Gaydar:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
No Grom? Try the ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

First for the future of American motorcycles.

I don't know how to feel about this

This makes me excited about the future of my favored company

>tfw no 401 vitpilen

So I was at a local baiku dealership today and sat on some bikes.

Do people actually find cruisers comfortable? I honestly can't imagine being in that position for any amount of time is comfortable in the slightest. The Indians and Vulcans I sat on were less comfortable than the Ninjas.

i remember seeing these things on tv ages ago, pretty cool actually, wish i could remember what its called

Probably shouldn't buy one huh?

Definitely not.

The only bike I'd really consider from that place would probably be the Versys.

Touring cruisers? Absolutely. I could ride a Chief or Road King till I fell asleep sitting up. Middleweight cruisers like the Scout and Vulcan? Not really, but certainly not the least comfortable bikes out there. I can ride my Scout with the stock seat for 5 or 6 hours without much ass or back pain, could probably go a couple hours longer but I haven't had enough free time on a nice day to try yet. Posture and having the right bars/pegs for your height makes a big difference.

Ninja's are unusually comfy, though. I could probably ride one further than my Scout.

Are you either really tall or a manlet? Cruisers have a recliner seating position that takes getting used to.

It's because the Ninjas 250/300/400 has an upright seating position for beginners that don't have the motorcycle abs yet for the tuck.

Yep. The 650 is actually very upright and comfortable as well. The 2016 that I road had fat ass fuckin seat too, pretty sure it was stock.

I have rode a chief all day.
It's glorious. And I have one of those sheepskin covers with gel for comfy overload

>trying to ride like a fuckwit
>on dry rotted bias ply tires
I feel like a temporary citizen rn

Completely average.

I ride a GSX600F and learned to ride on a TU250X, so I'm probably just used to having my knees bent and more or less underneath me. Having my legs extended straight out isn't really something I'd like to do all day.

The bigger, fancier cruisers with the floorboards were a lot more comfortable, but I wasn't a big fan of the seats on those either.

CBR300s are also upright exactly like the CB300F

I thought the CBR500 would be different, but nope still upright seating just like the CB500F

I never sat on the CBR650 but supposedly it's got a comfy asf seat.

That seat does look exceptionally plump, I don't blame you.

This is why I've always own naked streetbikes. You have the lightweight and power of a sportbike but flat handle bars and upright seating of a cruiser. But you are up high and not low to the ground so you have a better view of the road.

The low CC sportbikes have a certain charm to them, I kinda want to get a Ninja 400.

jesus that's like riding a horse

yeah, its a good compromise for comfort and power.

I also like the ninja 400, i'd pick one up if i didn't have a more useful bike already.

Riding the absolute piss out of a small bore motorcycle is very fun every once in a while.

It's an exceptionally comfy "sportbike".

Nakeds are fine, but for any long ride I need a windshield.

I have an FZ07 and the Ninja 400 interests me.

Probably because the first motorcycle I rode was my friend's Ninja 250.

Went for a soda run boys. (Actually alcohol)
Hows everyones night?

Max comfy coming through

Kawasaki

are you me? I am in the exact same situation except i have an sv now,

Hittin' the road for a sunset rip in about 10 minutes. Blues skies all weekend and plenty of time to ride, feels good.

I happen to agree with you but according to 99% of people we're insane or haven't actually sat on a cruiser. They're just fucking awkward and it feels like sitting in one of those pregnancy chairs with the stirrups for you legs, I don't get it.

I don't know how you found the Vulcan uncomfortable. I sat on one myself today and it was pretty great. It wasn't even customized with the extended reach kit either, which has a cushier seat.

>tfw no getting your pap smeared on a harley

>tfw got up two hours ago and have no idea why I just slept for 14 hours

Damn. How much longer till you and the Chief are reunited?

I just don't like sitting like I'm a sideways U.

Ehh, I'll be back on land in two ish weeks or so maybe. Gotta put on my new backrest and luggage rack

>trying to compete with Indians
I'm getting a windshield soon either way.

Big trip coming up or just looking to haul more shit and up the comfies?

I like taking photos with other people's bikes.

Get an exhaust

Rode around for 2 hours going nowhere in particular and now I'm at home eating taco bell before I start playing Vermintide 2.

Also pic related next week.

>Bike does not start
>Starter spins, starter relay clicks, fuel pump primes
>feel cold puffs of air out the exhaust
>smell gas

Battery too dead to spark or all four spark plugs magically fouled when I stalled it in my driveway?

Yer fukt m8

No need to compete Shadowbro, Injunposters are chill.

Spray a bit of starting fluid into the intake and see if it still fails to start.

No competition. We're all friends here

Few big trips coming up with work buddies. So def gonna be an eventful year for road trips

>Sportbike
>Intake buried under interlocking plastic tabs of death

Fug

Speaking of, once I get it to start I'm going to sell it because I never rode it anyways and fucked around on a dual sport all summer

Which sportbike is the easiest to disassemble for when I finally have the motivation to ride one?

Is there not access to the intake under the seat?

There's nothing but a little bit of electronics there and even then, what you're supposed to touch is really tucked in there. I think underseat intakes in sportbikes died off a long time ago and now everything has an airbox under the tank for the ram air stuff.

>want to go for a ride
>can't decide where to go
>brain wigs out and gets all stressed out
>don't want to go anywhere any more

FUCK

Don think.

let the road be your guide.

or a tasty restaraunt you can get a snack at.

Well I guess that makes sense. My bike turns 20 this year.

If only it were that easy.

>just b urself bro

The CBRs all have lower bars than the CBs, it's not really upright so much as close to ye olde sportbike before they all became raecbiek, like the old Hurricanes and Interceptors. The 650F seat is fucking godlike from when I've sat on them, I really fucking want one. The straighter bars on nakeds and Ninja 650s just feel retarded to me.

Then don't go anywhere, just go, flip a coin at intersections, follow the person in front of you until you get bored, just head one compass direction for a while. There doesn't have to be a destination.

someone explain to me why I should rev match
why would I shift down and immediately rev up?
what's the usecase?
please explain

plz honda make mid size neocafe cb

So your motor matchets the rpm of your tire. Otherwise it can kick out depending on the rpm change

why would you not want a liter peter neocafe?

You don't though. You're supposed to rev between so that when you switch gears the final drive is the same speed.

>needing a reason to ride

Literally just go fill up gas and keep riding until you are bored.

>final drive is the same speed.
for what purpose
why wouldn't I just stay in my current gear if I wanted it to be the same speed
I literally do not understand in what kind of situation I would ever do that

import this and change the handlebars

Buy a bike, ride it for a while, and come back, you'll realize how stupid you sound.

Do you not have a bike? You would know what happens if you downshift without revmatching, the engine shits itself and you get a ton of engine braking

Just snap yourself into a tree with engine braking and maybe it will knock the stupid out of you.

i like smaller bikes, but I might just get the liter peter anyways

>import this
yeah... not the same though.

you don't have to believe me but I already own a bike and that's why I'm asking you, I have no clue when in the history of fuck it was ever necessary to revmatch
ah yes I do use the engine brake by shifting down
it works really well, thank you for asking

Anyone with slight mechanical inclinations can instantly understand why rev matching might be important

and why can't just anyone here explain it instead of telling me how stupid I am?
actually looks like you all are idiots, memeing rev matching without any explanation other than "rofllol look at that dunce he doesnt revmatch"
just explain it
pic related

This.

The wheel has to spin so fast, and the engine has to spin so fast depending on the gear

If it's not spinning fast enough it will brake the wheel and possibly lock it up until the engine has spun up or the wheel has slowed down

We invented slipper clutches that disengage under excessive engine braking for this reason

There's just less of a sudden shock on your engine and drivetrain when you rev match, the sudden loading causes increased wear on pretty pretty much all bearing surfaces, the other benefit is you're using the clutch less which potentially translates to a longer lifespan, it's not strictly necessary but if you can do it there's no reason not to since it's easier on your bike.

Is there a motorcycle company faster than Ducati?

And I’m referring to V4 Panigale Speciale Ducati with the Desmosedici Stradale engine and counter-rotating crankshaft (with the Akropovich titanium performance exhaust) equipped with its double layer fairing and control of the Quick Shift Evo and Bosch EVO ABS cornering system, a complete trelice frame, with Jorge Lorenzo's DNA implanted in its tank so it can perform 6D IDU slide control and DCT Evo enhanced cornering as well as being extremely skilled in acceleration and braking.

You already got a simple easy to understand answer with the first reply and then still argued over why you should do it. There isn't anything more to explain at this point.

Yeah.

Zero Motorcycles, instant torque 100% off the line.

Anything is faster than a broken bike.

spray it in the ram air ducts

>for what purpose

To slow down smoothly without using/minimally using your brakes

>why wouldn't I just stay in my current gear if I wanted it to be the same speed

I don't understand what you are saying here, if you want to stay the same speed then you aren't downshifting which means you don't have the revmatch in the first place.

>I literally do not understand in what kind of situation I would ever do that

Every single time you would want to slow down or come to a complete stop...

just checked out their bikes
>no range
>shit top speed
>horrible charging time
good for the city, nothing else

implying good for the city

Good thing you just described exactly what they are for.

I think I'll wait another 5 years, hopefully by then they don't cost as much as a supersport and can go farther

dirt biking again tomorrow. very excite

in high rpms it can make things smoothre

>buying a vehicle literally only for the city
Hm.

Just fukin send it

New to dirt bikes?

They are fine as long as you aren't going on cross country road trips.

I just want them to make an upright standard motorcycle with Scout-like styling. They're already most of the way there with the FTR concept

Quit posting your bike.
It makes me want to buy an Indian...

They should take their engine, cut it in half, and turn it into a parallel twin.

I dunno, American V-Twins are kinda what makes them unique
If I wanted a P-Twin I'd just get a jap bike
Indian also makes 750cc engines if you want something lighter

Does anyone know if the old pre-2008 tupperware KLR fairings are compatible with the 2008+ KLRs?

Blipping the throttle stops the vehicle from engine braking.
Don't blip if you are intending to make a full stop.

Why can't /scoot/ and /dbt/ just consolidate into one thread?