Is the gen 4 camaro is better than the gen 4 supra?

Convince me that american cars arent the best cars on the market

Attached: ade2b24fde49642ba3a2f73f789a564b08159ef6503305a8375d09e06b63ead5_1.jpg (1080x1004, 175K)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, user. If you take opinions from someone else you are blind. It doesn't matter what car you like, the Supra and the Camaro both have things that a person can appreciate.

>gen 4 camaro
Haha, oh boy.
Pros:
>Goes (sort of) fast in a straight line
Cons:
>Abysmal gas mileage
>Mouse fur cloth
>Drivetrain cooks passengers
>Tacky, cheap plastic
>Blind spots everywhere
>Unrealible
>You look like the hillbilly retard you are

t. import homo who got beat

I like how the catfish looks, but really expect to be shit on by literally everyone else

can be built for handling though, even though it's rare. Check out some autocross catfish, they're pretty cool

almost anything can be made to handle theres a secret serious car people know and ill let you in on it money can fix anything wrong with a car you give me enough money i can make a 6 second alchohol autocross car

Firebird > Camaro

Attached: 1507858506312.jpg (720x718, 57K)

Mk IV Supra
> Widely renowned chassis
> Huge aftermarket
> Extremely popular powerplant
> Used in several Motorsports
> Goes into corners sideways

Gen 4 Camaro
> Well-known chassis
> Huge aftermarket
> Extremely popular powerplant
> Primarily used as Drag cars and street machines
> Comes out of corners sideways

I think it boils down to preference. If you dig cam gurgle and tearing ass on the highway, the Camaro is for you. If you dig turbo noises and tearing ass on the highway, the Supra is for you.

The LS1 is extremely reliable you dip. Also 4th gens are fast as hell and handle decently well, watch Matt Farah review them, same story every time "this doesnt look like it would handle like it does"

Also you are absolutely never going to get anything going as fast in a straight line for as cheap as an LS1 camaro. With just a cam and 1.6 rockers/springs you can be putting 460 to the flywheel. Thats like 4k total invested for a total beast of a car.

>all this catfish hate
you guys realize there was a pre facelift model, right?

Attached: f-body.jpg (800x600, 71K)

>lt-sh1t over based ls1
LMAO just stop
the only half decent looking 4thgen is a 98+ fire bird

I'll take the LT-1 over a horrible facelift, thanks bruh

F-bodies have literally always handled decently to surprisingly well, not just compared to American boats but to the usual Euro sportsters as well. People who parrot the 'hurr straight line' meme are idiots who've never read anything other than Veeky Forumstist garbage.

lmao you where so poor you had to settle for a 4th gen, and on top of that you couldn't even afford the best engine? LMFAO
Let me guess you also got the automatic LOOOL

Attached: 1517085105771.gif (244x248, 114K)

I actually bought a 3.8l by mistake, and it is automatic

>Mk IV Supra
>> Widely renowned chassis
...for all the wrong reasons.

The actual handling of the A80 wasn't all that special. It was okay for a '90s sportscar. The MR2 and FD have better driving dynamics in my opinion.

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (300x233, 18K)

Don't listen to all the Jeremy Clarkson wannabes here, the 4th gen F body is a reliable do-it-all kinda car. The aftermarket is huge and parts are cheap. Want handling? Call up UMI, BMR, or Strano. The cavernous wheel wells can fit 315s with ease. Wanna go straight? Midwest Chassis, UMI, and BMR can hook you up there too.

Yeah, they're cheaply made. Yeah, the interiors are shit. Yeah, the stock rear ends are fragile like glass. It's all a compromise.

fat square stance radials and a decent suspension?

>t. sisterfucker named cletus
Ftfy faggot

Pair of bus riding faggots having a pissing contest on Veeky Forums

>Mk IV Supra
> Widely renowned chassis
It really wasn't. It was known as "ok, for a gt car" Supras that handle well have had just about every suspension component changed. You could make a Dodge Caravan handle well if you did that to it.

Not a F&F fag, but it is a touring car.

Fuck 1.6 rockers just save the money and port the intake and install an even bigger cam with at least 228 duration and you'll be at 400 horses to the wheels. With a Z06 cam and truck heads with bigger valves will get you there too

LS1 came with 1.7 ratio stock

aside of the block being like 30lb lighter, seriously what is so much better? end of the day its a chevy 350.

They weren't even bad cornering cars when they came out, the late model Z28s had comparable skidpad numbers to a convertible C5. Just shitty tradeoffs with ride quality and balance because solid axle because budget.

I have a fetish for underrated racing Camaros, so seeing autocross catfish makes me rock hard. But yeah, I almost picked one olup for cheap, already had the rear end swapped out, the cars are really one of the best budget sports cars out there, shame they're ridiculously inflated in price in leafistan

6 bolt main bearings, 1.7 rocker ratio compared to the LT1 1.5, deep skirt block, way better flowing heads, one coil per cylinder instead of the shit LT1 Optispark, a larger camshaft core for more strength, better valve angle, roller rockers instead of stamped steel pieces

Attached: CAB50CHC041A0101.jpg (788x525, 42K)

so if i gave you two identical cars in every way, but one had a lt1 and one had a ls1, you'd never be able to tell the difference.

Catfish are cool desu

The plastic intake gives it away

Attached: medium_1994_chevrolet_camaro_z28_2_door_convertible_10e4.jpg (1532x532, 352K)

I mean you would feel the 50hp difference, especially in a catfish. In the end, the LS has more tuning potential, so if you intend to mod, the cheaper initial cost will be outweighed if you go past 500hp

dude, ive owned a 95 and 99 camaro.

im just saying, based on personal experience, the ls1 isnt that much better than the lt1. its not that big of a deal.

Only advantage to the Camaro is that it's cheap. Cheapness that is hilariously obvious.

Why do people that know nothing always think the Supra was a shitty handling boat?

Attached: Supra_4.jpg (3204x2179, 1.78M)

Yeah I could you dumb fuck. The intake if the hood was popped, if not the front headlights are 4 eyes if lt1, regular rounded lights if ls1. Also LT1 came with ugly ass fanblade wheels. Different rear lights and rear spoiler as well.

GR8 B8 M8

Yes?

FUCK YOU OP I WANTED ONE. NOW I CAN'T UNSEE REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1517510421184.png (631x757, 427K)

wow didn't know the lts came with a stage 8 high output turbo stock
niioce
>now knowing the 4th gen catfish meme
holyfucking shit how new are you?

Attached: 564654564.jpg (1532x532, 360K)

uh huh. Have ever been on supraforums before?

none of those dude give a flying fuck about that shit movie. The only people who gas or put down that terrible movie/specific car are underage faggots like you who have never driven a Turbo supra yourself.

Attached: 17071105139_3a5ee8c648_k.jpg (2048x1290, 691K)

>Why do people that know nothing always think the Supra was a shitty handling boat?

because all the information they got on the Supra is from youtube comments, Veeky Forums shitposts, and NFS/Forza Horzon.

Attached: anthracitesupramkiv1b.jpg (2592x1944, 1.73M)

Is the 4th gen Camaro the cheapest LS1 vehicle?

I have a project Nova I would eventually like to engine swap, but it seems like Camaros and Firebirds are pushing $5K these days in Los Angeles. At that price, I might as well invest a couple more and get a GTO, or be a classy gentleman in a G8.

Camaros are shit ugly to me, and firebirds look better. GTO could pass off as a sleeper, and a G8 as a classy sleeper.

You people are morons. You may get away with it in person, but do your research.

Realest posts I've seen on Veeky Forums. Whoever you are, keep doing what you do.

The mr2 has Macpherson struts and isn't even close to the fd. Try the nsx and you're about on par

>oh no everything he says is correct
>better call him fag for not buying American GM Products and lying about them on the internet like a True American

yeah camaro confirmed for shit tier.

no.
Handle, yes
Handle well, no.

Any idiot can swap a big engine into something
It takes a group of persons who know what they're doing to make a car handle great.

cheaper yes. better NO.

>>TROLL HARDER