A solution to the lack of real off-road vehicles

Every crossover, from every company, should have an "adventure" trim package. There's really little need to manufacture specific "off-road" vehicles anymore, and with gas mileage regulations designs like the Wrangler a big cuck trucks won't be possible soon.

Having an adventure trim level (lifted, AT tires, skid guards) means you can have pretty much the same gas mileage as the standard crossover's trim level, yet not get stuck in dirt or scrape the shit out of the bottom of your car.

Car companies love trim levels, because it allows them to jack up the final sale price by adding features that the base model doesn't have (but if it's stuff you want/need, then there's no issue). We can get manufacturers to get behind this idea, and hope that they'll offer such packages for wagons eventually too.

If you're involved with a car manufacturer, congratulations I just made you millions. If you're a light off-road enthusiast, go forth and shill the idea so we can get better stock offerings from manufacturers.

You know mileage requirements don't apply to trucks, right?

Literally just buy a Land Cruiser.

>requirements
Required or not, it's stupid to drive a truck as an everyday driver unless you live out in county territory off some snowy unimproved forest service road, and have to haul your own water/shit for your ranch. Everyone else that drives a truck is just LARPing as self sufficient country folk.

>Cuck Cruiser

I don't have kids.

>Passing on your genes is cuckoldry
That word has lost all meaning.

You wouldn't be able to get to the sick campsites with that. I see dangly bits underneath that are just asking to get ripped off.

Why not just import the SUV variants of midsize pickups that already exist globally?
>Ford Everest
>GM Colorado 7/Trailblazer
>Isuzu MU
>Mitsubishi Montero Sport
>Toyota Fortuner

Your a fool and shouldn't have kids anyway

You cant just import cars! Well, you can but you can't just get them registered.

That Fortuner looks sex though.

I wasn't implying as a personal import you dingus, but in the same vain as OP's mentioning as factory options.

Well none of those options really cover the concept i mentioned...

>lets actually put effort into our cars that we only manufacture to make us lots of money!
what the hell are you talking about OP

They can make more money by selling these packages... There's a market that it appeals to, no doubt.

In what way?

Not lifted, no AT tires, no skid plates, not even any fancy offroad boi body cladding...

>Not lifted
wrong
>no AT tires
wrong again
>no skid plates
wrong again
>not even any fancy offroad boi body cladding...
So you're more concerned about it looking offroad ready instead of actually being offroad ready? Is this a reddit battlewagon thread?

A bit of lift alone won't make your car much more offroad capable. You'll have to re-engineer the entire suspension for better articulation and so on, as well as re-engineering the differentials or adding four wheel drive in the first place. Adding a lift and big tires is what private amateurs do.

Wow, that's the perfect package to be able to navigate over a few wood chips in a National Park campground! Useless for anything actually offroad though.

>18777265
No I'm not wrong, they don't have any of those things. Here's a VW alltrack with a "cross country" package as an example of what I'm talking about.

So do those things with the package.

What I'm saving them is having to design an entirely new vehicle, one that will be loved by a small niche group but won't sell well to the masses (ie: cancelled Xterra, cancelled FJ cruiser, even the Wrangler is losing sales)

>No I'm not wrong, they don't have any of those things
They're literally SUVs based on their manufacturer's respective midsize 4x4 pickup, and they do have all those things. Moot point as it sounds like you're more concerned with a bit of superficial external decoration instead of substance.

You're a moot point. You posted a bunch of crossovers. How would those do any better than a standard rav4?

>You posted a bunch of crossovers
>SUVs based on ladderbar truck platforms are crossovers
By your logic a Suburban is a crossover.
>How would those do any better than a standard rav4?
By having a poper locked 4x4 transmission and live axle rear (most of them with optional rear diff lock) and real world suspension travel and geometry that isn't compromised by passenger car requirements like, you know, crossovers.

>
>>Not lifted
>wrong
thia actually helps your clearance in some situations, it can help keep the driveline away from rocks and provides more ability in deep water crossings, dont get me wrong i see a lot of brotrux out here lifted to the sky with 22s and no tire. but 15s/35s with a good 4.5 to 5.5 lift with longarms from a reputable company can be a beast on the trails
>>no AT tires
>wrong again
all terrains are actually awesome, ive been all over south-mid west and havent had any trouble. snow theyre shit, mud they do ok. ive seen guys do better with mud terrains in bad siutations but theyre garbage on the street for the most part so he does have a good point here going with AT
>>no skid plates
>wrong again
skid plates really come in handy if youre banging off rocks which we have plenty of in the southwest, you really dont want to puncture your gas tank or drop the tranny/tcase on a rock. skid plate can help you as you drag over the rock and avoiding damage to the component however they do come with a weight cost
>>not even any fancy offroad boi body cladding...
>So you're more concerned about it looking offroad ready instead of actually being offroad ready? Is this a reddit battlewagon thread?
body cladding depends. some ive seen have extra grab rails, integrated flares, some guys arent able to gauge their clearance horizontally very well and end up ripping off a fender flare. with the flare tied into the whole fender its stronger and sometimes they even look cooler that way probably how im gonna do mine honestly.

Not only you've missquoted poster, but you haven't quite comprehended what I was saying. This retard is trying to claim these examples which I posted here are crossovers which lack the options said retard quoted here .
The "wrong" wasn't me implying those options are unneeded, but implying they do indeed have those options.
Also, each one of those has access to far more superior body protection like factory steel winch bullbars than some plastic trim on some "alltrac" models.

>Just do everything in the package. It saves them from having to build a new vehicle!

It's easier to just build that niche vehicle than to try and retrofit an inferior product designed for a completely different purpose. I don't think you comprehend just how much engineering and R&D would need to go into a trim package like that.

I drive a 1t payload 4x4 ute which gets 8l/100km, wtf would I want a crossover which gets the same but can only carry 400kg.

Disregard OP. OP sports an extra chromosome.

pretty good idea op, but lets not forget that modern suvs would need alot more that tires and lift to make even slightly compitent offroaders

I'm not talking about rock crawlers and 50 ton haulers, I'm talking about efficient vehicles that can handle decently rocky trails. Trucks already exist for those other purposes so that's not an issue.

Fiat does that already lol

This, or a 4Runner if you arent rich

I have a massive hard-on for the everest

Which is what your car based crossover crap ultimately fails at. Hence why it'd make more sense for a manufacturer to look at bringing in these

Posting my favourite example.

>passing your genes ever
>not paying to have them frozen forever

The problem with this is the fact that most Crossovers come with a tiny, torqueless engine and a CVT transmission, neither of which would hold up to any sort of off-road usage. Not to mention the fact that they are not meant to take the repeated impacts or harsh shaking that off-roading can cause. Also, how robust is electric steering? I don’t know if it will hold up to any sort of off-roading. I know my old Suburban had an issue with over heating power steering fluid and pump so I had to upgrade the PS cooler.

electric power steering is miles better than hydraulic

You can’t merge all crossovers into one category. Obviously a Rav4 is going to be more capable than peugeot 3008

Better for off road? Or just better? My GF’s car has it and it’s garbage in terms of feedback and input.

Eh, the biggest problem is a drivetrain and suspension geometry that's not up to any more of a task further than driving on some grass or a gravel road.
Basically OP is a reddit tier larping faggot who just wants a factory offered battlewagon.

No I want something efficient that isn't glued to the road.

So would fit your description perfectly.

A Prado is a better option if you're poor.

Those aren't available in non-caliphate land.

That's the point of this thread isn't it?
>I wish manufacturers could provide this
Or a Lexus GX :)

The GX is worse at off-roading.

How so?

I can't remember specifics, but a while ago we were in the market for an off-road SUV. Apparently the GX wasn't as capable with the tough stuff.

I owned a RAV4, and it's not an offroad vehicle. To make them offroad-worthy you need to do way more modding than Toyota would ever do from the factory.

pic related, it's what an actual offroad RAV4 looks like

Well considering it's a rebadged Prado with different engine options, I don't see why it wouldn't be as capable. Unless maybe it has a lower chin spoiler for superficial approach angles?

*quietly appreciates in value*

stop projecting your lifestyle onto others

how dare you

Seriously what do you haul in that bed besides air 99.9% of the time?

You're called truck cucks because you paid full price for half a vehicle, the whole damn rear is missing.

Prado is a baby landie lol

"Landie" is a Landrover.
But nah, Prado's just a pigfat 4Runner/Fortuner.

Landie is a land cruiser. Land rover is irrelevant off road

i haul your tears

Landie most definitely refers to a Land Rover, it predates the Land Cruiser as a car which is referred to as a Cruiser.

If you're a city cuck :^)

Landie has always been related to Landrover. Until maybe recently with backwards retarded bogan millenials who also refer to petrol as "petty".

This 100%

There is literally no reason to get any other off-roader than the Prado.
The Toyota Prado is literally the pinnacle of off-road vehicles.
Literally nothing in the market compares

Apart from a Montero at similar size and much heavier duty drivetrain :)

This, I'd have the Pajero/Montero/Shogun, better driveline, way more room, switchable 2wd/4wd.

>having the heart to explain to others is Autism
I would've thought Autism would be the opposite