/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

We almost died, again Edition

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will likely never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition for the above reasons. Please do not ask again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hcldh21R40M
mega.nz/#!pXYH1JzA!s1_N3ojHmbSZq4BA5Wvdt0YqvmQ8RiTWUHvLFTUQObo
loverslab.com/files/file/3986-nier-automata-armor-english/
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Data_File
youtu.be/souXpiTDTgE?t=133
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1DTLs6FKA
youtube.com/watch?v=-4_J7x6DUcY
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37440/?tab=4&&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/comments/?mod_id=37440&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=1020052&pUp=1
blog.naver.com/say4015
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

Any idea what's causing these to show up near caves?

It's a missing mesh, click on it with MFG console and see if it tells you what mesh it is.

you have a missing mesh

Can you click them in mfg console?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

amidoinitrite?

ATTENTION!

Not only is SKSE64 never coming out but the Creation Club will auto download every single shit mod to your PC regardless if you ever attend to buy them or not. Every time an updats adds more more changes are also made to the .exe making SKSE64 even further unattainable.

youtube.com/watch?v=hcldh21R40M

>Creation Club will auto download every single shit mod to your PC regardless if you ever attend to buy them or not
wat?

In case you didn't see it last thread, here's a quick image of the files it downloaded.

That's actually pretty fucking stupid. Hell, I thought Bethesda was smarter than this.

Dammit I'm tried I can't type

*Every time an update adds more CC mods, it also makes changes to the .exe and will require script extenders to be updated daily.

>Bethesda found an entirely new way to fuck people over on top of paid mods
Just when I think they can't do anything worse, Bethesda finds a way.

More spell progress. Three for today.

This one is pretty straightforward, AoE mana burn that deals pretty meh damage. The area isn't too big, and it takes 3 seconds to charge, so you'll probably have to combo into it. Still, good against distant, immobile mages. The visuals ended up pretty great too, I think. It can damage the caster too, so you have to be careful, but it's going to be hard to get this off - you have to perform a very specific five-spell sequence to access it.

>I thought Bethesda was smarter than this.
lol

How do I create armor morphs for my player character only and where do I put them?

Yeah I'm already thinking of uninstalling FO4 if this is how they're going to implement this shit

Number two. Another invoke combo option, but this one more aimed for spellswords. The buff is pretty massive though, as can be seen in the video. I dunno, you think it's too vanilla and boring just for a big DPS buff? I was briefly considering making it a spell you could cast on a follower, and then both you and the target could receive a smaller buff, but considering how shitty the AI is, and the potential to accidentally target a dragon or something, I thought that could work out pretty badly.

Does a large self-buff sound better, or something you could cast on an ally, so both of you receive smaller buffs?

And capcom installs rootkits. Why do these billion dollar companies never learn?

>not having already uninstalled it
I have 500 hours in that game and I haven't played a single minute of the garbage. All debugging.

So if you don't buy CC for the pc version, will you not have to worry about CC updating you with useless files and potentially breaking the executable?

Any armor mods to make thick leg waifu like pic related?

CC comes with the update for FO4

If they were actually smart or had any sense of decency, creation club wouldn't even be a thing.

Yet here we are.

yes

So they preload it even if you don't buy the actual dlc on the steam storefront?

can you share?

read the op

mega.nz/#!pXYH1JzA!s1_N3ojHmbSZq4BA5Wvdt0YqvmQ8RiTWUHvLFTUQObo

I dunno can he

i did

Third spell, and the one that took the longest to make. When working on the elemental spells, I tried to figure out identities for the elements and design around that. Fire should focus on big damage and explosions, frost is based on battlefield control and manipulation, but shock is harder to pin down. So I arrived at the idea that it should be combo based. Using spells that pump yourself up, weaken the enemy, and then throw out a couple of heavy hitting spells to one-shot them.

I also wanted to make novice spells that didn't get outscaled, and the result was this. A self-buff that grants 50% bonus shock damage for 10 seconds, but under the stipulation that every time you cast a shock spell, you lose 25% of your current health and 10% of your magicka. It's pretty steep, but I think thematically fitting. I mean, you're so overcharged with electricity that you hurt yourself.

The neat thing, though, is that it creates a risk reward scenario. You can't actually kill yourself with this spell, the lowest it can take you is like 1 health. But it leaves you vulnerable. The idea is that you would have a bunch of buffs stacked up before you cast this, and then immediately follow up with your strongest spell to do huge damage without burning too much health. And it creates an interesting nest of synergies, shock will also have spells with spellcrit, which obviously work great with any percentage boost.

Eh, it won't die so easily though. Unlike Paid mods, many modders still like it.

That's actually gay as shit.
That said, if they literally provide you with the Ba2 files there's nothing to prevent you from just extracting everything and remaking the mod. Hell, there's nothing to prevent you from sharing the ESP files.

The fact that it has 0 piracy protection pretty clearly means it was designed for retarded consoleplebs.

read the nexus

I love these magic mods

loverslab.com/files/file/3986-nier-automata-armor-english/

Not even close to done though. I've been contemplating putting out a version that's just the destruction spells when I finish those, but it'll be a while before it's all done. Maybe I'll release them in class-based packs.

But yeah, once all's said and done, we're looking at about twice the content of Apocalypse even.

Are you making any air or teleknisis magic to throw alive people around?

Maybe, haven't gotten to alteration yet. I do have plans for a twister that throws people in the air though, that should be up next.

I hate everyone here

Me too.
Wanna make out?

Can you adjust armor with the UUNP sliders for racemenu?

why are you so hidoi senpai?

if you check [build morphs] when you make the meshes in bodyslide yeah

Sounds neat. Spell combos are a good idea. Thinking/reaction make mage fun in Skyrim.

Does that adjust the body too then or just the equipped armor?

I'm not sure if it fits alteration but something that turns the ground in front of you into slippery metal would be awesome too, kind of like a trap except they fall.

most armors include a body mesh in them so both

If I wanted a weird and different body from most NPCs would it be better to just create it in game?

Making armor work for both my body and npcs seems confusing or impossible.

if you want to use more than some specific armor i think using rm sliders is really the only way you can do it

there is pc exclusive armor path but I don't know what it's compatible with

>Download some weird hybrid custom follower from Nexus
>Follower is located in some remote location between Morthal and Solitude
>Finally get to area where person is
>Is spawned right on top of a hostile npc added by colorful magic
>mfw she died the minute I entered the cell

you weren't strong enough to protect you're waifu user

Next time git gud

>using the boss version of colorful magic

The Creation Club "Add-Ons" use the new ESL (Light Plugin) data files. Below is copy/pasted from creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Data_File Light plugin (.esl) file are a new optimized file format, introduced in the 1.10 Update. They behave like a normal plugin, except for the following: .esl files are read-only. Active development should be done in an normal (.esp) plugin. .esl files bypass the 8-bit plugin ID limit (255). .esl files have a budget of no more than 4,000 forms. .esl files are treated as unique files from the .esp it was converted from, so saved games will not be compatible between them. To convert a normal plugin (.esp) to a light (.esl) plugin, load your .esp file, and under File, select Convert Active File to Light Master. It is good practice to run Compact Active File Form IDs to optimize your formids within the 4,000 form budget. NOTE: Compacting form ids does change formids in the plugin, so only do this before converting to .esl, and not on a .esp (plugin) you plan on releasing.
>the creation club only allows 4,000 write ups and quest mobs can require over that easily. Some quest mods use something like 30,000 write ups which means no quest mods from the creation club.

Every element will have their own combos. But they'll be different in Nature. While I don't have them finished yet, they're exemplified in two other novice spells.

Cryonic Pylon - Summons a spectral crystal at a target location. Targets affected have
-15% Frost Resist
+10% Frost Spell damage
-25% movement speed

Again, the idea is to control the battlefield. You'd aim to drop a pylon by yourself, one by the enemy, and then use them to kite around and deal damage. Obviously a double edged sword if you happen to fight another frost mage, though.

Blazing Soul - Self buff, 90 seconds. While active, all fire spells cost 10% less to cast. Casting a fire spell increases attack speed and destruction damage by 5% for 8 seconds. Stacks ad infinitum.

So fire is more concerned about trying to constantly hurl out damaging spells, unlike shock, which is about preparing a single big spell, or frost, which is about controlling the area. For example, frost mages will want to combo debilitating fogs into powerful hailstorms, while fire will want to come up with DPS rotations that can throw out spells fast while stacking resistance debuffs. And late-game, there are more synergistic options. Fire, for example, will have spells that can trigger Blazing Soul multiple times, like a cloak spell that casts a gout of fire whenever you cast a fire spell, essentially letting you double the amount of fire casts you have.

It also paves the way for multi-element builds. Use fire to stack up your damage to land a powerful, overcharged lightning spell. Use frost to crowd control your enemies while you set up a lightning finisher. Et cetera Et cetera.

Honestly, though, I just wanna get this done so I can move onto Conjuration. How does summoning your own Oblivion gate sound?

Not metal, but I had a similar idea for alteration too. But that'll be a while before I get there.

>not playing the best mod in existence

>colorful magic
>good
It's more of a tech demo with some amazing ideas than a functional mod. Between balance issues and buggy scripts, it's cool to study but obnoxious to play.

Bitch please, it blows your spells out of the water.

LOL
you magic doesn't hold a candle to glorious nippion magic

Well at least he's not pretending to be anonymous when he's shitposting this time.

Are Orcs naturally the best dickgirls?

here's the big question, will non CC modders have access to the ability to create .esl files? If they do, then this means that lightweight mods that would otherwise need to take up an .esp slot can be made as .esl files instead, allowing you to save those slots for big stuff. Of course I haven't seen many other people hit the mod limit.

Pretty much

>hybrid custom follower from Nexus

From what I hear, they can make .esm files as well.

is it just me or is there this strange dimming and brightening thing going on with the camera when i look around?

WTF is that?

ENB magic

>implying
Eh, I'm not going to say anything bad about the visuals, they're really well done. Hell, I learned a lot about spell making from reverse engineering a lot of their visual FX. But there's plenty wrong with it.

It's a fucking script monster, there's no attempt given to lore or world integration, and a it's filled with a lot of bugs and poor design choices. Not to mention the assload of dirty edits, holy shit.

I'm not going to say I'm the greatest modder ever, but I will say that from studying it extensively, I think I can create something better than Colorful magic. That combines the cool visuals with some actual decent gameplay design.

I still fucking love the way force burst is designed though. It's a Fus Ro Dah, with the AoE of a firestorm, and a brief slow time effect JUST for the cinematic look. Fuck, I love that one, that was clever as fuck. I'm going to steal that idea and make it better.

I like a bunch of the spells from it, but over 300 spells is way too damn much. I enjoy the boss fights though, if there was a version that was just the bosses and the spells you get from them without the 300 filler spells I'd download it again.

>it's filled with a lot of bugs and poor design choices
[citation needed]
>I can create something better than Colorful magic
Okay you're delusional.

i have no ENB

shitty enb replacement mod magic
eyeball magic

Its called adaptation and its literally the worst thing.

I don't generally agree with what you say here, but honestly, your magic mod looks like it's going to be great. God speed.

im on regular skyrim was it always like this? how do i turn it off

Why does UUNP give some characters weird hand mesh? Looks like they're wearing gloves.

user error

>I like a bunch of the spells from it, but over 300 spells is way too damn much. I enjoy the boss fights though, if there was a version that was just the bosses and the spells you get from them without the 300 filler spells I'd download it again.
Yeah, I really like the boss fights too. Like I've mentioned before, I hate the fact that spell mods rarely have boss fights or secret dungeons or morrowind style loot. It's all just buy that shit from Faendal.

But colorful never really tries to incorporate their spells or bosses into the gameworld. No attempt at lore or immersion. I'm not a total immersion fag, but it's a little jarring sometimes.

I want to go a step further and add some dungeons too, at least for Master spells.

>[citation needed]
I mean, I can pull up some of the source scripts. I think I still have them. Nips aren't great coders, man. But I don't think you'd really understand my complaints unless you're also a programmer.

That said, here's a simple example.
youtu.be/souXpiTDTgE?t=133

This spell here. Again, I love the idea, but why doesn't it trigger aggro or crime? Well, I know why. Because it's script-based and causes explosion triggers based on a generated objectreference. That is, the player never actually deals any damage, it's all proxies. And the thing is, this is SUPER easy to fix. Just add a single, ONE point of damage to your baseline spell and change the archetype from script to value modifier. I ran into the same problem with my hailstorm spell and decided to add an AoE explosion to trigger aggro. It's the kind of simple oversight that plagues a lot of spells.

>Okay you're delusional.
No, just aware of my abilities and my limits. I don't know much about writing, I'll probably never make a great quest mod. I can't do waifus for shit. But what I can do is 3D and coding. And I've done similar mods in the past, to great success.

Thanks!
Hit me up on the nexus if you want to beta test.

Oh, also he fucks up the placement of the lightingsource in that example, it should be centered on the hand, not the caster. Not a huge deal though.

Have you ever crashed once using your own spells? They look heavily scripted

>But I don't think you'd really understand my complaints unless you're also a programmer.
Show me. I am, but it sounds like you aren't.
>It's the kind of simple oversight that plagues a lot of spells.
You say it plagues a lot yet this here is an isolated example. 299/300 fully functional spells is nothing to shit on, especially from an insignificant nobody such as yourself.

Yes.
Mods.

hmm you make some good points
maybe you can make a good mod

i'm glad that you're improving on some of his ideas instead of just saying their shit and making something worse like 90% of other modders

i guess any ENB would get rid of it?

Anyone knows if there is a high quality Velstadt armor rip? Looking for one to replace the Vigilant's low quality Dark Souls armors.

>HDT Heels as a master
Why.

I don't know of any.
>tfw no high quality Desert Robes
>tfw no high quality HDT enabled Gynwdolin robes

very easy to convert to nio

Well I managed to replace Arkay, Talos, and Akatosh armors with higher quality Dark Souls rip but can't find Velstadt for Stendarr Armor.

Any guides for doing that?

Actually, not really. Most of my spells have fewer scripts than Apocolypse, which is lean to begin with. Like I said, I'm used to manipulating things in the Plugin file rather than the script engine, so I can usually get away with roughly three lines of script at most.

Still, though, I had an amazing mentor in CK and scripting, probably the best in the game, so I can't really say it's talent or anything. If everyone had that then it'd be a much better modding community.

I've crashed sometimes with my spells, but usually during testing. Never crashed from a finished version. Like I said, they're usually pretty lean. There's tricks like using a timed effect rather than an OnUpdate() script that can hugely reduce script load.

My philosophy is that if I'm playing a 255 mod game and a spell causes a significant frame drop at any point, I rework the spell. No spell is worth enough to justify a performance reduction.

>299/300 fully functional spells is nothing to shit on, especially from an insignificant nobody such as yourself.
I think we both know there's more than one poor spell in there, no need to lie. I think the rest of everyone who's played that mod would agree here.

And why are you making it personal? I mean, I have some popular mods in FO4, but I'm a nobody in the Skyrim scene. Why does it matter, though? Shouldn't we just judge the body of work?

Truth is, Colorful Magic is popular because there's few other good magic mods, and none that are as pretty. I just want to change that, and make great looking spells that don't break the game.

And my sun is wayyy better than his, this I won't be modest about. I love my sun.

Well, any criticism is always appreciated. God knows I'm terrible at balancing spells so I could certainly use help in that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1DTLs6FKA

youtube.com/watch?v=-4_J7x6DUcY

I thought there was a single video somewhere with both of these processes but it's the same shit, pretty much open tesedit delete HDT and open nifskope add niodata

Thanks man.

Oh, I know. I'm just wondering why the boots even need them. 0.5 seems a bit high.

I told you to show me the source scripts you were talking about and you didn't. Guess you were just bluffing.
>I think we both know there's more than one poor spell in there, no need to lie. I think the rest of everyone who's played that mod would agree here.
I've had the non-boss version in my load order for years and cannot complain about bugs in any of the spells.
>And why are you making it personal?
I'm not? How is this personal. Fact of the matter is, if you want to talk shit about something great, you had better have something concrete to back it up with. All you have to your name as far as I'm concerned is a habit of samefaggotry, shitposting, and corporate bootlicking.
>And my sun is wayyy better than his
Your sun doesn't even look remotely close to a sun.

even a 1 inch heel with the old method is 1 inch off your characters height really

or the creator is just a lazy bum

>Hit me up on the nexus if you want to beta test.
I'm mid install right now, so I probably wouldn't be able to actually use them much in gameplay to test balance or whatever. Thanks for the offer though.

Hm. I'll go for a 1.5 change.

If you're here Heiko, who actually made/ported the 9S armour? It doesn't look like Dint. Is it from Naver or 3DM?

>Your sun doesn't even look remotely close to a sun.
Eh, I think it's pretty decent.

>I've had the non-boss version in my load order for years and cannot complain about bugs in any of the spells.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37440/?tab=4&&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/comments/?mod_id=37440&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=1020052&pUp=1
Now you're just being painfully oblivious. Either you didn't notice or you installed a magic version, or you're just being obtuse.

>I told you to show me the source scripts you were talking about and you didn't. Guess you were just bluffing.
It seems like you have more against me personally than any of the spells I'm working on, so I don't really care to explain anything. If you're going to ignore that one example I did bring up, and then just say "well 298 spells still work," then what's the point? I'm not going to go through every goddamn spell.

Naver blog or some shit

blog.naver.com/say4015

for some reason i couldnt find the actual outfit there anymore but I still had it on my computer. guess it was removed

what is this link supposed to be to

The comments section to colorful magic. Almost entirely bug reports and fixes.

if comment bug reports are an indicator for actual bugs then FNIS is a broken and unusable mod

FNIS is a very buggy mod, especially in the past. But we use it because there's no real alternative, not because it's the cleanest shit. But things like

>For anyone that has problem with Brutish Bolt, here is how to fix it. Load Colorful Magic to Creation Kit, look for 000SparkDamageMagickaRate2 in Magic > Magic Effect, assign a skill for it (I chose Destruction).

Like, HOW THE FUCK do you miss that? I really have no clue. You forgot to add a school for your spell? This isn't just the player fucking things up, man.