Why do so many people take perfectly good cars and

Why do so many people take perfectly good cars and

1) Ruin them with stupid and/or pointless mods

2) Think that these mods somehow adds value to the resale value?

Prime example of that here
poconos.craigslist.org/cto/d/99-civic/6523491205.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-ford-mustang-mach-1/6522917322.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People want to personalize their vehicles, wow that was hard to figure out.
(I don't modify my car, I'm a purist)

1. People can do whatever they want with their cars, fuck off
2. Free market, fuck off

1. ricers gonna rice
2. stupids gonna stupid

Because a large part of people are dumb and have no taste. Also shitskins.
>People want to personalize their vehicles, wow that was hard to figure out.
I find "personalizing" your car is like maintaining your social media profile; manipulating variables that don't matter in the long run.

Well a hatchback civic in good shape is definitely worth $5k if you're in an area where winter is a thing, and simply buying all the mods that are already installed would probably cost more than $4k, so that's not a bad deal if you want a car that could go fast but can't because it's lowered and cambered.

It's not like these people think in the long run user, I mean some do, I know a dude whose had his riced civic for 8 years now.

You really don't find it ridiculous that someone would take an eco car like a civic, invest all that money into modding it and ruin it when it will NEVER compete with any car that's even slightly new let alone from the last 5-10 years, then turn around and try to resell it for nearly 10k? Then ask smog about it as if that's a justifiable price?

Anyone who sells a clean EF/EG/EK Civic hatch is an idiot regardless.

>$9500

But for 9k you could get a stock mustang GT that would be just as fast if not faster than that POS civic without the stanced bs

It took me 30 seconds to find this
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-ford-mustang-mach-1/6522917322.html

This car would BTFO that civic and it looks mountains better and it's the exact same price

True, and I'd never buy it, but if you were a ricer/stance fag who doesn't work on his own cars, it'd be much cheaper to buy this than buy a clean one and pay a garage to install all that shit.

I guess that's a good point. I just find it funny that someone would ask for 9k for a fucking stanced/riced civic when anyone with that much money on hand would most likely buy an actual fast car that they can do more with, but I could always be wrong. I really just don't get what people like this guy are thinking

Yeah it's ridiculous, and I'd be amazed if it's even close to 200 whp.

I feel like he'll find someone to offer him closer to 8k sooner or later, but even then it'd still be retarded if you actually care about going fast.

Maybe, it is PA so there's no shortage of idiots there

>tfw took a unique engine (1.8l v6)
>straightpiped it

Nothing you can do boyos

>Maybe, it is PA so there's no shortage of idiots there
Is this a property that is somehow unique to PA as opposed to every other state in the uinion?

>>tfw took a unique engine (1.8l v6)

>skunk2

I'm speaking from my experience so I don't know. Don't get me wrong they're perfectly nice people otherwise, for the most part. I'm sure the retard population is higher in other parts of America

You've got maryland, new jersey and new york a stones throw away, but PA has the concentration of idiots?

Name another 1.8 v6

its unique

Why do white people care so much about how well a car goes over a speed bump?

>PA is smarter than NJ and NY
You're joking right?

>"I only want to trade for something that's turbo'd"
he's not very bright.

Besides the gay ass camber this isn't so bad. I would probably pass on some of the interior mods (like the sound system) I'd spend the money on a turbo kit instead.

>and pay a garage to install all that shit.

Well, almost all of the fun that comes from modding a car is the hands on/do it yourself feeling you get. I'd rather buy an un-modded car for $3k and then throw $6k at it instead of buying this for $9k.
Besides, without the retarded camber and the air lift it would be much cheaper to build.

Other then the wheels and terrible alignment that looks pretty good, even if it had a bone stock b16 I'll still drive it

One is slightly conservative, the other two are extremely liberal.
Nuff said.

What kind of dangus posts the same pics twice just because one has an Instagram filter on it and one doesn't?

I don't understand, are you saying liberals are smart or dumb?

Most liberals are more empathetic and less logical and posses a higher emotional intelligence while conservatives are usually less empathetic and more logical and posses a higher conceptual intelligence.

I consider most right leaning people to be more capable of intelligent decision making than left leaning people.

This is true

It's a shame, because I understand why liberals think like they do. I get that they really want to help people and they honestly believe giving people stuff will help them.
It's too bad it doesn't work. There will always be poor people, because there will always be lazy people. The more we give them, the less they need to work, the lazier they get. Just like a spoiled kid, the only way to fix the issue is to make them work for what they want. That's how you build work ethic and that's how you live a happier life. Most of the happiest people I know work almost nonstop and most of the miserable people are lazy and sit on their ass all day doing nothing productive.

And that's the end of my political rant on the auto board. Contribooting with my modded and "ruined" shitboxes.

The only reason NY is "extremely liberal" is because of NYC and half of the whites in NJ are cucked and there's too many illegals/niggers who want gibs. The rest of those two states vote republican.

Either of those look anywhere near as bad as op's car. That civic looks like it's owned by some redneck hillbilly in buttfuck nowhere

>mfw I kept my car as stock as possible
>sold it for 140% of the price I bought it for
>which is essentially 180% of all the other cars that were offered at the time
>no face

whys that?

Not that user, but it's because they should have just shot me an email. I would take it off their hands no charge.

>wanting a good car for free
kys

>stanced 19 year old civic
>good
kys

Which part of the "a clean EF/EG/EK Civic hatch" did you not understand?

The part where the OP picture is a clean as fuck EG hatch, what are you trying to say?

Read the thread. Clean means unmodded. Unmodded is not stanced.

Depends on the mods and what you define as clean. It could still be "clean" if it has nice wheels and some other subtle shit.

Are you being retarded on purpose or are you naturally this way?

I don't personally give a shit about what you modify, but I think the gripes I have come from when you modify hard to find cars into oblivion.

Whenever I see a riced out mk4 or something new like a g8, I just get frustrated. The cars are already incredibly hard to find and buy - Stop making them harder to do so.

Actually good looking Civic

>take a great handling lightweight car
>make it handle worse than a 50s american land barge

>y u mad tho lmao

>Dubs can't lie

Because stock is shit

Why would he bother with all those performance parts when he clearly doesn't care about performance?

Because he's an idiot like all stancefags with civics

>OBO
>if you don't like the price keep scrolling
this pisses me off more than anything, do these people even know what OBO means? sometimes I see firm price and obo in the same description

I want to know why people do just plain stupid shit with their cars.

I have(had) a friend that drives a black 2013 Chevy Cruze eco 6 speed. he put a cold air intake on it and straight piped it. He's so proud of his shitty car and loves the way it sounds. It's really fucking annoying is what it is.

That mustang in the background is so many fathom better than this "9,500 civic"
Sheeeit boy

That's what triggered me the most about this ad too. The blatant arrogance of this fag is out of this world. I'd bet any money that in his mind, he's going to have people offering him MORE than 9500. That's probably why he put OBO in there, like anyone's going to want to buy this pile of shit for more than that

Anyone actually contact this guy yet? If so please post results for the lulz

>takes a rare lightweight civic hatch with manual trans
>fucks it to death with gay mods
People like this don't deserve to have a license

>don't matter in the long run
Better stop spending anything and just kys, you're gonna die in the long run anyway

i wanted to defend it because i believe that some people just like rice and it's okay to do so, but then i've read this arrogant description and saw this absolutely random pile of modifications and now i give up. this kind of rice is not okay, pretending to be a sports car with bucket seats and then slapping 200kg of audio equipment on it is not okay

Normally I wouldn't really care, but to do this to a fucking 99 civic hatch is wrong on so many levels. If you're gonna go full retard like this, do it to a car nobody gives a fuck about. Not something like this. Not to mention like you said, the randomness and general stupidity of the mods to boot

and nothing of value was lost

>says the underage forza fag with no license

wrong on both counts. it's a 20-year-old econobox.

It takes me back

Dude. It is a fucking 99.
A. 1999. A 1999 economy car.

There are entire dedicated sportscars from the same year that people dont even bother with. Do you really think anyone but yourself or a small clique of weirdos on a taiwanese ping pong board care about these?

Well whats funny is. Its enough that you and the others help drive the market up on "clean" cars like this.
Only to modify them yourselves.

Hypocrites the lot of you "stock" fags.

>REEEE OLD CARS ARE SHIT BUY NEW CARS THAT ARE FUCKING GAY AS FUCK BECAUSE THEYRE NEW AND STUFF REEEEEE

Why are you faggots even here? Don't you two have some pg-13 movie to watch in the theater with all the other braindead idiots your age while you scream at the screen like the fucking autists that you are?

The only car I own right now is a 1999 mustang cobra.
Why are you attacking me out of what I said to you?

Please be nice and we can discuss this. If you want to be the next jay leno or 80s and 90s economy cars. You need to do the same work as a collector like him.
Spending obtuse amounts of money and going out of your way to find real gold.

jesus christ could you project any harder? i don't own new cars. i like older cars. one fucking honda civic isn't something worth sperging about.

Get off of my craigslist post

Fuck you and your gaystang

I find it ridiculous that you care so much about what some other guy does with his own car that you post about it here.