/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General/

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #903 - KNUCKED Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/902889869411745793
youtu.be/eEf1gAwLEbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CHgpSt5c4ns&t=0s
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
senshistock.com/sketch/#
posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/
newgrounds.com/portal/view/289147
youtu.be/J9KkZKh4v-0
newgrounds.com/portal/view/236653
newgrounds.com/portal/view/295575
docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/mobilebasic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fest

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!

Back to basics for now

post sonic

Sonic is a homosexual for amy rose

I feel like this needs an update.

So are Knuckles' Mania stages just alternate pathways in a Sonic playthrough, or does Knuckles flat-out have different maps than Sonic and Tails do?

Knuckles routes in Sonic 3K were all on the same map as Sonic and Tails' user, and this isn't really any different.

Slow rat

>chris would develop the bond with elise
obby

>AmyAmy
Pros: Would get along extremely well.
Cons: Would be jealous of each other.
>SonAmy
Pros: Amicable relationship. Two free-spirited individuals who love going out with each other and letting loose.
Cons: Amy wants to be a housewife and share a deep emotional bond with him but Sonic is too immature for that and doesn't want to be tied down.
>TaiAmy
Pros: Both dedicated and reliable people who are drawn to certain people (Sonic). Can't really see the pros in this one Tbh.
Cons: Tails is too much of a smart-ass not to get on Amy's nerves and Amy doesn't have the same coolness and effectiveness that Sonic does.
>KnuxAmy
Pros: Amy is sweet & loving and Knuckles is strong and protective. Good brother-sisterly bond and traditional female-male dynamics.
Cons: Knuckles can be a bit thickheaded and that would get on Amy's nerves a lot. Also, they're both very short tempered and passionate individuals who'd most likely fight all the time.
>ShadAmy
Pros: Amy's innocent and nurturing nature would comfort Shadow and Shadow's pragmaticness would direct Amy into a right path.
Cons: Shadow's broodiness would slog down Amy significantly and Amy's naivete would irritate Shadow.
>EggAmy
Pros: ???
Cons: Nigga that's just wrong.
>MetAmy
Pros: Beauty and the Beast relationship.
Cons: Metal Sonic is a blood thirsty psychopathic robot.

Cute rat!

This is the most recent one I have, but it isn't nearly as fun. It's just WORDS WORDS WORDS.

The only flat-out different maps are Mirage Saloon Act 1 and the boss of Lava Reef Act 2. Everything else is alternate pathways on the same map, and Knuckles can of course go on Sonic's pathways as well.

Is a nice night for plumber posting, yes?

furbabs

>no Chris/Elise /ss/
GODDAMMIT NO I'M REALLY HORNY

>Metal Sonic is a blood thirsty psychopathic robot
uh since when

Hedgehogs are not rodents, but Sonic is a blue rat.

rat

True.

>BlazAmy
Pros: See ShadAmy
Cons: See ShadAmy

>CreamAmy
Pros: Both cute girls who love shopping and doing fun things together
Con: Cream is 6

>RougeAmy
Pros: Older girl can guide younger girl and open her to new experiences.

Cons: Both have different morals, expectations, goals, ect in life and will severely clash with on another.

>So are Knuckles' Mania stages just alternate pathways in a Sonic playthrough, or does Knuckles flat-out have different maps than Sonic and Tails do?
Outside of Mirage Saloon Act 1, he uses the same level maps, although his jumo height and wall breaking does sometimes lead him through unique paths.

A few of Knuckles's levels in S3K were entirely unique, even though they technically took place on the same map. Good examples of this are Angel Island Act 1 and Launch Base Act 2.
Pic related.

I've totally fallen for this lil' "Scrambled" character

Since he wanted to kill Sonic and take over the world

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/902889869411745793
post your sonic dabs

with anatomy it's best to start off with references. you don't want to start drawing sonic characters without knowing fully how a pose works. try human references or actual sonic art, just copy then replicate. then eventually morph it into your own thing.
with your sketches, i can see you're just using sticks for the arms and legs; they have bulk! you've gotta implement this into your work; think muscles.

i did a quick video for you on how i draw from scratch, if it helps at all.
youtu.be/eEf1gAwLEbQ

i've lurked for a while now and you've definitely improved from a month or so ago! and i'm not the best drawfag here but i hope i at least helped a little.

Context?

Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Nothing really matters...
Nothing really matters to me.
(Anyway the wind blows.)

Chaos probably killed plenty of people, too. Is Chaos a bloodthirsty psychopathic water god? Shadow was going to wipe out humanity on Earth by crashing the Space Colony into it. Is Shadow a bloodthirsty psychopathic hedgehog?

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=CHgpSt5c4ns&t=0s
There are only 69 days left until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, just 69 (6-d 9) days left until Sonic Forces is released in the US

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

senpai you'd go crazy too if you were built to be an exact copy/replacement of someone you could never measure up to.

wew

That's a really poor quality dab.

Depending on the costume, it may be risky or impossible to raise your arms over your head in them.

Well, Chaos and Shadow showed a good side before something Metal has never done before nor has been redeemed for yet.

When it inevitably gets delayed will you use these same photos?

why are you all doing the Kamen Rider pose?

>that smooth linework
You magician you.

But jesus man, thanks for that, it's genuinely much appreciated.
I'll start trying to draw something other than Sonic and come back to it once I understand how it all fits together.
And doodle Sonic in the meantime because I'm a weak-willed fag.

However, thanks again man.

I want a whole game where you fight using Eggman boss machines.

erm

Is there seriously no other place that has Sonic Boom in a better quality?

maybe. Even though I'm having fun doing these stupid videos and picture, I think I might go insane if if I have to redo all of them

Boomerang is not an HD channel.

Foxes east Hedgehogs and Echidnas

missing zone transitions patch when

Go back to /v/.

>"!"
>"Soni...?"
>".....What's up, Silver?"

its okay! just don't stop drawing anatomy until you get it right. it'll take a while, and of course you can break and scribble some sonics, but it's all worth it in the end. i'd recommend some art classes or use these; senshistock.com/sketch/#
posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/
draw what you see; and focus on what you don't see too. the spaces between two body parts can reflect whether you're drawing it properly, if that makes sense.
i have loooads of references involving characters, poses, sonics etc. so if you ever wanna ask something specific just post; i'm always here. watching.

rare metal dab thank u based user

pretty sure its a Dragon Ball Z pose

Sonic Mania Complete mod with max control and everything when

Does Amy mistake Metal for the real thing as well?

Well, there was this shitty flash game about that:
newgrounds.com/portal/view/289147
That's close enough, right?

Hi friends!

from a previous thread
for you, user

youtu.be/J9KkZKh4v-0

>Incorporates 3rd-party DRM Denuvo Anti-tamper
God dammit it's funny that it's in the image but not funny in general, kind of bitter sweet.

Anyway, I really missed that Amy right above that message, can anyone link me to the post where it was posted or upload the image so I can save it?

Pretty sure I've seen some better looking clips on Youtube though.

Is it weird I instantly knew what you were referring to without clicking the link?
I love that music, listened to it on loop when I was younger.

I don't read the comments. Why do so many people hate this Mr. Tommy Turtle guy

Semi-relevant.

Fuck I knew I wasn't crazy!

>"This was a totally normal and not-autistic thing to do."

Got some bad news for ya there, buddy.

SonAmy is the only Amy ship that matters to me.

How would Amy handle a Buddy that looks similar to Sonic?

Tangentially regarding Archie!Amy, do you think the reason Amy likes Sonic is because of her feelings for cousin Rob o the Hedge?

Is dabbing considered "black culture"? I need to know in case someone wants me to do it

Then you don't matter to me.

heh.
maybe she needs glasses.

MASTER PLAN

Fine by me.

Why do people like portraying ShadAmy as a one-sided thing so much?

newgrounds.com/portal/view/236653

We agree on something then.

>implying Big x Amy isn't the ultimate amy ship

Is Mania available for pirates?

Shadamy sucks. Blazamy and Knuxamy are better alternatives.

Anyone else in love with her?

The best
newgrounds.com/portal/view/295575

>BlazAmy
literally just ShadAmy but gay. You're exposing yourself as a slashfag

>KnuxAmy

ShadAmy lite

poor girl would be crushed under his girth.
Unless she always rode cowgirl.
Lucky fat cat fucker.

A good number of these are in 1080p
>docs.google.com/document/d/13nFFvW_f9gQNTcn3q9iQmO_yD0Q0xZjDEG2IVrF6yAE/mobilebasic

>Blazamy
Agreed 100%

>2006
wew
old

>Sonic Mania doesn't have a boss rush
>Freedom Planet didn't have a boss rush
>Taxman Sonic 2 has a boss rush though

How come all the games with actual fun bossfights don't ever have an option to fight just the bosses?

>"everything that's not my ship is just a worst version of my ship"
lol sure dude.

Is there a place that has Sonic Boom with Japanese dub?