I'm done waiting

This time last year I had $20k saved up in the bank ready to go in hopes that this shit heap would finally hit the market. Well, it's 2018 and Toyota sure as fuck doesn't want my money, and now my car fund has $33k. What should I buy? New or used, I'm open to suggestions.

AFAIK this will only be released in Nipland

get a clean s2000, they are overpriced as fuck, but man, that is a hell of an engine.

I'm gonna tell you that you should get the RS because it's the most fun car you can buy new for under $35k but you're going to say you don't want it because it's pigfat and you're going to buy a BRZ anyway because you're a memelord

It's a fantastic engine if you just really hate torque with a passion.

A new Golf GTI is the obvious answer here

Seems like your interested in a small, good handling car

Get miata ND, I test drove one their stupid fun and have some torque to them. They also have a hard top version(RF) in case you dont like soft tops.

slap a twinscroll on it

miata

Imagine being such a monkeytard that you save up money to buy a Toyota.

Like, it's a Toyota. It's an appliance, you don't save up money for those. You don't buy Toyota's new, you buy them for 3k as a car to get you through college. Dude, it's a Toyota.

toyota>anything made in germany

If you want small and good handling, get an ND. If you want something a little more livable and easier to daily, get an 86.

Imagine saving up for a car with no release date and then getting mad when the company doesn't release it

really activated my almonds

Chevy SS/Pontiac G8 GXP

Spend your money on real estate instead

This

If you don't already own a house, then buy one now.

If you do already own a house, then buy an ND MX-5, 124 Spider, or BRZ as others have already said.

import a civic type-r EK9, implant a k-series

hEy EvERy bOdY! LOok @ mY bEEmDOublEYoUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or whatever faggot car you drive

Wait till the end of the year and buy this.

>275hp
>260ft-lbs
>LSD
>6 speed manual
>dampers
>will probably be sub $28k out the door

If you want something like what the S-FR was supposed to be, an ND or S2000 would fit the bill. With your budget you could easily get an FD, but that car isn't for everyone.

>buying hyundai
>ever

buy a fucking mrs, same car but cuter and engine is in the correct place.
And its lighter.

>it's the most fun car you can buy new for under $35k but
This is what focus drivers actually believe

i'm in a similar position as you (except was waiting for brz sti)

just gonna pick up a cheap $15k~ car to tool around in until I have enough saved up for a sizable down payment (like 40k) on a $60k car now

Honestly feel like that's where the sweet spot is for cars ($60k). There are so many cool choices on the used market at that price.

>There are so many cool choices on the used market at that price.
Pic not related

>still subscribing to the idea Hyundai hasn't risen to far more than acceptable standards

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

>>still subscribing to the idea Hyundai hasn't risen to far more than acceptable standards
Acceptable for an appliance. Hyundai has yet to make a legitimate driver oriented car

what did they mean by this?

how can you have fun in a car that has had its engine hydro locked?

Dont feel bad about getting a nice car in the mean time.
What is your current car?
I was kind of in the same situation.
>be me
>saving for a used MR-S
>have about 3,500 saved
>good ones start at 5k
>suddenly a S-class comes into my life for a pence compared to a MR-S
>riding comfy now and saving money on gas.
>soon going to save for a MR-S once more

Seriously. Don’t. I’ve had one and they are GARBAGE cvt transmission. Yuck.

Nvm you said 6 speed. Still garbage cars though

mrs is worth saving up for.
Ignore fags saying 2zz swap, focus on weight and suspension first. Thank me later.

HAVE PATIENCE MY NIGERIAN

Oh I've planned for a 2zz swap since I considered it a year ago. Annoyingly, baldy Mc bald face went and dis a "one take" on one and now they're slightly more popular, especially on Veeky Forums.
I will definitely be modifying it as money allows, because I no longer would have to use it as a daily.

>he thought they were actually going to make this
kek

I just noticed the bulge in the hood.

NA miata with fuck tons of mods and improvments

RX7 (either FC with mods and improvments, or FD)

any camaro

Toyota Mr2

any silvia

just browse Veeky Forums for a few hours, or the Initial D car wiki

>what is the genesis coupe
>what is the Veloster N

You're an idiot. Both are preferably acceptable drivers cars.

It will be made. Just not anywhere else but Japan. Screencap this

You haven't had one. This car is built entirely different from even the Veloster Turbo and will blow the similarly priced completion out of the water.

It hasn't come out yet.

>>what is the genesis coupe
Absolute garbage

lol ok ill play along, see you in three years m8.

Not quite. Somehow the handling on them just feels worse than even a pony car like the mustang. They do have a nice warranty and depreciate fast, though.

$1500 miata with 20k budget to be spent on stupid shit sounds exactly like something i'd like to have in my lifetime. i'd spend week or two on nurburgring, i'd buy it nice suspension and build cool high-revving naturally aspirated engine, i'd attend track days everywhere, maybe i'd try some kind of racing if available. no fear of car failure or crash because fixing everything is within budget, no restrictions about where do i want to go or what do i want to do

the new Supra.

3k civic
30k in mods
perfect

ND Miata Grand Touring

ZZW30 Mr2, they go for cheap-cheap. Nobody wants them so they're priced low, the looks can be easily fixed with some slight modifications.
If it's lacking power you can fit it with a turbo or put in a celica engine.

Even just the right colour/paint job can do a lot about the the looks.

I just want this car!!!!!!

Is this not the top of a new housing bubble?

nobody buys a n/a 2 liter expecting torque though so that's not really true

Do not buy a new(ish) car with cash, you would be an idiot

I was going to say the same thing

is it really overpriced? in my country it's cheaper than gt86

> mfw bought my car a few months before that video

The new Supra is going to be heavy and auto only. OP seems like he wants a lightweight manual car.

Depends on where OP lives.