>forces you to shift from first gear to fourth at gunpoint
>1 (one) headlight design allowed until the 80s
what the fuck is wrong with this place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tloRkCmyj50
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, but
>extremely cheap gas
>inspections are much less common and easier to pass (at least judging by what I see on the internet)
>much more freedom with modifications
>no displacement taxes
>average power and displacement in the US is considered powerful in Europe
Take it from a Yuropoor, you wouldn't want to live in a place where the average car is a 1,4L I4 with 90 hp, with ridiculous taxes for anything above that.

just like the united states of freedumb has different states with different laws, we have different countries with different laws in yurop. Not everything is united cuckdumb where you pay out of the ass for a 1.0 ford fiesta.

>no inspections so any yokel can slap together whatever he wants to, and it's up to understaffed police tasked with far more serious crimes to enforce vehicle codes
>a good thing
Only upside are displacement-unrelated taxes because this hasn't been a metric for a car's road wear impact or emissions impact in about 40 years. Also coincidentally my car is 1.4L I4 with 90hp.

Curious about the price difference, please expound on this.

KEK!!! KEK KEK KEK!!!

My motorcycle has more horsepower.

Good for you, stay safe.

I'd rather live in a place with well looked after sub 100HP shitbox place than one where every car is a potential deathtrap because something was overlooked

look at these soyboys trying to rationalize why it's cool to get fucked in the ass by their governments

>why it's cool to get fucked in the ass by their governments
just take the guns without due process bro
videogames should go bro, they're violent
I'll just slap some retarded tariffs bro, trade wars are easy to win

USA is s better car market. If you're you want shitty euro cars that break down after 4 years then you can get them but you also have access to cars that are actually interesting and fun.

Nothing wrong with emission standards. European cities smell like piss and are dirty. Unregulated diesel fartboxes everywhere.

Honestly, I'd love to live in murrica.
Yurop is fucking shit if you like cars.

>gas is expensive (I pay more than €1.70 per liter of 98 RON)
>can't mod anything because it won't pass the inspection
>police will fuck with you if you have a noisier exhaust
>retarded high car tax when you buy it (a V8 Mustang costs 100k where I live, half of it is taxes)
>have to pay taxes, based on displacement and CO2 emissions, to keep your car in the road every year

Seriously, I'm fucking sick and tired of this.

>yurop is one country
All of this varies wildly from country to country, although you get shafted wherever you go.

Some French fag was on here the other day and claimed there was no difference between when they started doing inspections. It's just a money and power grab.

You knew exactly what I meant. No need to get autistic about it.
Every country in the EU is pretty much the same.

How so? You mean they don't care about what you do with your car?

Not every country in europe has the same laws regarding cars though, you cant just boil it down to america vs europe it doesn't work like that.

I'm more pissed they axed the zeta platform after only 10 years and flushing a billion dollar plant down the toilet so they could give us a fucking insignia with no twin turbo v6 like the vxr had

Tell me one country in the EU that doesn't fuck you in one way or another if you try to mod your car? Or at taxing fuel? Or at taxing a car?

The accident and injury rate stayed the same.

Oh. I can believe that. lol

Europe = western Europe. Don't care about lawless subhuman eastern Europe.

>access to fun cars
maybe if they're american but that's it. good luck getting anything fun from asian or even eurpoean brands.
>retarded safety laws and emissions laws keep hundreds of cool imports from ever being sold here
>25 year bullshit to import because of our fucking failure domestic market couldn't compete
>muh free market, yet has to bailout domestic brands constantly because they suck so fucking bad and couldn't survive. wtf kind of "free market" is that

We have everything of value from Europe and Japan outside of much Toyota century

Germany ironically.
There are plenty of tuners around, professional as well as hobbyists.
>Muh TÜV
Yeah, so what? There is a somewhat strict code when it comes what your vehicle can have or not, but most car guys here are retards and think the StVZO is a long list of banned mods (hint: they never bothered to read it).
You can power up your car as much as you want, but for large improvements you will be required to improve brakes, suspension and to add reinforcements. Something a real enthusiast would do anyway.
If you go full bonkers you can just build your car and have a full inspection for it. Expensive though, I give you that (If you can find someone with a similar build that was deemed street legal, its smooth sailing). But even the fucking home page of the TÜV tells you to involve an inspector in the process and everything will be fine. Fuck some company got a fucking nitrous injection street legal a few years ago.

They are pretty autistic when it comes to neons or lights in general or large shit bolted on the body that could break away on the Autobahn though. But that's just reasonable. And I have seen cars with ridiculous Liberty Walk widebodies here. Properly installed, no problem.

But owning classic cars is nice in Germany. Flat rate taxes, etc. no matter the displacement or how much coal you roll. Fuck you can even have a single registration for entire collections. X amount of cars with the same plate, "so they can be moved around"

More importantly, do you have to pay for every mod to be homologated/legalized?

The only good thing about that list you posted was one (1[won]) headlight design allowed.
Getting tired of the headlamp war with brighter and brighter lamps with awful beam patterns that blind everyone at night. Also plastic lenses were a mistake.

>25 year bullshit to import because of our fucking failure domestic market couldn't compete
Since when is Mercedes a domestic US brand?

continentals are such cucks

Tfw live in bongland
>Car is old enough to be tax exempt
>Car is old enough to be inspections exempt
>Car has no emmisions test to meet
>One of the most free counties with regards to what modifications are road worthy.
>Virtually no police to pull you over because financial cut backs
Yeah it's not as good as bumfuck nowhere in Alabamazonatah but it's good as far as yurop goes.

Yeah U just pay $4 a liter for fuel oh yeah so fucking based mate

Yeah but yuros do that and have to deal with bullshit like TUV in Germany or no mods allowed at all in Portugal. Not the best situation but not as bad as most of euro land

Seems like Western Europe is pretty shit tier, given all the accounts in this thread

>be american
>first vehicle is a shitbox V8 truck that you paid $1000 for

I wouldn't have it any other way, many people on this planet have never even gotten to drive any V8 vehicle.

YOu can go and have every mod registered by itself.
But it makes more sense to make a build and register it as a package. Because they do look into how your mods or new parts interact/interfere with each other.
Also smaller mods, or their parts, come with a "Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis" which documents what the part does and modifies and for them alone it is enough to carry this "ABE" with your papers.

'splain

Only sealed beams were allowed.

Europe is one country when you're a Murretard or a self-hating sack of shit.

>police will fuck with you if you have a noisier exhaust
Also this is a good thing, retards with fartcans piss me the fuck off.

Since when does the US government get cucked by foreign companies so easily, and why are you so blind to see that Detroit benefitted the most from the ban and that Mercedes were only useful idiots you could put the blame for making America less free on?

enjoy having to pay some company extra $$$ to access different websites

>implying those companies won't just ban Veeky Forums

I have totally taken V8s for granted until I learned that most turbos never get to drive one

Never had round glass headlights fade or oxidize, so I’m okay with it.

>yay lets give ISPs the power to censor and control the flow of information! what could go wrong with that?? based Pai
amerimutts are too stupid

My dude its like $1.80 for a litre of fuel

>He thinks fucking over car enthusiasts with mod restrictions will keep fucked shitboxes off the road
It doesn't

Video games are violent and are for bugged out manchildren

If you play video games over the age of 23, you are a lost cause

Painting with an awful wide brush there.

>$7/gallon
Even in California we pay less than half of that

I guess our lord and saviour mister metokur is a lost cause then

cars are an utilitarian tool and everyone should drive at exactly the speed limit
nobody should own a gun other than a musket
any nudity should be banned from every media since its immoral
Alcohol should be banned since its literally a drug that destroy people's lives and kills hundreds of thousands each year

How is having enough glorious torque to do that a bad thing? Not skip shifting is unpatriotic.

youtube.com/watch?v=tloRkCmyj50

bruh, politicians did that regardless of what the people wanted. People are universally against that in every country

but /pol/ told me that giving control of the internet to the ISP's will MAGA (Make America Great Again)

>that pic
kek

Eastern European here. Total price of keeping my car road legal per year comes at $150.
Retard.

Dude you're full of shit, they aren't going to dyno your car to see if your engine map is the factory one. My car got an swapped for a different engine when i blew the old one and it passes inspection. It's also lowered because i'm a nigger.

>tfw american
>have softspot for the two extremes
>land barges and subcompacts
>all the good subcompacts are in yuroland
>just want the 160hp fiesta 1.0 :(

>foreign cars often have 30-50HP less due to emission standards
Even back in the 80s most European and Japanese four-cylinders were making twice the horsepower of American v8's.

>130 HP V8
Emissions regulations and incompetent manufacturers.

>birthplace of the crossover and minivan
Crossover came from Subaru, who imported it from Japan. I'll give you the minivan though. As if that's a bad thing, stigma aside they're incredibly practical.

Only on GM and Ford cars. And most cars in America are automatic anyway so it doesn't matter. Even if you opt for the skip shift manual, in older cars at least you can disable it for like $10.

Actually two: either rectangular or round.

What's wrong with this place is that we're different. Oooh what a bad thing. It's not like being different has allowed the human race to proliferate so much or something. Sheesh aren't you glad that hiveminding has caused the human race to excel faster than ever?

What's the point of 8 cylinders when it makes 130hp? 30 year old hondas do more that and the entire car weighs as much as the average american engine.

What happened was the American manufacturers were making huge ridiculous V8 engines for their huge ridiculous cars.
Then the government realized they'd been using unfair methods to rate their vehicle's horsepower, and so they stepped in and told them how to rate it correctly.

Then the government realized that those big engines were the reason for all that pollution. So they set new standards as to how much emissions they could make. What did the American manufacturers do? Switch to fuel injection? No, because the existing tooling was unable to produce electronics and new tooling cost too much according to their bean-counter management. So they stuck an ocean of hoses and wires on top of the engine, which cut horsepower in half from the already-reduced new rating system. This choked the horsepower significantly.

Why didn't they just make some four-bangers? Because
>MUH VEEAYT
>MUH NO RIPLAYSMINT FUR DISPLAYSMINT
>MUH CUNTSURVATIVISM

>No, because the existing tooling was unable to produce electronics and new tooling cost too much according to their bean-counter management.
Not only that. In my eyes they purposely half-assed everything and produced complete shitbarges while whining a lot so that the government would be compelled to repeal their laws. Of course they didn't, and all it accomplished was throwing Detroit ten years behind the competition in technological terms.

AMC offered it in 57, there really wasn't much difference between countries.