/fng/ - Fortnite General

Constructor and Soldier OTP edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

>FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

>Some useful information
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true#

>Posting for EFFICIENCY AND KNOWLEDGE.
pastebin.com/iYcuwjr9

>Super useful site for alerts, llamas and news
stormshield.one/

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/yYvY1
dawadd123.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ded

The ninjas sure are

What happened to global chat?

Hate to ask again, but I never really got a definite answer. Given the new way Damage percentage works, which one of these Founder's Raptor's is better to upgrade to Malachite?

Current Raptor
>10% Weapon Damage (Energy
>10% Damage
>+45% Crit Damage
>+28% Crit Chance (gun has 35% chance to crit on the status screen

New one
>+10% Damage (Energy)
>+10% Damage
>+13.3% Headshot Damage
>+20% Damage

If you're good at aiming, Headshot. Otherwise, Crit. Headshot is a consistent 13.3% bonus damage on top of the Headshot bonus damage, whereas the Crit is a semi-consistent source of bonus damage if you're a shit aimer.

If you're confident on your headshots or have a headshot soldier go for 2nd. Otherwise go for the crits

Hey, I got a copy of this game from my friend. How do you build your home base? Do you just honeycomb everything and put a trap on every side of the square or something? Can you herd the zombies with small walls?

I'm mainly using Legendary Ramirez, not lucky enough to have Headhunter. I don't really aim for anything other than the head, so I guess I'll upgrade the second one and just keep the first one around if somehow Crit becomes the end-all-be-all again. Thank you for your input.

>Headshot Streak x5

Does that even do anything?

maybe boosets combat score

Husk pathfinding uses a math equation to find the fastest route. Basically it decides "Would it be faster to smash through this or go around it?"
They will go around one wooden wall, but smash through if they have to go two tiles out of the way.
The good news is this AI can be tricked by stacking more HP on single tiles, and the current best method is "slantstacks", which is two walls with a slanted roof and half-floor between, which gives a total of 4 things they have to smash through to get past.
I have two rows of these stacks on all four corners of my base. It would take them forever to smash through, so they path around and into my trap hallways.

Use the little 1x2 walls interchanging down halls to force husks to zig zag around them and go slower.

Only floor trap worth using is wooden spikes, cover everything in them. (Metal spikes do more damage, but wooden spikes slow them enough for other traps to do much more damage.)
Use bouncer traps to push them back the way they came, like near the entrance to your hall.
Use wall darts on both ends of halls longer than 2 tiles.
For every other wall slot in the hall alternate lights/shocker across from each other. Again, lights don't do damage, but give the roof traps, shock traps and dart traps time to reload.

As for roof traps, in the beginning use gas to clear out the low HP husks, then further in use the very high damage ceiling zappers. Somewhere near the middle use the one with a 3x3 area as well.

Around the actual base I personally use wall bouncers, because that keeps them from smacking the walls for very long, giving you time to get to them.
There's a lot of other little hints and tips you can pick up from the threads or previous ones.

As an old OMD addict and constructor main, I feel like if I'm doing my job right I shouldn't need guns.

Your bases make me jizz
t. fellow constructor main

Your base looks great. Make a video for noobs like me please

It sure does although you have to make sure you get a kill with it for it to proc, unlike shroud which works on activation. Works for throwing stars too, they're both edged damage.

You're not wrong. I made the mistake of Dragon Slashing a group of small husks with the explosive modifier last night.

Got an epic lead transform key from a mission chest. Pretty neat.

>using minigun on smasher
>get 20 5x in a row
GOML desu senpai.

>finish quest for finding hydraulic pistol parts
>no transform key or schematic
wtf is this shit?

it only gives you a pistol, no schematics

how completely worthless...

webmshare.com/yYvY1

>it only gives you a pistol, no schematics

WTF People what is this 'empathy' mission 'bonus'?

you take damage when your teammates do

>it's level fucking one
>hurr try it out before you buy llamas and maybe get the schematic goy

technically its power 20, so you can still use the piece of shit to kill weak ass mist monsters for that vbucks quest

Is the new (legendary) adventurer worth anything?
I'm tempted to level him up just to have the damage on my Knox's taunt but i'm not sure it's worth the drops/thunders/manuals to get him to 3*.

The other day I was able to grind the same level 70 survivors mission over and over again to get tickets, but I can't do that anymore?

Maximum of 10 storm missions per day. Llamas give guaranteed storm tickets goy.

Epic pls go

I'm here gathering "feedback" for future "updates". It seems this update was a rousing success so we'll be sure to imitate it in the future.

Yeah, love the bugs, crashes at 14 days and the hero reskins sold as "new heroes" but the ninjas are still OP though :(

We're already compiling new ninja changes. Apparently we inadvertently made Dim Mak Mari overpowered now so expect some changes to Shadow Stance and Smoke Bomb. Also Dragon Slash is pumping out more damage than expected once a certain tech threshold is met so we'll be tuning that back in line with our visions. We've also noted scaling errors in certain weapon rolls since the update went live so we're working to roll those back while only impacting game stability by ~20%. Good news for constructors though we're increasing the base damage of BASE damage by an additional three-quarters of a point. Stay tuned and look forward to a slew of "new" weapons and "new" heroes to "unlock".

The scariest part of your post is that without the ", it could very well be an Epic patch note.

Does anyone elses game lag to absolute shit for a good 5 seconds whenever someone joins?

>that brief instant of panic as you brace for another ctd

I don't lag but it hangs for about a sec

Down for anyone?

yea, im getting dc'd on pc

got kicked at the end of the mission, before the rewards.

>keep getting kicked from the server
that's ok.. I didn't want to play anyway b-baka...

COMPENSATION LLAMAS NOW!!!!

pls upvote

i did the same, but recieved no dmg. so idk how you managed to get dmg

No. It does absolutely nothing.

We're working out some kinks rolling back the +damage% bug I mentioned earlier but all is well. The next time you log in you'll have a Mini Llama waiting in your loot tab to compensate you for these minor technical issues.

Whats the best way to get tickets?

Upgrade Llamas.

Do your 10 mutated storm missions for the day then 3 day survive the storms.

Do your ten mutant storms, look for the highest paying ones. Then spam 3 day survivals.

Or buy llamas goy.

Thanks. And by the 10 you mean just for the quest or are they worth doing after the quest too for the tickets?

I still have no idea what people mean by this. Do you mean when people put up a wall, put the slanted roof in front of that wall, then put another wall in front of the slanted roof?

Step 1. Place a slanted roof piece with the upper portion facing away from the objective.
Step 2. Place directly underneath the slanted piece a 1x2 floor piece so the built-in miniwall is also facing away from the objective.
Step 3. Place a 3x3 T3 metal wall infront of the slanted piece and the miniwall floor. This is the outer "skin" where zombies will attack and you can place traps on.
Step 4. Place a 1x3 mini wall directly behind the slanted piece.

This is a basic slantstack and present to zombie AI 4 pieces in a single space that it will have to destroy to get past. This is troublesome to the AI so it says fuck that and willingly moves down 8ish spaces over where a kill funnel is ready to guide them in deeper.
Slantstacks can be inverted to stand ontop of eachother and the like or built as many deep as you want. The long and short of it is if you do it right zombies will willingly walk a spiraling labyrinth of death to get to a dead-end deeper in just because that technically made more and easier progress towards the objective and now all you have to do is kill lobbers, mist monsters, and propane husks.

Here. For better visualization.

Why do a short wall for step 4, instead of a 2x3 or a full wall with a doorway?

I asked the same question and there seems to be 80 differing answers. Hopefully constructor goddess knows and will provide an answer. But as far as I see it: Short walls so i can jump over it and climb up the back of the slant to shoot over it OR full walls if its abutting the objective itself for extra protection. What matters is that the wall exists at all in that space as it will be counted as an object by the zombie AI.

Yeah but you can still jump over a 2x3 as any character, or just go through a doorway to climb up the slant, while giving the wall more health to deter/occupy enemies.

They usually won't get past the outer skin. The whole point is to make them ignore it all together so they willingly walk 5 blocks over and walk through death funnels full of traps. The only reason its T3 metal preferably with wall launchers is to prevent shit like smashers 1 hitting it and buying you time for wall sweeps. Your actual objective can have the full wall because if they get that far somehow, lobbers clearing a way, it might need the protection.

Steps1,2,4 can be wood all that matters is they exist for the AI to detect and be deterred by.

>that last mini wall
I never did that. Interesting.
Also, does it matter which way the inner floor is facing? I usually have the floor part touching the outer wall instead of the ramp

not that i've noticed.

>inner floor
Actually it does have an impact on their pathing because it gives them another spot to attack: The floor of the piece. Its impact is almost non-existent, but it's still there.

Giant flaming fuck-you skulls are more likely to hit it if they hit the ground directly in front of/the wall itself.

>All those Tickets
Shame they're on missions I'm too weak to even consider handling except maybe that 46 Rescue the Survivors. Good design.

>be a good goy
>have several legendary heroes
>except the one I want most of all

I thought the AI calculated building health per tile rather than buildings per tile so a second full wall would be the best choice. What do I know though, I'm a dirty little pajama monkey.

>never payed a V-coin
>got legendary Knox,& epic Jess in believers llamas and epic Sarah in a troll truck
>still stuck without any good weapon and only 2 epic trap, one with passable rolls

I still don't know if i should consider myself satisfied with what i got or not.

I too want megabase kyle

Stick with the dissector or go with farmer's glory?

>spear

For what purpose?

It's my only legendary melee weapon.

It's not a Cyclone but is this worth evolving Deadeye for? I just can't stand to play soldier anymore.

Then you might as well not use it. It receives no benefits from Ninja Edged bonuses and it's certainly no Hammer for a Penny.

souce me, boi

Are you me? Because that's how I am. I have one hero and 1 gun that I've been using since the beginning of the game and its starting to kill me of boredom that I can't do anything else.

i use a blue version of this, it has really shitty range (but deadeye's blink compensates for that) but it shits out bullets, and thusly damage, like no tomorrow, which will be even faster because of the mods, and since your be in there face and the spread is large, the headshot damage is pretty good too
for a machine pistol i'd say it's pretty good
i can't say whether the gun type is good, but it is fucking FUN

dawadd123.tumblr.com

>keep getting duplicate Even Hero Legendaries
>still no BASE Hype

GIVE HER TO ME EPIC FUCK

Do the 14-day Level 70.

>ywn use strikers skin with deadeyes abilities

Transmog when? Does Punch become strong enough on Striker A.C to warrant having no real combat bonuses or do I have to choose between looking baller or being effective?

>hit my 10 storm limit

I need more raindrops you fucking kikes you said I could farm LET ME FARM
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dude I'm only level 32

That doesn't matter. Keep joining games until you find one of the turboautist constructors who dropped $18,000 on the game and can solo carry everyone.

BASE Daddy or BASE Mommy?

MEGABASE Daddy > BASE Mommy > Almost everyone else

Got her in my second storm llama, they are dropping heroes like crazy for me. Have hope. pretty sure they have a lot better drop rates

>10 storm limit
Wait what? As in you're only allowed to do 10 Mutant Storms every (however long)?

Spam the 3 night survival for some more?

How good is the BASE Hype you can get from Storm Llamas? I got an epic of her, I don't know much about constructors but my only other one is a rare Power BASE Knox. Knox has a pretty neat tactical bonus though.

muh dick

>tfw no cute Hype mommy

Only bad thing about BASE Hype is she loses her teddy bear hat, and Kinetic Guardian's color-scheme is just shit compared to Legendary Sentinel Hype's. Caramel brown skin + jade is the toppiest of tier shit

ded

ded

I'M BUSY PLAYING THE GAME YOU FUCKING MEMELORD

Just let it die. Maybe /fng/ is the blood price to finally get a Super Hero llama. I'd pay it gladly.

Is Dragon a good weapon?
Is Hammercrush a good weapon?
since these are my only legendary weapons, should I level them or just count on my Epic Founder's Raptor?

>tfw you have 4/4 characters from the event and are satisfied enough just before realizing you have been on a weapon +crit damage only streak for about two weeks and you roll into a legendary hydraulic assault rifle and get crit damage with no +crit
Hand them over epic

I want to marry Hype!

Wouldn't it be easier to put the Step 4 first?