Noise emission standards?

Noise emission standards?

Wish they were even stricter, and applied to motorcycles the same way they apply to cars. Fucking dimwit shitbags on dirt bikes and in fartcanned VWs thinking they're the hot stuff for hooning through town pissing off countless residents.

This

not for cars or bikes, but for big af dump trucks.
those fuckers who have straight stacks and fucking use their jakes for a mile up to a residential traffic light should be shot

>Backing up
>Backing up
>Backing up
I know! Everybody knows! Nobody gives a shit. FUCK YOU!

Still not as bad as trains honking at 140 dB at EVERY SINGLE LEVEL CROSSING and being audible across half the town because for some reason lights, bells and lowered gates aren't an obvious enough sign for Murrikan drivers.

Better safe then sorry and in America they REALLY make you sorry

I guess the real question is: Should the government interfere with motorcyclist making so much noise, or should it leave the programme of street executions to the free market?

Enforcing established law in an orderly manner with access to due process to prevent mob justice is why police and courts even exist. Anything else is Somalia tier.

>noise emission standards
Most gay thing I've read all day

Is there established law?
Bikers reving there surrogate penises annoys way more people than some old diesel engine

It is subject to change, and new motorcycles have to be quieter than older motorcycles. You just can't apply laws retroactively.

In urban areas they make sense and should be enforced against people who seem to be making a purposeful racket, but outside of major cities or suburbs at night there should be no laws regarding noise levels from a vehicle.

>t. drives a 1 liter cuckbox that barely makes any noise and is assblasted every time he hears a performance exhaust.

I'm familiar with the SAE J1161 snowmobile sound standard. There's also the j192, I think, but that isn't used as much even though it's a more robust standard.

>Performance exhaust
>Fartcan

As long as the car isn't a danger to other motorists due to it falling apart at highway speed I genuinely do not care what is done to it. Obviously basic equipment like headlights, taillights, and indicators should be present, but beyond that it should just be a complete circus of owners taste and discretion

Underrated

>always worried my cars gonna just explode or fall apart at high way speeds
>no cats so it belches gigantic amounts of toxic fumes from the big v8 that swallows gasoline like a black hole
>ABS doesnt work
>airbag probably doesnt work
>super loud exhaust
>gigantic, incase of an accident i will cause maximum damage

Might I add that this is because I do not under any circumstance have to submit to an inspection or emissions test

IMO you should only be allowed to make your car/bike as loud as whatever the loudest production road vehicle is/was that's ever been for sale in a first world country, whatever the criteria may be. Something that the police can easily test in the roadside that applies to all vechiles. Don't have different standards for bikes/commercial vehicles either; if you're going to tolerate one type of production vehicle driven on the road making a certain amount of noise at certain speeds or something, then anyone should be allowed to make their vechiles as loud as that regardless of class if they choose to.

This obsession with declaring mods and making stuff like this illegal is retarded and often impossible to enforce unless you get the manufacturer involved in the Court case, and if the car is old then they may not even have the information anymore. I'll say the same thing about safety inspections too; I should be allowed to install lightweight glass and remove my bumper beams if I want because you're permitting every car that was ever produced without those features on the road anyway, possibly without any crash testing. This should be between you and the insurance company to sort out, judging the car as-is and not to what extent it's been "modified".

>You just can't apply laws retroactively

You'd hate living in California or Japan m80

Problem is that people from outside of cities can drive into cities.

>
>street executions
Two lampposts and steel wire. Effective and entertaining.

The only regulations i would ever get behind is headlight height regulations. There's no reason your fucking headlights should be the same level as my chin when i'm on my damn motorcycle. I could understand if i'm in my 240, that's pretty low. But on my bike, my head is about level with Ronda Rimjobber in her CUV.

I-I like loud cars

Bunch of pussies itt
I'm about to put a performance exhaust on my Challenger and rip all night

I'm from out of the big city and have a very noisy exhaust, but when I go into the city I just drive like a granny. Cities can keep their noise laws, noise laws can be non-existent where it's stupid to have them, and then people who are loud can just keep it quiet while in the city or get a ticket for it.

Best feel is hearing people do highway drags at night out in the distance while in bed. Just knowing other people are having fun.