this shit myself

They better develop some hero and villain relationship with Rathalos and Seregios, it could work perfectly

There's a perfectly fine MH thread on /v/ right now. If anything, I'd say /mhg/ is worse, Discord circlejerking aside. Personally, I think you're just trying to start shit.

Dat female belt though.

G-Rank Shaggy armor looks like diet Nomura. Glad the G-relic version is accessible in XX

Last thread I was in was people arguing about what engine it ran on, why its 30fps, bringing up old rumors and pushing them as fact, and for some reason talking about NMH

>Love Tigrex X
>Can't mog in 4U

>tfw they literally ruined ranged weapons in World

LBG looks fucking broken. How is a monster supposed to deal with someone who never has to sit still or even slow down?

How did it start out? With someone yelling a bunch of inane shit to rile people up?

The usual way MH threads have started up with the "CHILL MH THREAD NO SHITPOSTING" followed by someone asking about XX and people almost immediately saying "ENJOY YOUR LAST GAME NINTENDRONE" and then things go bad, sometimes its the opposite but usually it doesn't take long for people to bring up shit like sales, japan being more focused on handhelds which is sadly even worse right now for shitposting after DQ11 sales showed 3DS ahead.

Hey guys, it's GaijinStriker here.
I couldn't do weapon videos for MHW because I was too busy with familial matters.

>>and people almost immediately saying "ENJOY YOUR LAST GAME NINTENDRONE" and then things go bad
So it was doomed from the start. Sounds about right. At that point, if the mods don't do anything, you might as well leave the thread and hide it and look for another. I've made my fair share of good MH threads on /v/. Also a thread asking for no shitposting is begging to be shitposted in.

That was something that always bugged me.
>First Azurelos quest
>Cinematic of epic fight scene between the two
>Fight Los when suddenly Steve joins
>They just hang out

I wonder what 3 hunter arts he selects

>Wifepuncher

Doesn't help that when people criticize MHW people take that as an insult to the platforms its on, tons of these fucks think that people didn't also hate X and XX and even Tri to some extent claiming its all related to platform.
It's also fucking stupid when people try to talk about power of platforms and end up cornering themselves with engine talk.
I'm excited for MHW but I'm still super fucking concerned about how it will end up since we haven't seen any good gameplay that doesn't look like it was piss easy.

Sup cucks. Post more MH Artwork, thanks.

XX rooms where?

YOU CALLIN ME A RATHALOS BUDDY?

To be fair we haven't seen any real fights yet, only some LR starter monster shit that was easier on purpose because it was a demo.
Not saying it can't be piss easy when it comes out, but we have nothing to judge that on right now

Mhhm, almost as good and totally not stale as the "Great Jaggi is God" Meme. Keep 'em coming

I really love the delusion from people who act like Gen wasn't the most critically panned mainline to date. Not like the game doesn't carry over a few okay things from its predecessor, it just feels unfinished.

Oh shit we found a cuck defender
Didin't know they existed

Amazing deduction. Earned yourself a pat on your belly.

shut the fuck up rathalos

Anjanath is literally great jaggi but it breathes fire.

Rathalos is literally my mom's pet dragon

Show us your extremely sophisticated and almond activating jokes then
>inb4 rick and morty

Great Jagras is a vomit monster

Nah, that's all totally fair. To be honest, I didn't like the look of World at first from the announcement trailer, and all the platform war shit involved made me like it even less, especially when you get called a Nintendrone or what have you for saying one thing about it that you don't like. But then I saw the Wildspire Waste trailer, along with all the other related videos, and I genuinely think it looks good now.
The amount of content it has is still worrying, but we really don't know anything else about it. I must say though, the best way of dehyping yourself is getting involved in the platform war shit. It's best to just ignore/report it. No good comes from arguing, and the way people goalpost will only frustrate you further.

Gen isn't mainline though. It was basically the project handed over to B-Team while they were working on World.

>MHW is piss eas-

Great Jaggi is literally Anjanath but it doesn't breathe fire.

damn..

>retard turns around and runs directly into the charge

I know but it feels like they are trying to market it to non MH players big time, the tracking while interesting seems boring and just there to make the game into Monster Tracker rather than hunter especially since it seems like something half baked that they threw in because of the weird stigma MH has, I really hate the huntress lady shit, even if she can be turned of she is by far one of the ugliest Capcom girls in awhile and this is a company that keeps shitting out uggos left and right
People seem to think that people love MH on 3DS just for being on 3DS but fuck man was 3U 3DS full of issue and Gen just boring as shit, but like fighting games people tent to just play the newest thing here.
What does this prove, footage of fucking giant bomb playing MH after Brad says he's only played 8 hours across 5 games.

Yeah this game sure is punishing when you jump off a ledge into his charge like a retard

the only thing MH games ever punish is retard moves

I was worried about MHW because they had damage numbers, but the more I think about them the more okay I am with that. I'll probably turn them off, but at the end of the day I have to accept that learning shitloads of damage formula information (hitzones, movesets, etc) was a very niche activity that probably drives more people away from Monster Hunter than it attracts, and a lot of the current players won't care either way.

>guy does something retarded
>gets punished severely for it and dies
>N-N-N-NO THIS D-D-DOES NOT COUNT T-THAT'S N-NOT DIFFICULTY!!!!!!

It doesn't I can play like a retard in any game and still get punished.

Doesn't make it hard. Just makes you a retard for getting hit

>tracking a monster doesn't count as hunting
you're retarded. You want to play monster fighter

Not in certain David Cage games

Yeah, there are a good amount of things that I wasn't happy about or against, but now I've just come to terms with accepting them.
I didn't like the idea of damage numbers, but yeah, it'll be nice to see just how much damage I'm doing comparatively to other weapons and to other monsters.
And after getting facecharged by Teostra one too many times, I think I'll be fine without flexing.

And you want monster tracker

???
it takes maybe one entire minute

isn't that how every monster hunt is you clown
once you stop getting hit it's not hard at all

This doesn't show that Worldses is hard. In that sense Great Jaggi is hard because I just stand around and let him bodycheck me to death.

Oh yes, standing still and letting the monster keep hitting is totally the exact same thing as that webm. You're so right.

pls reply

The tracking seems like something they had to add. Without separate zones, and with a larger overall hunting area, actually finding the thing at random would just be tedium. Previously we either memorized what zones to check first, after which tracking it was a matter of listening for roars near zone passages. Now there's at least some basic gameplay involved in finding clues, and a longterm goal of improving your trackers.

Pretty much
>see monster is coming at you
>jump at it
>get hit

I haven't played XX yet, but I can't imagine it's different from Gen, it's the last option when you sit down at the eating table.

Oh so that doesn't count? Maybe I am letting him hit me because I am retarded. By your logic that is not a sign that it isn't hard. Jumping off the ledge when you can SEE that he is charging that way is the same kind of retarded than standing around and doing nothing.

I'll check it out, thx

Best girl

If it was actually looking for footprints that would be fine but its just icons that pop up saying YOU FOUND FOOTPRINTS, remove that shit and make it actual tracking or don't add that fake shit.

You're so right my man. That's exactly the same scenario. You are absolutely 100% correct.

Thanks, finally you understand

What a nice thread, it would be a shame if I killed it as early as I can

What is dead may never die

>Fire/Red/Smolder Dragonsword
>Doesn't do fire damage
explain this huntards

>complaining about early dragon element weapon

XX rooms where? I want to be "helped" through my Lao urgent.

the Lao shan lung doesn't spit or produce fire
so it normal that the weapon made with it's components doesn't do fire damages
geez user, did you even played the game? are you retarded?

It's made by alloying Firestone with Lao's horn.

>FU wasn't mainline
>P3rd wasn't mainline

>Putting words in other people's mouths

If MH monsters existed in Star Wars what planet(s) would they inhabit?

Dathomir.

>not naming it "worldless fish"

This one is my favourite

So is Stories actually good or not
Does the combat get better than the shitty RPS people make it out to be?

He rules the two realms babby

It's amazing how bad the longsword feels in every pre-4 game now. Losing the R after a fade slash is game changing.

well MHW LS is 4U LS but it drops to yellow if red runs out, and it has a ghetto brave counter

ok