/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/Pcgswqed
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/vEhA8iy7
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/3L4utQ43

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.
[Aug 21] RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Switch
[Aug 1] Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

first for iosuhax when

reminder you can buy games for 3ds

3.61+ never ever

Reminder that ds rom loading from sd card just might be worth waiting for

8th for you know what wasn't worth waiting for.

>waiting 3 years for something to become good instead of buying a $20 flashcart

Why are all the pastebins the lyrics to the big bang theory

>>emugen

>Switch 3.0.1 patches an exploit
Nuts.

Yup.

oh no you will have to buy the 1 game that will come out on the console

I already own two games, and I'm trying budget in Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, AND Pokken DX (which I've already pre-ordered).

I would just rather have a hole in the system in the event it can be fisted.

Also, doesn't look like my Switch likes the new DNS settings I gave it, which blows.

>knowing its from bbt

So is there a good way to get Amiibo exclusive shit through hacking or am I fucked and have to pay $30 just to play metroid Samus Returns with the fusion suit? Since you cant buy the metroid amiibo separately

Its got a weird save loading thing,when you load it if you take a step it crashes.But you can bypass it by tapping "Bag" then you can play.Have no idea why opening the bag works.

Nintendo online games are only good for a 2 month period of time. After that they are old and gay. You missed splatoon - just ditch it.
Mario Odyssey is GTA mario. Skip it.
If you bought arms, sell it and buy heroin instead

yes

way to post worthless pastebins

samefag

nice edit

nice shitty pastebins

Doesn't excuse shit links, m8.

Lol, you seriously all are samefags. Refresh your cache, this is what shows for me.

hows the 5.5.2 exploit for Wii U? super stable now?
not getting Haxchi.

its not good enough for non haxchi users but its good enough for a one time thing to get haxchi installed

>tfw playing Monster Hunter 4U with a Wii U Pro Controller and viewing it on on my monitor.

There's a bit of lag across the weird setup, but it's manageable. Just killed a pink rathian without too much trouble.

So whose gonna remake this thread

ok I don't know a lot about 3ds cfw etc so I'll ask.

can I use save states for gb, gbc, gba, and ds? or does it depend on the emulator? but you use the flashcart for ds games, so ds games have save states at all? or does it depend on the flashcart?

What's wrong with the other thread?
Only 300 posts in.

the vc emulators have restore points instead you can use retroarch for everything other than snes and gba instead if you want, snes9x is the best snes emulator and gba injection is the best way since its native though again you dont get save states or restore points for this one, DS games you have to save in game unless you have a flashcart that supports real time saves

nice edit

Good point
So whose gonna delete this thread

ok thanks. I'd rather have save states for gba games though. so I can just emulators on cfw and not worry about cia injection or whatever it's called if I don't care about them using the native vc emulators? which means I can just run the original .gba, .ds etc roms instead of .cia?

only gba is native, not worth using gba emulators as its filled with slow downs and issues with sounds, everything else you can else whatever you want

Is there a homebrew to open a blocked DS flashcart? If I can do that then I can waitfag for a proper 11.5 cfw hack (my flashcart isn't supported by magnethax)