/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #546

''Time to return to Arcadia Bay'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Soon)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13590316
strawpoll.me/13590327
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Before the Storm will make it clear that Max is guilty of nothing other than being scared to call Chloe for five years.
But we all know she already made up for that.

Question is: what is Rachel guilty of or what accidental things did she do?

>tfw you give the Bae Side a get out of jail free card

To be fair, the times we see Rachel use her powers seem to indicate it's not entirely a result of conscious control. They seem to just turn on when she's sufficiently angry, if anything.

Chloe is #1

BtS is playable at 1am in my timezone and I have to get up at 6 to drive to my school. Should I stay up and play it?

>Should I stay up and play it?
Don't do that m8

It's somewhere between two to three hours long, user. And I don't think you being tired is going to make your commute any easier. We don't want you ending up like William.

I don't see a huge problem with it. He's 16 and in the same classes as Max's age level, so I always thought it was implied that he skipped a grade or two. Coupled with Blackwell being retconned as a full high school for 14-18 year olds, it makes sense to me.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

I know. Rachel definitely did some less than favorable things like lying to Chloe about being with Frank or hiding that she was with Jefferson. There was no need to do that and it just hurt things more than they already were.
But if she can't control whatever power she has then that's not so much her fault. That's just an unfortunate accident, especially if the storm was caused when she died. That was obviously well out of her control.

Should Max ever succeed in saving Rachel by going to the past then that would seemingly solve numerous problems with one action.

I'd advise against it. I played Episode 5 in the morning after staying up and had class the next day, and was miserable. Though that was mostly because Episode 5 was the end, and left me with a post-game sickness, where as this is the beginning.
Still, get your rest, go to class, then play it when you have free time after. Sleep is important, keeps you looking cute and not like a zombie.

>William
Worth it if I get to play episode 1 first.

But then you won't get to play Episodes 2 and 3!

I always saw Blackwell as a four year high school. If it were seniors only then everyone who knew Rachel would have been held back for failing since Rachel disappeared six months before the start of the game, and the game starts one month into Max's senior year.
Warren would be a freshman in BtS so and a junior in LiS, so not too inconsistent.

Well /lisg/. Time to go do some important and exciting stuff. Enjoy the thread and the game.
Hopefully I'll be able to play it tomorrow when it *officially* comes out. The few Anons who have played it have said it's good so far, let's hope they're right.
Hype!

Yeah, everything has always pointed to Blackwell being a four year school, but I thought for sure that there was an interview or a line or dialogue or something that "canonically" made it a seniors-only school.
>not too inconsistent
Yep. Not sure why people in the last thread were spazzing out about how "illogical" it is for Chloe to have basically the same classmates as Max does three years later.

What is your favorite let's play of Life is Strange?

I kind of have an obsession with reexperiencing this game by watching other people play it, especially if they get as invested into the characters as I did.

I've made my decision.

>I know. Rachel definitely did some less than favorable things like lying to Chloe about being with Frank or hiding that she was with Jefferson. There was no need to do that and it just hurt things more than they already were.

Oh. Yeah. There was no need for that. And hopefully get a better understanding for why she was doing that stuff in BTS. Probably not though. Still, as scummy as those actions may be, if they're the worst things she's done in her life, she's probably still on the sympathetic side of things.

Yeah. I don't see why she would have conscious control over the storm once she passed. Although we do see in Episode 1 that she does have a nasty habit of lashing out at/victimizing others. So it might just be a bit of that vindictiveness that stuck around. Then again, she's also implied to be the Doe helping Max, so she doesn't seem to want everyone dead. At least not Chloe. Also, you're not wrong.

What happened that made us believe that Jefferson knew about Max's powers?

I think it was mostly the fact that it would have made him a much more interesting villain and would have actually tied the disparate plot elements together more tightly.
It may also have been because it just seemed a little coincidental that Jefferson delicately incapacitated Max, whereas he just shot Chloe in the head.

My problems with 90% of Life is Strange let's play are that a) the player doesn't take the game seriously and doesn't allow themself to get immersed, b) they make poorly-reasoned decisions, and c) they just end up disliking the characters. One particularly annoying one I'll never forget was a let's player who had, as part of their life philosophy, the belief that we should live with the consequences of things... and they brought that into the game and refused to rewind pretty much anything.
I've only seen one or two that I've actually liked, but I don't remember the names.

90% of let's plays are shit for every game. You have to spend some time finding good ones. Youtube's search function isn't the best for this, which is why I was interested in who you guys liked.

Birdyboots, Kay Plays, and Strange Rebel Gaming are probably my favorite ones. I'm drawn towards female let's players because they tend to be more open with their emotions.

>page 9 just hours before BtS is released
THE ULTIMATE JUST

25 MINUTES.

Until what?

6 hours for me..

16 hours for me

>page 10

Spoilers ! DING DING DING !
Does Rachel have some sort of super power? If you saw the ending, you saw that when she screams it's as if she can control the wind.
Could this be a reference to the tornado from the 1st game? Could rachel have sent that tornado from beyond the grave?
Like Deck9 said in their invterview: "there are many hidden secrets. Some with a supernatural element. We will enjoy the fan speculation online."

Oh god, don't look on Chloe's phone messages.

Max...

Pricefield got destroyed, right?

So did they no homo Chloe yet or nah

>no homo
*no lesbo

I see no option to buy a season pass. Did I miss it?

You did; it exists
Same thing, lesbos are gay homos

Apparently there's a LOT of sexual tension between Chloe and Rachel.

Seriously fuck Deck9 for this staggered release stuff. I have to wait until 12:01 PM? What the fucks with that? Just make it AM so I don't have to wait until the middle of the day.

>preload game
>change system time to september 1st
>????????
>pRoPHiT!1!1!!!11!!!!!

I've been gone for a few days, are you faggots memeing or has something come out showing Rachel has powers?

The game is out in a good fraction of the world now, so there's no more need for speculation. She does indeed have powers.

The end of the first episode of BTS seems to lean towards Rachel having powers over wind. No memeing. I promise.

I finally pulled the trigger on pre-ordering the deluxe edition after some good impressions started coming out this morning. I think it'll be worth it.

That's sort of upsetting. I really thought season 1 implied that Chloe's feelings were unrequited and I don't want anyone other than Max crushing on Chloe.

Time spent away from Arcadia Bay: 1 year, 10 months, 10 days
Time until return to Arcadia Bay: 5 hours

Samantha is perfect! I love her!

THIS GAME IS AMAZING.

Does she have wind powers? Kinda dumb.

Who's that smiling woman with her dad?

The sexual tension, oh, shit.

Rachel can still have sex with Chloe without actually feeling the same way that Chloe does. Chloe loves Rachel. Rachel likes Chloe as a good friend and (maybe) fuckbuddy.

>Does she have wind powers? Kinda dumb.

If Rachel is an airbender thats basically all I wanted out of the prequel: proof Max isnt the only one with powers. Wind powers would even point further towards Rachel being the cause of the storm, not Max.

Man this looks great. People who have played it have all been saying that it perfectly recaptures the feeling and atmosphere of season 1, and everything I've seen so far sure makes it seem like that's true. 4 hours 20 minutes (blaze)

qt

Can't wait!

Does that mean Rachel wanted Chloe dead?

Maybe, but still feels contradictory when you consider that Chloe said she crushed on Rachel and left it at that.

you must ELIMINATE yourself

Even if Rachel's spirit ends up being "responsible" in some sense, Max is still ultimately responsible for deciding whether it comes or stays away.

I actually think giving Rachel wind powers and connecting that to the storm is fucking clever as hell. Bravo Deck Nine.

>Rachel has wind powers.
So we /Infamous/ now? Is the new protagonist in season 2 going have some freaky unique power?

For those who've played it, is it good?

>Chloe: "Maybe this is Rachel's revenge"
BRAVO GARRISS

Compared to the base game? No.

However, if Rachel is responsible, it means letting Chloe die in the bathroom will be even less likely to definitively save the town. If the storm is caused by Rachel and not by Max, theres nothing saying she cant simply wait until Chloe has her nice funeral, and then start the whole storm cycle up.

Honestly I've always sort of thought the blue butterfly showing up at the funeral meant the storm was just delayed, not stopped, and this would only reinforce that belief.

>Is the new protagonist in season 2 going have some freaky unique power?
That was essentially a given even before we knew about Rachel having powers.

>Honestly I've always sort of thought the blue butterfly showing up at the funeral meant the storm was just delayed,
I'm not so sure. The butterfly shows up at the beginning of the game at a moment when Max has a chance to use her powers to save Chloe. It shows up again at her funeral, which is perhaps symbolic of Max having one last chance (not literally) to save Chloe through another photo jump.

She saves Chloe the first time the butterfly shows up, causing the storm. She doesn't the second time it shows up, keeping it at bay.

Wouldn't be /lisg/ if there weren't people arguing about the bay ending, even just an hour or two before a new game is released.

Only explanation I could give for how the Bay Ending works is that Rachel's spirit is trying to stop the storm but cannot, if Chloe's spirit joins Rachel's then together they can stop the storm.
That still doesn't explain why Max would ever reach the conclusion she could do anything to stop the storm, or eliminate her clear dedication to Chloe. Even if you find a way to bay the Bay Ending make sense and fit into what we know, and any future revelations, it's still Bae > Bay.

The butterfly just seems to be representative of change. It may be someone's spirit since supposedly it's not effected by Max's power, but it's also a real butterfly. It's not a specter like Rachel's spirit doe is.

I also wonder why Rachel appeared specifically as a doe. Is that because of some connection to the natives or because she's guiding Max (becoming her spirit animal in more than one way)
If Rachel should appear to Max again, or even to Chloe and others in dreams, would she have her real image and voice since those people would know it and Max would not?

The obvious solution is that Max eventually goes back further and saves Rachel. Preventing all related nonsense in one fell swoop.

Sure, but that leaves you with a garbage love triangle

Pricefieldfag, please.

Moron, please.

Agree. It's the best option and one well within Max's power as long as changing six months worth of events doesn't backfire.
That's the only risky apart.

Respectfully disagree. There'd be no triangle since Chloe would then have two very close friends. Rachel wouldn't feel compelled to lie to Chloe to keep her happy and Chloe would easily choose Max. Max was who Chloe wanted to spend her life with long before she met Rachel, and someone who still holds those hopes after Max is gone and after she returns. Chloe may have had plans with Rachel but it's clear they were never going to work out and that Rachel was not going to go into a false relationship to appease Chloe. That's the one lie that could never be told, and the smartest thing Rachel did was not crossing that line.
If Max saves Rachel, then Rachel either goes off on her life or keeps in contact with Chloe and Max as their friend. There's no risk of 'Rachel stealing Chloe' because Rachel never wanted Chloe in that way.

>Pricefield is already starting to fall
I knew this would happen. sigh

You're assuming that Rachel isn't gay and isn't interested in Chloe. If we're taking it as canon, this game shows that probably isn't right.

Arcadia Bay ETA: 3 hours 30 mins

>Pricefield is already starting to fall
Good.

>he thinks he can kill Pricefield
Haha, what?

Why you got to bring shipping into this, man? I'm just trying to use my imagination to get the best possible ending here.

user, please. There was nothing shippy in my post.

She admits to feeling something too at the end of Episode 1 if pick the "Something More" option in the junkyard. Admittedly she could be lying. So, it's up in the air.

Some anons are idiots and forget Rachel loved Frank, not Chloe, so they think Rachel being alive inevitably means love triangle.

Canon says that Rachel was in relationships with others (the ones we know about being men), wanted to tell Chloe, and didn't tell her.
Chloe would not be alright with some kind of open relationship, so if they were together why would Rachel even consider telling her?
At most Rachel may have had some feelings for Chloe at first but she realized they were short lived and that she just wanted to be Chloe's friend.
Unless BtS establishes itself as something separate, then there's a hard limit they can take thing between Rachel and Chloe.
Pricefield is an unsinkable ship!

I know what you meant. I love the idea of Max saving Rachel. Saving Chloe's friend, Max gaining yet another friend, the storm being averted, and Jefferson and Nathan being caught before they can harm Kate or others.

It's fate they meet. If Rachel has powers then maybe she also got visions like Max did of certain events. Chloe thinks Rachel could be the key to turning her life around since in just one day they hit it off and had fun. Rachel knows being Chloe's friend can mean danger but she doesn't care.

Her relationship with Frank, at least, wasn't established until well after BtS. Yeah though, that shows she's probably bi. I don't remember anything from the first game putting a hard limit on Chloe and Rachel's relationship.

Have any of you guys deciphered the graffiti/writing on the train? I seen it on a walkthrough and it made me curious

>I don't remember anything from the first game putting a hard limit on Chloe and Rachel's relationship.
There was absolutely nothing to suggest they were ever together romantically. It was a subject practically avoided because Chloe didn't like the reality of things.
Look at how Chloe speaks about Rachel and how Rachel writes to Chloe. That's not two girlfriends, or even exes, speaking about/to each other. That's two friends trying to keep their feelings down to not making things awkward or offensive to the other.

Just pre ordered. Digging the theme music w/ it.

Also I took work off to play tomorrow.

3 hours, PS4 bruhs

>glass walls and tornadoes
>can't stop your storms from reaching my bays
>unless you're max, and it's her fault if they do

That doesn't really follow the rhythm of the song at all...
Though now I have Glass Walls stuck in my head.
>Ah ah ah ahhhh
>Aaahh ah ah ah ahhhh
>*do do do*
>Do you believe in destiny, and fate?

Hey guys, I made a thread on /v/, just thought you should know. I forgot to tell them to come visit us, so I'll just add it into a comment. We'll have some new friends soon!

Who's the fucking idiot thats letting the PC release 2 fucking DAYS after everywhere else gets it. What the fuck?

12 NOON for pc release. eat a fucking dick dontnod i want a refund actually.

Punk doe shirt? Good taste.

I don't know why this General likes Kari Price so much. She's a cunt.

This game is so fucking gay

Rachel keeps flirting with Chloe and Chloe is absolutely clueless and keeps saying awkward shit. I half loved it half felt second hand embarassment throughout the entire second half of the episode, welp

The ending implies she/her feelings can subconsciously control nature or at least parts of it

Anyway, I was the ideal girlfriend and she would still be mad at me at the junkyard scene.
I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be because they later apologize to each other and have this confession moment but the trailers implied you can get a different outcome of the junkyard scene so GUIDES WHERE

Well Im sorry but the very ending of this episode BTFOs you. Rachel explicitly calls whats between her and Chloe "new and amazing" and she thanks Chloe if she admits to having feelings for her and says shes glad Chloe feels it too
Also its kinda implied she was interested in Chloe for a long time

Pricefield is officially BTFO.

The countdown just ended on their site and guess what, nothing happened after 0 secs.

At best, it's BTFO until Rachel is killed. No matter what, at the end of Chloe's story, Max and her are together.

10 more hours.. fuck..

Why is she such a useless lesbian