Helping out your little bro

>helping out your little bro
prnewswire.com/news-releases/mazda-and-toyota-establish-joint-venture-company-mazda-toyota-manufacturing-usa-inc-300610256.html

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-toyota-electric-vehicles/toyota-to-form-electric-car-technology-venture-with-mazda-idUSKCN1C3071
thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/mazda-seems-rust-never-sleeps/
youtube.com/watch?v=hoLu7c2XZYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mazda need the hybrid technology for a rotary hybrid
Toyota is interested in the skyactiv x, what do you think they are gonna use it for
Could it be a new MR

I wanna see a Mazda/Toyota skunkworks MR2

>Mazda
>Toyota
>Two Favorite car companies

This is good

mid engine miata

I wanna see them team up to make the followup to the 86/FRS/BRZ

>they make a mid engine Miata and Mr2 based car
>the icon of its decade
>europoors and amerishits cry
>japan has won

Camry hybrid
Shitty Crossovers

fucking B O R I N G

lol as if

>they make a mid engine miata and mr2 based car
>the icon of its decade
>idiots nitpick it for stupid details
>completely overlook how awesome the car is

same as every other awesome car

Good collaboration from both sides

Toyota gets their hands on that sweet Skyactiv X and mazda gets toyotas excellent hybrid system

If u combine a skyactiv X with a hybrid set up Your going to get really good efficiency, enough to stay competitive and cost effective with all electric which are still overpriced right now

A side bonus, that Toyota Hybrid tech is gonna end up in the RX-9 bet on it

>implying the nit picking isnt the crying of Europoors and amerishits

>implying anyone other than Amerishits and europoors overlook it

everyone has their own taste, but for Japanese sports car, it would be outstanding

Inb4 a brz with a 3 rotor

the gt86 is amazing and that turned into a shit show

well the BRX 86 was like a "make it your own" car, where it was a bid bland until you did something to it, and since every other car from anyone else was turbo, even suv's

so everyone who came into the BRZ 86 expecting a 500 hp sports car gave it a bad rap

im assuming this will be the same, but if this does happen im hoping it pushes over 300 hp so people dont complain as much

but bad publicity is still publicity

they should have partnered up for the 86/ND in the first place

It has nothing to do with the car. People expect jap sports cars to be as well though-out and tuned as their Mazda 3, at the same price. In essence, they expect japs to trounce the germans for half the money. That's never going to happen, but it hasn't stopped previous jap sports cars from selling well.

There's nothing wrong with the 86 for the price. It might not have the specs you want, you probably want something more like a Boxter, but keep in mind how much a Boxter costs.

Did people talk shit about cars like the 240z, the MR2, or the gtr like they do with the brz now?

> fourth gen mr2
> engine options : turbo 4 cylinder, n/a three rotor, and turbo two rotor
> double wishbone suspension on all four wheels
> coupe, targa and soft top variants
> 2300 lbs

I would literally put myself into debt if they made that car

Did someone drop his keys?

yes, because they were salty busriders

>240z

flimsy japcrap!!!!

>mr2

snap oversteer!!

>gt-r

muh gojirrrraaaahhhh!!!

no one really complained that they were slow or under powered

its a boxster

i wanna see them team up and make robot waifus real

I was talking about the Porsche Boxter, nimrod. The GT86 has a BOXER engine, no T.

the 240z actually surprised a lot of US magazines by how good it was, they loved it. they were used to shitting on japanesuh cars before.
t. watched a fairlady z documentary

There is no Porsche boxter. It's a portmanteau of boxer and roadster, boxster.

>Mazda, the saviour of ICE, is now gonna have shitty Toyota hybrid systems spliced in.
>mx-5 NE will weigh 1400kg with battery
>new rotory will be even more pig fat and shittier than the rx8

That's not what miku would look like.

The article doesnt say anything about them teaming up or sharing technology. Its literally just a shared manufacturing plant thats gonna produce Mazda crossovers and Corollas.

You forgot
>FWD
because Toyota.

High HP numbers come with a higher price tag even if you take a $30k car and make the cylinders bigger. Just like two doors come with a price tag.

it's an implicit status symbol tax because only the rich are meant to have nice things.

You are correct about this article. But we already knew about the technology partnership for more than a year. If they do make a shared platform car for the road, this plant will be making parts for that model.

reuters.com/article/us-toyota-electric-vehicles/toyota-to-form-electric-car-technology-venture-with-mazda-idUSKCN1C3071

More rebadged Mazda2s which isn’t a bad thing. If they rebadge a Mazda6 Wagon they can take my money.

>THE VEGETA

I wouldn't mind making a hybrid with her ;)

Bad news for Toyota.

The ONLY thing Mazda is good at is designing cars that rust out faster than any other brand.

thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/mazda-seems-rust-never-sleeps/

“Less than a year ago, the automaker was forced to recall a slew of newer models — 2.2 million vehicles in total — after insufficient corrosion protection”

“Of course, that was just a couple of months after Mazda recalled six models years of its CX-7 crossover over fears of suspension separation caused by, that’s right, rust.”

“The latest recall covers Mazda 6 vehicles from the 2014 and 2015 model years, as well as 2014 to 2016 Mazda 3s.”

Really worried about Toyota. Toyota is known for its quality and associating with such a bad brand as Mazda can only bring Toyota into a negative light.

It's just a jointly owned manufacturing plant. Jump the gun some more.

what are they looking for

Oh God please let them turn the RX9 or whatever into a hybrid crossover. I can't wait to see the mazdagirls squirm.

best Miku right here-

youtube.com/watch?v=hoLu7c2XZYU

Do you even think? There will never be a rotary crossover because it's too complicated and maintenance-heavy for the mom's who will drive them.

>muh gojirrrraaaahhhh!!!

I don't want them to use a rotary, That would just make the Mazdagirls happy. I want to see a small turbo 4cylinder or a V6, Or whichever is less sporty.

>RX9
Rotary
eXperiment
If it doesn't have rotary it wouldn't be an RX.

Maybe with toyota and Mazda working together they can finally release an infotainment system with fucking Android and CarPlay

Mid engine rotary hybrid with electric motors driving the front wheels.

No you wouldn't, and that's why these cars won't be built. BRZ FR-S GT86 sales are insanely low right now. They won't make another

>i wanna see them team up and make robot waifus real
They do make life-sized dolls in Japan. It's been going on since the 1990's.

i may need this. because of reasons

they're checking out eachother's shoes

How much does something like this cost?
>n-not like I’d buy one... or anything...

>You ok, bro?
>Shouldn't have had Chipotle for lunch.
>You want a Pepto?

$1000 up to $2500 available on amazon.

Thank you for the information, stranger

When this becomes talking and like a person chads are gonna be so mad that they aren’t special anymore. I can’t fucking wait.

um, why do her stockings have holes worn into the knees ?

it's the motorized CBT model
it does a high knee kick to the balls

Regenerating
eXperiment
9 cubic feet of cargo room

Those fags will make it work. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for Mazda.

Probably because people realized they are 20 year old corolla slow and can't just slap on a turbski and boost it to the moon thanks to the compression ratio

>Mazdayota

GT86 X 03'Protege
>NEEDS

The problem with the 86 was the single engine choice.
They needed to offer a factory turbo/supercharged version with better tyres and suspension.

If they make an MR2 or Mid engine Miata, it's going to be pigfat due to safety regs, and, if the recent Supra reveal is any indication, auto only.

I think we'll just see a couple of FWD hybrid pigfat crossovers with a "sporty" look like the C-HR that's selling like hotcakes.

Why is mazda doing a shit bow?

>Toyoda
>To*yoda*

you had one job

Trust me, Toyota is well aware of why the 86 doesn't sell.
They're less interested in fixing it than they are in just cracking a few more eggs and plowing on with what sells.

Yeah, move along, nothing to see here.

>plant in america
sounds like DSM all over again
get ready for a new generation of engines to have serious internal flaws

Reminder:

>ford worth 44 billion
>nissan worth 40 billion
>honda worth 50 billion
>bmw worth 60 billion
>mazda worth 12 billion
>toyota worth

>170 BILLION

Is that right? I thought Honda was the biggest in Japan.

Yep. Toyota makes ~10m cars a year and honda makes almost 5m

I need a job at this plant but I live in MI. Any thoughts or ideas? Apparently there's a hidden site to apply.

Honda Accord used to be America’s #1 car until the Camry took over in 2002

THIS. Hella good Veeky Forums strategy imo

>Mazdayota
>MaSTA YODA
"I'm gonna pass you."

>Toyoda
So Toyota original name?

>Toyota ruined Subaru

RIP Mazda

Skyactiv-x coupe with targa top please

Just a mini efficient corvette with a NA 2.5L that makes like 220hp..

>250hp/310ft.lbs
>2300lbs
>40mpg
>0-60 sub 5s

It would be glorious, probably never going to happen.