Electric dd

EV owners of Veeky Forums... yes, all 2 of you
I do 100k km a year and I mostly do them in my daily commute (about 100 km)
in summer I make 500km trips back and forth every weekend
occasionally I go to Poland or Germany (from northern Italy) for work, but that's rare (around 1400 km trips)
I have a diesel ford focus that averages 7l/100km because every weekend my dickhead son takes it and consumes more than I do, the poor little shit
all in all I spend about 10.5 grand every year in diesel fuel (fuck me, right?)
the car itself cost me 19k because I gave ford my old car

now

if I got pic related, it would cost me about 34 grand BUT it would save me (provided that it actually costs €0.043 every km) around €5500 every year, making it as expensive as the ford after just 3 years, not taking into account that the recharges done at my job would cost less due to them going on the budget of the company (which I own)
this would mean that I'd have to take the pain in the ass of recharging an ev every 380km (making trips to Poland rather... interesting)

the main question is: how much does an ev deteriorate after 4 years?
my cars last 400k km, can I do that in a crappy Renault Zoe?

They offer batteries for rent, but idk if they accept to rent them to someone cranking out 100 thousand km every year and idk if that's convenient

does any of you own ev's and can tell me if they'd be worth it in my case?
there's a chance of saving upwards of 5 grand every year, but idk if the car will even work when it will start saving me money

or do you reckon a hybrid would benefit me most?
in that case, which hybrid?

>I own a business
>I am smart enough to know what I can write off and what I can't
>But I need some edgy internet Americans who's expertise lies in identifying a femenine benis to validate some simple calculations and do some googling for me.

Perplexing.

no, what I'm asking is direct experience with ev's that I'm already gathering elsewhere, but I wanted your input too
I want to know how the car is after 300k km/3 years to know if it makes sense getting one

still waiting for ev owners of Veeky Forums (or people of Veeky Forums who know ev owners) to give their inputs

I guess no one here has an ev after all

Renault has an "unlimited milage" plan. It probably kills batteries. Dunno if you really can do 100k a year there are probably limitations. Maybe they get money from small users to pay for big users.

Zoe batteries last 200 or 300km (old ones), 400km announced for the last version. Some journalists got 393km but no one had more than 400km. It's also pretty slow to charge.

imo it's not interesting.

Use plane and rent shitboxes in Poland or Germany

EV driver here, Fit EV in Burgerland.

>the main question is: how much does an ev deteriorate after 4 years?
The main one is going to be the battery, there's not a whole lot mechanically to worry about. Depending on your climate and driving conditions expect to lose range over the life of the battery. Batteries are getting better but there will be loss over time, there's no getting around it. The degree at which you will loose capacity is hard to say since there's so many different factors, but entropy is a bitch. What I would recommend is whatever the maximum distance of your long trips are, make sure you have at least 20-30 km or so of remaining range so you have some protection.

>my cars last 400k km, can I do that in a crappy Renault Zoe?
There's very little to break on EVs assuming the manufacture's quality control and general quality are up to snuff. As long as the battery holds up relatively well (most do and the car makers usually give you a really good warranty) there's not much to go wrong. What I will say is you might not want to own this car outright, because depending on the market and tech advances they will start depreciating pretty fast. I don't know how financing works in Europe but lease options are pretty popular here in the states so you aren't holding the bag. Alternatively if you're seeing this as an investment and don't care about getting a ton of money back when you resell it then you can buy it presuming your lifestyle won't change too much down the line and become incompatible with the cars capabilities.

>there's a chance of saving upwards of 5 grand every year, but idk if the car will even work when it will start saving me money

Figure out when your break even period is with all factors considered, this is a long term investment.

Plug in Hyrbids are awesome, I recently test drove a Honda Clarity plug-in. Basically, a plug-in hybrid typically has an electric drive train, electric motors and a good size battery with a gas motor that can generate power for the motor and charge the battery.

In the Clarity's case you have a range of 47 miles (75 km) on avg of pure electric driving before the gas engine kicks in and starts charging. After that you have about 340 miles (547 km) or so of total range. The cool part is the car can run off gas alone, so you don't have to worry about range anxiety and you're still getting really good fuel economy. The best case scenario is your commute to work and back primarily uses the battery, and you save the gas for longer trips. Being able to charge at work (or at home) means depending on distance you could drive most days without ever using any gas. I don't know the EU market too well, but the main plug ins I would look at from an American standpoint are the Chevy Volt, the Honda Clarity, and the Ioniq Plug-in.

Before jumping on the EV bandwagon, I would look at something larger and more practical. See if you can find a used Opel Ampera and use that before jumping to an EV.
The Ampera (known in the US as the Chevy Volt) uses an electric motor to drive the wheels. The EV range is about 40 miles (64 km), after which, a 1.4L gas engine kicks in to generate electricity for the electric motor, enabling you to take long trips in it.
Using an Ampera/Volt would be a good stepping stone to decide if an EV would be right for you.

>change in lifestyle
hell no, I am doing great
>plane to poland
ehh, idk, I like to be independent
diesel cars have always been the perfect choice for me
>resale value
I have never even considered that, I've been buying ford for the last 20 years and they buy back my beat as fuck cars for a reasonable price, so I have never had a problem there
idk if renault does that though so yeah the resale value is likely going to suck balls
>warranty
I use my cars a lot
they have unlimited warranty on mileage which is good, but it lasts 2 years which isnt enough
plug-in's are the only hybrids that make sense desu
it'd be great if there was a hybrid that could go the full daily commute on battery alone
maybe this is the right choice for now, but we'll see what the world has to offer after my 2015 focus dies

>400k km
>Ford Focus

Mine has 120km and engine already rattles, gearbox does hardshift crap when cold, rear bearings are shot.

400kkm in ford? It's not landcruiser bro.

>diesel cars

Europoors giving cancer to themselves and their children just to jew out few shekels on fuel.

My car has an electric motor to assist the combustion engine in starting

Other more traditional Hybrids make sense if you would be regularly exceeding the EV range of the plug ins or if you're doing mostly highway driving. The plug-ins (at least the Clarity) has a button to turn the gas engine on, because at highway speeds it's more efficient to have the gas engine supply power directly to the motor along with the battery.

you either bought a defected one or are a dumbass
or you have a petrol and ford petrols are shit idk
my ford cars last a lot, especially the engine which seems indestructible

Ford is using Peugeot diesel engines.

Legendary french quality mate.

but thats false
conventional, non-plug-in hybrids are better in town because that's where the batteries get recharged (during mild breaking you're not using disc brakes but only the regenerator), unless you're talking about hybrid vehicles in which the thermic engine doesnt drive the wheels but just recharges the battery.
you bastard cunt I spend 10.5 grand each fucking year on fuel alone, why don't you pay for my gas then, dumbass
and it's relatively clean, it has all the emission reduction technology and it's the 1.6 capable of 115hp but detuned to 95 so it's more economical and clean
sorry to tell you but there's people who need to work and need to have practical vehicles, dear busrider

At least you'll have all that money you saved with diesel for chemo and gamma knifes later after breathing in all that sooth.

Sometimes during rush hour I have felling I live in coal fueled medieval London, can't see through diesel haze from all you cheap fucks rattling with your cancer spewing shitboxes.

ahahahah you stupid amerifat
I have seriously already had cancer (lymphoma so not even respiratory) and it cost me literally €1 because one time I forgot to put a kinda expensive shot in the fridge and had to get it again and they made me pay the commission
this is very ironic

also, I have a working air filter so I don't get all the shit while driving and on top of that the traffic is really only in some big cities and sometimes on highways, I rarely get caught in jams.

Don't know for Italy, but in France Renault ask 120€ each month if you do more than 20kKm/year, take it into account.
But there is the new Nissan Leaf, as far as I know you don't have to rend the batteries.

Same, in France, you get the tax back for a company car diesel fuel and now for ethanol fuel. My next car will probably be E85.

I used renault's configurator and they show you the various fees to rent the battery according to your yearly mileage, but it only goes up to 40k a year, and I do more than twice so I guess I'd have to buy the battery, which makes the car over 34 thousand euros.
A good alternative would be liquid petrol gas but I wanted to see if EV's could save me even more.

French diesels are known to be reliable. Its the electricals that are known to shit themselves.

>I have a diesel ford focus that averages 7l/100km

That's not right. I get 8l/100 at 100mph with a 1.8 gas engine with a leaky HG.

To be honest Ferds own diesels are pretty shitty past the early-00s

they're developed along with PSA, but it's still Ford.
And I don't give a shit about your opinion, I drive Ford 2.0 and 1.6 diesels since 20 years and they have never let me down before the 350000km mark

7 is average combined and taking in account my son drives it aggressively, most of the time (aka when commuting) it's at 5 which is low

Renault refuse to sell the batteries in France, you can only rent them.
My +1 is trading his Auris for a Leaf next month, he's not stupid so I guess after math he will make economy.

>unless you're talking about hybrid vehicles in which the thermic engine doesnt drive the wheels but just recharges the battery.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The gas engine can also deliver power directly to the electric motor(s) in a lot of these cars.

get a plugin hybrid

>how the car is after 300k km/3 years

time to get another one

Hey che cazzo ci fai su una imageboard di pedofili e froci vecchio?

Comunque non credo proprio che un bocchino come tutte le macchine elettriche attualmente in commercio reggerebbero 100mila km l'anno

Attached: 1.jpg (675x1200, 66K)

Evs are only good for daily commutes, any trips or irregular schedules are very inconvenient. My mom drives a leaf to work amd grocery shop, but takes a gas car everywhere else. Highway or winter driving each cut your range in half. So highway driving in the winter your leafs 80mile range is suddenly only 25-30miles.