>Focus ST
>EcoBoost Mustang
>Focus RS
>Mustang GT
>Mustang GT350/GT350R
>Mustang GT500 (soon)
>Raptor
>GT
Why is Ford the only manufacturer who still cares about making performance cars anymore? Even if you want to argue that some of the cars aren't the best performers in their class, you can't deny that no other manufacturer is putting in half as much effort or has even half as many options in such a large variety.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36Ux2cmHCL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>FiST dead
>FoST dead
>FoRS dead
>GT dead

They are falling behind lol.

>Why is Ford the only manufacturer who still cares about making performance cars anymore?

Sweety I...

>merc
>performance
oh, yeah, I stuck a 134019hp engine in this fat lump of shit, look at how sporty I am

At one point I would have called you out for this argument being apples to oranges because of price. But you’re right. Though the Mercedes are still procier, the HO Ford stuff is pricey.

How many of those can you buy for under $50k?
Any of them?

but literally hp numbers are all burgerfats care about

Mercedes are all like $70-100k overpriced. Only low iq rich Arabs buy that gaudy overpriced crap.

The most expensive car in this thread is a Ford

You forgot about no manual transmission in mercs

Corvette Stingray, Corvette Z06/7, Corvette ZR1, Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1, Camaro Z28, V6 Camaros. I mean you say they are the only ones concerned with making performance cars but Chevy says otherwise. I guess you got me on the hatchbacks.

BTMBOI

But see the beautiful thing about Ford is that the cheapest ones in this thread are all Fords. Ford makes cars that not only do people want to buy, but that they can realistically buy. and they're not stuck making a dozen different versions of the same coupe year after year like Chevy is. You got your choice of 3 different hot hatches and a truck because fuck it, why not. The only dept they lack is the sporty sedan.

No more SHO?

besides the GT all of the Ford performance models can be had for $70k or less (ignoring dealer mark-ups). how many AMG cars could be had for less than $70k? the CLA45 is the only one i can think of and those are outperformed by a Kia Stinger for the same price.

Define the word dead please

>same number of chassis as the Ford picture
>but we added more variants guys

GM cars are pretty much boring save for the SS I like and still kind of the Camaro.

The SHO isn't really "sporty". It's no more a performance car than a V6 Honda Accord.

Aren’t the SHO TT and AWD?

I mean I'm not trying to shill for Chevy here but Ford basically has made a billion different versions of the Mustang and that it as far as performance goes for the last 10 years. Then they introduced the Ford GT which can be beaten by a ZR1 corvette for a third of the price (or at least challenged by it if you want to use the seat belt excuse) along with their Focus RS which is actually a pretty cool car but overpriced for what it is. Ford raptor is unique and really cool but once again kinda expensive.

>inb4 "but you can't buy any of them for 50k"

yes but admitting that would poke a huge whole in his argument

Wow look at all those different and interesting choices to choose from

I drove the Lincoln version of the SHO. It was quick, but I didn’t feel really good while driving it. It wasn’t very fun.

>my wife wouldn't let me buy one with 2 doors so I had to choose the panamera

Not really. Being boosted and AWD doesn't make it a performance car. By your logic the Lincoln MKZ is a sportscar too.

You make a point. But I feel like SHO is still performance.

Instead of making a whole bunch of different cars they make a fuckton of variants of a few cars. Go ahead and tell me there's no variety in the 911 lineup alone.

I like Dodge's current approach to "performance".
>We put this really big engine in the Challenger.
>Then we put it in the Charger
>Then we put it in the Jeep Cherokee
>I bet we can stick it in a RAM too

>It's no more a performance car than a V6 Honda Accord

>Introducing the 2019 Grand Caravan Hellcat

It's got sleeper appeal but it's a one trick pony. You can't have fun driving it around a country road or going to track day or anything. You can stamp on the pedal on the interstate and that's about all it's good for. It's okay "for a sedan" but it's very clear that they didn't put forth any effort into making it fun like the cases in the OP picture.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, SRT

>Why is Ford the only manufacturer who still cares about making performance cars anymore?
If you used public transport when you need to get from point A to point B instead of driving muh climate controlled cage all manufacturers would be making performance oriented automobiles for enthusiast because everyone not-interested-in-driving would be using something else and there would be no money in catering to owners of boring, dull, compliant commuter cars.

You reap what you sow.

>I think a V6 Accord is a performance car

>You can't have fun driving it around a country road
Why not? AWD on gravel back roads is great fun

>I make things up that were never said to make him seem ridiculous

I had fun on a back road in a crown Vic once. It didn’t like rolling twice

Yep. Even though they manage to produce a pathetic small amount of hp from those cast iron 8 liter engines

Be Ferd
>Put muh Ecobootht into this Compact
>And this "truck"
>and this "supercar"

Mahhhh ecoboooootht

>its easy to spot the assmad GM fangirl because he always types ecobooth

>Hellcat guy, "mad" about displacelets, or jealous in any way whatsoever of a once proud by now EPA cucked brand

And don't forget the Edge ST. 335hp twin turbo V6 AWD compact SUV with 8sp automatic and "fully manual paddle shifters". Really kinda sounds like a stumble but maybe it'll be okay?

Ferdlets pretending that people think ecoboosts are good

HA!

I'm not even that guy who posted the dodge thing.
I just think it's funny how easy it is to spot you, princess.

Never said you were, don't care if you are.

>Displacelet, calling other people princess

Sorry Alpha Jeb, Ford's ecoboost line isn't some super awesome thing that people universally think is great.
It ain't just the GM guys who think they're retarded, it's the Mopar guys, the PorscheChads, the honda guys, even the miatabros too.

>hey
>you better believe me
>all of these guys totally support me
>I totally have friends
lmaoing at ur life

>Ford's ecoboost line isn't some super awesome thing that people universally think is great.
I don't think anyone ever said that but okay. GM, Dodge, Honda, Miata, whatever, they can think whatever they want but at the end of the day it's just a marketing gimmick to rename the turbo charger. It's not supposed to be anything more or less. It's no different that like, Mercedes "Kompressor"

To be fair it's a really good engine. I also kind of like the absurdity of adding that much power to anything with a big enough engine bay, it's funny if nothing else.

The Edge is not really compact. Plus, those specs are basically the last Lincoln MKX with an 8 speed. The escape is compact and would have been an impressive setup with the 2.7 motor.

>Dropping the same silly little engines in all the cars to appease the EPA
>Defending it like a cuck and pretending that's not what it is
>"HURRRRRRRR i'm laughing!"

And I'm laughin' at you kiddo.

>Look what I did, turned a thread about shitty cars that sound like ass into laughs enjoyed by all

Fugggg :DDDDD

>enjoyed by all
Keep telling yourself that
>kiddo

Lmao, assmad GM fangirl is getting triggered

>Dropping the same silly little engines in all the cars
Every car has a different engine though. The 2.3 in the EBM and the RS have the same block but that's about it.

>at the end of the day it's just a marketing gimmick to rename the turbo charger
should've just renamed one of their V8s to "Ecoboost V8" so we get a good engine and they can advertise ecoboost. the V8 would've ironically gotten better fuel economy too. the GT500 is probably going to get better fuel economy.

Ford fusion sport

But it's not a gimmick its its its progress!

>In b4 a 17 year old cuck calls you a "princess" because you prefer an mans' engine.

No one knows "alpha" like a kid whose balls dropped last year

You COMPLETELY missed the point of that post.

>she still cant stop replying and posting 3rd grade insults

you listed 7 trim packages on 2 models

>Childlet flapping his little hands and repeating himself because he was Asshurt so bad

Your taste in cars is shit, and so are your "comebacks" dudelet.

youtube.com/watch?v=36Ux2cmHCL8

FFS.

>literally cant help herself from replying

>weak ecoshart engine
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""performance""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>nothing will ever stop the assmad GM fangirl from raging
>nothing

>implying i would shill for any american garbage

haha no silly ford cuck. ford and gm are both shit in their very own special ways.

>TFW no 4WD Pontiac hot hatch

>literally cannot stop

Cruze SS fucking when

>look at this ford cuck meltdown

subaru is and will always be better stay mad.

>she has to mention her vapenobile before she stops
>which she won’t anyways

Yes I too wish porsche wasted their limited staff and money on making a fucking pickup truck.

>vapenobile

lol, ford owners can't spell because they never made it past the 1st grade.

>spelling errors are all she can go on about
>s e e t h i n g

Will the Ranger Raptor be a success, or not?

>GTI outranking Golf R
????

>called her out on her spelling error and goes extreme apeshit angry

lmao, this is the typical ford cuck.

Cheaper and just as fun so better value, I guess

>still clinging to spelling errors
>GM cucks think this is a car based argument
>still an angry cuck

>still seething that i called her out on her spelling error that she can't even forget about it because it still haunts her
>has dementia
>"ur an angry cuck!!!!"

look at this loser have a meltdown lmao

>Sport Compacts
Z4 not listed
4c not listed
Nissan Fucking Sentra listed

Nobody is fixated on spelling but you. Stop being delusional.

sperg more

You’re filling the thread up. It would get too ridiculous if I did that too.

>literally cannot stop sperging
looool

>this triggers the GM fangirl

kek
You might be eating those words in a few years, though, homie. It wasn't long ago that nobody thought Porsche would make a cuckover but there they are.

>Z4 not listed
>4c not listed
these arent sport compacts you fucking mong.

never, GM hates you.

What are they, then? Sport full size? Z4 so roomy. Oooh.

they are sports cars.

VW offers a sport trim on every single model they have
>Up! GTI
>Polo GTI with a 2.0 TSI 200 bhp engine
>Golf GTI with a 2.0 TSI 245 bhp engine or the Golf R with the 2.0 TSI 310 bhp engine.
>Passat GTE 218 bhp hybrid or Passat R Highline 220 bhp pure petrol power
>Even the Beetle comes in the Beetle Sport trim which comes with a 220 bhp 2.0 TFSI petrol engine
>VW Arteon comes with the R-Line and a 280 bhp 2.0 TFSI petrol engine
>Even the fucking Touran comes with the R-Highline option of an 180 bhp 1.8 TSI engine in a fucking school bus.
>The Tiguan, one of the least sporty models, comes with a 220 bhp 2.0 TSI trim available.

Still not convinced? They even offer the wagon variant of the Passat the 2.0 TSI 280 bhp engine. In a fucking wagon.

VW really does have everything for everybody, no matter your needs, budget or mental issues.

I don't even think the Ranger will be a success. The only 2 selling points it had was that it was small but it's actually huge and that it had a diesel but then they put a diesel in the F150. What they really oughta do is make a Ranger Lightning.

>no more VR6, not even in the Passat or Arteon
Reeee

those figures for the Passat, Tiguan, and Arteon are unimpressive.

We all know Alfa is working on a M5/RS6/E63 competitor right now. Now, they could be sane, take a 600hp F154 V8, throw it in a scaled up Giulia and call it their next Quadrofoglio.

Or.

They could throw a Hellcat engine in there, and out-AMG AMG.

Even better if they mention their next flagship will be a hybrid on the 1st of April, and keep up the lie for a month or two untill we've fallen for it, and then it turns out to be a different kind of hybrid.

But they are not compact cars.

So thats basically three tiers of FWD(-biased) shitboxes. 280hp ina wagon isn't impressive, that's not even enough to warrant an AMG badge in an age where Mercedes is sticking them on everything.

Since build quality has pretty much leveled out on the entire VAG bunch, they make the difference between them with the engines.

But yeah, when I saw the performance figures of the Arteon I also went WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY, and I'm a huge VAG fan. They really failed miserably with the Arteon.