Daily bike thread - dbt

Ok nobike
I've done super rough shit on dual sport tires.
Its not a big deal with some skill.
Remember: its 80% rider, 20% bike

>Motorcycle Shitposting
>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

Gaydar:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
No Grom? Try the ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/258884294
youtube.com/watch?v=S5L2K2PXGtA
cycleworld.com/odins-beard-indian-just-hired-designer-ola-stenegard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second for 1000+bhp per ton.

Are Korean bikes good?

Pic related. It’s from Hyosung.

you just don’t realize that some deadly std’s are still realistically undetectable by current medical sciences. I’m sure your so-called liberal European authorities realize this but do nothing and continue succrificing these ignorant sheep to satisfy potential sex offenders like yourself.

They're ok but you're better off buying a used Jap one instead

vimeo.com/258884294

Bretty good

Is that to the wheel?

yep

I wonder how much it'll make when you get rid of all the emissions junk, a proper exhaust and tune

The S1000RR dynos at what? 183?

Whew. Impressive.

In all fairness the BMW is lower displacement

Daytona bike week starts tomorrow. Who here hype!

They're slightly better than they used to be but they're still completely shit.

Does the 250 still use a GS500 frame?

Sure, but the Bolognese's numbers are still there, cheater or not. :^)

The question is whether they will be eligible in competition since it's no longer a v2. Any word on this?

V4R 1000CC Homologation model wil come out next year.

Which sucks because if I ever wanted to race in amateur leagues, I would have to go out and spend 30-35k (which is what the current pani R goes for).

>Dynojet Dyno
>Dynojet HP

So what is the number to subtract for that? 15%?

Looks like most of the dyno numbers are fairly consistent. Lowest I've seen is 189 on a dyno that lowballs consistently, highest is the MotoRapido dyno that got 202.

>tfw no vitpilen

Who's riding to Sturgis this year?

S U Z U K I - C H A N

It will be interesting to see how it will complete with the new S1000RR coming next year. I doubt BMW will go with counter rotating crank, but will probably be lighter and up on power

Conversion rotated the webm I think I'm sorry.

They clearly didn't consider this thing being ridden in the rain and in traffic. It flicks water up under the fairings which is then turned into steam. I got stuck at a light and everything fogged up in the most hilarious way.

Hooold the liiiine, love is always on tiime, ooh oooh ooooh!

Some local racing organizations might finagle the rules to allow it like they did with the 636 so people didn't have to get ZX-6RRs.

Christ that's scary. How hot does it run in traffic anyway?

how fucking hot does that thing run? i've never had a bike stay hot enough to boil water

>s scary. How hot does it run in traffic anyway
less hot than the 959 so far. That silver frame you see in that video goes heat up though

>tune and 10% bigger engine
>makes 5% more power than a stock rsv4
truly some amazing engineering

Where did it show it as having a tune?

Not much heat makes it to the rider, the fairings do a pretty decent job of keeping the heat isolated to the engine bay. The steam isn't coming from the water landing on top of the bike, it's coming from water that finds its way to the motor from below.

It got kinda warm when I was stuck in stop and go traffic for 45+ minutes, but I didn't notice it too much until I had to stop and lean the bike over. The leg on the far side ended up pushing against the bike and it got real hot real fucking quick.

Similar thing happens with my bikes but from the exhaust wrap. Not as much steam and from under the bike so it doesn't go directly into my face.
Looks spooky.

Numbers have varied a lot. It's impossible to compare it to any bike unless they are dynoed on the same day on the same rig. V4 numbers have been as low as 189hp to as high as 202hp to the wheel. Keep in mind most of these bikes haven't been ran in yet and they are meeting Euro4.

Yeah, I'm just shitposting
RSV4 is a heavy cunt too, thought apparently you don't feel it.

Spring is here boys

>tune
>sheet title is "Break In"
...wat?

>not throwing a pcv on it straight off the showroom floor
It's like you want your engine to explode from Euro 4 fueling

When you going to write this one off on the track?

>fairweather faggot

Just for that I'm going to add double cats, double evap cans, cut the noise in half, and run lean.
:^)

I road all year man. Doesn't mean I can't be excited about some warm sun

Sure ya did.

This. Been riding all through the WA winter, this upcoming weekend is supposed to be 60+ and sunny so we're all pretty excited.

>still uses power commanders

Disgusting

What's the go to these days for Ducati?

If I had a car or license I probably wouldn't have 2bh, but biking is my sole form of transportation

At least snow this year wasn't too bad. Planning on taking the V4 to the ridge?

Sup guys

No clue I don’t own a Ducati. I was only shitposting for bait (You)s as ECU reflashing vs PCV always brings in discussion.

Can you even reflash Ducati ECUs or is PC the only option?

The Rapidbike EVO is typically what Ducati owners go for. Power commanders work, but they don't mess with the closed loop which is below 5krpm or so with Ducatis. You can get the ECU flashed still with Rexxer or whatever you want.

Hell yeah. I haven't been to the ridge yet, but I've heard it's a great track and would love to take the V4 there this summer.

Oil leaking from right fork when I use brakes and hit bumps!
What do?

I've always read that tuning via flashing is very time consuming - it's good for some things, but not so much exact fuel mapping

Oh yeah I forgot about the closed loop zone as well. Does rapid bike manage to control that?

Hello big Brother

I had the EVO on the 959, when I traded it in, i removed it and I'm going to save it for the V4 when the maps come out

Change your fork seals.

I'll be there on July 10th for CSS. You should sign up and bring it with

Wut byke

Yeah, Rapidbike controls the closed loop by fucking with the voltage the O2 sensors send back to the ECU. Unlike the PC, the EVO constantly adjusts and "learns." The former typically has a set voltage for the closed loop and can improve performance, but not maximize it.

Alright!

ninja 250

Good to know.
I just got an EVO in and will be installing it tomorrow.
Any other tips?

My r1 is tuned using Woolich Racing products and they could change anything I wanted from fueling to limiter settings as well as adding shit like quickshift/autoblip and pit lane mode.

What I like about it most is that it’s only tuned in A mode so if I ride in Standard mode it’s a stock R1 but If I switch it over to A mode it becomes some unleashed beast of a machine.

I gotta wait and see what our schedule looks like. Might, unlikely, but might be heading out to sea around then.

Would /dbt/ like to post images of their motorcycles this evening?

We get it. You vape.

kek

An old friend of mine just got a bike like 5 hours ago and I can't wait to hassle him to ride somewhere together

Triumph Bonneville's are pure sex.

You can also try cleaning the leaking seal, see if that works

youtube.com/watch?v=S5L2K2PXGtA

>he hasnt been looking forward to the warm weather

godamn, you got some serious pwr. how is it opening up? can you jast mash on the throttle and the electronics just take car of the rest?

oh is it rly? hahaha that sucks.

riding with beginners kind of sucks

i know that feeling. beginners should only ride with beginners. i just like to random fast riders on the canyon and race them. its great that its different bikes all the time and even better if its a car.

That sounds like a collision waiting to happen.

Holy jesus.

Ola Stenegärd, Lead Motorcycle Designer for the last 15 years at BMW, designer of the glorious R nineT and S1000RR, has jumped ship to design new non-cruiser class models for Indian.

What timeline is this?

by "Designer" do you mean they draw sketches for how they want the bike to look or they are an engineer and design the systems?

Bring me FTR or bring me death.

Or bring me death on an FTR.

we all gotta die sometime

Good thing I'm rusty as shit since I haven't been going fast for months
You joking, right?
The r9t is absolute trash
Retro looking hipster bait with 0 interesting bits
The s1k looks like what the MT designer would have drawn after a week long orgy at Micheal bay's mansion

cycleworld.com/odins-beard-indian-just-hired-designer-ola-stenegard

I don't know, I'm not a Lead Motorcycle Designer for a major manufacturer, but I imagine they're pretty instrumental in determining how a motorcycle is going to look on the outside. Stenegärd is very famous for building customs as well as designing them, he's no slouch in the mechanical department.

those sneakers

This makes me excited about what Indian ill buy next!

Ok. Show us what you like.

What people really want is more pictures of my new bike.

And if they don't I'm posting anyway. About 250 miles in one day.

Met this chill Harley rider on the side of the road. Nice dude.

I like this guy

Nice Shadow mate. My buddy is getting one from an uncle soon, looking forward to getting it running.

Anything less than 50/50 is garbage

What's up fellow Indian user. Any big trips coming up?

What? I've taken 80/20s on extremely hard trails. Either you need new tires, a new bike, or a new rider.

What does dbt think about the Honda Rune?

Do you guys run with your high beams on all the time?

Pretty cool looking in person. Pricey as fuck though

Too much chrome and bling. More flat colours and a less ricey rear wheel and it could be gorgeous.

You get to pick any sportbike,dualsport, and cruiser you want but it has to be less than 1000cc

What do you pick?

Looks like some fallout concept art turned real.