Why do automakers do this?

Why do automakers do this?

Alcantara-everything looks disgusting as fuck, I bet it's smells like shit too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rPNgo0IQF38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

now way, it's real

holy shit

Literally this but unironically.

to cut down on glare reflecting so it doesnt detract from you going over 250kph on a bend

Alcantara leather looks like someone’s tongue after they haven’t brushed their teeth or used mouthwash for a week

I actually love alcantara, fight me

*fights you*

*teleports behind you*

nothin' personal, kiddo

*breaks your fucking neck like a twig*

*steals your girl and marries her on the spot*

*gets in clapped out yaris and drives away from the college football field*

>Why do automakers do this?
It's like carbon-fiber inlays: Meant to appeal to boy-racers who associate the use of the material as something only seen on cars built with the sole purpose of going fast.

looks like shit but it feels nice. lol at the seats being plain upholstery though. me personally, for a steering wheel at least, I prefer nappa perforated leather

Don't forget heavy bolstered seats = 200 HP DUDE RACECAR LMAO.

because it looks good when you buy it and quickly turns to gross shit
see: every microsoft surface keyboard ever

Do you have anything with alcantara?

I have the Thrustmaster 599XX edition wheel in Alcantara. Supposedly they get it from the same supplier as Ferrari. Anyway, it feels ok for a minute, but it gets hot from the friction and just doesn't feel as nice as leather. Even the leather on my G27 felt better.

I'd imagine black isn't nearly as bad for dirt though.

I have a Momo alcantara wheel in my car right now, super comfortable and feels great.

this is great and you niggers have no taste

It looks like shit you no-taste soyboy.

I bet you fucking cum over apple products too.

Because it's lighter than leather. That's why it's on the race road versions of the road cars.

All higher trim level sports cars have an alcantara option you faggot, this has nothing to do with soy.

Alcantara should be reserved for places you rarely touch. It looks great in moderation, but it wears like shit. Door panels, and dashboards are prime locations.

As much as I love the idea of an alcantara steering wheels, I can't imagine it would last very long. Honestly, I'll probably buy one of those eBay race steering wheels for like $50 so when it wears out, I'll just buy another. A friend of mine has one, and it's sturdy as fuck. Which is good, because the only thing I was concerned about was bending it.

Why don’t they just have a stripped interior

t.Mexican

this is what high-estrogen concentration sounds like.

it looks super comfy. dont ever disrespec the RUF

ew
is that a suede or something?

you are fucking retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=rPNgo0IQF38

07:45

Oh the fucking cringe.
Also there is definitely a thing called over-doing it.

@18776815
>but all da broom broom cars hab alacaner
That doesnt mean its not shit

My main gripe is how fucking disgusting it looks if a woman drives the car, or anyone using frequent hand lotion really. It truly becomes vomit-inducing, it almost looks like cumstains all over the steering wheel.

Alcantara should only be on surfaces that you dont touch.

I hate alcantara more than cheap upholstered seats. It's pig disgusting

Agreed. Your pic is about perfect, lots of people don't like leather so something like that is an ideal alternative

looking at this makes me uncomfertable but for some reason i like it a little bit, the shift knob reminds me of rick ownes laceless shoes

Because less will buy it? It's the race version of the road car, so you still want road car feautures. If people want striped interior they'll buy the track version.

The 360 challenge stradale to the 360 challenge are a road race car and a race car.

usually what im dressed eeen

I want japs to bring velour back in europe

samefag

Velour > Alcantara

If you disagree you are camel-fucking arab shitstain.

It's especially funny when alcantara is marketed as a premium option when in reality it is almost free synthetic suede made of plastic.

Coloured leather comeback when?

>alcantara
>why
because it provides good grip with racing gloves
the flip side is that it can produce friction burn when you crash
so not really useful on a road car
that's not even the worst
>Velour
must be a very rare trim now
lots of couches have something like Alcantara
ya its still ok even with heavy wear
unlike some of the course cloth of some really old cars

never again

Normies would rather pick GM-tier hard leather over plushy velour because muh perceived luxury.

>automatic cluster
>manual transmission

lol mine did this too. I had to get a new one because it was getting too embarrassing to whip out in meetings

>lots of couches have something like Alcantara
It's synthetic suede, Alcantara™ is just a marketing name, there are other like Ultrasuede, Supersuede, etc.

There is no difference, it's just plastic and it's very hard to ruin. The 199,99$ recliner cloth is the same as the Alcantara™ in cars where it's a 2000 dollar feature.

10 years ago when Alcantara wasn't that common people suggested you had to wear racing gloves with it. And people laughed at Porsche owners using driving gloves.

*It was a hologram*

Call me blind but I don't see an auto cluster

the surface pro 3 keyboards don't do that, my red one is still looking great