/xcg/ - XCOM General

Previous thread: News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer
>[YouTube] 112 new things in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Yes, seriously)
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Apparently Second Wave Plus has been updated but it bugged as fuck.
Hope they fix it soon, I can't play a serious campaign without Hidden Potential, Not Created Equal and Commanders Choice.

First for looking back at your photobooth history near the end of your campaign, looking through the losses to remember what you're fighting for.

Damn I got beat to the new bread

anyway I fixed the youtube links in the thread I made so next guy use those

FUCK the Assassin, I've had 2 campaigns so far and I've started with her both times and she wrecks me on critical missions after my best are wounded.

>tfw half this squad is dead now.

>Apparently Second Wave Plus has been updated but it bugged as fuck.

What types of bugs? I just use Not Created Equal

I stopped using that shit like a year ago because it made everything green and purple tinted.

go ahead, make the dumb joke

so the three factions are just the classes from destiny pretty much exactly?

That's a relief, that mission was almost going south for a minute there

He died as he lived, still an underpowered piece of shit. RIP and press F to pay respects.

It's still impossible to level them up considering how quickly they get rekt on the battlefield. How hard is it to make them not suck Jake?

remote start is fucking broken

>soldier was killed one mission after this was taken
That can't be good for moral.

Settings not saving, hitting the save button on the pause menu opening the load menu, armor and hp values not being assigned right, sliders not working correctly.
Lots of complaints rolling it. I'd be cautious.

pistols are useful

Jesus I Forgot how much those guys Fucking suck,

>First Resistance mission has The Horde as Sitrep
RIP.

>yfw Lost swarm right behind the ayys

What is the ruler reaction chance now?
Because this fucking viper reacted on every action up until it got sent to the shadow realm.

>Vipers would rather waste their turn grappling brainless zombie husks than shoot them with their high accuracy lasers.

>unskippable chosen dialogue after every action
I thought I wouldn't mind that much after everyone was complaining but holy fuck does it piss me off when I'm tilted due to casualties. I need a mod for this shit ASAP.

thanks doc

>Ambush missions

Post squads

I'm more mad that I have even MORE things for Bradford to explain and complain about.
They seriously just need to add a fucking "Mute Radio Chatter" button.

>yfw ultrasonic lure on a pod of vipers

Don't need no super heroes.

The talking itself doesn't even annoy me that much, it's more that half the time the camera is just stuck moving for like a minute straight of dialogue. I do enjoy the out of mission dialogue additions though.

thoughts on beta strike? I dont even know if I like it and ive been playing it for 10 hours now. It's nice seeing the ayys using their abilities for once but I can only get hit so much behind full cover until I want to kill myself irl

Yep, now I have even less patience for the chatter from the base game, too. Would somebody please tell Tygan and Shen to keep their small talk off of the radio?

I just hate Bradford's voice. Its whiney and tryhardy, and he talks really fucking slow.
I miss based Steve Blum.

>Sitrep: Lost Horde
>Sitrep: Map littered with explosives
>Deploy
>Scout quickly with battlescanners and advent defector from region bonus
>Blow everything up that I can see to summon multiple hordes
>Chuck two ultrasonic lures into the center of the ayy groups
>Watch advent get completely overrun by the Lost while I run my squad around the map to the objective the long way
>Purifier lights almost all of the Lost on fire before he dies
>mop up the remaining zayymbies and go home
>only wound is from a shieldbearer who sacrificed his life to graze one of my assaults
>only soldier lost is the advent stunlancer defector
>77 ayys+lost broomed from the planet

Right from the start it really felt like my plan was completely idiotic and I'd lost control of the situation, but everything turned out exactly as planned in the end.

It's clearly not balanced at all, I would rather wait for a proper mod that will comprehensively add more difficulty than play that shit.

There's a WOTC-updated Second Wave mod up already.

>Two Swarms bearing down on me
>Turret Vehicle gets destroyed in the background due to missed shots
This is going well.

How do I activate the console? I'm trying to spawn the AS Vall and VSS

How do I best use the new classes in the expansion?

Reaper = pointman/scout
Skirmisher = LW infantry class
Templar = dump points into aim and squad damage increasing abilities, on tactical map finish off damaged enemies to farm focus, then basically act as your squad's support to improve their overall damage for alpha striking

Thoughts on my sniper?

Aussie/10

>Skirmisher = LW infantry class
Never played LW. What does that mean?

Reapers can handle any stealth objectives by themselves while the rest of the squad hangs out at the extraction

I lucked out on Assassin, she's weak to explosives and reapers for me. So I could one shot her with the vehicle explosion or a claymore+grenade combo.

It was a truck and it didn't blow up until a priest decided to take cover inside it

>A Lost Swarm appears every single round
>My soldiers are unable to get to the Scientist
Fuck.

I like how it looks like he confused by the Korean(?)

Is there any reason to hunt the chosen? Shouldn't I just keep farming them for skills? The avenger attack isn't even that hard

Is assassin the most difficult chosen out of the three? I only encountered assassin and hunter, and hunter is in comparison a massive pushover that hardly ever deals damage.

>"Its time to shitpost."

Living turret that takes up a good position and then guns ayys down in swathes with 1-action cost shots and F R E E reactions.

Are you blowing shit up? Because that causes the swarms to spawn faster. Otherwise it should be every 2-3 rounds for a swarm, although I just melted swarms with a pistol sniper that early in the game.

they haven't balanced these little shits

It means you trick enemies by flanking them with your rangers into running out of cover straight into your overwatches. Bonus points for creative uses of the grappling hook to be able to dump both shots into same enemy on the same turn.

'straya cunt

I had an aussie sniper too but he got deleted from my character pool for some reason

>Are you blowing shit up?
Refer to , the Scientist controlled vehicle turret is gone, it blew up in the background due to my soldiers mission several 91% shots. At least I can take pleasure in killing these fuckers over and over again.

would you lads say WotC is better with or without Lost and Abandoned enabled?

Assassin is a massive troll that appears out of nowhere, one-shots somebody at random with an almost guaranteed 10-damage crit, and then runs to heavy cover on the farthest possible part of the map in a single turn. On my file she was also immune to overwatch fire and always overwatched after every turn.
I had to rain grenades down on her with a full grenadier squad to take her down, and I still ended up taking losses.

I haven't fought the second one yet but he's been shitposting in my comms so it should be soon. The third one hasn't made a peep so far.

If anything they are now even more shit than before, with the new large muton pods and all that shit.

Art thou Korean or just having a lark with the language settings or something?

It's fun listening to Riker, Troi, Worf and Q - but the story missions are easy, slow and boring.

>He has trouble with the assassin

Really guys? She's not hard. You can bait her into areas where she just ends up flanked to hell and back. Stop standing around like idiots waiting for her to run out of the shadows and crit your ass. If you believe she's one turn away from slashing you, dash everyone back and she will be a blue move away. Then you just look for where you aren't already flanking. I find her like this every single time, it's so easy to bully her.

It's definitely the most annoying

Is there anyway to update a cosmetic item mod yourself? these lazy niggers arent updating their shit and I was wondering if i could do it myself.

>Hunter grapples
>then runs
>then summons a lid
>then throws a stun nade
Bullshit

All I can say right now is that I'm really glad I didn't make the mistake of playing with Ironman.

In my campaign she got mech lord and shadowstep. I lucked out with an early scan and got gas grenades, every time she showed up since that point I kept flashing and gassing her, meant she couldn't run very far.

Also, I've not tried this yet since I already killed her, but potentially scanning protocol could've been a saviour for dealing with her shit.

I only encountered her a couple of times before killing her, but I couldn't determine any sort of movement limitation that she was affected by.
She'd slash my squaddies after running 15+ tiles, and then run 20+ tiles away within a single turn. Next file, I'll try to do more science to determine what her upper limits are, but they've gotta be huge.

>flashing

Thought the Chosen were immune to flashbangs?

I hope this counts chosen deaths too.

missing several*

Seemed like she was getting disoriented. Can't remember. Either way, gassing and later incendiary mixed together made it irrelevant.

It doesn't.

Which armor mod are you using? The one I have gives me nothing but non-textured body and helmets besides the ODST and pilot helmet.

She has a 25 tile dash. It's pretty insane, but it's JUST far enough that if she's a dash away from you and you dash away, she will end up a blue move away. Perfect killing range. Once you get battle scanners and scanning protocol she's just a joke. I once caught her on the lamp post only three tiles away from my entire squad. Needless to say, she didn't survive the next turn.

>Grapple
Free action, just like Mox
>run
Action
>summon
Free action
>stun nade
action

No, the bullshit is that the summoned Lid gets a full turn. Not just a scamper because it 'activated', but a scamper AND it's usual turn.

Halo Reach MJOLNIR and Halo Reach Marines

>finally kicked edgy bitch's shit in

feels good mang, one less being spamming my Avenger radio.

I think this will be the first campaign I actually finish, I always get close to the end and just get bored, with the new changes I just want to keep farming stats on my hero classes and using covert ops to perpetually delay the avatar project

>Made Whole
>ADVENT Midnight Raids
>Alien Cypher hidden
Yeah, fuck this campaign

>summon
>Free action
Huh, didn't know it was free.

>No, the bullshit is that the summoned Lid gets a full turn.
Hmmm, mine didn't

>tfw my Reaper and sniper go berserk during a retaliation mission because I needed them but they were dead tired and someone got wounded
>Think that this is good because at least they get a free shot at the enemy
>Fucking kill civilians with point blank shots
Jesus christ how can X-Com explain this.

If you were in an AO with the Faceless, you'd start popping civvies too, user.

fuck me, I went to buy this fucking game after being out of town for a funeral and I'm a 1.55 short, fuck.

You must have gotten lucky. I had a troop of stunlancers all rush out and try to jab people. Luckily they missed, but holy hell.

There's a resistance order that removes 1 action from enemies on the turn they are discovered. Somehow I'm sure that if I didn't have that in my playthrough, my campaign would've been over already.

I just got that as a continent bonus from South America. Crazy good too. Captains need to decide between marking and shooting. Archons can't do their bullshit either. Shame that Codex is still pretty stupid since teleport is a free action, but that's why you get the Templar's feedback order. Man that thing is amazing.

I think this will be the first campaign I actually finish, I always get close to the end and just get bored, with the new changes I just want to keep farming stats on my hero classes and using covert ops to perpetually delay the avatar project

>warlock summons a berserker

>tfw people complained about Berserker's being underused
>Now I see them in like every other mission, with 5 pods of a berserker and a stun lancer
Jesus christ I still kill them in one turn, but goddamn they tank shots hard. Also there's a sitrep of BESTIAL ENEMIES, which makes only berserkers, sectoids and I assume chrysalids spawn.

Sectoids don't spawn from that, but Faceless do and they have Stun Lancer handlers. Imagine early game Legend, there are 4 pods of 3 Faceless and sometimes 2 Faceless and 1 Stunlancer. It's horrifying.

gee which way do I want to get fucked in the ass this time?

>retaliation mission
>literally the alamo with 20 civvies inside a church surrounded by no less than 6 pods of 2 mutons, 1 berserker
>tfw so much overdrive serum material

>The Horde
>Extended Timer
>No ADVENT Reinforcements
DING DING DING DING DING

probably depends on if you can knock off those two blocks quickly

Made whole is the worst of those.

Needless to say we did not complete the mission.